Poll: Which class are you most hoping to see in WoW?

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are absolutely splitting hairs. The blood elves and the draenei just have a different method of tinkering. That doesn't mean they're not Tinkers just because they don't fit the aesthetic YOU want.
    Feel free to offer up some examples of Blood Elf or Draenei "Tinker" abilities that could be applied to a Tinker class.

Also find abilities that can work with Goblin and Gnome Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Feel free to offer up some examples of Blood Elf or Draenei "Tinker" abilities that could be applied to a Tinker class.

Basically every energy based attack which I assume would be part of the classes toolkit considering how energy heavy Gallywix and Mekkatorque are in their mechs?

Normally I would but I am absolutely sick of you moving the goalposts so I'm not going to waste the time. You have proven time and time again that you will go to great lengths to discredit anything that people give you as evidence even when you're wrong. What matters to me is not going through spells and abilities to somehow please you. What matters to me is that there are plenty of people in this thread that agree with me and whole-heartedly disagree with YOU.

I've tried playing your game and showing you examples. You proved to me that absolutely nothing is good enough so why should I bother trying again? It's an exercise in futility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would but I am absolutely sick of you moving the goalposts so I'm not going to waste the time. You have proven time and time again that you will go to great lengths to discredit anything that people give you as evidence even when you're wrong. What matters to me is not going through spells and abilities to somehow please you. What matters to me is that there are plenty of people in this thread that agree with me and whole-heartedly disagree with YOU.

I've tried playing your game and showing you examples. You proved to me that absolutely nothing is good enough so why should I bother trying again? It's an exercise in futility.
    Translation: I got nothing.

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing what you could come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Basically every energy based attack which I assume would be part of the classes toolkit considering how energy heavy Gallywix and Mekkatorque are in their mechs?
    Such as?

Examples please.

Translation: I got nothing.

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing what you could come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Such as?

Examples please.
    no. You were looking forward to feeling a false sense of superiority when you inevitably shot down any example I put forth, no matter how much you would be wrong for doing it.

I don't know why that would be the case, considering that Blood Elves and Draenei don't pilot mechs.
    Considering you display a complete and total lack of the ability to understand other people's viewpoints, I'm not surprised. Newsflash, Teriz: many people (I'd argue the majority) don't like gnomes and goblins and have other preferred races.

My agenda is only to push a Tinker concept that is strong and cohesive.
    And none of that requires a class to be "gnome/goblin-only". Technology is broad enough to make a class out of it without restricting it to the two most unpopular races in the game. If a tech class is ever introduced into this game, it is highly unlikely to be restricted to only gnomes and goblins, but rather be open to a wide variety of races, for two main reasons:
    • One: gnomes and goblins are highly unpopular, arguably widely disliked. Evidence for that is the number of gnome and goblin characters in WoW, and the various arts and comics of people making fun of gnomes.
    • Two: there is absolutely zero lore that restricts the concept to just those two races. Evidence for that are the non-goblin and non-gnome NPCs who teach engineering and other non-G/G NPCs who work with machines.

But if you insist that the class has to be gnome/goblin-themed, then it's another story. But, then again, we have the monk class, which is heavily pandaren-themed... and yet available to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Coincidence? I think not.
    Remove those races, and night elves still vastly outnumber gnomes and goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I want a D3 Necromancer
    I agree. My class idea is somewhat based on the D3/D2 necro, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

There were Blood Elf, Draenei, Forsaken, Human, and Gnome Monks before MoP, so that's more than likely the cause. However, its important to note that despite those other forms of martial arts, the Monk class revolves around only Pandaren martial arts, per the WC3 hero.
    And we have humans, night elves and dwarf tinkers, right now.

Which means nothing, especially since the profession isn't anything like the Tinker concept and its associated abilities.
    What you ignore, Teriz, is that is lore evidence that technology is not something only gnomes and goblins understand.

Except for Druid and Shaman, for good reason.
    Because those classes require a supernatural calling. The other classes? No. Technology? Also does not require a supernatural calling.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-05-16 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. You were looking forward to feeling a false sense of superiority when you inevitably shot down any example I put forth, no matter how much you would be wrong for doing it.
    Not really, I was just asking for some examples. Since you're so adamant about BE and Draenei Tinkers I was hoping you would have some available.

Since you seemingly can't provide any, I'll just go ahead and say you're mistaken.

Such as?

Examples please.
    I only have the Mekkatorque boss encounter at hand, would it suffice?

https://de.wowhead.com/guides/mythic...strategy-guide

You can also look him up at the raid journal. Most of his attacks are energy based.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have the Mekkatorque boss encounter at hand, would it suffice?

https://de.wowhead.com/guides/mythic...strategy-guide

You can also look him up at the raid journal. Most of his attacks are energy based.
    I was talking about BE and Draenei examples.

looking at the past on what they had on paper ,(tinker) but I guess that was scrapped.. I want another ranged class..

Well if Blizzard os designing a Tinker class then all of them.

