Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5.

You were saying?
    So you completely glossed over the rest of my post where I quoted that exact line and pointed out how it wasn't an explanation for why they're increasing the cost of essences? I even addressed the fact that increasing the drop rate benefits everyone yet increasing the cost disadvantages everyone and does the exact opposite of what they're claiming. "players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them" are still behind those who have been and are at a bigger disadvantage if they want to work towards essences for alts before they get started on corruptions and current players now have to earn even more echoes to purchase the essences they have been working towards even if they are slightly ahead on getting corruptions.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I am not too bothered with the corruption, I will still be sharding or vendoring most of the loot I get anyway as most of it is for slots that wouldn't be an upgrade. Though it would be nice to have something to spend echoes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Indeed, they seem to forget the grounds for these dropping in the first place. Some won't have seen a single echo while others will be loaded with them despite ignoring their existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Great, so people who don't have alts wont collect any
    But echoes are going to drop for everyone that finished cloak quest. Even mains.

At least that what I understoon from the main page.

Why the hell would anyone in Blizzard think this corruption is a better idea than WF/TF? Just who thought this genius idea????

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Great, so people who don't have alts wont collect any
    With the update, everybody will earn echoes, and will earn them at 5x the rate they are now, which is why rank 3 essences will also go up in price to keep the increase relative in that aspect while still opening up space for characters to choose between essences and corruption.

Indeed, they seem to forget the grounds for these dropping in the first place. Some won't have seen a single echo while others will be loaded with them despite ignoring their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They didn't want this in for the initial release, and it makes perfect sense. Would've prevented people from upgrading their cloak and pushed them towards having more dps. But leave it to you nerds to complain about them doing anything.
    So what? People play the game how they want and not how Actizzard planned it for you to play it?! HERESY!!!!!!! How dare they!?

Get some help.
    I agree, get some help, you'll need a surgeon to remove your head from Actizzard's aZZ

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Why the hell would anyone in Blizzard think this corruption is a better idea than WF/TF? Just who thought this genius idea????
    Yea I actually preferred TF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The reason is to inflate user-traffic on their charts and make the game seem 'alive' to the userbase.

I could've not gotten the essences for my offspecs and would've been loaded with echoes by now in preparation for this. Makes me wonder why they made them stop dropping altogether. Oh well.
    This is interesting because what you say could be true. It could also be a mix or even a side effect of this.

The scenario is as follow:
    You want to play the game and have fun while doing it.
    You don't really know exactly what makes it fun, maybe firends, maybe challenge, maybe farm? It even depends on which mood you're in.
    It's a sub based game so they'd want you to play it and pay and they can't only focus on draging things out because you would not have fun.

The questions are:
    If you had everything from the beginning, would it be more fun? Maybe. Would you stay subbed as long as you do now? Maybe, maybe not. Would it be more fun but over a shorter period meaning you'd be bored more quickly? Possibly. How do they achieve a good middleground?

They can't tripple the sub cost but they need money to keep improving the game. It's solved with more time and lower sub cost. Which in turn mean content draught. Which leads to boredom and decline of subs.

At the end of the line, we all want the game to be good, we all want to play it and Blizzard want a game you like and want to play. Many factors to take in consideration when designing activities and new systems.

Then there's the playerbase. Some want this, some want that and others doesn't want anything. They all contribute to the game so how do Blizzard make changes without pushing one side of the playerbase away? Would the game be better if they did push one sida away? Would the sub model work without droping in quality?

There's also the good 'ol "they didn't know" or "they didn't think of X or Y". It happens as well.

Main point being: focus more on what you like and if WoW isn't the game for you any more, move on (maybe post a "why" for Blizzard to see). There are so many nice things to experience other than WoW

They do increase the gain by a lot to reduce the benefit from hoarding Echoes. I have like 10-15k on my main and that's not really that much if a Twilight Dev costs 15k. If you start from zero, then you need to spend a fifth of my farm time to get the same amount. Sure, it's time but it's not that bad. It sucks for those with zero Echoes sure, but if they didn't increase the cost and gain, you'd be so unreasonable behind it wouldn't even be funny.
    Don't know but I do agree with that person. Corruption is great! (although a little flawed but it's getting better!)
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)
    Depends on the class/spec combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah sadly they should uncap it!! LOL

It's not like it'll be useable in shadowlands anyway.
    You can reach the 125 cap early September at the earliest. If they manage to push Shadowlands out on November, that would give little over a month of playtime with capped cloak (or 12-15 more resistance if the cloak was uncapped) when prepatch hits circa month before SL launch.

