Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will we see Grom in Shadowlands?

What about Yrel? Gul'Dan? If we see Gul'Dan, will he have the memories of both of his alternate selves, or will we see two of them, or, what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What about Yrel? Gul'Dan? If we see Gul'Dan, will he have the memories of both of his alternate selves, or will we see two of them, or, what?
    It's best not to ask questions... They already used Parallel universe and time travel to bring back old, well liked characters.. Now we are just going to meet them in heaven...

Yrel is still alive.

Gul'dan? I hope so.

Grom, we're not sure if he's really dead. The alternate selves shit complicates the concept of Shadowlands, do souls or whatever also have alternate versions?

- Yrel is not dead.
    - We'll likely meet Grommash in Maldraxxus as it fits his personality.
    - There won't be AU characters because that's stupid. You won't see 2 Gul'dan staring at each others.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

There's no need to delve into multiple universe bullshit, since all of these characters are dead in the original universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there a main universe/timeline Yrel at all? That's my first question.

Also I am under the impression that the Shadowlands do not transcend timelines, but I could be wrong. At this time I think the Shadowlands we are going to is just for our universe/timeline and all mortal life across any planet in the Great Dark Beyond of the our main universe.

That being said, I would imagine seeing the Grom that killed Mannoroth as it was we don't know for certain that AU Grommash died by the hands of the Lightbound. Incoming Grand Crusader Grommash in a future expansion.

And potentially 2 Gul'dans.

...2 Gul'dans. Oh lord.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-05-17 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Also I am under the impression that the Shadowlands do not transcend timelines, but I could be wrong. At this time I think the Shadowlands we are going to is just for our universe/timeline and all mortal life across any planet in the Great Dark Beyond of the our main universe.

That being said, I would imagine seeing the Grom that killed Mannoroth as it was we don't know for certain that AU Grommash died by the hands of the Lightbound. Incoming Grand Crusader Grommash in a future expansion.

And potentially 2 Gul'dans.

...2 Gul'dans. Oh lord.
    I dont believe AU souls go anywhere since AU universes collapse after a while, so it would mean sending an entire universe worth of souls to the shadowlands, and we can assume Alternate realities are popping up and crumbling every now and then
    An'u belore delen'na

I think they said different universes have their own ''pockets'' in the ShL that we won't reach/be able to see
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands probably doesn't transcend all timelines, and if it does that just means it's infinitely vast and there'd be alternate afterlives for alternate timelines that we're not going to crossover into. Blizzard treats the alternate timelines as a plot device and if they're not using it to facilitate a particular storyline, don't expect it to be referenced.

That said, Grom seems like a candidate for Maldraxxus. But maybe there's another life better suited that we haven't seen.

Blizzard seemd to be pretty cautious about revisiting too many dead characters, so we're likely only going to have a handful in each zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, he should have been the character we meet in Maldraxxus instead of Drakka. I have nothing against that character, but we don't know much about her martial prowess. Grom Hellscream, on the other hand, is a famed warrior. Though he could also be in Revendreath.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I think the closest we ever got to confirmation of a MU Yrel was Blizzard laughing at the Path of Glory joke.
    (Was a bait and switch by a player saying, excitedly that they’d found her in Outland, only to reveal a picture of one skull/set of bones within the road texture.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    To be honest, he should have been the character we meet in Maldraxxus instead of Drakka. I have nothing against that character, but we don't know much about her martial prowess. Grom Hellscream, on the other hand, is a famed warrior. Though he could also be in Revendreath.

I think that will end up being the whole point why Blizzard chose Draka instead of Grom. We know a lot about Grom already, even since WC3. Now they have a chance to flesh out Draka and use her story plot re-integrate Thrall back into the main story fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think using him again so closely to WoD was probably something Blizzard were intrinsically against.
    I know, I know, Draka was in WoD too but she didn’t get on the box art or receive all the flack for proclaiming Draenor free.

WoD kinda used up and wasted the Grom love for awhile, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that will end up being the whole point why Blizzard chose Draka instead of Grom. We know a lot about Grom already, even since WC3. Now they have a chance to flesh out Draka and use her story plot re-integrate Thrall back into the main story fully.
    This is actually a good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think using him again so closely to WoD was probably something Blizzard were intrinsically against.
    I know, I know, Draka was in WoD too but she didn’t get on the box art or receive all the flack for proclaiming Draenor free.

Yeah, but that was AU Draka. The two have much in common, granted, but they had much different lives.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

MU Yrel is probably part of the path of glory, AU Yrel will hopefully stay wherever she is.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

He barely showed up in the game so I don't know how anyone could be tired of him. They wasted an opportunity with him, but I seriously doubt the overall fanbase doesn't want to see him in Shadowlands because of that. If anything I think people want to see him even more because we really got shafted in WoD.

It would make a lot of sense for him to be in Revendreth though. Sure he redeemed himself towards the end of his life but that doesn't excuse the horrors he committed on the Azerothians, his own people and especially the Draenei. Add to that the fact that Sire Denathrius is a total tool, lying about the Anima drought and fucking penitent souls over by sending them to the Maw just for disagreeing with their Sinstones, I could even see Grommash being in the Maw. You think he wouldn't stand his ground against those pale skinned vampire-ninnies?

I'd say Grom is likely in Revendreth or the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    - Yrel is not dead.
    - We'll likely meet Grommash in Maldraxxus as it fits his personality.
    - There won't be AU characters because that's stupid. You won't see 2 Gul'dan staring at each others.
    MU Yrel is dead.

MU Yrel is dead.
    Wrong. MU Yrel is a fancanon character who does not exist.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    MU Yrel is dead.
    MU Yrel doesn't exist.

And even if she does, she'd be just a random draenei citizen, probably dead, with her bones stuck somewhere in the path of glory.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-17 at 02:46 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

AU Gul'dan dies in our universe rather than his, so it's possible he went to our Shadowlands as a result, so there could actually be two of him in there. it's also possible though that he became so infused with fel that he goes to the twisting nether instead