Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - May 18, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - May 18, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Demon Hunter
      • Fixed a bug that prevented Haste from reducing the global cooldown of Darkness.

Items and Rewards
    • Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh” and “The Final Truth”
      • [With regional restarts] The number of Torn Pages of “Fear and Flesh” and “The Final Truth” quest items required for the rank 10–15 cloak quests has been reduced.
        • Ranks 10 and 11 now require 4 Torn Pages (was 6 and 8).
        • Ranks 13–15 now require 2 Torn Pages (was 4, 6, and 8).
        • Developer’s note: This change will make each of the quests completable in a single Horrific Vision if a player completes all objectives within the instance. This should help newer characters catch up quicker to their peers.
    • Echoes of Ny'alotha
      • [With regional restarts] Echoes of Ny’alotha now drop after completing the quest “Beginning the Descent” and obtaining Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve.
      • [With regional restarts] Echoes of Ny’alotha are much more abundant than before. The droprate of Echoes of Ny’alotha and the cost to purchase items with Echoes of Ny’alotha has been increased by a factor of 5.
        • Developer’s note: When these changes take effect, a Major Assault will award 625 Echoes of Ny’alotha, whereas before this change they awarded 125. The cost to purchase an Essence from MOTHER will also increase by the same factor, from 500 to 2500. If you are planning to purchase a Rank 3 Essence with Echoes of Ny’alotha that you’ve already earned, you should do so now, before these costs change.
      • [With regional restarts] MOTHER now offers Vessels of Horrific Visions in exchange for 1750 Echoes of Ny’alotha.
        • Developer’s note: This is to provide an additional source of access to Horrific Visions that does not require completion of Assaults.
      • Developer's note: After the weekly restart, characters can start building up Echoes of Ny’alotha. The Preserved Contaminants Corruption vendor items that will use this currency is in the final testing phases and we hope to have them available from MOTHER as soon as possible.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darkness, imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror, I cannot live, I cannot die, until this bug is patched

Thanks blizz! Kind of a bummer getting corrupted gear on farm toons and not being able to purge it right away, though

So no corruption vendors this week?

Well, can see corrupted BoE prices plummeting in the AH... speaking of which, would adding a corruption to a BoE make it soulbound?

Why can't they just increase the number of essences we already have rather than devaluing them?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So no corruption vendors this week?
    i think it might be up or up sometime this week, looks like they are trying to figure things out..must have been a rushed job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please reset the echoes and make the essence ranks 3-4 free.

why in the love of fuck do you need to increase cost of essences to 2500?! Now my 350 Echoes are nearly useless! Seriously blizzard, pull you heads from you asses...

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Please reset the echoes and make the essence ranks 3-4 free.
    Account-wide essences? THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!! /s

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    Why can't they just increase the number of essences we already have rather than devaluing them?
    Because it’s not fair for main characters which haven’t been able to farm echoes so far.

just the usual shortcuts added as the xpac dies out, there will be more

it's not like they are reversing their design trend because of this, that would only be evident if they implemented more reasonable grinds to begin with - so we'll see in shadowlands

Just like adding the currency and vendor for legendaries in the final months of Legion.

Of course they know, they are just milking the RNG to increase play time.

The censor in Legion was no indication of changing the design course for BfA. Now they say less RNG for SL but will only believe when I see it live. Torghast was not gonna have timers either but they added them in alpha so....

Nice. Kind of a bummer that my hunter has been getting no Echoes at all, while my missus has over 9000 because she has multiple specs that she hadn't filled out.

Still, I might finally be able to get some decent corruptions now.

This will break PvE content completely. PvP even moreso. But that isnt a bad thing. The Expansion is over. Cant wait to stack 8x12% Haste and see how broken it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big question is if they managed to fix so that you can re-corrupt cleansed items? I have some 475s that either are perfect or total garbage, depending.

Damn I won’t be able to get rank 3 purification essence from Mechagon by tomorrow with the main so the alt that needs it will have to wait, he has 600 essences -.-

My main char never got any echoes because he has any available essence on r3. Now he starts with 0 echos and can farm them while for e.g. my twink can already buy some nice corruptions from his stored echoes. That is imho an unfair system.

Thanks for screwing our mains by not letting us collect Echoes all this time. Great work Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    This will break PvE content completely. PvP even moreso. But that isnt a bad thing. The Expansion is over. Cant wait to stack 8x12% Haste and see how broken it is.
    It's pretty much "everything important has happened already, go bonkers". Who knows, they might give big resistance boosts in the last few weeks too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    My main char never got any echoes because he has any available essence on r3. Now he starts with 0 echos and can farm them while for e.g. my twink can already buy some nice corruptions from his stored echoes. That is imho an unfair system.
    How many items does your main have that you can even use this on? Remember, no corrupted or purged items are eligible due to technical issues.

I wonder what happens if you are at rank 13 back and quest 2/6 pages. is it just going to be completed tommorow?