Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Only one tank will just lead to even less tanks.
    Well unless it is HALF, it can't be worse than what we have now.

But I don't agree with you at all. I think that if the game were adjusted to single tanks, which would take considerable tuning, actual tank players would probably enjoy getting all the glory and authority if anything. If it deters sigma and orissa players that don't understand that ana should be behind them from "tanking", good.

Back to the troubles from multiple seasons ago. Last season went well for me. Finished Plat in both support and tank.
    This season coming back to people refusing to swap to counter or swap when being countered hardcore.
    Think I might have to take a bread for a week or 2 until placements are done and people have a chance to climb or fall out of my bracket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well unless it is HALF, it can't be worse than what we have now.

But I don't agree with you at all. I think that if the game were adjusted to single tanks, which would take considerable tuning, actual tank players would probably enjoy getting all the glory and authority if anything. If it deters sigma and orissa players that don't understand that ana should be behind them from "tanking", good.
    As you said to the other person, I have to disagree.
    Having only 1 tank brings up a lot of troubles. People getting yelled at because they don’t pick Rein is going to be the #1 issue ever. Already people bitch at teammates for not having a main tank when there’s an Orissa or Sigma in group, and you want people to go down to 1?
    They would get all of the blame for a loss. Rein shield breaking as he’s the sole target and people yell that you don’t walk forward. Pick any tank other than Rein or Orissa and have people yell that they’re losing solely because they don’t have a shield.
    The list goes on with examples of how this could backfire.
    1 tank might get rid of some problems, but it just brings in much more with even more toxicity:

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    s you said to the other person, I have to disagree.
    Having only 1 tank brings up a lot of troubles. People getting yelled at because they don’t pick Rein is going to be the #1 issue ever. Already people bitch at teammates for not having a main tank when there’s an Orissa or Sigma in group, and you want people to go down to 1?
    They would get all of the blame for a loss. Rein shield breaking as he’s the sole target and people yell that you don’t walk forward. Pick any tank other than Rein or Orissa and have people yell that they’re losing solely because they don’t have a shield.
    The list goes on with examples of how this could backfire.
    1 tank might get rid of some problems, but it just brings in much more with even more toxicity:
    Before agreeing or disagreeing with something, you might want to put some effort into understanding what it is you are agreeing or disagreeing with first. If the game were to transition to 1/3/2, the game would be changed considerably to facilitate that. Think Brig changes when 2/2/2 was introduced and imagine similar changes for tanks this time. I'd use the word obviously, but clearly not.

Before agreeing or disagreeing with something, you might want to put some effort into understanding what it is you are agreeing or disagreeing with first. If the game were to transition to 1/3/2, the game would be changed considerably to facilitate that. Think Brig changes when 2/2/2 was introduced and imagine similar changes for tanks this time. I'd use the word obviously, but clearly not.
    Funny how you talk about understanding while failing to do just that.
    There will be no glory for a solo tank. Regardless if people complain about no shield or complain because the tank can’t pull the damage if, for instance, Hog becomes some solo meta tank.
    This means that any time someone picks off meta then that person gets bitched at. It becomes even more apparent as with 2/2/2 it leaves some leeway for the offtank or non meta picks; but, people still complain about that as well.
    Brig was also changed, read: nerfed, around that same time. It wasn’t due solely to the fact of the change to 2/2/2. Also, before preaching about how I’m wrong or have no understanding, keep in mind your own argument works against you when you point out how something changes due to a meta change. You use a rig and then fail to understand that Brig is mostly sidelined due to other picks right now. She’s also one of the first support to get complained about when picked right now.

So please, before critiquing my argument, look at your own and realize that it works against your side of the debate more than against mine.

Funny how you talk about understanding while failing to do just that.
    There will be no glory for a solo tank. Regardless if people complain about no shield or complain because the tank can’t pull the damage if, for instance, Hog becomes some solo meta tank.
    This means that any time someone picks off meta then that person gets bitched at. It becomes even more apparent as with 2/2/2 it leaves some leeway for the offtank or non meta picks; but, people still complain about that as well.
    Brig was also changed, read: nerfed, around that same time. It wasn’t due solely to the fact of the change to 2/2/2. Also, before preaching about how I’m wrong or have no understanding, keep in mind your own argument works against you when you point out how something changes due to a meta change. You use a rig and then fail to understand that Brig is mostly sidelined due to other picks right now. She’s also one of the first support to get complained about when picked right now.

So please, before critiquing my argument, look at your own and realize that it works against your side of the debate more than against mine.
    To be clear, you are saying I am failing to understand my own and entirely subjective opinion of how the game could evolve. What I am saying to you is that you fail to understand that the game has and will change significantly to facilitate change.

What you are whining about is irrelevant. If Blizzard were to go for 1/3/2, all tanks will be changed to be capable of very similar things. Just like Brig now is capable of actually healing. Hopefully this drills hard enough to penetrate you because this is the last time I paraphrase it for you. If you have more snark and ignorance for me though, I got all day.