It is fine, thankfully they axed all this kind of gear bullshit in Shadowlands and gear is finally normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Not disagreeing with you in that specific case, but to be honest if you're not able to login just once during a whole 4 days cycle then I have no idea why do you care / need specific corruptions. Logging in once a week you already won't be able to afford it, and what do you even need that for, then?
    For the times when you can login so you can play the game and not feel like you're miles behind just because you didn't get chance to login the previous week? Not difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So you completely glossed over the rest of my post where I quoted that exact line and pointed out how it wasn't an explanation for why they're increasing the cost of essences? I even addressed the fact that increasing the drop rate benefits everyone yet increasing the cost disadvantages everyone and does the exact opposite of what they're claiming. "players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them" are still behind those who have been and are at a bigger disadvantage if they want to work towards essences for alts before they get started on corruptions and current players now have to earn even more echoes to purchase the essences they have been working towards even if they are slightly ahead on getting corruptions.
    Because it's not to the point. He claimed they gave no explanation, multiple people corrected him and pointed out the explanation. You said he were correct. Then you move goalposts. You might disagree and find flaws in their explanation, but that's different from "No explanation".

Fact is that they would be at a bigger disadvantage without this increase in cost and drop. They will obviously be behind, no one is arguing that tho.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

3+ Year Old Account
    I can now has all my gushing wounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    They didnt list Infinite Star. Hopefully this is an oversight because this is the one I'm missing everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)
    I believe this is only the case for classes with multiple specs, because they made it so when you got a r3 essence for 1 spec you could then purchase the r3 essence for the other specs instead of unlocking it again... which means pure dps classes wouldn't be getting them. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    For the times when you can login so you can play the game and not feel like you're miles behind just because you didn't get chance to login the previous week? Not difficult to understand.
    It IS difficult to understand. Under normal circumstances there's no reason for you to not be able to log in during that time unless you don't care, so in that case you don't care about corruptions either.

What other circumstances there can be that would make you unable to spend 10 seconds checking what corruptions are for sale this rotation, and another 2 minutes to go get them?

It just weird seeing this conflict. People not caring enough but at the same time caring too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Everything sounded great till they needed layer of dumb, 1 step forward 2 steps back.
    When you end up in a better place than you started, you took more steps forward than back... so more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I do see your point though. All it will end up doing for me is make me cycle which alts I'm playing based on which corruptions are available for the current rotation ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Not to far Behind but still Behind got 1000s on other and can buy 3 or 4 on them but the one i love nope.
    1000s? TD3 is 15000. So your alts/other players might be ahead by 1 good corruption... Well if you've been playing your main enough to be upset about not earning echoes for all of that effort than you probably already have at least 1 good corruption which means you're really not behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    They didnt list Infinite Star. Hopefully this is an oversight because this is the one I'm missing everywhere.
    The list was an example to show approximately how much things will cost, not the complete list of all available corruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    When you end up in a better place than you started, you took more steps forward than back... so more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I do see your point though. All it will end up doing for me is make me cycle which alts I'm playing based on which corruptions are available for the current rotation ha.

- - - Updated - - -

1000s? TD3 is 15000. So your alts/other players might be ahead by 1 good corruption... Well if you've been playing your main enough to be upset about not earning echoes for all of that effort than you probably already have at least 1 good corruption which means you're really not behind.

- - - Updated - - -

The list was an example to show approximately how much things will cost, not the complete list of all available corruptions.
    Uhh, the best corruptions are Masterful 3, Severe 3, IT1, Gushing wound.

Note that they're all very low corruption things. If Echoing Void 3 is any indication (in that costs are not related to how good it is), someone with 25k echoes could probably buy 5 gushing wounds on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Yeah, I get it man! I just think we're very good at telling them what we don't like instead of what we instead do like. I'm just trying to be positive, the world needs more happiness and sometimes you have to look for it in the smalest things
    the world's "happiness" is not going to be enhanced by people failing to criticize a decision that they don't like by a billion dollar corporation

nor is happiness enhanced by accepting PR nonsense without questioning it.