Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It doesn't really seem like the stacking debuffs are all that bad. Unless you really take your time most are barely noticeable though they do have the effect of making you focus the more dangerous mobs first.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You miss my point entirely. You can't say it affects everybody then admit you aren't even sure it will affect anyone. You can't have it both ways.
    No, i got your point just fine. Your problem is that it doesn't apply to what i said, because i was talking about two different issues affecting different groups. There is no contradiction, nor can there even be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It doesn't really seem like the stacking debuffs are all that bad. Unless you really take your time most are barely noticeable though they do have the effect of making you focus the more dangerous mobs first.
    Actually, it seems the opposite is true, according to reports from the Alpha. They're quite bad, and especially the mob spawns are very noticeable, to the point of making runs that wouldn't have been an issue before impossible, even without any CD waiting.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-05-17 at 05:55 PM.

Then there is no point in your complaining. Youa re literally whining about something that does not affect you in any way.
    A timer affects me. Lack of a timer, however, does not effect anything. This post makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    A timer affects me. Lack of a timer, however, does not effect anything. This post makes no sense.
    I'm getting the feeling rrayy can't distinguish between the timers and the Cooldowns.

Blizzard, unimaginative as ever, can't think of any ways by which to make content harder and more skill-demanding except by adding hard/soft (enrage) timers.

They're the lazy man's difficulty/skill requirement increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Blizzard, unimaginative as ever, can't think of any ways by which to make content harder and more skill-demanding except by adding hard/soft (enrage) timers.

They're the lazy man's difficulty/skill requirement increase.
    Except that isn't their purpose. It's more of a side effect.

I mean, the solution is simple: make an aura in Torghast that prevents cooldowns from even being used.

No bloodlust.

No combustion.

No bullshit.

No problems.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

But how dpoes it affect you. ALl I am heearing is that everyone who is complaining is admitting it won't affect them. There hasn't been one legit reason why it affects you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm getting the feeling rrayy can't distinguish between the timers and the Cooldowns.
    I get the feeling you didn't read a single word I said or the point I am makinhg. You claim this doesn't affect you at all. So, why are you complaining that it is in the game then? If it doesn't affect you, then you have no reason to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Thorgast will be hard to balance. If it’s too easy rewards will be crappy, if getting a top object requires tard stuff like 5 masked visions today people will give up in a blink’s eye.

Really curious to see how will they handle this.
    Tard stuff like a 5 mask? Lol what? I finished a 5 mask the other day using one orb and speaking to someone on the phone the entire time. 5 mask runs are not even difficult let alone requiring "tard stuff" like waiting 10 minutes for lust every pull..

But how dpoes it affect you. ALl I am heearing is that everyone who is complaining is admitting it won't affect them. There hasn't been one legit reason why it affects you.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the feeling you didn't read a single word I said or the point I am makinhg. You claim this doesn't affect you at all. So, why are you complaining that it is in the game then? If it doesn't affect you, then you have no reason to complain.
    I don't want to assume you are being disingenuous, but people are saying a timer would affect them not having a time wouldn't. You seem to be arguing thother are saying a timer won't affect anyone.

Yeah, you seem to be stuck in your bubble. Come back when you've actually understood what i said the first time, and why your response makes no sense.

To me, personally, I stress out on timers and can not enjoy the content. This is especially the case on solo content for me. I like to take my time in games. I do not like horrific visions for this exact reason.

Now, here, I am assuming like this is really a lax timer. If it's anything serious like Horrific Visions, it will have serious impact on gameplay, it may even force people to change spec. Not completely sure, but I think I read people saying that this torment is going to be a real timer, and not "just a theoretical soft cap" as advertised by Blizzard and some people here.

So yes, it will affect people. I can not see how it would not affect the gameplay. In fact, the precise reason why this timer is introduced is so that this affects gameplay. Blizzard does not want people to wait on pulls for CDs.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-05-17 at 09:19 PM.

So, my current issue with the timers is not the technical aspect of it. It is probably true that thr torment will not have a massive impact on my ability to clear a floor.

The issue is 100% psychological for me. Just having that added pressure on top of the fear of dying is simply an annoyance that will make me rush, perhaps not much, but more then I would without the timer.

I like to be methodical about things and I feel this "timer" work against it.

Yes, technically it might be a very minor thing. But the difference of it being there, compared to not at all, is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, personally, I stress out on timers and can not enjoy the content. This is especially the case on solo content for me. I like to take my time in games. I do not like horrific visions for this exact reason.

