Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They let the horde live. Nothing more evil than that tbh.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think the problem you are going to run into is in WCI and II the alliance were written as the actual unambiguous good guys and the horde are written as the unambiguous bad guys. Then when you factor in that during WoW the alliance are written as a painfully generic reactive lawful boring faction and it just gets worse.*

*Dont even get me started on the missed story potential of political infighting being an alliance essentially be erased by creating the post of blue warchief (because they couldn't be bothered writing multiple characters per patch in the alliance side). And now the hilarity that the horde is going to be ruled by a council, blizzard are clowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Their crimes against nuance.

Killing the Stonespire Tribe is among the only ones that would rank in a list that also included the Horde, since they were massacred solely so that the dwarves could loot shit that was on their land, outside of any warfare. By comparison shit like Brennadam from the Horde or Comrade Umbric telling you that the only thing Gallywix's waitresses have to lose are their chains (that connect them to their mortal coil) is at least part of some ongoing conflict.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-05-19 at 12:03 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Not fully on topic but as a more or less only Horde Player I'll give my two cents about my one of the reason for dislike the alliance.

Simple answer; Theramore. They build a fortified settlment on the boundary of native Horde lands. Use it as a staging ground to invade said lands. Then act like its destruction is somehow evil. The fact writers of wow don't realise that Thermores destruction was perfectly validly just because the ineffectual leader of the city failed to enforce her pacifist ideals.

Imagine that in a real life situation. If china settled a island of the coast of American and turned it into a forfited military staging ground. It would be considered a vaild target.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Killing the Stonespire Tribe is among the only ones that would rank in a list that also included the Horde, since they were massacred solely so that the dwarves could loot shit that was on their land, outside of any warfare. By comparison shit like Brennadam from the Horde or Comrade Umbric telling you that the only thing Gallywix's waitresses have to lose are their chains (that connect them to their mortal coil) is at least part of some ongoing conflict.
    Damn... now I wish Umbric said this verbatim in the quest and I'm a little sad he doesn't !

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Killing Rastakhan? And invading Dazar'alor
    OP asked for evil stuff, not greatest

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Not fully on topic but as a more or less only Horde Player I'll give my two cents about my one of the reason for dislike the alliance.

Simple answer; Theramore. They build a fortified settlment on the boundary of native Horde lands. Use it as a staging ground to invade said lands. Then act like its destruction is somehow evil. The fact writers of wow don't realise that Thermores destruction was perfectly validly just because the ineffectual leader of the city failed to enforce her pacifist ideals.

Imagine that in a real life situation. If china settled a island of the coast of American and turned it into a forfited military staging ground. It would be considered a vaild target.
    The main problem with Theramore is that it was erected at a time when the Eastern Kingdoms were supposedly lost entitely, being the last bastion of human and dwarves and high elves on Azeroth. And it was established far from the fertile lands of Mulgore or even Durotar.

When the devastation of the Scourge + Legion was tonned down a lot, it left it in a strange position. Then Blizzard did an awful work with Cataclysm + Wolfheart so that it becomes almost impossible to know who struck first.

I think Garrosh assaulted Ashenvale first but it's not clear at all and even if he does, the timeline there makes no fucking sense whatsoever (if Genn is here, the Horde have already invaded Gilneas and yet the Alliance can travel freely toward Teldrassil and then Ashenvale without much difficulty and no mention of Theramore's forces pressing North) and is one of the many mistakes which made the whole Cataclysm Era a mess.

As a side note, I'd point out to Hammerfall (Hammerfell?) And Stonard for locations the Horde parked just next to Alliance lands - I guess Grom'gol could count also but it seems to be farther away ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    OP asked for evil stuff, not greatest
    It would have been great if Anduin and Jaina had used their brains.

Invading an hostile's nation capital to only inflict minimum casualties is a dumb plan.

If they truly wanted the Zandalari to reconsider their alliance with the Horde, they should have destroyed Dazar'alor as much as possible and outright demolished their future ability to wage war. Which includes a lot of civilian casualties.

It'd also served as a clear warning to other neutral or Horde leaning groups (such as the Vulperas) that helping the Horde meant utter destruction.

As it was waged, all that Dazar'alor assault ever could have produced was cementing the hold of the Horde on Zandalar. And it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    The main problem with Theramore is that it was erected at a time when the Eastern Kingdoms were supposedly lost entitely, being the last bastion of human and dwarves and high elves on Azeroth. And it was established far from the fertile lands of Mulgore or even Durotar.

When the devastation of the Scourge + Legion was tonned down a lot, it left it in a strange position. Then Blizzard did an awful work with Cataclysm + Wolfheart so that it becomes almost impossible to know who struck first.

