Poll: Are you happy with the coming changes?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    who hurt you?
    Blizzard, thought I made that clear

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Feels bad that the currency for this is echoes, so my main that is still hunting for a particular corruption has none... My mistake for getting all the essences I guess.
    I have the same situation

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways.. Corruption sucks. They should have just removed it

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Just shows how desperate Blizzard are to make sure all their players don't just move to Classic. Too little too late now. Classic WoW currently already has 10 times the player number retail has.
    You don't know this by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendevis View Post
    I have the same situation

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways.. Corruption sucks. They should have just removed it
    Wrong. Its amazing. Just tuning could have been better.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are asking if people on this forum are happy with something. That's an odd question to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I have my Ahead of the Curve. I'm not even playing anymore. This should have been in from launch, it's absolutely pointless now.
    What about the rest of us playing the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    It may be pointless for you but Blizzard has a cult following.
    This cult welcomes anything with open arms.

This vendor is not blizzard saying "we made a mistake"

Everything is a timegate to stretch the game as much as possible.
    Seems like a good idea since spergs usually consume all the content by not hardly sleeping for 72 hours, and then complain they have nothing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It would have been good - weeks ago. Now, after many people have sirens a lot of money on gear, its a spit in the face. Never trust Blizzard with money I guess.
    This change is not only for people who spent money on gear. Its for the whole community.

Depends how many corruptions are up and when.

If I see Severe up in the first week when I have no Echoes, and not again until September, I'm going to be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The only part that sucks is not being able to corrupt previously corrupted pieces, but it is what it is.
    Read this several times, but everyone seems to forget

Important Notes

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    well its pretty obviously just a sub increase attempt.

They say its a technical limitation they may change but now you have to hope an item drop doesnt corrupt so you can put the corruption effect you want on it.

Its a pretty retarded system all around.
    Whats wrong with that? All developers of all mmos should always actively try to increase the amount of people playing the game. Its better for the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zestyz View Post
    It's incredibly frustrating. Instead of implementing this within the first month or so of the patch, they wait until 4 months to do so. It's not like they didn't have feedback that it was an issue. It's obviously intentional and I hate it. How many times has Blizzard done this now over the past two expansions?
    So why aren’t you welcoming this change? Isnt late bettet than never?

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post

This change is not only for people who spent money on gear. Its for the whole community.
    Look, I am not saying not having p2w in the game is bad. I am saying it is really bad to remove it, a few months after you introduced it, in the middle of a patch cycle. _that_ is bad for the community, because it simply makes people quit.

Too. F*cking. Late.

WHY does Blizzard keep rolling out heavily RNG-dependent forms of gear acquisition (Eg. Legion legendaries), only to let us pick what we want at the end?

What is this if not an admission that the RNG ultimately sucks, but that they want to keep stringing us along with a carrot on a stick until it doesn't matter anymore?

"kinda" is my answer.

My main is punished for having all essences and not getting any echoes, whereas others have tens of thousands. My alts that I barely play have thousands each.

Rotating vendor availability is annoying and just an overdesigned effort to prolong obtaining them whereas it could have been regulated with prices alone.

Once again a half delivered solution to a problem that exists by design. I will trust that our power will be less RNG in SL when I see it live.

I like it, returning to WoW to prepare for SL, this makes me able to more easily catch up to push some keys with my friends.

People are complaining just to complain currently. Yes, corruption was a misstake, but they cant just remove it now completly. It will be gone in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Did you read the post? You cant do this. Reread the post. You cant apply new corruption to any item that has been cleansed of prior corruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    literally impossible.
    Yeah, okay. Didn't read the fine print. But while it may be impossible for now, it might as well be possible once they figured out how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    Because they think some randomness is "fun".
    Well, to tweak some of their own words back at them: "They think it is, but it isn't."

Steady determined progression towards your goal is a great thing. This change is great. Every system should be like that from the start.
    Technical issue with cleansed items and unnecessary rotation thingy are a bit sad, but not a big deal, still good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The corruption system can now be regarded as a complete failure.

