Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    each exp ?
    Classic: best : both plaguelands, so emotional, also if i must EPL would be over WPL, and i bet lot of ppl will favor them too
    worst : eh... barrens was horrible, yes meme worthy but horrible, Silithus is worse but Silithus is very late end game and u can technically avoid it (since it was empty anyway before patch 1.7 if i remember right), Barrens on other hand is a must if u want to lvl horde, it maybe the reason why i was alliance during classic, not to mention humans starting zones were best starting zones

TBC: best : Ghostlands, yes Ghostlands for me, also i love every TBC zone, Ghostlands specially is best, amazing quests, amazing music, amazing atmosphere, its only drawback it is a very early starting zone
    worst : Azuramist Isle? the 2nd zone for Draenei, for some reason it never ticked to me, felt so disjointed and i was like what am i doing here exactly ? belf spies evil cool, then demons, natives? i'm the alien here not them, it feels to me i'm trying to act innocent while they are 100% right to be worried from an invading alien who crashed and ruined the atmosphere, an alien that remind u look exactly like a demon, yet i act so 'innocent' it is disgusting, Draenei should know that ppl are 100% correct to be suspicious of them

Wrath : best : Howling Fjord, I'm tempted to type every single zone of wrath but if i must favor Howling Fjord, if i have to pick 1 zone in wow to earn 10/10 it will be Howling Fjord, it is just too perfect, the best i ever want in wow
    worst : still MILES ahead and still great, the 'least' fav zone for me was Borean Tundra only because its soundtrack was boring, still amazing quests amazing atmosphere amazing theme, wrath for me just even think about it makes me feel joy

Cata : best and worst : Vashir, the zone looks amazing, music amazing, quests in 3d specially i nearly days was absolute nightmare, this zone is for me easily both the best in cata and the worst at same time

MoP : best : Barrens revamp : yeah i think it shouldn't be ranked but i didn't like any MoP zone at all, my least fav is Isle of Thunder, if barrens revamp that was temp in game doesn't count then i pick isle of thunder, MoP so far is only exp i ever played wow with music off
    worst : the Towling Stepps or whatever its name, most north western zone, they made the most peaceful race warmonger which i really hated

WoD : best : Nagrand, it use same music as the TBC one so of course Nagrand wins for me, also shadowmoon valley still looks great but Nagrand easy win
    worst : Spires of Arak probably the most due to lot of mountains, or Gorgond because i hated its music, i turn off sound as soon i enter it

Legion : best : Sarumar, easy win i bet for everyone
    worst : Highmountain, without flying enjoy the 10 min run for just get up to next road -.-

BFA : best : Zandalar itself : it is as great as i hoped it to be
    worst : both patch .2 zones, mechagon is too generic boring and Nazjhatar for what i was expecting the peak of Naga civilization was just some mountains with water background
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    So for me, I'd have to say:

Classic (Best): Duskwood/Silverpine, both had amazing atmosphere and were creepy as hell
    Classic (Worst): Azshara, it was just... empty

BC (Best): Blade's Edge, super cool design and it was just fun to level through
    BC (Worst): Terokkar, I remember literally nothing worthwhile from this zone; dungeons got old really quick

Wrath (Best): This is probably the hardest choice because ALL the zones were good; I'd have to say either Dragonblight or Icecrown
    Wrath (Worst): Crystalsong, simply because there wasn't much to do there

Cata (Best): Uldum, and it is to this day my favorite zone in the entire game
    Cata (Worst): Hyjal, felt like it just dragged on and I was very bored while questing

MoP (Best): Dread Wastes, love the Mantid and the entirety of the story there, it was fantastic
    MoP (Worst): Townlong Steppes, again it just... bored me

WoD (Best): Spires of Arak, the arakkoa have always been one of my favorite races in the game, and their storylines paired with the fact that my favorite orc clan (Shattered Hand) lives there just made this zone an absolute treat to play through
    WoD (Worst): Frostfire, not really a fan of super snowy zones, especially when that's ALL there is...

