Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe a timeskipe where technology is more common and everyone can be a tinkerer class HAHAH

Have no idea why so many pll think it will be timeskip.10 000 years in shadowlands=1 second in azeroth.Even beter right befor d last blow is delivered to d final boss he put d barrier betwen d worlds back up and all heroews are locked in shadowlands forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    He also said "Not exactly x3 or x10" whatever that means. We don't even know how much time we will spend actually in SL. If it is 2 years and the timewarp is less than x3...so it could be 4 years in the future...which is just useless...right?

...and ofc he said "we just have to see" - so they might have a very vague idea. I think he should have just not said anything...they might scrap the idea after all
    The usual expansion timespan is a year in lore these days. A 4-5 year time skip would allow them to do alot from a narrative PoV, I would certainly not dismiss that as useless.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, you're missing my point. Because you are, without saying it.

You're suggesting they make multiple trips, AFTER having already arrived in a far off future. You're suggesting that, even after reaching that far off future, regardless of how many successful trips without going to the future they had, they would continue to travel using the Shadowlands.

This is your mistake.
    I've been very clear that I'm not suggesting that, I'm suggesting just one trip to the future. Please don't tell me that I don't know what I just said, just because you haven't read it properly.

There will never be a timeskip as big as 1000 years in the future or smth like that. That would only happen if WoW ever shut down and Blizzard wanted to make another game using the world.

The greatest time skip we will probably see is a maximum of 10 years. Just a timeskip, not going forward and then back, etc.

You go into the shadowlands to fix death. Because death is broken and connected to Azeroth time in the Shadowlands and azeroth pass relatively the same.

Once you fix Death, time is disconnected between the 2. This means that going back to Azeroth after fixing death there might be a 5-10 year gap.

Not enough to completely change the landscape but enough to have some changes that would not be exactly explained in a single year.

Then you have a ready made leveling experience/narrative of our characters trying to figure out what the fuck happened while we were gone. Great potential for mystery story lines. Something not possible right now because we have been part of every major event that has happened in the world for the last 30 years or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    What if it is the other way? You come out of shadowlands at the end of the expansion and a questgiver is like "Yo dude back already? You've only been away for like 10 minutes".

Remember this photo from official comic

10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely it's just gonna be "whoever was invading had the chance to take over blah blah blah cause we were gone for a year!"

Frankly I think a major timeskip would be a bad idea while a smaller one would be useless.

A minor time skip is essentially what we saw in the battlefronts. We jumped from one state(destroyed Darkshore/Stromgarde) to another(occupied zone/rebuild captial). Don't get me wrong, it looked impressive and was a major lore development, but the lack of player involvement in let's say the Shatterspear Tribe returning to their homes or freaking Danath Trollbane taking over and rebuilding his nation meant we were less invested than we could have been with rather minor work on Blizzard's side.

A major timeskip disconnects us from the characters and world we are supposed to care even more. Imagine ending the expansion and returning to a world having major changes you had no hand in. A rebuilt Lordearon(capital) with Callia as queen? Let us help with the rebuilding, see the characters live in and take part in Callia's coronation. Likewise the retaking of Gilneas or the creation of a new Night Elven capital ... wherever and it whatever form.

The one thing which would reconcile me with it would if it came with a major reconstruction of the world. Not a revamp like in Cataclysm, but a change so that Silvermoon and Gilneas would no longer be locked behind gates. It would be a major undertaking in terms of the structure of the game, but in the wake of it a time skip seems justified. They could build a much better system this way.

Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post

Remember this photo from official comic
    Would be cool if they followed up with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think it would help alot if Blizzard would just stop forcing the player characters into a race-war and instead embrace their status as neutral adventurers and mercenaries that help out the factions if it pleases them. That way they can have their cake and eat it too. It's just too jarring to constantly fight at the side of lore figures with complete trust only to be on their KoS list right next patch. They can have the factions at constant war, that doesn't mean the players have to participate in it. Not to mention that half the races have neutral variants and it should be practically impossible right now to determine on first sight who belongs to which side..