If a Tauren can use Spinning Crane kick when there are no cranes in Mulgore, then I'm sure a Blood Elf can use rockets and lasers through Goblin and Gnomish technology.

In fact, they already can through engineering.

Not really, I was just asking for some examples. Since you're so adamant about BE and Draenei Tinkers I was hoping you would have some available.

Since you seemingly can't provide any, I'll just go ahead and say you're mistaken.
    the last time I provided you with examples when you asked for them, you painstakingly picked it apart or found any way you could to invalidate it. Burn me once, shame on me....

I was talking about BE and Draenei examples.
    For Blood Elves there are the NPCs in The Eye

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=20042/te...mith#abilities

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=20063/ma...neer-telonicus

For Draenei basically play Argus and use the Warframe. And my Argument is, that it doesn't need to be abilities specifically from Draenei or Blood Elves, but that there is no argument against them being able to play as Tinkers, when the abilities somehow can fit them. Which is by far a higher standart than the one that Blizzard has, looking at how not only with Monks but with nearly half the class/Race combinations, especially on Priests, the abilities don't fit in any shape or form races like Trolls, Night Elves or Tauren.

I mean, looking at Telonicus, you very well have an example for a potential Blood elf Tinker here, considering how Blizz themselves used terms like engineer, technican or machinesmith basically synonimously with Tinker. Thermaplugg called himself a Mekgineer and Omegaplugg calls himself an Endgineer, though I guess you would aggree that they both could be considered Tinkers, just as a Blood Knight or a Sunwalker can be considered a Paladin. I mean, sure his moveset is very basic, but this was basically Burning Crusade and if you remember, mobs like him were basically the peak of what adds can to inside a boss fight. But he is an technology user who uses technology as his main weapon in combat who also happens to wear mail armor. So we know, Blood Elves can be proficient with technology and do you have basically any reason why they couldn't just focus more on technology again, like Kael'thas forces once did (who also created the strongest magitech weapon we know of to this point in the World of Warcraft which was adopted by Quel'thalas). We have examples of Blood Elves using bombs as their primary weapon in combat, we have examples of them inventing technological masterpieces, we have plenty of examples of Draenei being technologically advanced, as we know that they already art Artificers back in Argus.

So do you have still any arguments outside of personal bias against Draenei and Blood Elves as Tinkers left? Especially since Draenei should be out of debate, their technology is even more hightech than that of Gnomes and Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Blood Elves in outland, stationed in Tempest Keep for years.

Howabout an example of just a regular Blood Elf? A Blood Elf who didn't travel to Outland for years and wind up inside a Naaru spaceship?

For Draenei basically play Argus and use the Warframe.
    Those are Lightforged Draenei. Howabout something for regular Draenei?

So do you have still any arguments outside of personal bias against Draenei and Blood Elves as Tinkers left? Especially since Draenei should be out of debate, their technology is even more hightech than that of Gnomes and Goblins.
    Not bias at all. I can't play as a Blood Elf from Tempest Keep, and standard Draenei aren't the same as LF Draenei, hence why they're different races.

To help out, keep in mind that the Nightborne Artificers and the LF Draenei are the exact same as the Nightborne and LF Draenei that you would roll as. Hence why it makes sense for them to be part of the Tinker class. Since a BE I play as won't be stationed inside Tempest Keep looting its tech, I can't use that as a viable example.

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well if Blizzard os designing a Tinker class then all of them.

If a Tauren can use Spinning Crane kick when there are no cranes in Mulgore, then I'm sure a Blood Elf can use rockets and lasers through Goblin and Gnomish technology.

In fact, they already can through engineering.
    The Tauren was taught that by a traveling Pandaren Monk. Since Tauren have a warrior culture, I'd imagine learning Pandaren hand to hand combat would come easy to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, none of those three options really interest me. I'd be down for a Valkyrie style class. Give it mail armor, a heal spec, ranged bow spec, maybe a melee dps or tank spec even though we really don't need more melee dps.

The Tauren was taught that by a traveling Pandaren Monk. Since Tauren have a warrior culture, I'd imagine learning Pandaren hand to hand combat would come easy to them.
    And all our races are taught Engineering by Engineering trainers who are adept at Goblin and Gnomish technology.

It doesn't take much to extend that knowledge to the brilliant few who adapt that to mechs, like Blood Elves, Draenei, Nightborne and Lightforged already do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And all our races are taught Engineering by Engineering trainers who are adept at Goblin and Gnomish technology.

It doesn't take much to extend that knowledge to the brilliant few who adapt that to mechs, like Blood Elves, Draenei, Nightborne and Lightforged already do.
    Engineering profession =/= Tinker class

Engineering profession =/= Tinker class
    Only in your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in your eyes.
    Engineering contains none of the abilities from the Tinker. How can they be the same?

Further, no Nightborne or LF Draenei tech. So its definitely not the same.

Only in your eyes.
    In a lot of peoples eyes. There's a big difference between an accentuating profession and a full blown class. Fuck, it's like saying the old First Aid Profession = a Healing Class