Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the point is really that its gunna take you longer than 20 hrs to get your BiS crafted set whichever way you cut it, and if you have to farm gold instead of motes, i mean, its a one time thing right, you only need to do it once and you're done. whether you're the first or last person in your guild doesn't really matter you alone aren't going to bottleneck your guilds progression because its taken you the longest to get your BiS crafted pieces.
    I cannot find an actual point in this paragraph.

You have said nothing of value in here.
    "You have to farm something" is that your point here?
    it matters not if you have to buy primals from others because there will always be someone willing to sell their primal for the minimal amount of effort required to get that primal, even if that means some alchemist that isn't using their transmute uses their transmute.
    Sorry, but that sentence doesn't make sense to me.

"if that means some alchemist that isn't using their transmute uses their transmute."
    Sounds like one big contradiction to me.
    or just any random joe really playing the game and selling their crap they don't need for things they do need.
    Let me remind you that in an inflated economy, passive gold income by just playing the game isn't worth much.
    pick motes from the auction house
    My foresight tells me that a single mote will cost about 1/10 of a Primal.
    And AH sniping isn't something you "just do".
    it could be that you have to farm dungeons for a while if the amount of players makes questing difficult. I know I will if i can't get quest mobs ill just farm instances. but that was one of the best parts of tbc anyway you did farm a lot of instances. many times.
    Now you are just rambling.
    1. People that are just questing aren't causing issues at these farmspots (there weren't even any quests for a farmspot such as the Elemental Plateau), they kill X mobs and move.
    2. People that need 20+ Primals need to kill hundreds of Elementals, and with too many of those, an area will be overfarmed (not to mention those that farm it to sell them)
    3. TBC dungeons don't have a lot of Elementals (At least valueable ones such as Air or Fire), they have only a handful of lone mobs, the dungeon layout also makes solo farming very difficult
    4. You farmed dungeons for Rep and Badges of Justice, not materials

Like mate, the fact that you haven't given a lot of thought on the subject shows in a painful fashion and we're at a point where you just throw questing and farming endgame materials into the same pot for no reason.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-05-12 at 06:54 PM.

sorry i couldn't understand any of that through all that handwaving. which I too can also do.

this is exactly what you've just done to me, read it thoughly, honestly I think you know you're fucking doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-waving

if the issue you have is that you have to play the game and that is a big problem for you, don't... play... the game??

i got my waters from fishing. if you must know. fishing you can do where ever. your problem is that you seem to think that playing the game for any length of time is somehow a problem, but it isn't thats the game, it takes time to get the items you need it isn't instant and you can't set your watch to rng. it'll take however long it takes to get the shit you want.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-12 at 06:55 PM.

sorry i couldn't understand any of that through all that handwaving. which I too can also do.

this is exactly what you've just done to me, read it thoughly, honestly I think you know you're fucking doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-waving

if the issue you have is that you have to play the game and that is a big problem for you, don't... play... the game??
    No... what you said actually makes no sense at all. You bring up something in an argument attempting to act like it 'fixes' some problem presented toward this issue and then when you get told your solution makes no sense you just say "exactly that's my point".

I'm trying to even remotely understand what you're saying and it's like you aren't even talking about the same game

same as you mosha you're just trolling the fuck out of anyone who doesn't agree with you, you still haven't explained anything to me.

if you want these items farm them you plebs. you all just going to get to 70 and sit on your hands or what? staring longingly into the auction house. seriously is it going to be that much of a problem, really?