Not only has the system contributed massively to RNG, not only has it tanked game performance in large groups due to the number of variables the servers have to calculate, not only does add a wholy unnecessary layer of complexity in terms of movement and damage mitigation management to fights but NOW, you actually have to hope your drops DON'T corrupt so that you can add the corruption you actually like...

I suppose it was inevitable the increasing systemification of warcraft would culminate in a system whose internal contradictions caused it collapse in on itself. Almost fitting.
    I hope this stands as the tombstone of that design shift they made all the way back in the throne of thunder when warforging was first introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Steady determined progression towards your goal is a great thing. This change is great. Every system should be like that from the start.
    Technical issue with cleansed items and unnecessary rotation thingy are a bit sad, but not a big deal, still good.
    Blizzard's eight year experiment with rng on loot has hopefully run it's course. Yeah, there is a problem with loot getting boring for raiders as they acquire it. But talk about using a hammer to crack a peanut, the damage their attempts at trying to fix that issue has caused is borderline obscene.

The return to deterministic loot systems in Shadowlands is a god send, an absolute god send.

Seems fine, don't get weekly rotation but meh not a huge deal. The week or so before hand to farm will be useful in case gushing wound is in the first rotation and you want to stack it. Wish it came with essences but better late then never

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Just shows how desperate Blizzard are to make sure all their players don't just move to Classic. Too little too late now. Classic WoW currently already has 10 times the player number retail has.
    Probably the most stupid thing I'll read today unless Trump makes an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    ...right... cuz that's why Mankrik has had queue times at peak hours since the week before ZG has launched and a server can hold something stupid like 7500 people at once...

And other servers have never stopped having queue times.
    Ahhh, again someone who has no idea what he is talking about. There are different types of queues. Queue times on classic servers are due to an arbitrary server cap. Retail servers don't have server caps and the only queue times that are happening on retail are due to login queues, which only happened at classic wow launch btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The system won't be good until they fix the "if you already cleansed an item you can't corrupt it again" issue.
    That is a big issue, which makes running +14 keys probably even better than +15 keys. But disregarding that, this is how the system should've looked like at the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I'm fine but it is starting to feel like they're going to keep holding back obvious QoL things for players like this. Legiondary currency felt like a "yeah let's patch that hole" but now it's starting to seem deliberate that it and this system sucked to begin with.
    It is quite obvious that Blizzard wants you to keep progressing in power. We don't have the data, but it is very likely that a lack of gear progression correlated to a player drop-off. I think they just do not want players get their BiS stuff too quickly, but due to m+ this is difficult.

I am pretty worried about SL, that with the removal of TF and all RNG on gear besides sockets, that people will literally have almost no gear progression after like week 3 of a tier.

So the question is, assuming a reasonable progressing player, how long before the the next content patch should you reach BiS? I think that without TF and Corruption/being able to buy corruption, we would've reached that point way to soon.

It is, what I wanted, but it is way too late.

Not because of ridiculous p2w and RMT things, which are almost amusing to read complaints about, but because my time in BfA is simply over.

Bfa was an okay expansion and I have not stopped, because I didn´t like it, but just ~4 weeks ago I had nothing more to do that grabbed my interest, so I consider BfA as finished for me and I am waiting for SL.

I had really bad luck for weeks and I farmed like a madman to get the corruptions I wanted, but always just got the same 2-3 weak corruptions on the same 3 item slots.

The system was frustrating and this new vendor model could have made it SO much better.

But it is simply too late for me now.

OK, could someone please explain to me how I start earning Echoes on my main. I need to grind a rank 3 on an alt that my main does not already have? Or I start earning them now on the fully stacked main as well?
    Last edited by Kurrelurre; 2020-05-19 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurrelurre View Post
    OK, could someone please explain to me how I start earning Echoes on my main. I need to grind a rank 3 on an alt that my main does not already have? Or I start earning them now on the fully stacked main as well?
    From the nest reset week you'll be able to earn Echoes on your main if you finished legendary cloak quest.