Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Isn't Shadow and Void same thing, just as Light and Holy?

Like,Void is the power source and Shadow is it's manifestation same as Holy is the source and Light is its manifestation.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Void and Shadow are different words for the same thing.
    Void and Shadow are different words for different things that occasionally overlap thematically. As they fleshed out the Lore, shadow went from being a Fel thing, to a Necrotic thing, to a Void thing. Shadow has tendrils in each of these domains and I'd argue we've seen hints of it in other areas too (the Loa appear to be Shadow Wild Gods, Time seems to be a Shadow of the Arcane Order or things).

I believe Blizzard will adapt this to suit their future story. You can get pretty far with 6 different takes on 6 different natural orders etc. That's the good thing about the Cosmology stuff, you can get all the different combinations to interact and see what they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    shaman have been the easiest to level as resto for several expansions. There was a long thread in legion about resto leveling vs other specs. Druids are pretty close to that threshold, too.

It really doesn't tell you anything.
    Shadowmain here the spec doesnt work whitout chorus simple as that. Sl shadow is a spec that simply doesnt work. Its like having Buikder but no spender (you ramp up to nothing in voidform) no amount of tuning will fix it either.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    No, the name is okay.

Your knowledge needs to be updated. Shadow magic is not death magic.
    Probably, but it's a bit misleading, I like what this guy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    I think blizzard themselves don't know what the differences are between Shadow and Void. I would like them to be separate entities ofc as shadow in fiction is often associated with hauntings, death, ghosts and the undeath. In warcraft that would in-turn associate shadow with the shadowlands, it would make more sense for shadow priests to be associated with shadowlands as that is where the perished souls go to in WoW lore. it can complete the shadow priests role as the healer of the living, the guide to the perished souls and the punisher of the wicked souls. The Void doesn't make much sense in that regard as it is it's own separate realm with it's own powerful entities such as the voidlords and the lesser eldritch powers known as old gods , this would in turn free up a role for a unique new class to be introduced.
    They could also make the shadow priests use both void and death magic, most damage dealers do have accesst o several spell schools anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Void and Shadow are different words for different things that occasionally overlap thematically. As they fleshed out the Lore, shadow went from being a Fel thing, to a Necrotic thing, to a Void thing. Shadow has tendrils in each of these domains and I'd argue we've seen hints of it in other areas too (the Loa appear to be Shadow Wild Gods, Time seems to be a Shadow of the Arcane Order or things).

I believe Blizzard will adapt this to suit their future story. You can get pretty far with 6 different takes on 6 different natural orders etc. That's the good thing about the Cosmology stuff, you can get all the different combinations to interact and see what they make.
    This is a good explanation.

you don't know what you're talking about and you're very loud
    Sure thing my dear BFA roller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    On the next episode of: things that literally don't matter.

There's barely a difference and "shadow priest" is a label people have known for years. Might just keep it
    RIP in peace Combat, nevar 5get.

5+ Year Old Account
    shaman have been the easiest to level as resto for several expansions. There was a long thread in legion about resto leveling vs other specs. Druids are pretty close to that threshold, too.

It only tells you that those DD specs are broken as well. It also happened with Ret in Cata, it isn't something unique to spriest. And I never implied it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Shadow went downhill after MoP, and continues to do so. Now it's awful, and Voidform and the like don't help it
    That's because Voidform can't help it. Voidform, and the mechanics/spells built around it, are literally the entire problem with Shadow Priest right now, but Blizzard can't bring themselves to swallow their pride and remove them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    That's because Voidform can't help it. Voidform, and the mechanics/spells built around it, are literally the entire problem with Shadow Priest right now, but Blizzard can't bring themselves to swallow their pride and remove them.
    I mean, void form is one of the more fun and interesting mechanics. Prior to that playing Spriest was just playing a warlock with fewer buttons and lower damage.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Isn't Shadow and Void same thing, just as Light and Holy?

Like,Void is the power source and Shadow is it's manifestation same as Holy is the source and Light is its manifestation.
    Dunno really. Chronicles Vol.I established that the cosmic force is Shadow, they have just put Void in parenthesis next to Shadow just to remind us that it somehow exists.

My main bet is that Blizzard has no clue wtf all this thing is, so they just slap words wherever they want

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    then what would you call a Void Elf Shadow Priest? a Void Elf Void Priest?
    No sense in asking that though. Void Elves as a Race doesn't make sense to begin with. Void Elves are Blood Elves Shadow Priests. So a Void Elf Arcane Mage is a Blood Elf Shadow Priest Arcane Mage. o/

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I mean, void form is one of the more fun and interesting mechanics. Prior to that playing Spriest was just playing a warlock with fewer buttons and lower damage.
    Fun at what cost?

The problem with Shadow Priest is that Void Form is obviously too difficult to balance (they've tried and failed for 2 expansions now). It's either OP beyond belief, or so weak that it literally renders Shadow Priest a dead spec.

I would rather have a somewhat less fun but more consistently decent (or even good) spec. I would also say that the Warlock class/spec has changed so drastically from what it used to be that there probably wouldn't be any 'clash' from Shadow Priest being reverted/changed to what Warlocks used to be.

lmao I’m so done with those forums

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, void form is one of the more fun
    Considering the disdain the priest players have for voidform and its playstyle, i beg to differ.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Great meme.

Personally I miss WoD era Shadow Priest. Clarity of Power instant-Mind Blasts, instant-Mind Spikes, 3-Shadow Orb'd Devouring Plagues... oh man, Ashran was so fun as a run-and-gun Shadow Priest.

No, change it to Brooding Edgelord Darkness.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    At least MoP/WoD spriest was fully functional, without needing first a crapton of gear and procs to be at least playable. The SL alpha spriest (i.e. the BfA spriest without the borrowed powers) is utter trash. It's quite telling when your healing spec (Disc) is better for levelling than the dps one.
    Spriest was always garbage bottom tier leveling. I leveled all the classes since mop.

- - - Updated - - -

I found ele leveling easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    *looks at game files*
    Oh, look, all of these deal SHADOW damage because void damage was never implemented
    Voidlord is categorized demon for ages even if they shitted on the over 15 years lore and decided u know what, he isn't demon, and warlocks summon it because fuck lore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power