Legion (Best): Stormheim, LOVE the vrykul and the look of the zone, it was a blast leveling through
    Legion (Worst): Highmountain, it just... didn't do anything for me, felt like the story was a bit of a slog

BFA (Best): Drustvar/Vol'dun, my two favorite types of zones in ANY form of media are dark, creepy forests and vast dune seas; plus I love the content of each, battling witches and horror-themed creatures in Drustvar, and the vulpera and sethrak are just plain COOL
    BFA (Worst): Zuldazar, I love dinosaurs... but even they could not keep me invested through the story of this zone

And just for fun
    Shadowlands (Best): Revendreth, do I even need to say anything? It's already my new favorite zone in the game
    Shadowlands (Worst): Bastion, angels and golden plains... boring as hell

cba to go through all expansions but my over all favorites are from burning crusade. just that memory of entering the dark portal and seeing hordes of demons coming at you. and at the time the zones felt amazing. i still enjoy going there. worst zones is a toss up between wotlk and mop for me.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic
    Best: Loch Modan, just loved the atmoshpere and art of that place
    Worst: Desolace. It was fucking Desolace.

TBC
    Best: Hellifre, just the sheer scope and awe of coming into that zone was spectacular
    Worst: Blade's Edge. Clunky, boring, barren, annoying.

WOTLK
    Best: Grizzly hills. Amazing art, terrain, liked the Arugal bit, it had pvp objectives to spice things up.
    Worst: Icecrown. I loved the art but questing in that zone is still among the worst I have ever experienced.

Cata
    Best: Uldum. Love me some Egyptian style adventuring, the indiana jones spoofs sure spiced it up for me.
    Worst: Deepholm. Dark, dreary, annoying as fuck to navigate, boring quest lines.

MOP
    Best: Valley of the four winds. Such a relaxing zone, and I got to grow my own tiny patch of land so what's not to love?
    Worst: Dread Wastes. Seems to be a trend that end game zones are a lot more annoying to navigate and generally quest in.

WoD
    Best: Shadowmoon. The nostalgia trip with Karabor and the general atmosphere was awesome. Questing was generally painless.
    Worst: Tanaan. There was just so little to do, and with that long a wait the zone was really a let down.

Legion
    Best: Suramar. Personally I loved the story-driven quest style they were going for with this zone, wish we could have some more refined versions of this some day. The art speaks for itself.
    Worst: Antoran Wastes (Argus). This place was a pain to navigate. Way to crowded with mobs that would daze you every 3rd foot you'd go without killing something. Not much going on in the zone itself outside of World Quests.

BFA:
    Best: Drustvar. Coming off a Witcher 3 withdrawal that place gave me some happy moments. The story is quite awesome, ending with what I personally feel is one of the best dungeons ever made.
    Worst: Nazmir. This place is just too messy. Not much to love about the art apart from the Uldir area. Basically just marshes and trolls.

Classic
    Best: Westfall
    Worst: Silithus

BC
    Best: Zangarmarsh
    Worst: Shadowmoon Valley

WotLK
    Best: Storm Peaks
    Worst: Dragonblight

Cataclysm
    Best: Uldum
    Worst: Deepholm

MoP
    Mostly skipped this expansion and don't remember the zones

WoD
    Don't remember any of the zones (says a lot about the expansion)

Legion
    Best: Suramar
    Worst: Argus

BfA
    Best: Drustvar
    Worst: Zuldazar

Classic
    Best: Whew, loads to choose from. From EKs I'll take Duskwood thanks to its great atmosphere, from Kalimdor I'll take Feralas, I always found the place to be so beautiful.
    Worst: Soooo many bad ones in Kalimdor. Think I'll pick Desolace for how boring it is, and for EKs Deadwind Pass has literally nothing in it.

TBC
    Best: Nagrand of course. Only zone that actually looks good.
    Worst: Terokkar Forest is just so bland and boring. I've never quested there for long, nothing interested me.

Wrath
    Best: Storm Peaks, against some stiff competition. The visuals, music and story were great. Honorable mentions to Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills.
    Worst: Scholozar Basin just feels off to me. I didn't care about the two races and visuals don't fit Wrath.

Cata
    Best: Vashj'ir for the visuals...
    Worst: Vashj'ir for literally everything else.

