Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things to do in Shadowlands

Is anyone else worried that they are putting all their eggs in one basket with Torghast?So far i haven't seen really anything else that will be worth repeating or new to do other than Torghast.It is an expac long thing we are going to be grinding so 2 and a half years give or take in there.I feel it will get old fast even though it does look really fun.I can only hope we get a good max level zone that has great story and exploration like Suramar had back in Legion.I realize it is early alpha still and more things will probably be added but its just something i think about.

What do you think about it,and what would you like to see?
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2020-05-15 at 10:51 PM.

I mean does it really matter, BFA have warfront and island that are complete garbage anyways

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I mean does it really matter, BFA have warfront and island that are complete garbage anyways
    That is why i said something good to do.Yes Warfronts,islands and visions were terrible.To me yes it matters.Logging in just to do the same thing over and over gets very boring.

The same content that's been in the game for the past few expansions will still exist. Raids, dungeons, PvP, pet battles if you're into that. World content involves the Maw, which you visit for limited periods of time to unlock the Torghast runs, but I suppose if you're super into it then you can spend your time there. Old content will continue to exist to be farmed. I really don't know what you want from them, Torghast is a massive departure from the core formula in and of itself. If you don't like the stuff that's already in the game and will continue to be in the game, why do you play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a raider, I got my fix. Torghast is a bonus for me.

As for everyone else, even if all else fails - they will still have M+ and some sort of WQs/dailies alongside with usual sandbox-ish activity.

It doesn't matter what they add in any expansion and how many 'infinite' systems they add. Eventually in WoW if you play all day every day you will either see all possible content and just have to be 'done' or you have to accept you will be repeating content.

At the very least we know SL will have:
    Raids;
    M+;
    Arenas;
    BGs;
    Professions;
    Pet battles;
    Toy Collecting;
    Mount farming; and;
    Targhast (I assume there will also be world quests).

If that's not enough maybe (and I swear I'm not being malicious) people need to think about why they're playing wow.

I am praying the storyline is easy to follow.. just going to quest max our profession,,attempt to join a good guild to raid with.. and enjoy the game all complete everything I can I wish they would bring back rewards for achievements.. that would be fun I need some new titles.. or toys or something

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, all dailies, dungeons and raids will dissapear because of Torghast.

Well we haven't seen all the soulbind acquisitions, conduits, legendary crafting and other covenant based things to do. What's nice is that they seem to be thinking about extensible systems like Torghast and covenants which can have many layers of features to build upon easily

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Is anyone else worried that they are putting all their eggs in one basket with Torghast?So far i haven't seen really anything else that will be worth repeating or new to do other than Torghast.It is an expac long thing we are going to be grinding so 2 and a half years give or take in there.I feel it will get old fast even though it does look really fun.I can only hope we get a good max level zone that has great story and exploration like Suramar had back in Legion.I realize it is early alpha still and more things will probably be added but its just something i think about.

I absolutely loved the general feel and difficulty of Suramar pre-flying, wish they'd do more with that difficulty curve in endgame (questing) areas.

>Things to do in Shadowlands
    Abstain from resubscribing.

wasnt wow's golden age wotlk?you know when you had ZERO stuff to do?

Let's see SL will have:

Leveling/questing
    Dungeons
    Raids
    PvP
    Covenants
    Soulbinds
    Torghast
    Pet battles
    Factions
    Transmog hunts
    Legendary hunts
    Mount/pet hunts

That's just off the top of my head without looking at anything official.

So it looks like pretty much every other freaking expansion. There will plenty to do. My suggestion is pace yourself and enjoy it. From the time I joined a MC raiding guild in Vanilla through ICC it was all about getting done as fast as possible. Since Cata through Mid MoP and the last 4 weeks or so I havn't cared about any of that stuff and my experience from Cata onward has been way better than Vanilla through ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Leveling/questing
    Such content, much gameplay, wow.

Dungeons
    Remind me when was it last time when Billzord made an ENJOYABLE 5-ppl dungeon?
    Oh, right. Back in 3.x. Oh well.

Raids
    Same. The only raid that didn't outright suck since 3.3.5 was The Nighthold, which was somewhat decent. The rest of them were a joke. They didn't get anywhere close to Ulduar. What are the odds that these new ones will be decent? Whimsical at best.

PvP
    This picture remains viable since 2009.

Covenants
    ...are already a messed up concept.

Soulbinds
    You've got to be kidding me.

Torghast
    You must be one of those 'we nid mor conceptz from doeblo 3 in our wow!' cultists.
    Kindly unmake your existence for the greater good of us all.

Pet battles
    Jesus Christ.

Factions
    You can't just tag that Covenant stuff twice by simply changing how you name them, m'lady.

Transmog hunts
    Legendary hunts
    Mount/pet hunts
    Jesus F. Christ.

I no longer wonder Scumzzicostas wasn't yet booted from the team. Clearly, he has an... audience... of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I absolutely loved the general feel and difficulty of Suramar pre-flying, wish they'd do more with that difficulty curve in endgame (questing) areas.
    same. that was one of my favorite additions to wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post

Same. The only raid that didn't outright suck since 3.3.5 was The Nighthold, which was somewhat decent. The rest of them were a joke. They didn't get anywhere close to Ulduar. What are the odds that these new ones will be decent? Whimsical at best.

You must be one of those 'we nid mor conceptz from doeblo 3 in our wow!' cultists.

Jesus Christ.

You can't just tag that Covenant stuff twice by simply changing how you name them, m'lady.

Jesus F. Christ.

I no longer wonder Scumzzicostas wasn't yet booted from the team. Clearly, he has an... audience... of his own.
    Doesn't matter if you don't like or agree with it. There will be plenty to do.

I have the same concern that Blizzard is relying way to much on Thorgast for Shadowlands to be good. If you look at all its other features it feels very barebones. Only 4 questing zones which is the least we have gotten yet (technically Legion also had 4, but they had Suramar which is also a questing zone for max level). New dungeons and raids are always nice but they are standard content which will get more boring after a few runs, and no not everyone likes running them over and over and over and over and over again with just slightly more difficult enemies and slightly better loot. Covenants has yet to be seen if its going to be any good, this alone could very well ruin the entire expansion. The extra customisation is nice and I really hope they expand on as many races as possible like Dragonmaw for orcs and ice trolls for Darkspear trolls. All this pet/mount/transmog farming is just doing older content which has little to do with the actual Shadowlands expansion.

Jesus Christ.

Jesus F. Christ.

I do have one question for you, why are you still playing WoW when you cleary hate the game so much

Its not a new game its an expansion. If you dont like the endgame now(pvp/m+/raids) you wont like it in Shadowlands. Time to move on and find a new game

>Things to do in Shadowlands
    Abstain from resubscribing.
    but continue to post about the game anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I do have one question for you, why are you still playing WoW when you cleary hate the game so much
    he probably doesnt. but hey, shitposting on the internet is free so here we go.