I have no idea what you think is going to happen, but it ain't making a whole lot of sense, you're talking from a position that makes you sound like you're incapable of either playing the game youself, or just anything really. are you able to press buttons? can you play the game for several hours a week? do you plan to have alts with professions? how much heroic farming do you intend to do? all of these questions are relevant and have an impact on how fast you get it, what ever it is you THINK you need.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-12 at 07:07 PM.

same as you mosha you're just trolling the fuck out of anyone who doesn't agree with you, you still haven't explained anything to me.

if you want these items farm them you plebs. you all just going to get to 70 and sit on your hands or what? staring longingly into the auction house. seriously is it going to be that much of a problem, really?
    Yeah why don't we just go ahead and farm all of our own herbs, our own gems, our own enchants, our own motes, and make the items ourselves with our own enchanting, blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, engineering, alchemy.... yup.... just get all those things by yourself.

ever been in a guild?, I don't have any alts at the moment, well actually I do have a druid with tailoring and enchanting but its level 36, it only DE's for me. it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to level one alt with alchemy and have your own transmute master, not that it freaking requires it to progress but hey ho.

do you really need all of those yourself, a single guild can usually cover most if not everything. multiple times with alts.

even so this argument that you even need full bis crafting gear to progress, sure, perhaps some ppl do, but everyone? straight away? its not like there isn't alternate gear or gear you will use anyway, until you get whatever bis crafted gear you are after.

I know what you think might happen and that is because ppl have a lot of gold, they'll be able for set the price on things like primals super high, but first, not everyone has insane amounts of gold, thats just a fact, not everyone even has over 1k at the moment.

now the key to buying and selling anything on the auction house, if I'm going to be buying a primal fire, first thing ill do is determine how long it would take me to farm 1 primal fire, if the cost of those primal fires is higher than how much gold I can farm in that same time, its not worth that much.

a primal fire won't reach more than its value in gold and time, if it takes an hour to grind 1 primal fire, a primal fire is only worth 1 hr of grinding gold. its pretty damn simple. so if i can grind 200g or 300g per hour, whatever the number is, ill have that as my max buyout cost. or ill just save the gold and try to farm it myself, right because thats what you do if you don't have enough gold you either try to farm the item you want, or the gold to pay for it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-12 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You mean to tell me that a server that was opened up 6 months after the AQ patch and 2 months before 1.12 didn't have the gates opened in 1.12? You don't say LOL. I'm not even sure what point you were trying to prove here, but you didn't do it.
    Trying to say it's pointless to state "Black Lotus costed 10g according to this comment" and assume it was 10g on every server. On servers that never opened the AQ gates there were no market for flasks because amount of serious raiding guilds was zero. They were a lot higher on servers with actual raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Trying to say it's pointless to state "Black Lotus costed 10g according to this comment" and assume it was 10g on every server. On servers that never opened the AQ gates there were no market for flasks because amount of serious raiding guilds was zero. They were a lot higher on servers with actual raiding guilds.
    I just said there was a comment about it. There is an AH average price listed above and the average was 10g btw. You can argue all you want about what you think the prices were but all the evidence and proof point to 10g.

I can look up any other item you want and show a common trend

When tbc launched originally, vanilla as you know it was dead. Because every server was forced to tbc. So classic people asking to be transferred over to tbc while also having their safe space server where it’s classic forever is literally just asking for your cake and eating it too. That’s his point.
    Except that's not his point. Nothing in the history of our conversation has alluded to the topic of "transferring over to tbc while also having their safe space server where it’s classic forever".

I'd really prefer to transfer, not copy, my character over for free once. I've got no interest in Belf/Draenei and I specifically leveled a character up for TBC...

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Except that's not his point. Nothing in the history of our conversation has alluded to the topic of "transferring over to tbc while also having their safe space server where it’s classic forever".
    So would you be alright with them shutting down classic vanilla? Because that’s what a majority of the vanilla fan base is pushing at the moment. The argument being pushed right now is that “we need to have act just like back in the day” and they are all saying this with instantly assuming classic vanilla will stay open, so their logic is already shit.

I’m thinking you are just missing the point of why I said that. Even if this guy wants classic vanilla shutdown once tbc launches, his argument is still completely flawed and I could have pointed it out with a ton of other examples but this one normally makes vanilla fans cringe.

The point is, this is not ‘back in the day’, it will never again be ‘back in the day’ this is wow classic and it needs to be looked at it as such. Make it a museum piece that highlights the version of the game we are choosing to play. Not looking back at this like “back in the day”. “Back in the day” we wouldn’t have had layering for launches, but we all know this is going to come back.

