Poll: Are you happy with the coming changes?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Just shows how desperate Blizzard are to make sure all their players don't just move to Classic. Too little too late now. Classic WoW currently already has 10 times the player number retail has.
    And you base this assumption on what? Something you pulled from your butt? No one knows exactly how many subscribers WoW has to begin with. Nor does anyone know the number of active players divided among each one.

Second, where do you smell desperation? We're at the end of the expansion. Subscriptions normally drop during this time anyways. Is BfA your first time playing WoW? We saw dips at the end of Wrath, Cata, MoP, and WoD at the end. Not to mention the final raids lasted a year or more. Assuming Shadowlands launches on December 31st, that would mean Ny'alotha would have only been open for 49 weeks. And we know that most likely Shadowlands will probably launch sometime around Blizzcon or shortly thereafter.

And Classic WoW is going to run into a harder brick wall... the fact that Naxxramas is the last piece of content it gets. Then it just becomes a sandbox of nostalgia.

This is their equivalent to the artifact power surge at the end of Legion. It is also Blizzard doing what it can to help mitigate what is happening with the 'rona because people still are locked in for safety reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just shows how desperate Blizzard are to make sure all their players don't just move to Classic. Too little too late now. Classic WoW currently already has 10 times the player number retail has.
    He said in the most desperate way possible trying to convince us that this is actually not just bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It would have been good - weeks ago. Now, after many people have sirens a lot of money on gear, its a spit in the face. Never trust Blizzard with money I guess.
    who hurt you?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well if they actually paid the coders better instead of all going into the top guys pockets they might not miss so many commas
    Your premise is dumb for a number of reasons:

#1. I'm willing to bet you have no idea how their engineers are paid relative to industry norms.

#2. There are zero software companies that do not have issues like this. If you think that's because nobody pays enough and/or you can buy your way out of programming issues then you're simply announcing that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Some people just want to bitch and moan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It would have been good - weeks ago. Now, after many people have sirens a lot of money on gear, its a spit in the face. Never trust Blizzard with money I guess.
    I get it, sure, you spent $200 for something that is now worth much less and you're going to complain. But come on, this was completely predictable, first of all, and it is a good move for the game overall. Sucks that some people don't have foresight, but I'm glad they didn't handcuff themselves because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    well its pretty obviously just a sub increase attempt.

They say its a technical limitation they may change but now you have to hope an item drop doesnt corrupt so you can put the corruption effect you want on it.

Its a pretty retarded system all around.
    Isn't everything a sub based game company does an attempt to increase subs? What is wrong with that exactly? All you prove is your super ability to point out the obvious. Good job. Also well done with finding a way to still complain and hate when they clearly do something people have been whining for.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    A confusing statement to make - you say your issue is that it pushes too much power into certain essences on certain fights, and they contribute far too much to your overall damage (something i 100% agree with) but you would only be happy if the system was removed? Kinda seems like killing a wasp with a nuke. I would certainly like to see the damage percentage dramatically reduced, down below the classes core abilities, but i dont think the system should be removed just for this reason.

- - - Updated - - -

literally impossible.
    Then noone would use it and fights would take longer, opening room for more wipes.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Then noone would use it and fights would take longer, opening room for more wipes.
    First of all, its extremely obvious that fights are balanced around potential output, i have no idea why you would think otherwise. And secondly, are you genuinely claiming that if a bis essence contributed 15% of your damage over a fight instead of 40-60%, no one would use them, and would needlessly cleanse that item, gimping their performance by 15%? Thats just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Your premise is dumb for a number of reasons:

#1. I'm willing to bet you have no idea how their engineers are paid relative to industry norms.

#2. There are zero software companies that do not have issues like this. If you think that's because nobody pays enough and/or you can buy your way out of programming issues then you're simply announcing that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Some people just want to bitch and moan.
    Space shuttles have literally exploded killing people due to simple mistakes such as this in code converting metric / imperial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    who hurt you?
    Blizzard, i believe. Or at least they believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Too late.

This is how things should have worked from the start, and I probably wouldn't have quit then. It's been too long now. I'm not going to start again until the SL prepatch, and it'll be to see if SL is worth buying, not because of these fixes.
    A fair response without all the drama. I think its really healthy to look at a change like this and say "nope, too little too late for me, im waiting until SL, and even then only if its good enough" (not a direct quote obv). I think that is the best thing for people who are unhappy with the change, its timing, or anything really - speak with the wallet and move on, but that doesnt mean you need to walk away from the community and forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Feels bad that the currency for this is echoes, so my main that is still hunting for a particular corruption has none... My mistake for getting all the essences I guess.
    they are increasing the echos given,so the ones you spent on essences will feel like peanuts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    You're really saying that Classic is challenging? Especially compared to Retail? omg that's hilarious AND delusional
    dude cmon,that was an obvious troll

Dont know what drugs u taking, but I want some

Too late, it should have been done from launch.

