Poll: Most damaging to Blizzard’s reputation?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Blizzchung is the definition of fake outrage. Its not that I don't think people care, it's that I'm appalled that people actually thought a multibillion dollar company would really give a shit about diversity and actually doing what's right.

I voted other, I don't really think that one thing hurt their reputation, it's been a comedy of errors. Misreading the market and not snatching up Dota and coming out really late with HotS; Panda, WoD, and then early patch Legion, then the BFA dev cycle basically ignoring feedback.

I hate to say it but, Don't You Have Phones hurt a lot and I don't really blame the guys up on stage. They were nervous, and they were faced with a crowd that was ready to turn hostile on them, which has never happened in Blizzcon. I think Immortal will probably be alright for mobile, even though i was mad at the time, although the skin donor for the game coming up short in China is definitely putting Immortal in a spot to be a real high possible of being a flop.

I think in Blizz's long history, it will be easy for them to turn around their public perception. They've been operating for 30 years now, and really it's been the last few years that have the real problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Blizzchung is the definition of fake outrage. Its not that I don't think people care, it's that I'm appalled that people actually thought a multibillion dollar company would really give a shit about diversity and actually doing what's right.

I voted other, I don't really think that one thing hurt their reputation, it's been a comedy of errors. Misreading the market and not snatching up Dota and coming out really late with HotS; Panda, WoD, and then early patch Legion, then the BFA dev cycle basically ignoring feedback.

I hate to say it but, Don't You Have Phones hurt a lot and I don't really blame the guys up on stage. They were nervous, and they were faced with a crowd that was ready to turn hostile on them, which has never happened in Blizzcon. I think Immortal will probably be alright for mobile, even though i was mad at the time, although the skin donor for the game coming up short in China is definitely putting Immortal in a spot to be a real high possible of being a flop.

I think in Blizz's long history, it will be easy for them to turn around their public perception. They've been operating for 30 years now, and really it's been the last few years that have the real problems.
    i think the term your looking for is unrealistic expectations then. fake outrage would be someone who is just trying to drum up outrage but isn't actually outraged.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I went with Diablo: Immortal.
    If you present a cut-and-pasted mobile game with a new skin as a great thing to a crowd of PC gamers you do not do it the way Blizz did it.
    You show slides of Diablo IV as a WIP, tell your players you wipped something up to keep 'em busy in the meantime and THEN show the trailer to the mobile game.
    Some will complain but it is clear that the franchise is not dead and that a new PC game will come.
    And you don't throw lines like 'Don't you people have phones' at a group of avid PCMR. You don't poke an irrated bear with a pointy stick.

Everything that followed (Blizzchung, WC3:R) show us that Blizz is just another big game-company that cares more about investors than loyal fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post

Everything that followed (Blizzchung, WC3:R) show us that Blizz is just another big game-company that cares more about investors than loyal fans.
    What if the chinese fans outnumber the rest of us?
    With your logic, they would have been in the absolute right with their decision.

WC3: Refunded, simply because it was the last straw that broke it for me.
    Silence, lies and false advertising, then digging their heels in on WE are wrong, but not they.
    And it came just a few months after Blizzcon where they swore after the Blitzchung to be good. It took just a few months...

I would have paid full price for it, if they had delivered all they promised.
    P.S.
    Agressive patching is still not happening, too. And they promised that too after the launch shitstorm. Yet another promise.

Definitely WC3 reforged. Lowered the bar massively on what to expect from blizzard games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling to Activision. From then on, the Blizzard that we knew died.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I guess it's alright to feel sorry for the guys on stage, but... one of them was the lead designer. It's a PR failure on the surface, but beyond that, it showcases that the devs are either completely disconnected from the players or they don't really care what the players think as long as the game brings a ton of money (which it will, obviously). Pick your poison. They SHOULD have expected to get booo'd into oblivion after slapping the primarily PC audience in its collective face with Immortal.

For me that was the moment I've lost faith in Blizzard, I quit WoW years before, but I thought it's mainly a problem with me, not the game. But with their other franchises getting buried later on, I wasn't so sure, and that was really the point I knew it's not just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Selling to Activision. From then on, the Blizzard that we knew died.
    While some of the corporate structures have clearly come down from activsion, they didn't really have much choice there. They were sold by vivendi. If anything, their mistake was to become a traded company and only chase money in the 90's.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Definitely WC3 reforged. Lowered the bar massively on what to expect from blizzard games.
    that turd was pretty much doa.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    What if the chinese fans outnumber the rest of us?
    With your logic, they would have been in the absolute right with their decision.
    I would like to hear what the chinese fans have to say. Sadly with the MoC dictating what they can even see and get i doubt i'll ever hear what they truly like. Companies groveling to please the CCP, changing things to appease them to get access to the chinese market, is IMO not the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Activision is the most damaging Blizzard action.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandering to intersectionalists with Overwatch character design was honestly the most idiotic thing they could do. Pro tip, intersectionalists, like the rest of the SJW cohort, are perpetual goalpost movers. You can try as many times as you like but they will continue to be mad for one reason or another.