My current response lately when people ask if I can swap characters: “Why? Are you suddenly going to start playing better if I do?”

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them move the game to a 1/3/2 format since clearly there are not as many tanks as there are dps/supports.
    They tried this idea out in their testing area, and in order to make it work, they had to buff the tanks, which made them significantly
    overpowered. The majority of the playerbase wasn't a fan of this idea, so it was scrapped.

Considering the way the game is now, 3-2-1 is a horrible idea. It benefits no one but the dps players, as neither tank or support
    players will like the idea of less protection.

My current response lately when people ask if I can swap characters: “Why? Are you suddenly going to start playing better if I do?”
    Yeah I can't imagine this never backfiring.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2020-05-13 at 02:01 PM.

My response would be 'Yeah, since there's a competent Widow/Ashe/Hanzo and a shield will make me live longer.'
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    My response would be 'Yeah, since there's a competent Widow/Ashe/Hanzo and a shield will make me live longer.'
    Why the immediate jump into assuming I would be playing a tank.

Why the immediate jump into assuming I would be playing a tank.
    Then maybe a Mei/Sombra/Cree/Reaper for their dive tank/dps?

Then maybe a Mei/Sombra/Cree/Reaper for their dive tank/dps?
    You’re just assuming roles I’m playing. The issue is, regardless of who I am on, people asking me to change so they can play better makes no sense and I won’t do it. If I am on support and my dps is dying because I’m playing Brig while they are on snipers nowhere near me then I will change on my own to help out. If I’m on dps and my support playing Ana/Zen are being dived Winston or DVa I change to Reaper. If I’m a tank and we have no shield I usually swap.
    People being dumb and dying to their own playstyle and asking me to change doesn’t mean I’m going to.l as they are just as accountable.

Because sometimes you need to switch and having this 'It's never my fault' mindset is usually the anchor around your teams neck. At least consider the proposal.

i realy wish there was an option to not put me in the same team as people that have private profiles... these fuckers tend to be the ones that fuck off to do their own thing or troll their team the whole match and im gettin tired of it...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Going good, having fun. Mostly play tank/Healer so no queue. I have always adapted to what the teams need, but sure its frustrating when other ppl wont adapt to the situation.

Its been long since I gave a shit about MMR, rankings and what other teammates do. If they dont want to follow basic instructions and teamplay, fine. I queue for random games, I know what might happen. So I have decided not to get angry about it. Cant be bothered. I know what I sign up for. I just try doing my best every game and hope my teammates does the same.

Random queue is random queue. No matter what Blizzard does, there will be enough asshats out there to ruin it for you. There will always be that guy refusing to play shieldtank, or that guy refusing to pick soldier/mccree for phara. Or that moron that always queus up for competetive team games and run every session like its a single player game running off to wherever his team aint.

Because sometimes you need to switch and having this 'It's never my fault' mindset is usually the anchor around your teams neck. At least consider the proposal.
    Or the person asking you to switch to make up for their being countered could switch themselves.

Or the person asking you to switch to make up for their being countered could switch themselves.
    Yeah we get it, it's never you at fault, it's always on the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're asking you to switch, it's MOST LIKELY because your team is being hard countered by something, and your role (the hero
    you are playing) is not being as effective as your teammate, thus asking you to switch. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If they're asking you to switch, it's MOST LIKELY because your team is being hard countered by something, and your role (the hero
    you are playing) is not being as effective as your teammate, thus asking you to switch. This is not a hard concept to grasp.
    Or, they are playing a Brig into a Junkrat/76 combo and asking me to switch, regardless what role I am playing, has no bearing on the fact that said Brig player is being hard countered and next to useless and that player should switch. Not ask me to.
    There’s an inherent give and take in this game. If you’re being countered, maybe try and swap to something that can counter it, not ask your teammates to handle it for you.
    If your team support is getting pounded by a Winston/Reaper dive comp (or something thereby like it, and I use this because a game I was in had this happening), you can ask your team to go Reaper to help with the Winston, thereby taking a dps hero that might be countering something else on the enemy team. Or, you could swap to Moira, Brig, Lucio, or even Mercy (depending on how your team spreads out), and negate their diving you.
    Asking someone to swap when you aren’t willing to yourself comes down to being selfish and isn’t always the best option.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-05-19 at 10:21 AM.

Finally did my placements.

I think they really need to add personal performance impacting your rating gain back into the game and crank it up, by a lot. So many people who are at ratings they really shouldn't be at.

It's gotten way more toxic recently than it did before (while it still was pretty toxic). 8/10 games are people telling others to kill themselves or just being racist or otherwise really toxic. I've had couple of cheaters aswell with everyone reporting them but there hasnt been any action taken against anyone. I really doubt that Blizzard is doing anything about any reports these days and just letting everything slide, since this game has so little players anymore