Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    "The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency."

This sentence most will overlook. What corruption she is selling will be random (or on a preset rotation), and which level will be random (or on a preset rotation). Everything sounded great till they needed layer of dumb, 1 step forward 2 steps back. If I have enough to buy TD3 why do I have to wait 4 weeks to get it, why? because reasons?
    They always do, pound one nail another jumps up.

- Makes essences cost more for no good reason, requiring even more work put in on alts
    - The corruptions available are still RNG because they aren't constantly available
    - People who have had steady mains/pure DPS mains are way behind others because they don't have any accrued Echoes yet

Wonderful system they're setting up here. They can't make anything simple and good, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Most of the game is a "tough shit" scenario, why should this be different.
    no,this is in line with the m+ mats for buying azerite they do every season

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It required doing emissaries when they awarded gold, doing a m15+ every week, 5/4/3 mask visions (plus cloak leveling) and all assaults because that's all I did with them. So as you said even when farming them now it would almost be a full lockout headstart which especially mains -which did even more- are missing.
    And don't get me wrong, the mistake does not happen now, but when they decided that the currency would out of whatever reason not be awarded when - at that time - you could not buy anything with it.
    On multiple characters. That's not exactly little play. Especially the 3 visions.

Also, this "mistake" likely stems from the fact that they didn't originally plan to use Echoes for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Not disagreeing with you in that specific case, but-snip-
    because, it creates the need to farm up preemptively then wait or rush to meet a dead-line when it does appear.
    both of these are bad for player agency and their determination of progression.

This all too late. Far too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    - Makes essences cost more for no good reason, requiring even more work put in on alts
    I guess you missed the part where rate of gaining echoes increases by the exact same amount? They will still require the exact same amount of work to obtain.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    More grind eh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Fuck you Blizzard, fuck you so much. If you introduce pay to win to the game fucking stand with it and don't drop it after people spend their money on it. Fucking predatory shenanigans going on here. Hopefully the crazy Americans will deck you with lawsuits about this.
    Lmao, what? Where are your marbles? lolol

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Missed a point about the purchasable corruption

The only people that really benefit from this are raiders

Mythic chest is 100% corruption, can't be cleansed and replaced.
    Mask runs 100% corruption, can't be cleansed and replaced.

Sure, you could put it on some PvP gear or normal gear from mythics, but you'll always have to sacrifice ilvl, right?
    You really will complain about anything, huh? People already drop ~30-40ilvl for their strongest corruptions. This is no different except now you'll, at worst, have to drop 10 ilvl and you can choose your BiS corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Man, it's like people who weren't able to get echoes are now behind people who didnt care to buy off spec essences and alts.
    It's like now, you have to hope an item DOESNT corrupt because you can't buy one for a cleansed piece.

Think next time.
    A perfect example of what I said. Some folks, like you, are going to cry no matter how much you've given. Blizzard could've made these free, and you still would've bitched and moaned about how you can't do this or that. They stated they're working on the issues, but here you are, to fucking cry about it. And to think, they didn't have to do this AT ALL. Yet they are, and yet you're still complaining. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No he still has a valid point, they haven't explained why they increased the cost of Essences in addition to echoes gained.
    Because the point of this change isn't making Essences easier to obtain.

they will be as pricey as Blizzard decides they want them to be
    You don't say. Sounds like every single item ever sold by a vendor. Also not sure where you get the idea of them not having a set price from. The list of available corruptions will change, not the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Oh well, this makes me a bit happier, and I can restore some corrupted items that I removed.
    You literally can't.

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Imagine an 8.3 where these things would have been available right off the bat.
    Content would've been clear week 1 because everyone would've had all the Infinite Stars and Twilight Devs in the world. Still woulda been a shit system, just in another way.

I'd much prefer the non-vendor system in a world where things weren't so hilariously and horribly unbalanced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    A perfect example of what I said. Some folks, like you, are going to cry no matter how much you've given. Blizzard could've made these free, and you still would've bitched and moaned about how you can't do this or that. They stated they're working on the issues, but here you are, to fucking cry about it. And to think, they didn't have to do this AT ALL. Yet they are, and yet you're still complaining. Pathetic.
    Ah, so you have no critical thinking skills why this isnt implemented right. Carry on being retarded then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are already advantaged.

Many of my guildies have 12k-15k echoes because they never bought their last useless essence, and, there is me, who bought my last essence the very first week, I only have 12 echoes... ^^

Im really tired so i cant weed out the info right, but do i need a corrupted item to get the corruption i want on it or can i go with any item and just add it onto it?

I'm surprised that people still even care about BFA gear lol. At this point I'm taking break from WoW till Shadowlands anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything they do is keep you playing max amount of time whether you enjoy the game or not. This is not an indie company who care if you like their game, its a corporation who want to max out revenue.

Remember that when read stuff like this and question some of the decisions.

Great. Can we also get purchasable essences for Rank 3 that you don't own. Literally make it 3x the cost of a rank 3 you already own to "unlock" it on the one toon and make it purchasable on all others.

Would love to help a buddy out who recently started playing again but the essence grinds are a real nut buster.