So would you be alright with them shutting down classic vanilla? Because that’s what a majority of the vanilla fan base is pushing at the moment. The argument being pushed right now is that “we need to have act just like back in the day” and they are all saying this with instantly assuming classic vanilla will stay open, so their logic is already shit.

I’m thinking you are just missing the point of why I said that. Even if this guy wants classic vanilla shutdown once tbc launches, his argument is still completely flawed and I could have pointed it out with a ton of other examples but this one normally makes vanilla fans cringe.

The point is, this is not ‘back in the day’, it will never again be ‘back in the day’ this is wow classic and it needs to be looked at it as such. Make it a museum piece that highlights the version of the game we are choosing to play. Not looking back at this like “back in the day”. “Back in the day” we wouldn’t have had layering for launches, but we all know this is going to come back.
    I started by saying that I wanted my R14 progress to be carried into TBC classic servers. In TBC players who earned titles in vanilla kept those titles. What I think should happen to vanilla classic servers when TBC servers roll out was never a talking point for contention.

Copy everything to TBC, keep Classic as it is, and open one or two fresh realms (for both games) for those who want it. Monitor and add more if there's demand. Rinse 'n' repeat for WOTLK later on. Profit and avoid lots of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I started by saying that I wanted my R14 progress to be carried into TBC classic servers. In TBC players who earned titles in vanilla kept those titles. What I think should happen to vanilla classic servers when TBC servers roll out was never a talking point for contention.
    Don't argue with him, he knows what you want and why you are wrong.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
    Copy everything to TBC, keep Classic as it is, and open one or two fresh realms (for both games) for those who want it. Monitor and add more if there's demand. Rinse 'n' repeat for WOTLK later on. Profit and avoid lots of drama.
    ..and close the portal so you can't get back to SW and IF?? Essentially you have killed vanilla for ever and a day!

Progression is competition with live thus leaving only ONE viable way forward: Fresh 58.

Again: Any and all progression is for LIVE content.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2020-05-18 at 02:16 PM.

They can add fresh servers, but pretty much everyone I talked to on live expects TBC progression with their classic chars and I 100% expect them to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ..and close the portal so you can't get back to SW and IF?? Essentially you have killed vanilla for ever and a day!

Progression is competition with live thus leaving only ONE viable way forward: Fresh 58.

So by your flawless reasoning Blizzard will totally be like: Hey guys I know you put so much time and effort in those classic characters and you are super excited to bring them through the Dark Portal but we just received some new feedback by some Cempa guy. Wait just wait a moment. Put your chairs and pitchforks down all you 1-2 mil. Listen, You think you want to play your classic 60 char but you just don't! There's a handful of people who didn't care about playing classic but want to suddenly trihard and feel soooper "LIVE PROGRESSION" special but they can't because all you classic nerds.

No, I haven't. Classic is still there exactly as it was, no change.

Your point is?...

EDIT:
    I don't think Blizz is dumb enough to go with instant 58. That's good for F R E S H™ private servers that seem to pop up every other week and last about as long before another F R E S H™ relaunch.
    Last edited by Sardoc; 2020-05-18 at 03:14 PM.

If classic servers are about the experience of an expansion long gone, you would start every one at 1 (vanilla) and 58 (TBC).

If classic servers are about progression (so they compete with live), then you would allow for, wait for it, progression.[/B]
    So... I guess you don't want anyone re-experiencing creating fresh new Draenei and Blood Elves, and Blizzard totally throwing away all that work they did on those starting zones just to protect your precious "Progression"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
    I'm actually more than expecting Blizzard to not have the "Copy everything" at default, and will simply expect you to pay for copying your Classic character onto BC servers. Maaaaaybe they'll allow a "1-time-free-character-copy", and that's it.

Their argument for why they will do that is because "What about people who role new characters on Classic, but then want to transfer them to Burning Crusade later?"... and the Blizzard Sycophants will completely agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    They can add fresh servers, but pretty much everyone I talked to on live expects TBC progression with their classic chars and I 100% expect them to do so.
    Totally reasonable to expect to continue with classic chars on TBC realms.