Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I gave Prey another shot; it was 5 euro so why not.
    Where? its $40 on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Wut? Did you mix up the titles? 2016 is SO fucking slow and sluggish compared to Eternal...
    I did a level in 2016 (good old Lazarus Labs) and yeah, it's not SLOW but I most definitely felt the lack of dashing, meathook and monkey bars, in general it felt like I had fewer options for everything. Movement speed is slightly higher for the PC, but the demons are noticeably slower as well, or at least 2016 doesn't feature the faster demons like Gargoyles, Whiplash, Doom Hunters and Prowlers.

Only other thing I noticed were the powerups. 2016 has a good distribution of them, Eternal has maybe 1 per level, 2 in a handful of cases. I find this a bit odd considering how gratifying it is to unleash quad damage and especially Berserk which shows up literally once in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Where? its $40 on steam.
    I haven't bought anything via steam in YEARS; just check any keyseller site.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite weapon? Most useful weapon? Most hated weapon? For me it's:

Super shotgun, the reverse "get over here" is a godsend, especially with the burn upgrade. Mobility in this game is key, and the super shotgun delivers. Saved my ass countless times on Nightmare. The damage on range also seems greater than I thought at first.

Plasma rifle, at first it feels weaksauce but it really is the best filler/go-to weapon by miles, it also does great dps with the upgraded secondary. Great with ammo conservation as well.

Shotgun, it was really good in Doom16 but now it feels lackluster and its grenade launcher doesn't do much damage. Can be OK vs Pinkies but the SS is just better at everything, that's why it's called the SUPER shotgun, duuuh.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-04-15 at 12:08 PM.

I don't think I can count the number of times the SS saved me by letting me hook over to a lone enemy and restock on armor.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I found the Plasma Rifle just lacking. The Microwave mod is friggin useless, the heat blaster's alright but does nothing that a blood punch doesn't. Getting the Ballista makes the rifle a tough proposition considering they share ammo, and the chaingun more or less makes it obsolete in terms of automatic weaponry. The standard shotty does become obsolete from the midgame onwards, save for forcing staggers on fodder and Cacodemons, and the full auto mod is a waste of time. The grenade launcher can still be handy against Mancubi or even, surprisingly, Marauders in a pinch.

Favorite weapon was, of course, the super shotty. Killer mobility, great damage, grants armor when upgraded which is a lifesaver, just all-around good against damn near every single enemy in the game. Second place is Ballista for its range, falter potential and pinpoint accuracy allowing you to weaken foes from afar, and the chaingun just behind thanks to its absurd DPS and useful mods.

Already posted my thought on the Unmakyr as well. I used more or less all my argent ammo on the BFG, save for the Khan Makyr/Icon boss battles where the Unamkyr finally shines.

My favourites are the ballista and super shotgun. The rifle is useless, the regular shotgun becomes useless and has an unpgrade that I literally never used, the rocket launcher can be useful in particular situations, but the self damage undermines it a lot, the plasma rifle looks great and is a decent filler, the upgrades however are nothing short of useless, eventhough the microwave beam looks amazing.

In a nut shell: You only need the super shotgun, ballista and BFG to save you when you're in a tight spot.

The Unmaykyr is the lamest weapon of all.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I've never played Animal Crossing, but the fact that this exists and both the devs of both games have apparently said they approve of it pleases me greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    €45 on steam atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    €45 on steam atm.
    it's worth it at $60, any sale on it people who don't own it should jump on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree. Even Doom 2016 is still worth the full pricetag. Still holds up really well.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    An aside question that I hope doesn't break any forum rules - remove post if it does as its not my intent! Just hoping for help!

But as an OldER Doom Player (playing since the first one came out when I was in college), I'm finding it very difficult to clear levels now due to mobility limitations I didn't use to play with.

I always enjoyed the open cheat codes Doom always use to allow, and while I know there are cheat codes with the current version - you have to beat the level FIRST before you can use the cheat code.

Does anyone know IF there is ANY way to use cheat codes without beating the level first? Because with my limitations I'm not going to be able to beat all these levels, even on easiest mode (not even close...). I bought the game thinking, like the older versions, it wouldn't be a big deal to find cheat codes. And am now finding otherwise.

Really sucks to pay full release day price for a game and then find out you won't be able to play it. I usually do research like this first, but again, since we've had cheat codes in Doom since Doom I, I was thinking it would be the same here. Without having to finish the level first.

So just wanted to post to see if anybody else knows if this is doable - or if I just supported a company out of the goodness of my wallet =D.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure. Maybe you can download a savegame from someone who has beaten the game? You’d miss out on unlocking the suit/weapon/runes tho. But since you want to play with cheats I don’t think that’d be a problem.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Not sure. Maybe you can download a savegame from someone who has beaten the game? You’d miss out on unlocking the suit/weapon/runes tho. But since you want to play with cheats I don’t think that’d be a problem.
    Yea that was the only thought I had, to maybe see if I can find other players' savegames some where who has completed it. As much as I'd miss out on the unlocks, its much better than not playing any of the game at all.

Honestly, the only cheat I want or need is just 'no death'/godmode. The rest I can play 'as intended.'

But I will go look and see if there are savegames out there! *crosses fingers* I know there are for other games.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea that was the only thought I had, to maybe see if I can find other players' savegames some where who has completed it. As much as I'd miss out on the unlocks, its much better than not playing any of the game at all.

Honestly, the only cheat I want or need is just 'no death'/godmode. The rest I can play 'as intended.'

But I will go look and see if there are savegames out there! *crosses fingers* I know there are for other games.
    There are apparently old school cheat commands for Doom Eternal but it seems rather more involved to get them to work.
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71518...ide/index.html

Note I have no experience with this myself, just got curious and did a quick google search.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are apparently old school cheat commands for Doom Eternal but it seems rather more involved to get them to work.
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71518...ide/index.html

Note I have no experience with this myself, just got curious and did a quick google search.
    dang thanks! I'll give it a read over and see if I can work it.

I did a google search for Cheats but apparently missed that one - cuz I just kept getting the pages talking about clearing levels, when you can unlock various codes, etc.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

So hear about doom eternal installing malware on your computer?

Is it possible to get the game, play only single player and NOT have the denuvo thing ever be installed on your computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could get it on console I guess :-p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So hear about doom eternal installing malware on your computer?

Is it possible to get the game, play only single player and NOT have the denuvo thing ever be installed on your computer?
    Yes its possible. But not as offical version.

Its realy a question if you want to support company shitty practive vs playing a game as it should be.

Not saying that sneaking Denuvo like that is welcome at all, but it's still fairly weird to me that every app or program that people don't like gets accused of being spyware and malware. It was Origin back in the days, Epic Game Store more recently and Denuvo... pretty much since it's been a thing and has slowed down piracy by a fair amount.

I haven't seen any impact on performance so far- if anything it has increased and the game has stopped crashing altogether. Still sucks that a decent upgrade gets dragged down in the mud because Id/Bethesda (more likely the latter) decided to implement a bad anti-cheat after the game released.