Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    This is so fucking accurate. Bellular and Preach are the worst culprits for just making content that they think fits the current narrative the best - in Legion, Preach made rage videos about not getting the "right" legendaries on his mage, then when Azerite came out in BFA he said "oh legendaries were great from the very beginning, I loved getting sephuz first on my mage because i could play around it". In 8.3 Preach made a video every day on every different character and spec and couldn't stop raving about how good the game was. Bellular loved WoW so much he wanted to make a complete fucking narrative overhaul and organise voice lines for every single quest - then he saw that general perception of BFA was negative and he'd make more money fanning the flames so all of a sudden WoW is garbage.

WoW content creation in general is fucking toxic garbage and most often made by people who either used to be good or never were good and who simply parrot whatever shit opinions they saw on the forums because making content for angry people gets you more clicks and therefore more money. The people who are actually good at the game often have like ~2k viewers on Twitch because actually enjoying the game and trying to help other people enjoy it and get better at it doesn't draw attention.
    The bitterness is real here XD you need a life my friend

Preach made a sarcastic joke video after getting his first legendary, and it wasnt sephuz, it was Norgannons Foresight, which were useless, as for saying the legendary system was bad? Well, it was and he still maintains that.

You mean 7.3 right? Yea the game was good, just like him i was having a blast doing mage tower on different classes, but HOW DARE HE SAY HE ENJOYED THE GAME WHEN THERE WAS GREAT STUFF TO DO!

Btw Preachs YT channel is demonetized, just fyi

As for being good, he actually is very good at the game, if you say he isnt you are just objectively wrong

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Something he apologised prefusely for, said he got it wrong, and made a new video correcting the mistakes.

I mean I just want to add this for balance here, I was disappointed with that too, but lets give credit where credit is due. He admitted he got it wrong, was very apologetic about it, and made a new one correcting it. I think you missed that off your post?
    No I did not miss it. I certainly did not think it was worth mentioning, because what was the alternative? If the dude hadn't done that, sooner or later all his videos would start getting similar feedback and hate and he'd end up the new warcraftbible.
    Making up an apology video after putting up a video that lacked any clear research and is monetized, does not go into a page of "its ok now" in my book.

He's done the same with almost all his class overview videos, however, there's only one video that was kinda half-redone?

Also, go back and watch that new video (the apology one), and you'll see he still doesn't talk about what works and what doesn't in demo and destro specs. He just keeps going on and on about it being a different experience in m+ vs raids when that wasn't the real reason why his viewers were disappointed in him.
    I can bet ya 100 bucks he still has no clue just what is wrong with destro and demo gameplay mechanics wise outside the theoretical "m+ vs raids" argument, which is why his 2nd video was still a convoluted mess.

But hey, keeping in theme with this thread, that's just my opinion. You do you.

There are people saying that BFA was really good, but to what standards? Just compare them with other MMORPG`s and you can see that WoW is just riding on its diehard fans. After 15 months I got a 30 days gameplay, and to actually catch up is just so odd. Friends of mine get crazy that for every single thing you need to grind diehard the gears. Let me give you an example, you ding to 120, then you got to do some world quests and gear up before doing normal dungouns, then after that do normal dungouns and WQ, then do HC dungouns and WQ, then Raidfinder and WQ, then Mythic dungouns and WQ, then normal raid and WQ, then HC raids and WQ.

And in all of the above you go with your friends and during that you have to get the azerite essences and corruption gear, and the essence traits.

Its just too much for a catchup, WOTLK had a catchup where you could get better gear with the normal dungouns and hc dungouns of the new patch.
    Other games to it like this aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    No I did not miss it. I certainly did not think it was worth mentioning, because what was the alternative? If the dude hadn't done that, sooner or later all his videos would start getting similar feedback and hate and he'd end up the new warcraftbible.
    Making up an apology video after putting up a video that lacked any clear research and is monetized, does not go into a page of "its ok now" in my book.

He's done the same with almost all his class overview videos, however, there's only one video that was kinda half-redone?

Also, go back and watch that new video (the apology one), and you'll see he still doesn't talk about what works and what doesn't in demo and destro specs. He just keeps going on and on about it being a different experience in m+ vs raids when that wasn't the real reason why his viewers were disappointed in him.
    I can bet ya 100 bucks he still has no clue just what is wrong with destro and demo gameplay mechanics wise outside the theoretical "m+ vs raids" argument, which is why his 2nd video was still a convoluted mess.

But hey, keeping in theme with this thread, that's just my opinion. You do you.
    You did not think it was worth mentioning? I mean really? Because it would mess up your angry rant about him?

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    You did not think it was worth mentioning? I mean really? Because it would mess up your angry rant about him?

Jesus.
    And when you are confronted with hard proof this youtubers parse their opinion as fact and speak for the many you quickly use evasive maneuvers to dodge the conversation at hand.

Jesus

It can sometimes seem like they speak for everybody. You have to be careful because they are in all likelihood a minority. They don't even experience the game in the same way a regular player does. In reality the player base is diverse and varied. It just all highlights how important it is to express you're opinion if you have one.

Nothing new, happens in all games.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Blizzard should just remove LFR.
    Many people are saying it on the forums, thats just facts.

LFG removes the social aspects of the game and should go also. Many people would be happy with this and Blizzard is dumb for not doing this.

Can i be a youtuber now?
    Whos speaking for the majority now!

I got you red handed!! Dont deny it!!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Whos speaking for the majority now!

I got you red handed!! Dont deny it!!
    "Many many many many people are saying it! Is true!"

Literally Bellular on his video

If someone does this on MMO-C he is quickly shunned by the entire forum and bombarded with replies asking for "source?"
    But no, Bellular gets a free pass on the "many people" because im just a hater, lel.