Mists
    Best: Hard one here. Jade Forest has great visuals, but I also liked Kun-Lai Summit a lot even if its story was a bit disjointed.
    Worst: Dread Wastes look awful but has cool stories. So I'll take Krasarang Wilds which doesn't have much of interest besides the 5.1 hubs.

WoD
    Best: Shadowmoon Valley, hands down. Looks downright gorgeous.
    Worst: Gorgrond is just so big and visually bland once you get past the giant plant and rock monsters. But Tanaan's also pretty bad.

Legion
    Best: Suramar, just all of it. The visuals, the pre-flight gameplay, the story, only place in the game that felt like Blizzard actually tried with the max-level questing experience. May be my favorite zone in the entire game.
    Worst: Antoran Wastes. May be the worst zone in the entire game; visually boring, far too many sheer cliffs for a no flight zone, and no story to speak of beyond Antorus itself.

BFA
    Best: Nazmir. The place is dripping with atmosphere, especially Bwonsamdi's place. It's the only leveling zone I usually complete with alts.
    Worst: Stormsong Valley is pretty drab and the questing experience is the most disjointed since TBC.

As a new player, and lover of horror, going thru things the first time:
    Classic Best: Duskwood. Has thematic elements of undead, werewolves, and the eyes from the bushes. Also had a freaking Dragon in the middle of the zone.
    Classic Worst: Stonetalon Mountains. 1st and only time I ever fell thru the world. Continued to fall for about 5 minutes and ended up in Felwood. Knew nothing about Rez sickness and ended up corpse running for about an hour to find my body.

TBC best: Hellfire Penninsula. Great introduction to the new area.
    TBC worst: Terrokar. Just kind of boring thematically.

WotLK best: Icecrown. Biggest impacted area with undead, warlocks, and the Nerubians. Also contained Knights of the Ebon Blade and changed small areas with the introduction of ToC and the Vrykul Island up north.
    WotLK worst: Grizzly Hills. Quests were too spread out for my liking and just felt tedious.

Cata best: Vash’jir. Closest thing we’ve ever had to aerial combat. Vertical plane to explore. Also added benefit that everyone avoided it which allowed me to get realm first Hunter.
    Cata worst: Deepholm. Wasn’t a fan. Just didn’t like the esthetic.

MoP best: Valley of the Four Winds. This takes it simply because of the final cinematic after completing this zone as well as Krarasang Wilds. Gathering troops to fight the Mantid swarm and then punching your way out of the giant Kunchong’s stomach was just awesome and felt epic.
    MoP worst: Dread Wastes. As much as I loved the Paragons and the eventual betrayal, the zone was just annoying with the rep quest design and not enjoyable to explore.

WoD best: Ashran. Some will be upset, but I enjoyed the epic battleground when it was new. There was a constant give and take and it would last a really long time. Seeing people come and go while fighting for control of some areas with new cap points to focus on, as well as giving class based perks. Was a fun experience overall.
    WoD worst: Ashran. Much for the same reason it was the best, those things work against it. Battles too long where you have to leave and don’t get anything from it. Cap points to fight over that most people ignored. Class perks that were super good for some and laughable at others. Could become a real pain real fast.

Legion best: Val’sharah. The undead keep where you uncovered some of Illidan’s backstory in game was awesome, as well as the quests in the area. Has the laughable quest line of “Tyrande! Where are you?” That was extremely hilarious watching Xavius torment her while making Malfurion sound laughably pathetic.
    Legion worst: Highmountain. Nothing wrong with the map like I’m sure most hate, but I just don’t get into the Tauren story side of things. The rock people weren’t too interesting and Nesingwary was surprisingly a letdown in this xpac.

BfA best: Stormsong Valley, namely just for the island with the eldritch horror theme to the northeast of the map. The zone itself also has some of the elements, but that one island makes me love the zone. Close 2nd would be Drustvar for the elements of witchcraft, the Drust, and the artistry.
    BfA worst: Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Not a fan of reused assets, and the enemies are just rehashes of Mantid and Mogu for the most part. Also annoying (yes I know it’s fast) having to change timelines to be able to do SoO, and then back if you want to quest in current.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-05-18 at 09:35 PM.

