The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    The entire situation just feels off.
    Because it's off.

Sony wants to sell the game. Of course, they will fiddle with the rating at their own store. Pre-ordered, left a 1-star rating, and canceled pre-order? Oops, since you no longer own the game - your rating is removed. Technically it's fair, realistically it's shady techniques.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    A lot of people who are pissed at the changes in the leaks had the game pre-ordered, and likely still do
    Wrong. Sony cancelled all preorders when it was delayed due to covid19 as a game has to have a release date to be preorderable on the PS Store(which is why there is only like 5 games you can preorder on it right now). Any preorders right now where all made when the new release date was announced which was a day after the leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Because it's off.

Sony wants to sell the game. Of course, they will fiddle with the rating at their own store. Pre-ordered, left a 1-star rating, and canceled pre-order? Oops, since you no longer own the game - your rating is removed. Technically it's fair, realistically it's shady techniques.
    You can't cancel NA preorders on the PS Store.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Right? Hating TLoU2 because of it's agenda is kinda pointless.

He should do it like everyone else and dislike it for the bullshit they did with the plot and the two main characters.
    I have not seen the plot yett,and ofc people can chritique the game for whatever they want,I just wish people could be honest about the fact that when they dislike games for using gay people for DEM AGENDUZ (but are ok with streigth people) that it 100% makes them bigoted

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wrong. Sony cancelled all preorders when it was delayed due to covid19 as a game has to have a release date to be preorderable on the PS Store(which is why there is only like 5 games you can preorder on it right now). Any preorders right now where all made when the new release date was announced which was a day after the leaks.
    Didn't know that it was cancelled, but still. Couldn't you still see a lot of people (especially europeans who can cancel pre-orders), to pre-order just to leave a 1-star rating? Of course it would be a falicious rating, but isn't all the 5-star ratings falicious too? No one has played the final game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my post again, read your post again and question reality.

Every single game that can be preordered on the PS Store has 5*s. Edge literally explained the reason for this above. If you want to go preorder it just so you can leave a 1 star by all means my dude but please slow your conspiracy theory bullshit acting like this is in anyway a problem with TLOU2.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy got a guy doubling down on it. You have been able to rate preorders on the PS Store since the PS3 days but leave it to people like Zograth or Rennadrel to think it's some wild ass conspiracy theory to make TLOU2 look good. If you want to talk about how it's an issue you literally had 8+ years to bring it up but somehow now it's magically a problem because you have to reach for reasons to shit talk a game that is gonna be successful and you're salty about?

Does everybody want to know the best part of this? If Sony disabled reviews for preorders of TLOU2 both of these above posters would be claiming they did it to avoid low reviews lmfao. These people literally want to have their cake and eat it to and never form debates in good faith.
    "it's been like this for a long time!" isn't a terribly convincing argument for it being a good thing that people are able to rate games in store fronts before they've played them even once. But you do you, I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't cancel NA preorders on the PS Store.
    You can. https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    "it's been like this for a long time!" isn't a terribly convincing argument for it being a good thing that people are able to rate games in store fronts before they've played them even once. But you do you, I guess.
    You should read the post and try again because I never said it was a good or bad thing(and tbh I could care less if it existed or didn't). The fact of the matter is it was never an issue with these people until they keep trying ways to spout conspiracy bullshit in regards to this game.

Pre orders being ratable on the PS Store has literally nothing to do with TLOU2 and if they have an issue with it they can feel free to start their own thread about how its bullshit Avengers or Cyberpunk have 5* reviews on the PS Store. I don't see that happening though because we all know what the issue is here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I guess that's more recent then, because Sony's refund policy in NA was pretty bad unlike in EU where laws kept it in check.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I have not seen the plot yet
    It makes a big difference.

The new characters of TLoU2 could be giant humanoid bats and people would be complaining the same. It was too pushy. Not exaggerating: If you look at the leaks, the game passes the impression that the devs have a clear statement: this specific group is bad and deserves our spit, this one is good and strong and should represent the franchise instead.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You have to prepurchase to leave a rating.

Unsurprisingly, the folks who are likely going to give it 0-1/5 ratings either never preordered the game or were going to play it.

