Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They just had to shove rotational bullshit there with the corruption vendor, didn't they. It's like they can't just give people the fun they've been asking for since the start. They always have to fuck you a bit when they do something - like a "yeah we're seeing trash numbers, so we're doing this to make you happy and keep playing, but we'll also add this shit as a fuck you for making us do it".

It's like they gently pat you on the head, making you feel all good and nice, but then kicking you really fucking hard in the stomach so you don't feel too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Then raid, problems get solved when you just PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.
    congrats on your 1 year membership 2000+ posts is certainly a lot for that time frame lol!

im retired from hardcore raiding and prefer to play high m+ with a small group of friends but it doesnt feel good to be locked out of what is supposed to be a catch up mechanic for all players, when in reality it only works for raiders.

you tell me to "play the fucking game" but ive been playing the fucking game much better than you ever could and for much longer. sorry about it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because the point of this change isn't making Essences easier to obtain.

You don't say. Sounds like every single item ever sold by a vendor. Also not sure where you get the idea of them not having a set price from. The list of available corruptions will change, not the prices.
    True but their intent is to:
    Our goal with this update is to speed up the power progression of new level 120 characters....
    ...we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged...
    Which increasing the Essence cost is the exact opposite. Plus my argument isn't about about making them easier to obtain since the current system is already the "easy way", it's about unlocking them faster on alts. Which really shouldn't be a point of contention at this stage of the expansion as it just benefits everyone if they leave the costs as they are. New Alts would be unlocking them faster and be getting onto corruptions quicker.

Yes I'm aware, my point was that the "cost factor by 5" wasn't applicable to the Corruption and Visions prices as Blizzard hasn't set them yet and they'll end up whatever price Blizzard finally sets them at as opposed to say they have Twilight Devastation III set at 3000 echoes at the moment somewhere in their database and they're increasing it by a factor of 5 to balance the system around everyone who has gathered a hoard of 2500 echoes. I also meant the current sample of prices in the blue post are likely to change before implementation.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-05-18 at 10:57 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Havent seen this point brought up and its a good one.

Pretty stupid system when you hope an item doesnt corrupt so you can corrupt it with the right corrupt. Good as design blizzard. Much smart system designz

They acknowledged that at the end of the blog. It says its a technical limitation currently that they are working on resolving as well, but didn't want to hold the entire system back because of it.

Its not a design choice for the system. Just something they still have to overcome. Complex systems breed complex problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You literally can't.
    Not cleansed. Removed, sold to a vendor, scrapped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They acknowledged that at the end of the blog. It says its a technical limitation currently that they are working on resolving as well, but didn't want to hold the entire system back because of it.

Its not a design choice for the system. Just something they still have to overcome. Complex systems breed complex problems.
    This ^.

But, I think Volatilis and the rest need to share their secrets, some peeps on these forums clearly knows how to make the system work if going by the comments.

Is that on the PTR already? Currently I get zero Echoes on my main char, because being the main no other char has any essences unlocked I haven't on the main...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Not cleansed. Removed, sold to a vendor, scrapped.

- - - Updated - - -

This ^.

But, I think Volatilis and the rest need to share their secrets, some peeps on these forums clearly knows how to make the system work if going by the comments.
    Reset everyone's echoes
    Wait to implement it till you can recorrupt gear
    Don't have a revolving vendor

It's not difficult to fix it. Its obvious why people dont like when they admit themselves its being half-assed
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-05-18 at 11:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i remember when blizzard made a game for actual mmorpg players, this game we've had for a years now is just a shell of a former masterpiece called "World of Warcraft"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What the hell are you going on about?
    They implemented a pay2win feature.
    They got people to spends millions of IRL money on tokens to buy BoE corrupted items (see the massive decline of the token price in the last month in nearly all regions)
    Now that everyone has spend their money, they turn it immediately worthless with this change.

Either they really don't know what they are doing or they are simply one of the most evil companies out there.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They didn't want this in for the initial release, and it makes perfect sense. Would've prevented people from upgrading their cloak and pushed them towards having more dps. But leave it to you nerds to complain about them doing anything.

Blizzard cannot do anything right by most folk's standards anymore. They listen to the community, then they're dumb and aren't smart enough to run their game anymore. They don't listen, you cry and complain that they don't care about their own game anymore.

Some of you people are literally never, ever, ever happy.