Classic:
    Best: Azshara. I stumbled into their as a teen-leveled undead and the sheer emptiness and vastness of the zone made my teenage imagination go wild. I think that experience singlehandedly sold me on the entire game, and I still miss old Azshara to this day, it and all its emptiness.
    Worst: Silithus. Not a super creative response but I hated this zone almost from the day It came out. Ugly desert full of bugs.

BC:
    Best: Eversong Woods. Still one of my favorite zones to this day, even as outdated as it is it's still gorgeous.
    Worst: Blade's Edge Mountains. Shitty questing experience, difficult to navigate, and quests were difficult to find. I have not quested in this zone since, and never plan to again unless I go for Loremaster.

WotLK:
    Best: Crystalsong Forest. Yeah there wasn't much going on there, and yeah it lagged like hell, but god was it pretty. I really loved that zone in general. It was an interesting zone, and really pretty too. Imagine how beautiful the the tournament would've been in that zone instead of Icecrown if they hadn't run into issues.
    Worst: Dragonblight. Save for the Wrathgate quest, this place put me to fucking sleep. So much traveling, menial and boring quests, and endless snow in every direction. I like DB now because of its lore significance, but at the time I really didn't care for it.

Cata:
    Best: Hyjal. I dunno, there's some magic about going to a zone that had been barred off for so long, especially since they actually made it pretty close to the old Hyjal layout.
    Worst: Twilight Highlands. Man, that place was boring as sin. Not much else to say about it, I just thought it was bland.

MoP:
    Best: Jade Forest, which I think still stands as my favorite zone in the game aesthetically. Questing was pretty good, too. The entire zone may be the most fleshed-out and beautiful location in WoW to me.
    Worst: Townlong Steppes. I didn't care about the yaungol, and I still don't. Story was pretty forgettable there too.

WoD:
    Best: Shadowmoon Valley. Gorgeous zone, amazing questing, wonderful Garrison. It's a shame I was Horde and didn't get to enjoy any of it on my main...
    Worst: Tanaan Jungle.. God I hated this place, it was like a corrupt-a-wish version of Timeless Isle where every fun part of it was gone and every hated part of it was still there.

Legion:
    Best: Val'sharah. I wanted to say Stormheim but I think the smooth and fun questing in Val'sharah makes it win out by just a tiny bit. They're both pretty though.
    Worst: Highmountain. Fuck this zone, it's boring as sin and forgettable. I mean I guess it's kind of cool that there are properly huge mountains but that also means it's a pain in the ass to navigate on foot. It became way better with flying, but it didn't become any less ugly.

BfA:
    Best: Drustvar. I feel like it could've been so much better, but I still really liked this zone. I think it was an interesting experiment in ambience.
    Worst: Nazmir. Just an unpleasant zone, I'm not a huge fan of troll lore and this definitely didn't help. It all kind of melted together in my brain.

TBC,
    Best, Silvermoon
    Worst, Netherstorm*
    (I love Eye of the storm though)

WTLK,
    Best, Borean Tundra
    Worst, -

Cataclysm,
    Best, Guilneas
    Worst, -
    Last edited by Hekazi; 2020-05-19 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic
    Best: Dun Morogh.
    Worst: Eastern Plaguelands.

The Burning Crusade
    Best: Nagrand
    Worst: Terokkar

Wrath of the Lich King
    Best: Howling Fjord/Grizzly Hills
    Worst: Sholazar Basin

Cataclysm
    Best: Twilight Highlands
    Worst: Vashj'ir

Mists of Pandaria
    Best: Valley of the Four Winds
    Worst: Townlong Steppes

Warlords of Draenor
    Best: Frostfire Ridge
    Worst: Spires of Arak

Legion
    Best: Stormheim
    Worst: Azsuna

BFA
    Best: Drustvar/Nazmir
    Worst: Stormsong Valley

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla
    Best: Duskwood or Hinterlands. Loved the path that leads to Hinterlands with the wild gryphons you hadn't seen beforehand.
    Worst: Durotar or Desolace

The Burning Crusade
    Best: Nagrand
    Worst: Blade Edge Mountains

Wrath of the Lich King
    Best: Howling Fjord
    Worst: Zuldrak or Borean Tundra

Cataclysm + Revamp
    Best: Mount Hyjal / Badlands
    Worst: Vashj'ir / Hillsbrad Foothills

Mists of Pandaria
    Best: Jade Forest
    Worst: Dread Waste or Krasarang Wilds

Warlords of Draenor
    Best: Shadowmoon Valley
    Worst: Gorgrond, though it wasn't that bad.