I think Garrosh assaulted Ashenvale first but it's not clear at all and even if he does, the timeline there makes no fucking sense whatsoever (if Genn is here, the Horde have already invaded Gilneas and yet the Alliance can travel freely toward Teldrassil and then Ashenvale without much difficulty and no mention of Theramore's forces pressing North) and is one of the many mistakes which made the whole Cataclysm Era a mess.

As a side note, I'd point out to Hammerfall (Hammerfell?) And Stonard for locations the Horde parked just next to Alliance lands - I guess Grom'gol could count also but it seems to be farther away ?
    My issue with Theramore is less that it exists because the Horde absolutely does the same thing but the in universe reaction to its destruction. If stonard, hammerfall or any other such base was destroyed id agree those were vaild.

The neutral factions decry the Horde destroying Theramore. Why? Because Jaina is a pacifist? Her city state wasn't it was being used as a staging ground. Etc etc. The Horde were already at war and theramore soldiers attack orcs in durotar. So their not neutral.

For me it just highlights the Horde is still a faction of outcasts. The neutral factions are all allaince leaning. For what its worth the "Family of Outcasts" is the version of the Horde i like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Displacing native trolls, the Alliance hate the Horde because they had to go through what they did to trolls.

I think that the Theramore outcry comes from a) the means of its destruction and b) it was Garrosh who ordered it - and I think at that point he had already stated that he wanted to wipe out all non Hordes, at least on Kalimdor ?

The Purge of Dalaran was undoubtedly evil, but not sanctioned by Varian so I' m not sure that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Not to mentioned it was retconned to Jaina teleporting people into prisons, and only killing those that fought back.

Not super heinous to me.
    Even with such a retcon, its still a pogrom. Forcibly driving out all members of an ethnic group from their homes because of the actions of one individual is very much heinous; I don't think I need to list the countless real world examples to demonstrate that.

I mean if you play the Alliance side of the scenario its very explicit: those "fighting back" which you are told to kill include civilian shopkeepers who don't want to abandon their homes and livelihoods, a man trying to withdraw his money from the bank before he leaves, and the flight-masters who are providing the fleeing civilians a way to escape. I can't think of any way that would not be classified as unjustified murder.
    Last edited by Tharivor; 2020-05-19 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not ending the Horde when they had the chance.
    And vice versa with Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Shot and sank numerous goblin ships fleeing from Kezan. The Purge of Dalaran. The burning of Camp Taurajo.

Just to name a few.
    Genocide of Stonespire Tribe.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I suppose, but compared to what else goes on in WoW, being put in prison and being let out again later is nothing.
    Being violently driven from your home and killed if you resist is pretty much the worst that can happen to you aside from actually dying, and thats ignoring the many who did die for the terrible crime of not wanting to abandon their homes. By the logic of "worse things happen in WoW", Theramore was a great mercy because hey at least he didn't feed their souls to the Legion. In the modern world it would be defined as a War Crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol now I wonder how long a Horde version of this thread would be.
    Depends whether you treat the warchief as legal. Apparently, Alliance always consider warchief illegal, as opposed to rebels.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Damn... now I wish Umbric said this verbatim in the quest and I'm a little sad he doesn't !
    We can only hope they play into his fandom characterization for future releases. The guy just comes across as a bit of a dope.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    Even with such a retcon, its still a pogrom. Forcibly driving out all members of an ethnic group from their homes because of the actions of one individual is very much heinous; I don't think I need to list the countless real world examples to demonstrate that.

I mean if you play the Alliance side of the scenario its very explicit: those "fighting back" which you are told to kill include civilian shopkeepers who don't want to abandon their homes and livelihoods, a man trying to withdraw his money from the bank before he leaves, and the flight-masters who are providing the fleeing civilians a way to escape. I can't think of any way that would not be classified as unjustified murder.
    Actually, Alliance side the guy at the bank is said to try and rob it before high-tailing. And I think the others are also depicted as kind of shady ? I need to do this questline again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post

1) It's not an ethnic group.
    2) They were offered the chance to leave the city peacefully. In spite of overwhelming odds against him, Aethas refused to listen to Jaina. He is equally guilty for whoever died in that Purge.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Shot and sank numerous goblin ships fleeing from Kezan. The Purge of Dalaran. The burning of Camp Taurajo.

Just to name a few.
    Were any of these sanctioned by the leadership of the alliance though?

I'm not sure about the goblin ships one (genuinely don't know, but i know it happened), Purge of Dalaran was by Jaina and Vereesa's factions within the Kirin Tor (and supposedly happened at a time where Varian was trying to bring the Belves back to the alliance - therefore i don't know that this would count as being sanctioned by the leaders either).
    As for Turajo, unless im mistaken, didn't most of them die to the quillboar or whatever when they ran towards RFK, after the alliance soldiers were told to create gaps for the civilians to run through?

Technically all of the actions are bad, but im really not sure any of them were sanctioned by anyone speaking for the alliance.