Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At this point who cares, the highest tier infinite stars you pay thousands of gold for is going to be a green or shut down in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    What's the story with the rest of the ranks?
    Rotation.

So get saving for BiS now and hope you have enough when it pops up otherwise its gonna be another month long wait.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

yeah super great system for the people that cannot earn echoes on the main character, or people that already purchased essences that will never use just because you couldnt do absolutely nothing with that currency, great move

seems super fair

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.
    As a fellow programmer, I'd love to see why this is the case. All I'm thinking is that due to some short-sightnessness instead of uncorrupting an item they decided to create a "corruption 0", a corruption that does nothing and has neither text nor effect, but is what Mother turns corruptions into. And devs chose to do that instead of just removing the corruption because of a possible memory corruption reason, dunno? It's always interesting to see what causes issues like this. Same with Blizzard claiming they didn't have the tech to increase primary bag space beyong 16 slots for years.

Or they could just be lying for some reason, w/e.

Fun change tho, gonna be more fun leveling an alt knowing gearing him for certain content is actually possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    As a fellow programmer, I'd love to see why this is the case. All I'm thinking is that due to some short-sightnessness instead of uncorrupting an item they decided to create a "corruption 0", a corruption that does nothing and has neither text nor effect, but is what Mother turns corruptions into. And devs chose to do that instead of just removing the corruption because of a possible memory corruption reason, dunno? It's always interesting to see what causes issues like this. Same with Blizzard claiming they didn't have the tech to increase primary bag space beyong 16 slots for years.

Or they could just be lying for some reason, w/e.

Fun change tho, gonna be more fun leveling an alt knowing gearing him for certain content is actually possible now.
    I mean....they can't even fit all the corruption items in the vendor....must be hard to code it in..so the solution is..."rotation". Like...why is this even a thing to rotate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    As a fellow programmer, I'd love to see why this is the case.
    Probably something to do with the difference between zero and null.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish they would double the new reps, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So those bastards still aren’t making it easier to acquire essences on your main.

It’s like there’s a huge turd on the ground and they’re polishing the windows.

Well, back to Nazjatar bullshit for me.
    I came here to find creative ways on how people can make any thing negative. Just for curiosity

And oh boy I was not disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamrik View Post
    yeah super great system for the people that cannot earn echoes on the main character, or people that already purchased essences that will never use just because you couldnt do absolutely nothing with that currency, great move

seems super fair
    You can earn it on your main character. It says so in the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    At this point who cares, the highest tier infinite stars you pay thousands of gold for is going to be a green or shut down in a few months.
    True. Why care avout anything really. Why bother using a seatbelt. You are dead in 50 years or so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by prudi View Post
    The worst part about this is that you were unable to earn echos on your main if you didnt have an essence rank 3 on another character that you didnt have on the main character. Meaning some people have a shit ton of echoes stored up while most mains will have 0.
    That's not true. I literally have no alts that have essences and my main has been getting echoes since the day they dropped, I used them to buy all the tank 3 essences for offspecs.

Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    I mean....they can't even fit all the corruption items in the vendor....must be hard to code it in..so the solution is..."rotation". Like...why is this even a thing to rotate lol.
    I mean netcode make things about 10000 times more complex man. Also wow is run on a custom engine. There is an enormous difference between I code and I coded an mmo.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post
    That's not true. I literally have no alts that have essences and my main has been getting echoes since the day they dropped, I used them to buy all the tank 3 essences for offspecs.
    A pure dps class main char does not get any echoes because they can't buy any essences, echoes won't even show up on the character sheet.

A hybrid class main char gets echoes because farming the dps essence unlocks its counterpart tank/heal essence for purchase.

For me it really does not change anything. I wish that all alts just got the cloak without having to complete the quest line.

At this point all my alts are just sitting and waiting for the new expansion since I have zero desire to complete the quest line a second time.

Of course the corrupted content was really not too exciting to me so my mains cloak is still at level 1 anyway so maybe it would not have mattered much had they unlocked cloaks for my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    imagine selling raid BoE's that were cleansed on the AH and people buy em thinking they can corrupt it. Kek
    Do cleansed BoE’s become soul bound? If not LOL they definitely gotta fix this

The only thing I have anything against is the weekly rotation , why? So if you miss , because you are limited by the game , the mark to buy your desired corruption you have to pay up another month before it happens to be available again? I call bullshit man. Bullshit.

They really shouldn't have wasted their time. It's not going to bring anybody back and because of the entitled nature of the player base, everyone is just going to bitch because they aren't being handed the bis gear the way they want.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm... not sure this is good for the game.

Has Blizzard really considered the consequences of allowing players to casually equip Expedient III in 9 gear slots for +108% increased Haste from all sources (as an example)?

There's a few DPS specializations that have been significantly growing in power over the last 2 months, mainly Shadow Priest and Beast Mastery Hunter. These specific specs scale so well that allowing them access to the complete ability to scale their stats permanently to insane values may just break class balance completely.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The only thing I have anything against is the weekly rotation , why? So if you miss , because you are limited by the game , the mark to buy your desired corruption you have to pay up another month before it happens to be available again? I call bullshit man. Bullshit.
    Well it's better than waiting to see what your 1 drop was in a chest once a week. While I agree it's not perfect, it's better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The vendor changes twice a fucking week. Are you fucking serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Davetron View Post
    I’m in the same boat. I’ve earned 0 on my main but my alts have a ton on them.
    Can you guys read? All echoes you have right now are worth 5 times less after the patch hits. Besides that - this is a catchup mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Can you guys read? All echoes you have right now are worth 5 times less after the patch hits. Besides that - this is a catchup mechanic.

there's people who have 25k echoes hoarded already, its not fair

the Titan residuum cost went up by x10 and still wasnt enough to fight the people who stored massive amounts, and now they do the same trick with another system but only x5? makes no sense at all

But this is even worse, since at least on the Residuum case everyone had access and option to store them, but with echoes that's not the case, people with no access to essences on that character ( either Pure DPS or people with all of them already ) cant get them anymore.

an advantage of 25k currency just for not having all the essences already and still get echoes is wrong.
    Last edited by Tamrik; 2020-05-19 at 01:36 AM.