Legion
    Best: Suramar, only because of the city and the quests in there. The rest is meh. Stormheim and Valsharah otherwise.
    Worst: Broken Shore or the Antoran Wastes of Argus or Azsuna.

Battle for Azeroth:
    Best: Tiragarde Sound or Drustvar
    Worst: Any Horde zone. Also Nazjatar pre-flying, terrible terrain. Could be one of the prettiest zones if it was a mix of Naga civilization (like the buildings you see while you swim to Eternal Palace entrance) and destroyed Elven architecture like the Market and Temple area. But it was mostly naga camps.

Classic
    Best: old Azshara - had the eldritch, ancient ruins feel and some really cool things to just stumble on
    Worst: Silithus - mining out here was a long series of corpse runs and it was ugly AF

TBC
    Best: Netherstorm - cool stories and kept you on your toes
    Worst: Blades Edge

WotLK
    Best: Dragonblight - dragons, spiders and walrus people
    Worst: Scholazar Basin

Cataclysm
    Best: Deepholm - I really enjoyed the zone because of how different it looked.
    Worst: Vashj'ir - Just pain in the ass really. The only zone in the game I did just once, was stunning visually though.

MoP
    Best: Towlong Steppes, because Shado Pan rock
    Worst: Valley of the Four Winds - if I never pull another weed it will be too soon

WoD
    Best: Nagrand for the visuals and storylines
    Worst: Gorgrond - GTFO as soon as you can

Legion
    Best: Suramar - hands down one of the coolest places Blizz has created
    Worst: Val'sharah

BfA
    Best: Nazmir - awesome storyline especially if you take it first
    Worst: Voldun - rats and snakes, oh joy...
    And shepherds we shall be...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I am curious why Nagrand from WoD is not your favorite instead of Gorgrond?
    Good question, I guess Nagrand never "clicked" for me as an end-leveling zone, and the WoD one was a prettier, but more boring version than the Outland one. We'd seen it before, knew what to expect except now it lacked the wacky floating islands.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Good question, I guess Nagrand never "clicked" for me as an end-leveling zone, and the WoD one was a prettier, but more boring version than the Outland one. We'd seen it before, knew what to expect except now it lacked the wacky floating islands.
    Haha yeah man somehow the charm of Outland Nagrand for me those floating small islands! and the Halaa world pvp was fun. Let us not forget the infamous ring of blood questline. The best thing for me in WoD Nagrand is the using the wolf mount and being in combat at the same time damn that thing was super fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    <snip>
    Classic/Vanilla

Best: hard to say, but I will go with Tirisfal (i.e. pre-Cata) or Feralas. I love woods, and both had their unique charms.

Worst: Un'goro. Generic dino dump, what a waste of space.

BC

Best: I'm torn between Azuremyst, Eversong and Netherstorm. I will go with the latter, if only because of the wild, alien feeling, which WoW has never managed to replicate, except maybe in the DH starting zone.

Worst: BEM. Those jagged edges in the map were cool, but aside from that, it was such a crazy mixture that it ended up making to no sense imo. Also, questing was a mess there.

WotLK

Best: Howling Fjord, without any doubt. Zul'drak was also neat, one of the most underrated zones in the xpac.

Worst: Sholazar Basin. Didn't make any sense imo, and while I understand they were trying to link the Titan and undead themes to each other, it did a quite mediocre job at both. Boring Tundra also gets a mention here.

