Rams lose the LA uniform battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... gradient numbering? Really?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Rams lose the LA uniform battle.
    Both are kinda meg IMHO. Better than Atlanta's.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Both are kinda meg IMHO. Better than Atlanta's.
    I like the Chargers but Atlanta’s are pure trash

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Payton very much has a point here when he says there's double standards in the NFL. Nothing will come of this, despite the fact this is about 1000% more direct claim than anything levied against the Saints with "Bountygate".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...risons-claims/

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sean Payton very much has a point here when he says there's double standards in the NFL. Nothing will come of this, despite the fact this is about 1000% more direct claim than anything levied against the Saints with "Bountygate".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...risons-claims/
    The article says Tomlin gave him an envelope after he was fined by the league, for an illegal hit.

Lots of teams pay their players back for their fines if they don't agree with the fines.

There's not even a hint of an actual bounty being put out by Tomlin, let alone an organized problem with it.

Once again, Sean Payton is the type of asshole who thinks he and his team are constantly persecuted instead of randomly being subjected to the same rules. We suffered for a year with PI reviews because of his insistence on a rule change after a non-call PI, as if it was the first time PI had ever been incorrectly called. And now he wants to weigh in another coach supposedly "rewarding" illegal hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...-inequalities/

Interesting article about inequalities in the NFL schedule. Not based on opponents, but on rest and preparation time. Pretty interesting how much of an edge a team like the Cowboys gets with favourable scheduling compared to the Giants and Eagles in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Lots of teams pay their players back for their fines if they don't agree with the fines.
    I have a suspicion that that's not actually legal either. Cause if they did, what's going to stop them from picking up EVERY fine their players get for rough play and telling their players to just go out and hit people?

Sounds suspiciously like a bounty then, doesn't it?

Then there's also the fact that picking up the fine is in essence paying your player that money extra, which is against cap rules.

I tried a brief google to find an answer for it, but nothing solid came up, but I'd be VERY surprised if picking up a player's fine is not against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I have a suspicion that that's not actually legal either. Cause if they did, what's going to stop them from picking up EVERY fine their players get for rough play and telling their players to just go out and hit people?

Sounds suspiciously like a bounty then, doesn't it?

Then there's also the fact that picking up the fine is in essence paying your player that money extra, which is against cap rules.

I tried a brief google to find an answer for it, but nothing solid came up, but I'd be VERY surprised if picking up a player's fine is not against the rules.
    Stephen Ross (the Dolphins owner) offered, very publicly, to personally pay the fines of any player fined by the new kneeling during the anthem rules introduced last season.

I don't think it'd be illegal. And it has no cap implications, it's not "extra" income, it's payment restitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams unis are so bad Drawplay Dave had to update his uni-comic format
    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the...e-monkey-shit/
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rams unis are so bad Drawplay Dave had to update his uni-comic format
    http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the...e-monkey-shit/
    ........ Did they seriously use wrong-color thread on the corner of the obvious endorsement placeholder patch as a design choice?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Rumor has it that the Seahawks and Browns were in talks in early 2018 to send Russell Wilson to the Browns for the #1 overall pick.

At first glance, it seems a no-brainer for the Browns to make the trade. But looking deeper, Russell Wilson's contract ended in 2019. He was set to become a free agent in 2020. He didn't sign his monster extension until April 15th, 2018. So if the Browns make this trade and he was still on his old contract, there was no guarantee he would resign with the Browns. The Browns were terrible in 2018 so that season was a waste. They would be left with trying to win a super bowl in 2019 before Wilson walks. If the Browns were getting signals from Wilson's agent that he would not resign with the Browns, its actually smart to keep the pick and take the QB you like.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Rumor has it that the Seahawks and Browns were in talks in early 2018 to send Russell Wilson to the Browns for the #1 overall pick.

At first glance, it seems a no-brainer for the Browns to make the trade. But looking deeper, Russell Wilson's contract ended in 2019. He was set to become a free agent in 2020. He didn't sign his monster extension until April 15th, 2018. So if the Browns make this trade and he was still on his old contract, there was no guarantee he would resign with the Browns. The Browns were terrible in 2018 so that season was a waste. They would be left with trying to win a super bowl in 2019 before Wilson walks. If the Browns were getting signals from Wilson's agent that he would not resign with the Browns, its actually smart to keep the pick and take the QB you like.
    I'm not sure I care about it, true or not. I personally don't think so. Its too easy to drop some meaningless "bombshell" for clicks when theres no sports being played right now. Seahawks historically ask too much in trading their players. Remember Earl Thomas a few years ago? No way they let Wilson go for only a first, overall or not.

It seems Ed Oliver has been arrested for drinking a beer in his pickup, while carrying a hand gun. I don't see the problem here.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    It seems Ed Oliver has been arrested for drinking a beer in his pickup, while carrying a hand gun. I don't see the problem here.
    It looks like he passed the field sobriety to me from the video on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It looks like he passed the field sobriety to me from the video on ESPN.
    He very well could have been under the legal limit. The concern is if he gets some serious charge for handgun possession.

It's weird to me as an Idaho resident that it's actually a big deal to have a gun in your car in some states, especially Texas of all places. We have permitless concealed carry here. However, this is not the gun control thread so I'll stop now.

I do agree that the open container was bad judgement.

He very well could have been under the legal limit. The concern is if he gets some serious charge for handgun possession.

It's weird to me as an Idaho resident that it's actually a big deal to have a gun in your car in some states, especially Texas of all places. We have permitless concealed carry here. However, this is not the gun control thread so I'll stop now.

I do agree that the open container was bad judgement.
    Unless I misunderstood, the problem wasn't having the weapon itself. It was having it combined with being intoxicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Unless I misunderstood, the problem wasn't having the weapon itself. It was having it combined with being intoxicated.
    Iirc just having any open alcohol container while being in posession of a firearm might be what they get him for, regardless of his bac. I don't know the technicality of posession either.

Anyway, problem would not have happened if he didn't have alcohol. It just opens up the door for the man to find other issues.

Iirc just having any open alcohol container while being in posession of a firearm might be what they get him for, regardless of his bac. I don't know the technicality of posession either.

Anyway, problem would not have happened if he didn't have alcohol. It just opens up the door for the man to find other issues.
    Yeah, the gun was legal and registered, and he was allowed to have it in the car. The crime is having a gun in your possession while intoxicated. That's why it's just a misdemeanor.

If the blood draw comes back as being under the legal limit, the gun charge will automatically be dropped, as far as I can tell.

Also, it wasn't like he was coming back from the club. I read somewhere that he was coming back from fishing. Man, I can't tell you how many beers I've consumed while fishing, though admittedly I've never made the dumb decision to have a cold one between the legs on the drive back home. I know tons of guys who have, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    A citizen called in a report of a reckless driver, I have my doubts he was under the limit, but regardless, if he was driving dangerously and possibly intoxicated, I'm glad they picked him up and that can be the end of the story instead of something worse.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on how intoxicated he was, the posession of a handgun while drunk is a misdemeanour by itself, but if they combine that with a DUI, you're looking at a felony.

And even if he wasn't plastered, Goodell's probably going to have it on his desk for consideration at it as substance abuse just purely for the police getting involved.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.