Hear, hear! Characters that are neutral mercenaries and heroes can also still fight PvP including arena and whatnot as they wish. Open world PvP also is not going to work in a game centered around PvE and is not something people should feel pushed into, in order to get some extra XP & REP, just to be cannonfodder for whichever side is stronger that day. The faction war needs to go away. The factions being able to work together would also effectively double the number of players queing for various dungeons etc.

He also said "Not exactly x3 or x10" whatever that means. We don't even know how much time we will spend actually in SL. If it is 2 years and the timewarp is less than x3...so it could be 4 years in the future...which is just useless...right?

...and ofc he said "we just have to see" - so they might have a very vague idea. I think he should have just not said anything...they might scrap the idea after all
    He did say those numbers, but in reference to how much faster time has gone for the people we encounter in the Shadowlands. The question was about how it seems that more time has passed for the familiar faces we meet in the Shadowlands, then has passed on Azeroth since their death. Such as Uther being a Kyrian, though becoming one is stated to often take eons.

People are concluding Time Skip, even though time seems to be moving faster. In the end though, Ion's comments are likely just there to create wiggle-room where it comes to the state of the NPCs we encounter.

Oh yeah..if it really takes Eons to become a Kyrian. Was there really a need to bring all these ppl back potentially. Lore fans seem already confused that Uther should be in the light and stuff. Not even adding Arthas and god knows who else...
    I'm guessing it was partially a way to give this expansion its own version of the Warbringers cinematics, as well as to probably provide justifications for the new factions being provided as Allied Races in the future.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I hope they don't go the "distant future" route, but maybe instead it's a few decades later and the world has mostly recovered from the Cataclysm. Portals to main cities could simply just be for gameplay and not necessarily in the story. I think it would be a neat idea that these legendary heroes "die" and Azeroth evolves without them. Then when we come back Captain America style we could go back to being adventurers and not CHAHMPYUHNS
    WoW would feel trash going back to being mere adventurers, I don't play RPG's to remain some random pleb for the entire game. Rising through the ranks and becoming a commander was one of the best things in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It has been pretty obvious that time passes slower on Azeroth, there will be a revamp since some new baddie is going to rise to power while we are away.
    Just nuke him with the Vindicar

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just nuke him with the Vindicar
    What if the baddie IS the Vindicaar?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    A revamp is very much expected and due, so that makes a lot of sense.

I think once we return Azeroth will be far into the future, and the world will be completely different again.
    people are insane if they think a revamp is happening,cata had the largest wow team ever and was a huge failure content wise because of the revamp,the team is a shadow of what it once was,what ion said was simply a dodge as usual,at best wwe can expect a 2 year time expansion instead of the usual 1,thrall iwll proly have an extra gray hair

Honestly, I agree. I think 10 is going to be something insane.
    Think about it.
    We could come out and so much time has passed everyone we knew is different.
    The whole world might be different.

So much time might have passed that the illidan and sargares storyline boiled over.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by experimentOne View Post
    Sylvanas: BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND FLUNG THE CHAMPION INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW
    Good christ....Stop giving them ideas D: They might pull nonsense like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Fucking do it already blizz.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    It's just their way of setting up another faction war. It's been so long since we left now we hate each other again blah blah etc red vs blue is exciting etc.
    I wonder which Alliance city will be genocided by the Horde this time? Ironforge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me, we will come back to Azeroth, with no time skip, but with a revamp inmind, where we as players help rebuild the world, think about it...

As the horde you can help the undead rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as alliance you can help the night elfs rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as someone have said in this topic allready, lets us be part of the world that we play in, let stuff just not happen but let us work for it as players an see it grow with us.

There are so much potetial...

Lordareon... (Genn retake Gilenas... Alterac reborn... Stratholm retaken by the argent crusade... ecc)
    Eastweald better be protectorate zone by the Argent Crusade for the Foraken, and Alterac better rejoin the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.