Get some help.
    Or you know, they could've designed a better system from the start? Just a thought. It's not like this is the first time they've taken their time to fix an obviously broken core system. RnG layered on RnG is not fun for me, and let's not forget that a large majority of player's damage in 8.3 is corruption. Give praise to Blizzard when they deserve it, and criticize the flaws.

OK I need some help here. My main has not collected one echo at all because he does not even have the option to at all. When my main talks to mother the option of buying them isn’t even available but on all of my other eight characters I am able to buy them. Is this working as intended or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ah, so you have no critical thinking skills why this isnt implemented right. Carry on being retarded then.
    Let me get this straight... So you think your opinion, carries more weight than the entire Blizzard development team? You don't think that Blizzard thought this through thoroughly? That they just made a spur of the moment type deal, with no thought? No analysis of if this is a good or bad design? And you call me retarded.... got it.

I'd put money you're a leftie. " Since they aren't doing what I think is right, then they're wrong."

What's the point of upping the cost 5x? Why not just reset everyone to 0 or introduce a new currency? Some characters could never obtain these "echoes" in the first place because they didn't have any alts with essences, you could only obtain these on characters that didn't own an essence another character had, so if you had 2 characters with different essences unlocked, both would get echoes, if you had "main" with all essences and "alt" with nothing, only "alt" would get stuff, "main" wouldn't...

Cue people who rerolled in my guild laughing in their 15-20k echoes meanwhile I did the same content (raids, visions, invasions, emissaries, etc.) and got absolutely nothing. So they can buy 2-3 corruptions on day one even with the 5x the price.

Nice. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They got people to spends millions of IRL money on tokens to buy BoE corrupted items (see the massive decline of the token price in the last month in nearly all regions)
    Now that everyone has spend their money, they turn it immediately worthless with this change.

Either they really don't know what they are doing or they are simply one of the most evil companies out there.
    No one held a gun to your head to make you spend millions of gold on BOE's. And do you know what small fraction of the playerbase would spend millions of gold? This is a change to benefit the masses more than the few.

Also if you spent IRL money on tokens to buy BOEs that cost a million+ per item...yeah that's on you. Either way you can cry about it all you want, it won't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    i remember when blizzard made a game for actual mmorpg players, this game we've had for a years now is just a shell of a former masterpiece called "World of Warcraft"
    Disagree. Being emo about it is so 2009, so is not understanding what MMORPG at its core stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zestyz View Post
    Or you know, they could've designed a better system from the start? Just a thought. It's not like this is the first time they've taken their time to fix an obviously broken core system. RnG layered on RnG is not fun for me, and let's not forget that a large majority of player's damage in 8.3 is corruption. Give praise to Blizzard when they deserve it, and criticize the flaws.
    We aren't arguing about the system from the start. Look, I quit after 8.2 because I hated the corruption system. I didn't come to the forums to complain about how much I hated it. I showed Blizzard by canceling my subscription. I recently started playing again as some friends wanted to do some casual PVP/M+ and the system as a whole is as terrible as ever. I never questioned that. But folks can't have it both ways, and that's what a majority of the jerks on this forum want. They're trying to appease a large number of folks, but instead of folks being happy with getting one thing, they keep asking for more. It's selfish and greedy. If you don't like this game, don't play it. No one is forcing you.

Whales are always going to exist, it's their choice to be as such.

And one must lead a very sheltered life to even consider this company to be one of the most evil ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Everything they do is keep you playing max amount of time whether you enjoy the game or not. This is not an indie company who care if you like their game, its a corporation who want to max out revenue.

Remember that when read stuff like this and question some of the decisions.
    Only fools would pay for and spend time playing a game they do not enjoy though.

The vast majority of people simply do not function like that. If it ain't fun, they leave. It makes zero sense to believe that their only motivation is money, only to then float this idea that making a game that's not fun would retain players.

As (a fanboy/girl according to some) someone who literally voted with my wallet when I least enjoyed this expansion, I can't help but wonder wtf kind of issues people suffer from when they act as if they're forced to play this game that they seemingly haven't been capable of enjoying for X amount of years.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-18 at 11:23 PM.

So many whiny children. This is a good change overall, but you just gotta whine about something.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd put money you're a leftie. " Since they aren't doing what I think is right, then they're wrong."
    Lol. Seek help

10+ Year Old Account

Um, I don't get how people choosing to buy tokens to convert into in-game gold as a roundabout way to get corruptions is a pay2win feature? That's such a niche strategy. I don't think you know what pay2win means sir.

Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-05-18 at 11:24 PM.