Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    They literally explained why they did this in the post. If they didn't, people who didn't hoard echoes would be massively disadvantaged compared to people who did. If they increase everything by 5x (like they often do with Residuum) it means that they can use the same currency without removing the already collected echoes.
    Except the person you quoted asked about essences not corruption. I think essences should remain the current price. Someone getting 3 rank 3 essences really quickly on their alt isn't going to hinder anything. Using the current costs for corruptions is fine, but essences I don't mind seeing the price "nerfed" in that it stays original instead of bumping to 5x.

Is this the full list of corruptions available? If so than its pretty bad for some classes. Where is my GW, blizzard? Or vers amp? IS? No?

My brain when i saw the system of corruptions available being rotated instead of being ALL available at any time:

Oh, well I was certainly complaining on how it should've been better from the start. I can see where you're coming from, as the whining has existed since I started playing back in BC. Although, with BFA, I find myself agreeing with almost all of it and question what the developers are thinking with some of the changes and implementations. E.G. GCD change.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It's selfish and greedy. If you don't like this game, don't play it. No one is forcing you.
    I do agree with on canceling your sub to show you don't support Blizzard current design philosophy, but I can't agree with this line of thinking. All of us tend to come back because we do like the game and want it to be successful. Feedback and criticism is important. Although, this site isn't the best place for it, I suppose. Appreciate you expanding on your original post here though.
    Last edited by Zestyz; 2020-05-18 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Um, I don't get how people choosing to buy tokens to convert into in-game gold as a roundabout way to get corruptions is a pay2win feature? That's such a niche strategy. I don't think you know what pay2win means sir.

Never underestimate the capacity some people have for turning anything into a left-vs-right thing...

But aside from that hilarity, you're quite right. I'd say that most people throwing around the term "P2W" on these forums, don't seem to know what it actually means and what it CAN look like.

Nobody spending hundreds of euro to buy a piece of gear that costs millions of gold is a winner at the game, aside from the one guild that took WF. Their sources for gold and even money to buy tokens tend to come from boosts/rmt in any case.

I do find it a little odd that Alt Catch-up Extravaganza doesn't include letting us get both weekly Malefic Cores from 5-chest visions, but oh well.

What about us players' mains that have 0 echoes because we already have rank 3 essences and dont earn the echoes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    still impossible to "catch up" if you dont raid
    Exactly. But I don't mind. I completely ignore the essences system.

Azerite gear, Necklace essence, Legendary cloak, Corruption, Layers of layers of layers timegating RNG.

Your class, spec, talent, rotation don't matter. The only thing matters is your random RNG gear procs.

The whole BFA gear system is a disaster, a truly catastrophic disaster.

Will this madness end with Shadowlands? I don't have any hope for Blizzard in SL.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Imagine an 8.3 where these things would have been available right off the bat.
    But then it wouldn't be a complete lottery, and players would be able to actually build their own setups the way they want to. Can't have that while the content is in it's prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Imagine an 8.3 where these things would have been available right off the bat.
    Yeah. And yet they managed to screw up this late deployment somehow cause of the rules they put in place the last time they tried to fix it (echoes), lmao

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Let me get this straight... So you think your opinion, carries more weight than the entire Blizzard development team? You don't think that Blizzard thought this through thoroughly? That they just made a spur of the moment type deal, with no thought? No analysis of if this is a good or bad design? And you call me retarded.... got it.

I'd put money you're a leftie. " Since they aren't doing what I think is right, then they're wrong."
    You're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    What about us players' mains that have 0 echoes because we already have rank 3 essences and dont earn the echoes?
    Welcome to BfA design.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-05-18 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zestyz View Post
    Oh, well I was certainly complaining on how it should've been better from the start. I can see where you're coming from, as the whining has existed since I started playing back in BC. Although, with BFA, I find myself agreeing with almost all of it and question what the developers are thinking with some of the changes and implementations. E.G. GCD change.

I do agree with on canceling your sub to show you don't support Blizzard current design philosophy, but I can't agree with this line of thinking. All of us tend to come back because we do like the game and want it to be successful. Feedback and criticism is important. Although, this site isn't the best place for it, I suppose. Appreciate you expanding on your original post here though.
    I made sure to let Blizzard know why I was canceling my sub, and am only month to month instead of paying for 6 months or 12-month blocks like I typically do.

As a consumer, the only voice we truly have is how we spend our money. If our money goes away, their ears tend to perk up. But if we keep paying, and complain. They get drowned out in those dollars rolling in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Um, I don't get how people choosing to buy tokens to convert into in-game gold as a roundabout way to get corruptions is a pay2win feature? That's such a niche strategy. I don't think you know what pay2win means sir.

Read her last posts.

Her "opinion" was Blizzard wasn't doing what "she" thought was best or the right thing to do. And therefore they're wrong, as well as anyone who tried to justify them doing this.

It's a very neo-liberal, neo-feminist view lately.

So, will it be implemented this reset or the next? When they say coming week, I imagine the WoW coming week, which is tomorrow(tuesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So firstly the new Corruption enchants and additional vessel source haven't got a set price yet so they will be as pricey as Blizzard decides they want them to be and people who may or may not have been stockpiling will already have an advantage over those who haven't been gathering them on alts or have been unable to get them on mains as they didn't drop as long as they're the only one with all your rank 3 essences.
    The blue post shows some prices. They're about 200 per point of corruption. As Gushing Wound and the fixed % secondary corruptions are cheap and efficient (assuming you buy the right secondary for your spec) for most specs, they'll be stacked like mad the day they come up for sale. If the ones for your spec come up late, you'll be lagging until they do. That's a great way of doing things. Really.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-05-18 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    My brain when i saw the system of corruptions available being rotated instead of being ALL available at any time:

I always hated the taste of those cherries
    They just seem so...fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yeah. And yet they managed to screw up this late deployment somehow cause of the rules they put in place the last time they tried to fix it (echoes), lmao

You're delusional.

Welcome to BfA design.
    You sound like a hater, who cries all the time. Is it fun living a life like that? Being negative and hating everything, all the time? Must be tiring.

Nothing delusional about my statement. To assume or think that you or anyone here might have put in more time/effort into the design of a system that Blizzard put in place is delusional. Get over yourself. While I don't agree with Blizzard, or the corruption system, them giving in to player demand was huge. And should be applauded. Not cried and complained about. This system would've been even worse if it was in place from the start exactly as they're talking about it. Get over yourself.

What's the story with the rest of the ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol. Seek help
    Buh-bye....

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I’m in the same boat. I’ve earned 0 on my main but my alts have a ton on them.

So...erm Gushing Wound all slots...and PVP eh?

I wonder if we will see daily nerfs/etc because some of these items stacked will be strong.