Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I didn't say invincible. Said OP. Unless Ure talking about someone else.
    never said you did, fam.

only clarified that it was in the old lore.

the exact word was near invulnerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    never said you did, fam.

only clarified that it was in the old lore.

the exact word was near invulnerable.
    Ahhh yea. /10char
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    [Disregard this: edit] It's an internet forum man. There are ppl here that believe that deathwing caused South Shore. I don't think it's worth the effort to chase ppl so they bow down to frostmourne and nerzhul. [Disregard this: edit]
    Edit: nvm. I went back a few pages and saw some replies. Some ppl just worship him lawl even after the tweet about how Lei Shen can smash him. Guess the thread does need to knock some heads in.
    However, people forget that necromancy and the Scourge are an integral part of the Lich King and that the Lich King is smarter than Lei Shen and in this scenario Lei Shen would be the loser.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Chronicles is the most recent source, not "Golden Christie - Arthas: Rise of the Lich King"
    Chronicles are the opinion of the Titans. But even in this case, I do not see any contradictions. In all sources of video, audio materials, books and artifact stories Arthas is described as the unconditional winner in the battle with Illidan, although the battle was difficult.

in ICC - as soon as Frostmourne shatters - he loses instantly

even if Arthas somehow returned in SL - what good is he without Frostmourne ?
    He didn't lose instantly, he took a beating of 90% of his hp. That is hardly losing instantly for me.

Can we say that Tirion is nothing without Ashbringer then?

they had Arthas kill his spirit off in a battle of dominance inside the Helm, post TFT

do YOUR homework
    you said blizzard just killed him off, which was not true. Nerzhul had a long character arc and it was great. ANd yes i did my homework and i also possess the lich king novel. So stop giving me this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    you said blizzard just killed him off, which was not true. Nerzhul had a long character arc and it was great. ANd yes i did my homework and i also possess the lich king novel. So stop giving me this crap.
    He's been doing that 15 pages now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    He's been doing that 15 pages now.
    point taken

point taken
    Not only giving crap but he's like closing he's ears with his hands and like LaLaLa I can't hear a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Can we say that Tirion is nothing without Ashbringer then?
    in terms of "power levelz" - abso-freaking-lutely

his spirit is strong tho

- - - Updated - - -

Not only giving crap but he's like closing he's ears with his hands and like LaLaLa I can't hear a different opinion.
    werent you gonna leave this mean thread ?
    bye !

- - - Updated - - -

you said blizzard just killed him off, which was not true. Nerzhul had a long character arc and it was great.
    and then they had Arthas kill him off off-screen between TFT and WotLK

so yeah Blizz kiled him to give Arthas more room

nice salty reply

this thread is about DK/LK Arthas specifically and how huge of a role Frostmourne played in it (both in terms of creating that persona and empowering it)
    you give DK/LK Arthas a different sword and its not the same character anymore pretty much
    he is right you know, you can say that about anyone in wow.

tyrande is nothing without getting power from Elune.
    thrall is nothing without connecting to the elements.
    malfurion is nothing without enlisting the power of nature.
    mages of dalaran are nothing without their magic.
    Gul dan is nothing if legion never helped him become a warlock.
    aspects are nothing if Titans didnt turn them into aspects.
    I can honestly continue this list to include 90% of warcraft universe in it.

you are talking about the power level here not the personality of a character which actually matters. all of the above examples got their power because of their personality.
    and besides, the thing that matters here is that what these characters did before and after they got their power ups. we are talking about a fantasy world its not like real world when you can say someone is nothing if they dont have their money.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    he is right you know, you can say that about anyone in wow.

tyrande is nothing without getting power from Elune.
    thrall is nothing without connecting to the elements.
    malfurion is nothing without enlisting the power of nature.
    mages of dalaran are nothing without their magic.
    Gul dan is nothing if legion never helped him become a warlock.
    aspects are nothing if Titans didnt turn them into aspects.
    I can honestly continue this list to include 90% of warcraft universe in it.

you are talking about the power level here not the personality of a character which actually matters. all of the above examples got their power because of their personality.
    and besides, the thing that matters here is that what these characters did before and after they got their power ups. we are talking about a fantasy world its not like real world when you can say someone is nothing if they dont have their money.
    and yet this thread isnt about any of those characters, its about Arthas & FM
    that little detail eescapes everyone

and I found paladin Arthas boring and somewhat obnoxious
    DK Arthas was amazing though

you are talking about the power level here not the personality of a character which actually matters.
    the "personality" of DK Arthas literally was created the moment he touched FM and had his soul sucked out (and became Ner'zhuls champion)

no FM = no DK Arthas personality

It doesn't matter who is the thread for. The example you mentioned can easily be used for every single powerful character in the game. Everyone got their power from something. If you expect to start something you should also expect people with different opinions. If your only response to everyone with different opinions is La La La I can't hear anything, salty reply, you're mad bro etc etc then why did you even open a thread?

It doesn't matter who is the thread for. The example you mentioned can easily be used for every single powerful character in the game. Everyone got their power from something. If you expect to start something you should also expect people with different opinions. If your only response to everyone with different opinions is La La La I can't hear anything, salty reply, you're mad bro etc etc then why did you even open a thread?
    feel free to make a thread of your own for those other characters (whose situations are absolutely nothing whatsoever as that of DK Arthas) and stop complaining about it here

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-05-12 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

to answer the original question

even if Arthas somehow returned in SL - what good is he without Frostmourne?
    he can EASILY get a boost from -insert whoever- and become OP.

plus, if his personality will be something akin to his DK one (won't count that one from Edge of Night since I don't believe a thing she says) then all the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Arthas fans dont give enough respect to Frostmourne and Ner'zhul

they think Arthas was some kind of super strong, genius strategist character on his own
    imagine thinking that
    Well, in the other thread I made specifically about Ner'zhul, someone said that probably the reason for him to be so promptly written off, was to pave the way for Golden Boi 1.0... And I tend to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

the "personality" of DK Arthas literally was created the moment he touched FM and had his soul sucked out (and became Ner'zhuls champion)

no FM = no DK Arthas personality
    Undeath does not change personalities. Arthas had the exact same personality that he had as a Paladin. His goals were different, because his outlook on life changed, but he was the same person. He even showed signs of humanizing his undead troops, caring for them as much as he cared about the Lordaeronians before.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Undeath does not change personalities. Arthas had the exact same personality that he had as a Paladin. His goals were different, because his outlook on life changed, but he was the same person. He even showed signs of humanizing his undead troops, caring for them as much as he cared about the Lordaeronians before.
    he wasnt the same person, he lost his sense of morality, he became cruel and hearthless and human arthas was not.

Arthas killed Kel'thuzad with Light's Vengeance

Good, the Arthas before Frostmourne is the only interesting part of his character. I would love to see more of him.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Foivos Karkanis View Post
    Arthas killed Kel'thuzad with Light's Vengeance
    didnt KT want to be an imortal lich anyway ?
    I always assuemd his death and lich-ification was part of Ner'zhuls plan lol

besides killing human, pre-lich, KT isnt a big feat