Poll: Who lost its soul?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I wonder how many times you have to repeat this until people understand.

I bet you have this response in a notepad somewhere to copy/paste by now, I've definitely seen it before. :P
    No, don't have it in notepad. Might be an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    If we got one dollar each Moana for everytime someone misused the term MAU we would be drunk together on an island we bought for that money.
    I could use the bucks. A fully-stocked island isn't a bad idea either
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Feel free to share with us how i should call people who play wow for 10+ years without demeaning them.

Im waiting.
    Simply a player, and if you want that much to give importance to your own background, then you can go for a long-time player. But it actually doesn't matter in WoW because of how the game evolved, and with that its rules. I've never considered myself as a veteran (and since we're talking background, I've been around since Vanilla), especially because of how the philosophy of the designers changed. I think you'll agree with me, but the current game is nothing like how Vanilla used to be. Also it's way too serious for WoW.

LK and MOP spoiled me (I knew how good the game was and could be till the current goofs destroyed it), the game over-all was great in LK and the classes were a blast in MOP, right up until the WOD (the start of pruning) class changes hit I was still maxing out alts and having fun, after that it all went shit and I blame that on the Dev's (it was just about an overnight thing for me when wow lost it's "fun") if it was a slow drawn out thing, It would have been me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its a very easy question to answer...

Just look at Classic and how many people came back to world of warcraft... its is 100% clear that with time... the develpers lost touch from reality.

But thanks God, blizzard made classic and it opend their eyes again, making them understand that so many core things of classic makes the game much much better.

Dont go all crazy now, I love the current WoW and shadowlands looks like it will be a mix of Classic and current wow... to me it will be one of the best expansions they will ever make.

but this is Normal, sometimes when you work with stuff over a long time... you lose kinda touch on what really made World of Warcraft a great game and brought people together.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Can anyone convince me why Shadowlands might be worth playing (Horde PoV). Is there anything good in the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Can anyone convince me why Shadowlands might be worth playing (Horde PoV). Is there anything good in the expansion?
    If you want to hate it, you will hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If you want to hate it, you will hate it.
    Just curious what Blizzard will do about the failure that was BFA.

I see a large portion of the Cutting Edge guilds on my old retail realm died and I hear many are struggling to get raids going. Even from current retail players I hear BFA is just terrible and needs to end soon.

But even if BFA ends/is over. What then? Is shadowlands going to fix anything that is broken in BfA. Like being pidgeonholed in playing a (broken) spec instead of a whole class? Or the forced and/or gated grinds? The RNGjezus TF loot?

I am wondering if Blizz will bring anything interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Just curious what Blizzard will do about the failure that was BFA.

I see a large portion of the Cutting Edge guilds on my old retail realm died and I hear many are struggling to get raids going. Even from current retail players I hear BFA is just terrible and needs to end soon.

But even if BFA ends/is over. What then? Is shadowlands going to fix anything that is broken in BfA. Like being pidgeonholed in playing a (broken) spec instead of a whole class? Or the forced and/or gated grinds? The RNGjezus TF loot?

I am wondering if Blizz will bring anything interesting
    There are plenty of posts on the front page that will answer your question.

I can't believe anyone can pin this exclusively on the playerbase with a straight face, which truthfully has changed as well. However, for whatever reasons (feel free to speculate) and to whatever taste one might have, the game has objectively changed in its core systems starting with WoD. Things like gearing, gated flying and rental power systems among others were never under such iterations or without a deterministic alternative. Whether that's good or bad is beside the point, it's just it is inherently a different game at some of its core systems and there's no way to brush this under the carpet.

The current divergence between retail and Classic WoW is the best case scenario that could've happened. Take what you like, leave what you don't. Retail had to evolve. Having to work and other responsibilities make it hard to keep up with things even in retail, let alone in a game that is as time-demanding as Classic, often resulting in players taking a brake.