Thread: Doom Eternal

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not saying that sneaking Denuvo like that is welcome at all, but it's still fairly weird to me that every app or program that people don't like gets accused of being spyware and malware. It was Origin back in the days, Epic Game Store more recently and Denuvo... pretty much since it's been a thing and has slowed down piracy by a fair amount.

I haven't seen any impact on performance so far- if anything it has increased and the game has stopped crashing altogether. Still sucks that a decent upgrade gets dragged down in the mud because Id/Bethesda (more likely the latter) decided to implement a bad anti-cheat after the game released.
    I dunno,I dropped from 210+ FPS to struggling to even get to 60 FPS
    Game refuses to launch without me granting kernel level access to Denuvo now too (I know better than to allow that to happen)
    loading times went from sub 5 seconds to 45+ seconds

Not saying that sneaking Denuvo like that is welcome at all, but it's still fairly weird to me that every app or program that people don't like gets accused of being spyware and malware. It was Origin back in the days, Epic Game Store more recently and Denuvo... pretty much since it's been a thing and has slowed down piracy by a fair amount.

I haven't seen any impact on performance so far- if anything it has increased and the game has stopped crashing altogether. Still sucks that a decent upgrade gets dragged down in the mud because Id/Bethesda (more likely the latter) decided to implement a bad anti-cheat after the game released.
    Its because Denuvos ownership can be traced back to an african shell company owned by a significant shareholder in Tencent. People see a shell of a shell inserting kernel level influence in a post launch update as something they don't want one of CCP's darlings to have in their machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I dunno,I dropped from 210+ FPS to struggling to even get to 60 FPS
    Game refuses to launch without me granting kernel level access to Denuvo now too (I know better than to allow that to happen)
    loading times went from sub 5 seconds to 45+ seconds
    Never heard of even Denuvo impacting performances that much. I'm maxed out save for textures and the lowest FPS I ever get is 100 in parts of the Doom Hunter Base, and loading times are still less than 5 seconds.

Steam reviews are getting right bombarded now, too. The more I think about it, the more I believe Bethesda decided this, it's so in line with their usual, flagrant incompetence. And for what, a Battlemode that is fun but played by like 2-3% of players (going by Steam achievements) and a buffed demon mechanic that I haven't encountered yet after 4 levels of campaign?

Never heard of even Denuvo impacting performances that much. I'm maxed out save for textures and the lowest FPS I ever get is 100 in parts of the Doom Hunter Base, and loading times are still less than 5 seconds.

Steam reviews are getting right bombarded now, too. The more I think about it, the more I believe Bethesda decided this, it's so in line with their usual, flagrant incompetence. And for what, a Battlemode that is fun but played by like 2-3% of players (going by Steam achievements) and a buffed demon mechanic that I haven't encountered yet after 4 levels of campaign?
    there are also rumours of master levels being locked behind twitch prime. I don't know if that's true (and I really hope it's not),but if it is,I feel like the review drops right now are nothing compared to what we can expect if it turns out to be true

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    there are also rumours of master levels being locked behind twitch prime. I don't know if that's true (and I really hope it's not),but if it is,I feel like the review drops right now are nothing compared to what we can expect if it turns out to be true
    So do I. I love Master Levels and can't stand Twitch. Locking a funny skin behind it is fine, but not gameplay content.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So hear about doom eternal installing malware on your computer?

Is it possible to get the game, play only single player and NOT have the denuvo thing ever be installed on your computer?
    *snip*

As always legit customers are being fucked over by DRM while pirates are laughing by not being effected.

Do not advocate piracy. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-18 at 04:10 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question, in what way am I affected by Denuvo?

And not in the 'its deep in the kernel and we dont know what's going in in there' type of way because I dont really care about that, I am a simple consumer and only care for performance hits which I am not noticing since having it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post

And not in the 'its deep in the kernel and we dont know what's going in in there' type of way because I dont really care about that, I am a simple consumer and only care for performance hits which I am not noticing since having it installed?
    Some claim you lose everything in performance... I haven't noticed anythying at all...so *shrug*
    Error 404 - Signature not found

You're not. People just get mad to get mad.

Apparently Valorant, which uses a similar kernel level anti-cheat, disabled peoples keyboard and mouse drives which I hope you understand is... bad.

Its a case of 'everything is fine, until it isn't' and with something as deep as kernel access the 'isn't' can be rather disastrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen a serious drop in FPS since the latest update. I was able to get about 70 - 90fps at 4k max settings. Now I am getting about 50 fps at best. So whatever "optimization" they did needs to be reversed. Some say it might be this Denuvo nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/idsoftware/statu...587516934?s=21

id Working on removing Denuvo and adressing performance issues.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/idsoftware/statu...587516934?s=21

id Working on removing Denuvo and adressing performance issues.
    Good, once they do, I will actually buy the game. I was going to, but then I saw this issue pop up and decided to hold off. Is cheating really that big of a deal in a game where you play with your friends? It's not really competitive anyway.

but it's still fairly weird to me that every app or program that people don't like gets accused of being spyware and malware
    Most of the alternatives don't run in ring zero. When you run code in ring zero you trust someone else to own your computer and not misuse it. You also trust them to write code secure enough that no one else can use it to enable something unintended. This didn't go so well for street fighter V.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    With Denuvo removed, I finally decided to get the game. My initial thoughts are that while the combat is fun and challenging, they really throw enemies at you early when you don't have the mobility and are limited on ammo, making ammo managing a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    With Denuvo removed, I finally decided to get the game. My initial thoughts are that while the combat is fun and challenging, they really throw enemies at you early when you don't have the mobility and are limited on ammo, making ammo managing a thing.
    The chainsaw is your best friend in the game. The biggest part in learning to survive, and this is absolutely mandatory on higher difficulties, is to learn how to use cooldowns appropriately.

Also, more importantly, almost every weapon has to be used, some weapons are better at ammo conservation/damage than others, which should be used as filler for weaker enemies.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-06-20 at 09:55 PM.

Yes the entire game is ammo management. More weapons makes it easier, aswell as the ammo capacity upgrades and early on its pretty bad.

Hellhamster basically covered my reply. Eternal is designed to push you into looking at your options and thinking about what you're doing. For example, Arachnotrons are a bitch early game. Instead of pumping them full of shotgun pellets (best saved for fodder until you get the super shotty), you're much better off sniping out their turret, then circle strafing them with the plasma gun and/or blood punching them, and later in the game exploding them with lock-on rockets. Cacodemons can take a massive beating... unless you just lob a grenade in their gaping mouths, which nets you a free kill. Mancubi and Hell Knights can be really annoying indeed early game, there's nothing to it besides freezing them and capitalizing, they fall like flies once you get the rocket launcher/chaingun.

And yeah, chainsaw like a mofo. The first pip regenerates, and quite fast, so don't be shy on using it. Also, the first Preator Suit upgrade you should get is the faster dash recharge. It makes a world of difference for your mobility, and thus survivability. Also never forget your equipment; grenades were an accessory in 2016, but in Eternal good usage of freezing 'nades and the flamer can save your hide.

The wait is finally over.

$29.99 on Steam!

Is the rootkit gone already from single player? I recall them saying it would be gone by the next patch. Has that patch come already?

How do you define that you are only playing single player?
    edit: Or will it instal only, if you try to start multiplayer or something?
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-06-25 at 05:48 PM.