Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    that's weird, the Scarlet Crusade should've been ended by Thassarian in Legion and those in New Hearthglen eventually assimilated in Dalaran. Also, not sure how Lightforged Demon Hunters would appear since Illidan practically ended all possibilities for them when he killed X'era

But this is nice though. I'm thinking of another possible unlock questline for Lightbound Orc when Yrel goes crazy in Azeroth and in the end we defeat her and her defeated Lightbounds will never be accepted in the Horde so Turalyon recruits them

- - - Updated - - -

that's weird, the Scarlet Crusade should've been ended by Thassarian in Legion and those in New Hearthglen eventually assimilated in Dalaran. Also, not sure how Lightforged Demon Hunters would appear since Illidan practically ended all possibilities for them when he killed X'era

But this is nice though. I'm thinking of another possible unlock questline for Lightbound Orc when Yrel goes crazy in Azeroth and in the end we defeat her and her defeated Lightbounds will never be accepted in the Horde so Turalyon recruits them

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, I actually got the impression that Allied Races are reskins of existing Core Races

Regarding Alterac Humans, we can't bring current Syndicate members given that we fought them in Stromgarde. So it's the Blackthorn Bandits in WC3, the Ravenholdt, the Fogsail, and the Defias - and also the "good" former Syndicate members
    Technically speaking, none of the AR's are actually just reskins. They all have model differences in some capacity, but the fact that you have this viewpoint in my opinion speaks to the issue that I am trying to represent: Too much similarity between races. Would it make sense if instead of simply giving the Blood Elves a golden eye color option, they made an entirely new race of "Sun Elves" or whatever? It could work from a lore standpoint, as that's something entirely based on the writing and if the Sun Elves infused with Holy energy decide they don't want to live with the Blood Elves who still allow Fel energy around them, then that's something they wrote into the story. Something very dumb, I might add. Dumb because from a gameplay standpoint, you've got two different races that have the exact same aesthetic, with different eye colors.

See what I'm saying? Again it's not to say anything negative about your AR idea and how they fit in canonically, because I think it's cool AF to be honest. Orderly, zealous Orcs brought into the Alliance by the Draenei and barbaric, vengeful Humans brought into the Horde by the Forsaken. Very cool idea indeed that for the most part, works very well within the existing lore. I'd like to see what you could come up with regarding their unique customization options!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Lightbound anything is just gross.
    Draenei actually make sense.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Draenei actually make sense.
    Ya i guess but even that is lame. Just Draenei 2.0 and since they have now shown the lightbound thing can and is forced on people, turning them into brainwashed slaves, it becomes even worse.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Technically speaking, none of the AR's are actually just reskins. They all have model differences in some capacity, but the fact that you have this viewpoint in my opinion speaks to the issue that I am trying to represent: Too much similarity between races. Would it make sense if instead of simply giving the Blood Elves a golden eye color option, they made an entirely new race of "Sun Elves" or whatever? It could work from a lore standpoint, as that's something entirely based on the writing and if the Sun Elves infused with Holy energy decide they don't want to live with the Blood Elves who still allow Fel energy around them, then that's something they wrote into the story. Something very dumb, I might add. Dumb because from a gameplay standpoint, you've got two different races that have the exact same aesthetic, with different eye colors.
    my bad not exactly just reskin, but also a retexture and uhh... derivative of the existing core races. Your "Sun Elves" is literally how the Void Elves were conceived - an obvious asspull. Also, my suggestions aren't exactly stooping low as just an eye color change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Or Zealot, perhaps even Reaver like the orc paladins were called in some semi-popular (probably forgotten) other F2P MMO once - can't recall the name though
    Yes zealots would also be nice. High Zealot is sexy for a title
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account
    (Moving this here to avoid derailing the Void Elves thread)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They could. I won't complain.
    The Alliance shall Feel the Hatred of Thirty Years!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Alterac belongs to the Alliance. We're gonna build a huge parking lot over the graves of these filthy traitor scum.
    The Alliance pretty much expected the Alteraci to be live bait to the Old Horde and Perenolde was only right to secure the future and safety of his people in response

The Alliance ended Alterac as a nation and their identity and neglected them since the end of the Second War and they even ignored Isiden Perenolde to validate his claim and left Alterac as dead. The Blackthorn Bandits, the Ravenholdt Guild, and the Fogsail Freebooters shall lay their claim here and together with the Frostwolf Clan, they will finally get back at the Alliance from their crimes and prevent them from going north to Quel'thalas
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    (Moving this here to avoid derailing the Void Elves thread)

The Alliance shall Feel the Hatred of Thirty Years!

