Poll: Are you happy with the coming changes?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Even if they handed you free mythic gear you would still whine
    Timegates without a purpose and simply for the sake of making people play longer are disgusting.

Good but (as always in similar cases) much, much too late.
    It is just artificially prolonged content at start of the patch and then after 3-4 months suddenly changed 'because we hear your feedback'.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-05-19 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Timegates without a purpose and simply for the sake of making people play longer are disgusting.
    News flash for you the game always had timegates.

Raid prequests ,timegate.getting only cloak ,timegate.getting enough gear for next raid, farming mats.

Now instead of being happy for this change you come here to whine like you always do

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    News flash for you the game always had timegates.

Raid prequests ,timegate.getting only cloak ,timegate.getting enough gear for next raid, farming mats.

Now instead of being happy for this change you come here to whine like you always do
    I said "timegate for the sake of timegating"

There is absolutely NO REASON for this timegate

Proof? You are not able to tell me the reason why.
    And i know you wont tell me the reason why because you would only shoot yourself in the foot.

But lets keep talking to eachother to see how long you can avoid the question.

I said "timegate for the sake of timegating"

There is absolutely NO REASON for this timegate

Proof? You are not able to tell me the reason why.
    And i know you wont tell me the reason why because you would only shoot yourself in the foot.

But lets keep talking to eachother to see how long you can avoid the question.
    Apparently the only person here shooting on his own foot is you with this whinefest.

They are giving you free gear say thank you next time

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    for some reason, quote isnt working. HOWEVER:

Choosing Your Corruption

In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant.

Are you happy with this? is this what you wanted?
    i would be happy if there wouldnt be RNG involved into getting the ones you need.

lets say you want r3 TD or r1 masterfull - well f... you becaue they wont apprear untill july

15+ Year Old Account
    What I didn't want was to get showered in EV loot and then some people get showered in tentacles and gushing wound and then they choose to nerf EV and GW. That was totally awesome and totally didn't make me throw in the towel. /End Sarcasms

They add the catch up garbage later on after you've already quit and don't give a rats peen anymore, they've done it three times now, first with legendaries, on purpose. It's blatantly being done on purpose and making me question if I wanna play Shadowlands. The practices are starting to bother me, it isn't just the bad game design anymore. They intentionally put in crap that gates off you and your alts and your pvp and then "catch ups" are added in later. Yeah... Good going Blizzard, totally not obvious and no one will catch on. /clap

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would be happy if there wouldnt be RNG involved into getting the ones you need.

lets say you want r3 TD or r1 masterfull - well f... you becaue they wont apprear untill july
    If they would let you buy it right away you would whine you have to grind so there you go pat yourself at the back

I am always amused how the haters in this forum desperately try to not let Blizzard get a single win.

If they do something bad: "OMG this is the end of WoW, Ion is the worst thing happening on this planet right now."

If they do something good: "OMG look how Blizzard is trying to trick people into keeping their subs running, LOL. Typical money grab. Actiblizzard!!"

I don't really understand this mentality. But I guess the haters have a psychological need to twist even good news into something bad because otherwise the fuel for their daily hate threads would dry up.

Let's try some arguments for some of the points, knowing very well, that the haters already marked me as a fanboi and will not be able to actually read this:

1) Re-Corrupting cleansed items: They speak of technical limitations but are working on a fix as we speak. It's gonna happen. But I for one was fully aware that when I cleansed my 475 Rings that would be permanent, so I am loosing nothing.

2) Mains not getting Echoes. Booohoo. I played my DK for all of 8.3., do a Nylotha clear every week, a 15 key and 5 Mask Vision, so I do get many corrupted items , so many infact that they clog my inventory. I do have an excellent set up which will not be replaced any time soon. Sure I want to put Gushing Wounds on every piece of gear but that is not feasible without several more weeks of increasing my resistance, so I will farm stuff anyway and get my Echoes.
    This is again the typical stance of people wanting to be handed things on patch day, which is just not happening. The game does not reward you for logging in. Login rewards are for games that have no content to keep people playing.

3) Timegate. Oh for the love of... I can see this forum light up in bright fire when any and all time gating is removed. Two weeks later when everyone has reached the absolute maximum they can possibly ever achieve the forum will explode with cries that people have no reason to log in anymore.
    There are several month till the prepatch still, if you planned on playing until then, you now have an additional goal, if you did not plan to play until then you are not targeted by this change, so what in the world are you crying about?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Don't worry there upping the ammount essence drops x5 and upping the cost x5 so like titen residum between seasons you don't get much advantage from having banked it.
    Well if you have only 500 not really. But if someone has more than 20k than that's already 1x TD rank 3 vs. starting at 0 and need to do 4 weeks 1x 4 wing vision, 7x emisarrys per week and 2x small and 1x major assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    3) Timegate. Oh for the love of... I can see this forum light up in bright fire when any and all time gating is removed. Two weeks later when everyone has reached the absolute maximum they can possibly ever achieve the forum will explode with cries that people have no reason to log in anymore.
    There are several month till the prepatch still, if you planned on playing until then, you now have an additional goal, if you did not plan to play until then you are not targeted by this change, so what in the world are you crying about?
    Is this an argument in disguise?
    I fail to see the argument here...can someone help me find it?