Now, here, I am assuming like this is really a lax timer. If it's anything serious like Horrific Visions, it will have serious impact on gameplay, it may even force people to change spec. Not completely sure, but I think I read people saying that this torment is going to be a real timer, and not "just a theoretical soft cap" as advertised by Blizzard and some people here.

So yes, it will affect people. I can not see how it would not affect the gameplay. In fact, the precise reason why this timer is introduced is so that this affects gameplay. Blizzard does not want people to wait on pulls for CDs.
    You said what I was trying to say here quite well.

I think the argument that it will not affect gameplay is strange, if not then it is not working as intended and can be scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youre clearly overreacting since these timers were obviously just added to stop you from taking a break for 10min after every pull to wait for all cds.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    So, my current issue with the timers is not the technical aspect of it. It is probably true that thr torment will not have a massive impact on my ability to clear a floor.

The issue is 100% psychological for me. Just having that added pressure on top of the fear of dying is simply an annoyance that will make me rush, perhaps not much, but more then I would without the timer.

I like to be methodical about things and I feel this "timer" work against it.

Yes, technically it might be a very minor thing. But the difference of it being there, compared to not at all, is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

You said what I was trying to say here quite well.

I think the argument that it will not affect gameplay is strange, if not then it is not working as intended and can be scrapped.
    I think the timer is more for people who want it to be a challenge. To my understanding the effects wont be felt till higher floors I doubt this will gatekeep you from power. Though you may have to deal with them if you want transmog

Classic Blizzard.

"AdD a TiMeR tO iT"

Alright you bunch of stupid animals listen up. Its suposed to be a high floor thing. You shitters wont have to worry about it on lower floors cause everything will probably be dying in 5 seconds anyway cds or not. Now in higher floors, when stuff gets hard(and we all know you shitters dont like hard), when shit start getting a lot of hp, YOURE NOT SUPOSED TO BE SITTING AND WAITING FOR LUST EVERY SINGLE PULL TO CHEESE THE HARDNESS OF THAT FLOOR BECAUSE THATS IS WHATS GONNA HAPPEN. GOT IT NOW STUPID ANIMALS? Its suposed to not make a thorgast grouped run for higher floors take a whole day because ppl will want to sit and wait if that means a 100% chance of winning, does that sound fun?
    And if youre running solo just play the way you want wont affect anybody just you, but im sure you wont be wanting to spend 30 mins on a single floor waiting for cds even if you could would you?
    Last edited by Kendros; 2020-05-18 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperganator View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed with this latest patch and what it's done to the tower. that was my number one most exciting feature for the coming expansion, I was planning on spending the majority of my time there, because to me, an endless experience where you can just go crazy with powers and push as high as you can sounded extremely fun. But now with chunking up the run and the soft timers, they single-handedly just killed the feature that I was most excited for. Anyone else feel this way? What are your guys's thoughts on the changes, or the tower in general?
    The limit was intended tobe there bc logic... You have to understand that they wanted Torghast to be tested and that's what it's happening, it can't be just endless with no real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    The limit was intended tobe there bc logic... You have to understand that they wanted Torghast to be tested and that's what it's happening, it can't be just endless with no real challenge.
    i mean we have so much of stuff that lost its appeal real fast - so why can't it be endless without much of a challenge? At least mowing down hundereds of mobs with a completly OP char can be fun on its own - that would be something they never tried to do.

Now i agree that there should be some challenge to thorgast, but that does in no way mean there has to be timer.
    Also i really don't get people claiming waiting 10minutes each pull will become meta - give me one example where the meta does not resolve around something to be as fast as possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Alright you bunch of stupid animals listen up. Its suposed to be a high floor thing. You shitters wont have to worry about it on lower floors cause everything will probably be dying in 5 seconds anyway cds or not. Now in higher floors, when stuff gets hard(and we all know you shitters dont like hard), when shit start getting a lot of hp, YOURE NOT SUPOSED TO BE SITTING AND WAITING FOR LUST EVERY SINGLE PULL TO CHEESE THE HARDNESS OF THAT FLOOR BECAUSE THATS IS WHATS GONNA HAPPEN. GOT IT NOW STUPID ANIMALS? Its suposed to not make a thorgast grouped run for higher floors take a whole day because ppl will want to sit and wait if that means a 100% chance of winning, does that sound fun?
    And if youre running solo just play the way you want wont affect anybody just you, but im sure you wont be wanting to spend 30 mins on a single floor waiting for cds even if you could would you?
    Word.

10c.