Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Red face Bwonsamdi exists, but we need a Troll Loa of Life too

Aaaand maybe 'she' should be his wife.
    The 'real-life' version of him Baron Samedi, is married to a Loa of Life: Mama Brigitte. Bwonsamdi doesn't seem to have a wife, since he says something about him being lonely when you click on him. And while I'm not happy about it, his home realm is located in a rather Druidic Afterlife. Now the question is, if we have a Loa of Death, shouldn't we have a Lia of Life as well? It should be female one too, since Mama Brigitte is the Loa of Life in Vodou
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-05-17 at 10:41 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I reckon there would be a Loa of Life somewhere, that makes sense. as for whether she has to be his wife, eh that doesn't have to be a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one, his or her personality would have to be at least IMO totally relaxed and really annoy Bwonsamdi(As in he can't stand her but does nothing).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What is the Winter Queen? Isn’t she tied to the low and their rebirth? I would suspect she is a loose loa of life and maybe just not his wife.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If there is one, his or her personality would have to be at least IMO totally relaxed and really annoy Bwonsamdi(As in he can't stand her but does nothing).
    Bwonsamdi is kind of relaxed too, and he's able to keep his cool even if someone is yelling at him (Rastakhan, Talanji, etc) so I could totally see his Life Loa counterpart being like that. Unless she's a complete jerk to him like Rezan, I couldn't see him getting pissed off.

Hell, married couples tend to bicker and still stay together right?

Pretty sure it was Rezan he was called Loa of Kings but he extended Rastakhans life. He was the Loa they prayed to for crops and health. Which is interesting because his Mother was a Death/Plague Loa that everyone feared. I think all the Loa could be life Loa to some extent. The Sethraks Loa was the reason Vol'dun was a jungle when she died so did Vol'dun.
    Last edited by Felrane; 2020-05-17 at 05:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Loa of Life was the Trex one. The whole Light/Life thing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    That's pretty close to what I was thinking actually. Not sure if he knows about her, or if she has a physical appearance.

I think the Loa of Life should look like a troll. A 'bright' reflection of Bwonsamdi maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Aaaand maybe 'she' should be his wife.
    The 'real-life' version of him Baron Samedi, is married to a Loa of Life: Mama Brigitte. Bwonsamdi doesn't seem to have a wife, since he says something about him being lonely when you click on him. And while I'm not happy about it, his home realm is located in a rather Druidic Afterlife. Now the question is, if we have a Loa of Death, shouldn't we have a Lia of Life as well? It should be female one too, since Mama Brigitte is the Loa of Life in Vodou
    Bwonsamdi has a lot of lore from other deities from many religions and not just with Baron Samedi, besides I don't think he needs a wife, most of the Loa doesn't seem to have one.

Also as it was already said Lukou is the most close to a Loa of life that Trolls has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Bwonsamdi has a lot of lore from other deities from many religions and not just with Baron Samedi, besides I don't think he needs a wife, most of the Loa doesn't seem to have one.

Also as it was already said Lukou is the most close to a Loa of life that Trolls has.
    He looks like Ryuk from Death Note too, and that's not very realistic right? I think Har'Koa has/had a mate, but she's a Loa from a nearly extinct troll tribe. She's a Snow Leopard too. Bwonsamdi's a troll Loa, and that seems to be rare, since the only other non-animal Loa are Zanza and Mueh'zala.

Sadly Lukou isn't widely known or worshipped by Zandalari. Maybe we'll see her in Shadowlands, since quite a few Loa are popping up in the Alpha files

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    What is the Winter Queen? Isn’t she tied to the low and their rebirth? I would suspect she is a loose loa of life and maybe just not his wife.
    She's not worshipped by trolls, and isn't really a Loa. She's more of a Reincarnation/Death Entity. I don't think she's his wife either judging by what Bwon boi says to her. He's almost afraid of her

That would be Aessina.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aessina

She is the soul of the forest, its beating heart, the source of life energy that breaks down stone, devours ancient ruins, and fills dense thickets with mystery and fear. Aessina is the center of the web of life.
    Keeping in mind, of course, that Loa are just the troll term for Wild Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Would be fun to introduce her as Bwonsamdi's wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    That's pretty close to what I was thinking actually. Not sure if he knows about her, or if she has a physical appearance.

I think the Loa of Life should look like a troll. A 'bright' reflection of Bwonsamdi maybe
    I can imagine a troll lady with some flowers and leaves growing from her body.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Torcali (the direhorn) is the Loa of Bounty, the one that protects the harvest which is the traditional role of gods of life. She is sadly absent in WoW even though mentioned in several places; I always thought she is one of the most powerful and important Loa and probably second only to Rezan himself.
    She's in 8.1.5 https://wow.gamepedia.com/Torcali. She appears both during Talanji's coronation and when you help her child become an adult.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    They are Wild Gods and spirits of nature, they are all representants of Life and its aspects.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but she did not even get her own model
    Well neither did Kragwa, Gral, Jani or a lot of other Loa. The amount of Loas with unique models are vastly outnumbered by those with common models.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still Kragwa and Jani do look unique Probably because of the side. While Torcali looks like a copy of a raid boss and nothing more. I don't even get why she needs that type of armor.
    How does Kragwa or Jani look unique? They are litterally just bigger versions of the regular toads and whatever the little trash-raptors are called, both of which litter each zone in Zandalar. Pretty sure that Torcali is the only green version of the armored direhorn in the game actually, which makes her kinda unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could venture a guess the story of Vol'jin becoming a loa would be a loa of life. I know Rezan as something to do with it too, according to datamined text.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Pretty sure it was Rezan he was called Loa of Kings but he extended Rastakhans life. He was the Loa they prayed to for crops and health. Which is interesting because his Mother was a Death/Plague Loa that everyone feared. I think all the Loa could be life Loa to some extent. The Sethraks Loa was the reason Vol'dun was a jungle when she died so did Vol'dun.
    Surely though, thats just what his power is capable of. So by that logic any loa could also be the loa of death
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    That would be Aessina.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aessina

Keeping in mind, of course, that Loa are just the troll term for Wild Gods.
    every wild god could be called a loa, but not every loa can be called a wild god (bwonsamdi, mueh'zala and zanza are good examples)