The Alliance pretty much expected the Alteraci to be live bait to the Old Horde and Perenolde was only right to secure the future and safety of his people in response

The Alliance ended Alterac as a nation and their identity and neglected them since the end of the Second War and they even ignored Isiden Perenolde to validate his claim and left Alterac as dead. The Blackthorn Bandits, the Ravenholdt Guild, and the Fogsail Freebooters shall lay their claim here and together with the Frostwolf Clan, they will finally get back at the Alliance from their crimes and prevent them from going north to Quel'thalas
    I think we are too late. With the cycle being temporarily broken by Sadfang, there is no one to aid Alterac in their uprising.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

No.

A BIG NO.

You can cross over many races of the game, buy once you have Alliance Orcs and Horde Humans there's no point at all in the factions whatsoever.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Horde Humans
    we already have them as one of the very first core races in the game, why not?

I like the idea of Horde getting Bandit/Pirate Humans and Alliance getting Lightbound Orcs. It's a good example of cross factional twists.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    I like the idea of Horde getting Bandit/Pirate Humans and Alliance getting Lightbound Orcs. It's a good example of cross factional twists.
    Plus I hope with the apparent craze of Humans reclaiming their old kingdoms Alterac and Stromgarde get something special to flesh out their culture more, like maybe Alterac could get some black knight style armor and winter gear and have their fall to the most consistantly morally askew kingdom elaborated on, meanwhile Stromgarde could seek out the Vrykul in order to learn the ways of their ancestors, hell maybe they could bring some Storm Dragons to be raised in Arathi Highlands, basically anything that will make them more visually unique than Rogues and red Stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Plus I hope with the apparent craze of Humans reclaiming their old kingdoms Alterac and Stromgarde get something special to flesh out their culture more, like maybe Alterac could get some black knight style armor and winter gear and have their fall to the most consistantly morally askew kingdom elaborated on, meanwhile Stromgarde could seek out the Vrykul in order to learn the ways of their ancestors, hell maybe they could bring some Storm Dragons to be raised in Arathi Highlands, basically anything that will make them more visually unique than Rogues and red Stormwind
    This is absolutely imperative that that they stand out significantly. We don't want just a copy paste with little effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I doubt Blizzard would ever allow Alliance Orcs and Horde Humans since those races are so ingrained in their respective faction's identity

As an idea? It certainly works and it's way better than mechagnomes
    Alteraci Humans won't make sense ever... unless they somehow get recruited from the Shadowlands or risen as undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Alteraci Humans won't make sense ever... unless they somehow get recruited from the Shadowlands or risen as undead.
    Well, Alterac was allied with the Horde during the Second War
    I wouldn't make them a race though. They are just humans
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I like the idea for Alteraci, but their homeland is one of the lamest zones in the game. So lame it was annexed into Hillsbrad's map in Cataclysm. Alterac Valley is closer to what the area is supposed to be like, but if we stick with outworld presentation the Alteraci HQ would either have to be an underground city in Alterac zone or just be situated in one of the yet-to-be implemented islands, such as the mentioned Zul'dare. I suppose they could also revamp the small snowy area entirely, but it would still be surrounded by zones of ancient design, which I think hurts it more than being out of sight or by the sea.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

no, orcs should always been part of the horde and humans always part of the alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    alterac fell before the start of the third war. there wasn't even a peep about them from the orcs or the humans, or the undead.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    no, orcs should always been part of the horde and humans always part of the alliance.
    We already have humans in the Horde since Vanilla, and a race from the Alliance of Lordaeron that look pretty much like humans in the Horde in TBC. Why not? Plus their old alliance since the Second War definitely needs to be rekindled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Lightbound Orcs are inevitable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I like the idea for Alteraci, but their homeland is one of the lamest zones in the game. So lame it was annexed into Hillsbrad's map in Cataclysm. Alterac Valley is closer to what the area is supposed to be like, but if we stick with outworld presentation the Alteraci HQ would either have to be an underground city in Alterac zone or just be situated in one of the yet-to-be implemented islands, such as the mentioned Zul'dare. I suppose they could also revamp the small snowy area entirely, but it would still be surrounded by zones of ancient design, which I think hurts it more than being out of sight or by the sea.
    Here's my kinda take for it:

And yes, I wish they really expand the area

5+ Year Old Account
    "humans in the horde since vanilla"
    pirates are neutral, they don't really count.

Honestly I'd really rather not.
    Alterac is a corrupted black dragon kingdom. It's deader than disco. Anyone who's in it is just gonna join the Syndicate.
    Lightforged Orcs... I think everyone's had enough of alt Draenor.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

...am I honestly the only one who believes the designers are now done with Allied Races because "That was a BfA thing" and are simply moving on?

- - - Updated - - -

"humans in the horde since vanilla"
    pirates are neutral, they don't really count.
    Playing humorous Devil's Advocate: Technically there was Medivh... ;P