To be fair, i have solod to 10+ on alts, but not taken many of them much beyond that. I dont know if it gets too hard on alts solo beyond that, my 'mains' have been fine, but i do find it VERY class specific solo - some have next to no issues, and others seem to really struggle. But i do think the old problem of getting gear you cannot equip is worse than it ever has been due to corruption. It used to be tier items / WF/TF and other systems that caused the issue, now its getting some terrible lower ilvl items with rank 3 bis corruptions meaning you wont replace them even with much higher ilvl gear, or, its getting amazing rank 3 essences on solid items that you would LOVE to equip, but its a toon with low resistance and you cant 'safely' use the item. Not a good feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so a potential issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably why all the top wow streamers and players are playing it 8 hours a day and loving every minute of it. I read somewhere the Method is struggling to maintain a roster because all their best players are heading to Classic for a real challenge.
    pro tip: when atempting to troll,never be THAT obvious,you need to atleast leave some room for people to atleast MAYBE take it seriously

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    pro tip: when atempting to troll,never be THAT obvious,you need to atleast leave some room for people to atleast MAYBE take it seriously
    Post #109 seems to disagree with you. You even already acknowledged it.....

Pro Tip: If you are going to accuse someone of trolling, and that the troll is so ridiculous no one will believe it, dont make that accusation two posts after having to try and convince someone else that they should not be taken seriously - it lacks constancy and undermines your own accusation.

Post #109 seems to disagree with you. You even already acknowledged it.....

Pro Tip: If you are going to accuse someone of trolling, and that the troll is so ridiculous no one will believe it, dont make that accusation two posts after having to try and convince someone else that they should not be taken seriously - it lacks constancy and undermines your own accusation.
    well its mostly for my personal amusement,ofc plenty of people will believe even the most outlandish of jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Feels bad that the currency for this is echoes, so my main that is still hunting for a particular corruption has none... My mistake for getting all the essences I guess.
    Yeah, a huge oversight or fuck up by them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    A confusing statement to make - you say your issue is that it pushes too much power into certain essences on certain fights, and they contribute far too much to your overall damage (something i 100% agree with) but you would only be happy if the system was removed? Kinda seems like killing a wasp with a nuke. I would certainly like to see the damage percentage dramatically reduced, down below the classes core abilities, but i dont think the system should be removed just for this reason.
    Borrowed powers are a cancer that should be excised from the game entirely.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

To be fair, i have solod to 10+ on alts, but not taken many of them much beyond that. I dont know if it gets too hard on alts solo beyond that, my 'mains' have been fine, but i do find it VERY class specific solo - some have next to no issues, and others seem to really struggle. But i do think the old problem of getting gear you cannot equip is worse than it ever has been due to corruption. It used to be tier items / WF/TF and other systems that caused the issue, now its getting some terrible lower ilvl items with rank 3 bis corruptions meaning you wont replace them even with much higher ilvl gear, or, its getting amazing rank 3 essences on solid items that you would LOVE to equip, but its a toon with low resistance and you cant 'safely' use the item. Not a good feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, so a potential issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably why all the top wow streamers and players are playing it 8 hours a day and loving every minute of it. I read somewhere the Method is struggling to maintain a roster because all their best players are heading to Classic for a real challenge.
    Challenge in classic, funny. Time to check those sources of yours.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Yeah, a huge oversight or fuck up by them.
    Or intentional decision. There is nothing to say it is a mistake. I am not stoked about that part of it either, but i have nothing to say it was a mistake, by any name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Mixed up cheetos with baby fingers..... Summoned an outer god instead, trying to work through that will keep you posted.
    any update? Remember, once you name it, it gets WAY harder to get rid of it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my Ahead of the Curve. I'm not even playing anymore. This should have been in from launch, it's absolutely pointless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I have my Ahead of the Curve. I'm not even playing anymore. This should have been in from launch, it's absolutely pointless now.
    It may be pointless for you but Blizzard has a cult following.
    This cult welcomes anything with open arms.

This vendor is not blizzard saying "we made a mistake"

Everything is a timegate to stretch the game as much as possible.