Are you protecting "timegates for the sake of timegating" because without them Blizzard would make less money?

15+ Year Old Account

Are you protecting "timegates for the sake of timegating" because without them Blizzard would make less money?
    It's ironic because he began he paragraph with "people desperate to not let Blizzard win" then he turns around and presents that strawman on 3) which doesn't allow anyone to win either.
    Saying that people will cry when they "run out of stuff to do" is a strawman that you basically can't argue against. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but basically anything is better than their current practice of "random stuff, nerfing randomly, do busy work for chance at gambling, oh we heard your feedback here's your thing 2 months later" and they just keep doing that over and over with everything. Wtf is the point? Just make deterministic so we can get on with our lives and play alts.
    It's like people wanna shame and throw shade because you don't want play WoW as much as them.
    Edit: sorry about the grammar in this post

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's ironic because he began he paragraph with "people desperate to not let Blizzard win" then he turns around and presents that strawman on 3) which doesn't allow anyone to win either.
    Saying that people will cry when they "run out of stuff to do" is a strawman that you basically can't argue against. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but basically anything is better than their current practice of "random stuff, nerfing randomly, do busy work for chance at gambling, oh we heard your feedback here's your thing 2 months later" and they just keep doing that over and over with everything. Wtf is the point? Just make deterministic so we can get on with our lives and play alts.
    It's like people wanna shame and throw shade because you don't want play WoW as much as them.
    I will also never protect something that dont deserve protecting...and that is timegates for the sake of nothing...is my sworn enemy...and i will always fight against them.

It's pretty meaningless to me. I have done most of the content where it would have been relevant, so at best I can equip alts for shits and giggles, which feels like a waste of time with the expansion looming on the horizon.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I will also never protect something that dont deserve protecting...and that is timegates for the sake of nothing...is my sworn enemy...and i will always fight against them.
    If you hate timegates then quit the game they have been here since always

7+ Year Old Account
    Twilight dev costs the most, just as I thought. This was a deliberate attempt at making people work in the game like chores once fucking again in this god forsaken expansion.

I'm happy, I can finally get more masterful pieces.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm happy with it, yeah. The only part that sucks is not being able to corrupt previously corrupted pieces, but it is what it is. Feels really bad that most of the 475 gear I have will be useless now because I won't be able to corrupt it, but hopefully they can find a way to fix it in the future so that isn't a problem.

Otherwise feels like there's nothing to complain about, more or less exactly what we wanted.

They should have also removed the malefic cores catch up.

There's no point in being able to farm more corruption on alts, and eventually even more horrific visions vessels, if you can't really catch up with corruption resistance.

They should fix this asap with 2 simply changes

- Remove the malefic core limit per week
    - Remove the need to do n'zoth. Players must be able to hit horrific visions only and catch up depends how much they push ( with no weekly cap ).

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    No no, the truely funny part is that before I made my arguments I stated that the haters would attack me because I am defending Blizzard (a mortal insult) without really reading for it. And here we are. The first quoter could literally not understand the argument.

Also that people will cry when they run out of stuff to do is not an assumption or can you tell me any instance where a long content draught has resulted in happier players? No, certainly not. You can't argue against this point because it is obviously true.

I just adore how you twist my argument into something about making Blizzard money, you are exactly hitting the stereotype I wrote about above. Thanks!

My actual argument, that went completely over your head, was of course that content pacing has upsides for the players. At least for those that actually enjoy playing the game and do not want just "be done with it". Giving people longtime goals, something to work for while the new expansion is a few month out is a good way to keep people playing and doing stuff with their guilds while not putting out too much pressure.
    It is quite clearly there to kill time, while playing the waiting game. If it could be achieved in a week, then it would not fulfill it's purpose.

And yes, of course it will maybe keep a few more people subbed, so typical that Blizzard is trying to earn money with their work... THOSE BASTERDS!

But here is the thing, not that many people let their subs lapse between expansions. Especially those that have an automatically recurring one or a 6-month one will usually just not bother cancelling it for 3-4 month only to take it up again.
    So for these (and of course I do not have numbers just like everyone else) which I believe are in the majority, this is just something to tinker with in the down time and those that already unsubbed won't need better corruptions anyway, so they are not even targeted by this system.