Page 1 of 3
LastLast

An Alternative to LFR

An idea I got while writing this post is that if the reason behind the introduction of LFR is to let casuals inside raids they otherwise would never be able to see, creating a tourist mode, they could simply convert all previous expansion raids into 10 man dungeons. By doing so not only would that keep the content alive forever, creating a new game mode, the current expansion raids don't become pointless once you've seen them in LFR and keep that sense of wonder, challenge, reward and unknown unless you try them yourself thereby giving meaning to them.

10 man raids-turned-dungeons can be done at level 30 (in SL), more challenging than leveling dungeons, but for much better rewards. What do you all think?

Edit:

I wasn't saying let's remove LFR. What I really would like to see is a scaled LFR of all raids in all expansions, including vanilla raids all accessible in tourist mode either as leveling raids or at max level. There are so many fun encounters from previous expansions that it's a shame new players won't get a chance to explore in full mechanics. If we can play all dungeons, every single one of them, old and new at all times and in full mechanics, why not have the same for all raids?
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-05-19 at 01:31 PM.

Honestly? Leave LFR alone. There is nothing wrong with it. Changing LFR to something like what you are suggesting this late into the game will do far more harm than good. LFR exists for people who don't have the time to dedicate to a weekly raid group. Or for people on servers like RP servers where there really isn't much in the way of guilds offering raid teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Honestly? Leave LFR alone. There is nothing wrong with it. Changing LFR to something like what you are suggesting this late into the game will do far more harm than good. LFR exists for people who don't have the time to dedicate to a weekly raid group. Or for people on servers like RP servers where there really isn't much in the way of guilds offering raid teams.
    There is huge amount of stuff wrong with it. Just becouse you dont see it doesnt mean its not there.

10M wheel-chair accessible raiding was terrible when it was a thing. Similarly, this idea is terrible.

Quit trying to fix problems that don't exist.

Its best to just leave it now. Raiders will go one way, lfr players another. Everyone is happier when they avoid one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    There is huge amount of stuff wrong with it. Just becouse you dont see it doesnt mean its not there.
    There really isn't. I know your stance. You think LFR ruins the games because it somehow destroys higher level content which makes absolutely no sense. People won't start raiding more if LFR was removed. The more likely scenario is that they'll just leave the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hard on that people have against LFR is simply incredible.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Show me on the doll where the evil LFR touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That maybe your reality. In my reality, people ACTUALLY leave LFR alone. I Q The Eternal Palace as DPS for 2 hours in a SAT afternoon (while I was playing other games).

P.S. After 2 hours still no raid!

It's a neat idea, SO LONG AS they still exist in their original raid form as well, so I can solo them for glory, mounts, and the lulz
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    That maybe your reality. In my reality, people ACTUALLY leave LFR alone. I Q The Eternal Palace as DPS for 2 hours in a SAT afternoon (while I was playing other games).

P.S. After 2 hours still no raid!
    I have never waited longer than 45 minutes for LFR as a DPS. I'm sorry you got into a shitty group. But that doesn't mean that LFR is bad for the game.

Oh yeah i get it your trying to control me with your guild bullshit no thanks ill keep LFR running instead thank you!
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2020-05-18 at 04:06 AM.

I'd love to be able to level up via raiding. People can already do Epic Battlegrounds to level.
    Having the raids scale to your level, starting at level 30 and having them remain available up to 50 I think is a good spot for it.
    Reducing the amount of people needed to 10 like you suggest would make it easier to get groups.
    I think it's a good and fun idea.

We really need to stop having threads about LFR. It will stay as it is and should stay.

People play for fresh stuff and it won't create sense of wonder.

Also making them 10 mans will only make queues worse by far (because you wait for tanks and amount of tanks is the same in 30man and 10man)

My biggest complaints about LFR have always been Tier sets being so strong meaning LFR was a form of badluck protection for normal and even heroic raiders needing to get those set bonuses, and the ilvl of the gear Vs the difficulty, made far worse with WF/TF.

No more tier sets and the introduction of M+ and emissaries essentially eliminated both issues, so although i very seldom set foot in LFR, i see zero issues with it. For those who want to do it, do it. I choose not to, and am yet to see any negative way it impacts me AT ALL.

NEXT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    An idea I got while writing this post is that if the reason behind the introduction of LFR is to let casuals inside raids they otherwise would never be able to see, creating a tourist mode, they could simply convert all previous expansion raids into 10 man dungeons. By doing so not only would that keep the content alive forever, creating a new game mode, the current expansion raids don't become pointless once you've seen them in LFR and keep that sense of wonder, challenge, reward and unknown unless you try them yourself thereby giving meaning to them.

10 man raids-turned-dungeons can be done at level 30 (in SL), more challenging than leveling dungeons, but for much better rewards. What do you all think?
    Are you willing to to forfeit the resources that are earmarked for raid design for an entire expansion in order see your idea become reality?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If LFR didn't exist, I would probably just level through the zones on one toon, play a few dungeons, and just quit. I used to do real raiding back in BC, but now I cba. So if they went this route I'd unsub w/i a month of launch, and I have a feeling I wouldn't be alone. Pretty ass idea imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about you figure out an alternative to these endless and pointless lfr-threads instead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I actually think this is a neat idea. But just the idea of having leveling raids from past expansions. I don't think it needs to be an alternative to LFR.

Imo LFR is fine as is.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What do you all think?
    Y'all spend too much of your lives obsessing over LFR is what I think.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.