Btw Preachs YT channel is demonetized, just fyi
    Fuck this is just the most stupid response that always comes up when people point out Preach's blatant clickbaiting. Amazing, his channel is demonetized, so he doesn't get that sweet sweet 0.00001 cent per viewer w/o adblock.. But he still needs people to go to "Preachcon" (fucking lol), still needs to advertise his stream, still needs a following so he can get paid to host for Method, etc.

as for saying the legendary system was bad? Well, it was and he still maintains that.
    Hahaha. This is just objectively not true, and it's the entire reason I went from watching 100% of Preach videos to 0%. He made a video at the beginning of BFA accusing everyone else of "rewriting history" by saying that Legiondaries weren't amazing. In that video, he said that when he got his Sephuz he was happy with it even though it wasn't his BiS, because he could "make decisions around it" - except that when he got Sephuz, it was literally broken in raids because it only applied on hard CC, which bosses are obviously immune to. He also regularly complained in Legion that his mage was completely useless bench material because he didn't have bracers, but once BFA rolled around that wasn't a problem and never happened.

That single video completely destroyed all respect I had for him because he completely ignored reality in favour of going along with the herd mentality of "azerite sucks and everything we had before was better". In Legion he made videos about how his own fucking raid team were rerolling alts of the same class as their mains because they got "bad" legendaries, then BFA rolls around and he said that never happened and it was just some drama that people made up. If you're still a fan of his even though he has no integrity whatsoever, more power to you. He and Bellular have both just completely jumped the shark in my opinion and turned into money hungry "haters".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    "Many many many many people are saying it! Is true!"

Literally Bellular on his video

If someone does this on MMO-C he is quickly shunned by the entire forum and bombarded with replies asking for "source?"
    But no, Bellular gets a free pass on the "many people" because im just a hater, lel.
    Nice to see we finally agree on something... Maybe the world is ending

While I agree that many of the mentioned content creators make broad, sweeping statements about the collective opinions of the playerbase - what I don't get is why people are unable to take this with a grain of salt.

As a prime example, the OP is so upset about this that they make a post detailing how offended they are regarding the statements made by the content creators they name in their post.

Color me clueless I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SmooshyWolf View Post
    While I agree that many of the mentioned content creators make broad, sweeping statements about the collective opinions of the playerbase - what I don't get is why people are unable to take this with a grain of salt.

As a prime example, the OP is so upset about this that they make a post detailing how offended they are regarding the statements made by the content creators they name in their post.

Color me clueless I guess.
    TLDR:

OP watches you tube WoW video and gets mad about opinions (informed or otherwise) stated in said video, and posts on forum ranting about WoW content creators and how what they say some how affects him.

You can of course say youtubers doesn't represent you. It is a duh.
    but most of those youtubers are not INSTALLED by youtube... they becomes known because they get views

So I am not denying your agency, so how about you don't deny the agency of those people who choose to view those youtubers?

The most funny thing here is that guy who say whoever youtuber is popular only because people forget to un-sub... That is not how views work holy shit. If people sub to him and forgot about him, then he would not get view... find an attack that is reasonable dude.

I couldn't agree more. One of the biggest issues with the elite tubers is some of them carry sway in what they do and what they say and the fanbois are real. For instance, gamers like lvlcap gaming and Jackfrag helped sway some of the development changes in BF games. Because when they said something needed to change 7 million mouthbreathers sounded off behind them a blew up forums and redit.

The biggest issues with them doing this is they are gamers, not developers and the game breaking changes they wanted were to suit their specific type of game play. A lot of tubers want the game their way and use the "community" to try and sway changes by bringing the masses around. I don't see this as much in wow honestly but yea NO, and I mean NO youtuber speaks for me. I might agree with some points they make but they often use words like "the community" or "my people" and they have way less contact with the community they even they know.
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2020-05-19 at 10:30 AM.

I agree with you. As much as I don't like timers, I also kind of do like them. It's why it keeps mythic+ so exciting for me.

I don't watch any High Profile Youtuber, imo they are a plague to WoW or any game but far worse is that they are easily manipulated to advertise shit games or gear, which eventually deteriorated the entire gaming landscape with overpriced gaming gear or gambling practices.

OP u wouldn't be saying that if those youtubers agreed with you.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    How can "we all know this" when the majority like his views and you don't speak for anyone except yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you live on the same planet as everyone else? Where do you get this from? How you watched them for more than 2 weeks?

Bellular is the most positive out there, while Preach is somewhere in the middle.
    I am literally subbed to both. Bell is positive maybe 20% of the time. The other 80% he whines.

Preach has been overly positive neally 100% of the time. Cept for a few times in the past. All of which he was right about.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I don't watch any High Profile Youtuber, imo they are a plague to WoW or any game but far worse is that they are easily manipulated to advertise shit games or gear, which eventually deteriorated the entire gaming landscape with overpriced gaming gear or gambling practices.
    I don't really see them as a negative nor a positive. The only advantage they have over the average joe is they tend to have a deeper understanding of the game.

I don't think blizzard thinks any of these youtubers speak for anyone but themselves. I don't think the youtubers feel THEY speak for anyone but themselves. I don't really understand this thread.

Do you have to say, "In my opinion," before you can give a youtube opinion? That's considered pretty bad writing. It's obviously your opinion. It's an opinion/reaction video.

Preach, for instance, didn't mind the timer because it does nothing; but because it does nothing he wondered what the point was. Blizzard is not actually pressuring the best players they are actually pressuring the players who get nervous and don't want torghast to have a timer.

He feels that blizzard gets into this cycle where they decide what fun is and preach's point was that they really need to stop doing that. The only people waiting on bloodlust were folks doing the highest and most extreme levels of Torghast--not the ordinary stuff everyone needs to get their legendary materials.