Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In our neck of the wood, we had single digit AQI every day for two weeks in a row in April. We have seen AQI in the teens plenty of time. Never single digit. As low as 5.
    Went jogging yesterday...taking deep measured breaths has never been such a pleasurable experience before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    People stick to walking and bicycling more. Pollution has actually decreased so hopefully that will stick as well. Working from home becomes more common. A greater appreciation for family. New respect for teachers as people realize teaching isn't easy.

For me personally, not too much has changed. I'm working from home (which I hate) but still working the usual hours, so it's not like I have all the time in the world to pursue interests. I'm definitely keep the house cleaner. I started an herb garden. Just wrapped up an online course. I do miss going to restaurants and coffeehouse.
    I wonder if working from home is a good thing. Sure mentally, having more days from home than the office is better for the well-being of your mind and soul. However, is it productive and does the throughput decrease if people work from home?
    -K

My lead intake has decreased significantly, and I have a valid excuse to avoid obnoxious social obligations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

i live in cali and gas prices have been below 3$ for about a month now...I can't remember the last time they were below 3$..usually its 3.50 something for basic unleaded and thats at the cheap places

less traffic on the roads currently and less people at the grocery store too although I can't always find what i need because some hoarding is still going on even now
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Old people typically vote conservative. So...

Yeah.
    Amazing that you can say this yet still think you are better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Amazing that you can say this yet still think you are better.
    Ooooo I know you think you know what I was was saying but I'm pretty sure you're wrong!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

CDC will be doing a lot of testing for antibodies to find out where we all at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m no longer antisocial, but a concerned citizen.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Kids teacher died from COVID-19, but, hey, I'm reading more...

/facepalm

With schools closed, there can't be any school shootings.....

Not losing 1-2 hours to work commute allots more time to sleep or recreation.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Kids teacher died from COVID-19, but, hey, I'm reading more...

/facepalm
    Oof, that's pretty rough. How's the kid holding up?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've become very, very good at Beat Saber.

Whelp, I got promoted and hours added because the old dude in the position died.... silver lining for 1/2 of that equation.

I now don't have to take my father to 11 doctor visits a month....and shop for "emergency" food items every other day for him.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Yeah.
    So... you spend all your time on the internet thinking whose in charge really matters?

Oh, your one of them.

No leadership is changing your life, your life is just shit and you haven't adapted. If I was in Parliament and wanted to make sufficient changes to workforce, it'd be years before anything is done. Blame the oppressive government you live in.

Yeah.
    I'll just assume you meant "Old people typically vote conservative but now they can see how easily those "conservatives" sacrifice them to Mammon and perhaps enough of them will think better".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Not losing 1-2 hours to work commute allots more time to sleep or recreation.
    This one so much, already being home after I get off from work is amazing. I can immediately start dinner or go walking or biking or whatever.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'll just assume you meant "Old people typically vote conservative but now they can see how easily those "conservatives" sacrifice them to Mammon and perhaps enough of them will think better".
    Since apparently nobody has a sense of humor here...

I meant old people, like all voters, are more responsive to issues that impact them more directly and care about how those issues are handled. They're also a larger and more consistent voting block, and since I've seen even a few Trumpsters switch sides over how he's handling this (mostly due to their connections to people more directly involved such as nurses and doctors) I'd imagine the threat of death and Trump making it worse would incline the elderly to vote against him and other Republicans.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Between gas prices being the lowest they've been in decades here (although they're slowly creeping back up since things started reopening a few weeks ago) and the fact that I'm just spending less in general (no eating out, thinking more along the lines of what I really need and don't need when I grocery shop, pretty much no leisure travel at all, etc), I've saved a good bit of money during this whole mess. So I guess there is that.
    yeah gas got down to 94 cents a gallon here...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

For the last five years I bought a twelve pack of beer every night, and drank 9 or 10 of them. Every night. Actually, longer than five years, more like six or seven. Now, I have one single 24 ounce beer on a Friday evening, and even that is starting to make me uncomfortably loopy. That was tough, and I could not have done it while also working.

I started smoking when I was 16. Marlboro reds. Switched to Copenhagen dip at 26, and have now quit that. Over twenty years of nicotine use has ended. Again, could not have done it while working, far and away one of the most excruciating things I've ever done. "Horrifying" is a word that one might use if it were not so dramatic. I still plan to enjoy one of my favorite cigars, the Witchdoktor, every few months or so. Had one earlier this month, will probably enjoy another one in August or something.

So it's been productive.