There's no shady action at-play. This is pretty normal shit.
    You are making baseless assumptions that can't be corroborated with evidence. Sure, the leaks have riled up a lot of people, and a lot of them are more likely to want to leave negative reviews, but you are just assuming that people will do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You are making baseless assumptions that can't be corroborated with evidence. Sure, the leaks have riled up a lot of people, and a lot of them are more likely to want to leave negative reviews, but you are just assuming that people will do that.
    ...I mean have you seen the internet? Rage is very popular and it sells. Steam Reviews sometimes get random review bombs for something totally unrelated to the actual quality of the game(Yes I know LoU2 is not on steam but my point stands).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Given that folks were "outraged" that Naught Dog turned off comments and the like/dislike button for their trailer after the leaks because they wanted to blow it up with bad comments and dislikes...yeah, I'm not worried making that "assumption".

Call me when the game releases and someone here finishes it.

Im not going to play it (unless it releases on PC with Steam) BUT i want to hear about how the game concludes the story about "revenge is a never ending cycle".
    I love this topic philosophically speaking, and i hear the game is about that Jazz.

If the conclusion will be "Revenge was sweet and they lived happily ever after".........crap game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It makes a big difference.

The new characters of TLoU2 could be giant humanoid bats and people would be complaining the same. It was too pushy. Not exaggerating: If you look at the leaks, the game passes the impression that the devs have a clear statement: this specific group is bad and deserves our spit, this one is good and strong and should represent the franchise instead.
    Isn’t the whole point that humans are dicks and violence begets violence not that a new group is super awesome and good and should totally be the new mascots?

I mean I guess You could twist a violence begets violence story into that if you really wanted to.

yeah, i'm trying to figure out how a game that's been going out of its way to show nuance and that antagonists have their own valid reasons to do things and no one is shiny and perfect, everyone is flawed in their own way - could be pushing such a binary, black and white message?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Isn’t the whole point that humans are dicks and violence begets violence not that a new group is super awesome and good and should totally be the new mascots?
    The point? Probably. The execution of that in the story is atrocious tho, especially when they transform the beloved protagonists into antagonists just to favor a new protagonist.

Not talking about good, bad, evil, etc. But the plot execution of TLoU2 is beyond saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's not just "discussing" if you outline exactly what happened in a leaked video that blatantly violates copyright.
    Sony does not own the rights to this information. Copyright law does not protect 'facts'.

The execution of that in the story
    You literally have no idea how the story is executed. Nice try tho. Imagine thinking you know how TLOU1 story was executed because you got spoiled that Joel go's on a rampage and kills doctors to take Ellie back. Context is important no matter how much you're trying to claim you know you really know jack shit because you don't have the context.

The point? Probably. The execution of that in the story is atrocious tho, especially when they transform the beloved protagonists into antagonists just to favor a new protagonist.

Not talking about good, bad, evil, etc. But the plot execution of TLoU2 is beyond saving.
    we know like maybe 20% of the story and even then - we know snippets of those 20%. and even with what we DO know, execution is NOTHING like what you claim.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You literally have no idea how the story is executed. Nice try tho. Imagine thinking you know how TLOU1 story was executed because you got spoiled that Joel go's on a rampage and kills doctors to take Ellie back. Context is important no matter how much you're trying to claim you know you really know jack shit because you don't have the context.
    We do know how the story is executed. Did you miss the leaks? We have the plot and the context, and it's generating massive controversy because of it's quality (or lack of).
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    execution is NOTHING like what you claim.
    But it is the way I and many others are claiming - disrespectful to the two main characters of the first game, favoring a new one instead.

But in the end, I do hope you guys are right and the atrocious plot shown by the leaks is just a ruse, and the final game has something entirely different. Thousands of complainers would have to apologize for believing fake leaks.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2020-05-17 at 03:09 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yeah, i'm trying to figure out how a game that's been going out of its way to show nuance and that antagonists have their own valid reasons to do things and no one is shiny and perfect, everyone is flawed in their own way - could be pushing such a binary, black and white message?
    That's pretty much what most story telling has devolved into these days. A lot of writers have stopped caring about nuance and story depth and gone full on blatant messaging and linear stories that are easily predictable.