Cataclysm

Best: Vash'jir. While I hate questing there (and overall think that WoW's engine manages 3D combat very poorly), the very concept of it was really interesting, and the story was quite good as well. Too bad that it got unceremoniously cut at half.

Worst: Uldum. What a shame of a zone... All that gorgeous Egyptian like architecture, only to serve as scenery for a stupid Indiana Jones meme.

Pandaria

Best: Kun-Lai. Really good story, questing still holds up quite well until this day, beautiful music. One of the most vivid (so to speak) zones in the entire game, top notch work from Blizzard there.

Worst: Townlong Steppes. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but it is frankly dull to me.

WoD

Best: Talador Forest. Lovely scenery, neat questing, excellent music, and all those flashbacks to Terokkar (its MU version) are really touching. One of the (very few) WoD high points.

Worst: Gorgrond. WTF Blizz, srsly. That zone is a convoluted mess in almost every sense imaginable... Looks like some alpha brainstorming that was never iterated upon, and released in the state it was just because you ran out of time.

Legion

Best: Loved Highmountain, despite its awful, AWFUL layout. But the scenery is really breathtaking, those HM cows were actually cool to meet (loved Mayla, too bad that she didn't receive any more screentime), and it was overall something they had never tried before. Only con (and a quite big one) is that it was a pain in the rear to navigate before flight.

Worst: Stormheim. This may seem odd after I praised Howling Fjord. But Howling Fjord 2.0 was quite a letdown, and Odyn (and the whole valkyr/Eyir theme) was boring to tears. It has also one of the most uninspired soundtracks in the entire game.

BfA

Best: Drustvar. The proverbial diamond in the dirt. If BfA had sticked to themes akin to Drustvar's, the expansion might have ranked somewhat higher in my personal catalogue, despite its many other flaws. It's quite ironic that the best zone in the xpac is the least related to the !@#$ing faction war.

Worst: Vol'dun. Much like Stormsong, it feels as if it was built on a solid premise (cursed graveyard/corpse in Vol'dun, Old God influence in Stormsong), but then it went through so many iterations, that it became a quite hard to swallow patchwork. Vulpera guys are really uninteresting to me, snake guys were a mere footnote, and that skeletal troll party, while fun, felt was completely out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Vanilla: Way too varied and numerous. Different reasons I like different places.

BC: I love them all but favorite is probably Shadowmoon Valley, I love the dreamy vibe and danger. Least favorite probably Blade's Edge, but I still love it too.

Wrath: Sholazar is beautiful but Borean Tundra is most memorable to me always. Grizzly hills is the easy least favorite, fun but never felt special.

Cata: Vash'jir is my favorite zone in all of WoW because it is the only zone with unique gameplay. It also has a great storyline. You're stranded by the story, hearthstones aren't an in-lore thing. You're fighting for your own life and a hero at the same time. Also Thrall's Balls. Twilight Highlands is least favorite.

MoP: Isle of Giants is my favorite because dinosaurs. Least favorite is Timeless Isle, really overrated imo, was just chasing rare spawns and got old in 30 minutes to me.

WoD: I'm actually a big Gorgrond fan. Absolutely beautiful varied biomes and very fun to explore. Shadowmoon was boring.

Legion: Argus wins best, or Suromar or Highmountain. Everything else feels equally forgettable to me.

BFA: Zulzudar because dinosaurs. Drustavar is bland.

Risking a necro because reading this thread gave me a lot of nostalgic joy. Interesting to see that there's so little pattern in people's preferences: yeah some zones like Suramar and Nagrand are overrepresented, but you have people who have the same zones listed as best for some expacs, and the literal opposite preferences for others.

Classic/Vanilla

Best: Duskwood, like most people say. Really great atmosphere and questing. For starter zones, Tirisfal is the best.

Worst: Hard to say... the easy answers are the empty zones, but that's a bit unfair since they were unfinished... Don't have any I truly hate, but probably Stonetalon Mountains is the one I remember the least good about... just some typical ""kill goblin loggers" stuff and the zone didn't look that good. In classic, the Burning Steppes did disappoint though. I remember it as being "the main" endgame zone from back in 2005, but I found it to be pretty empty and small, with barely any quests and not much to do. Generally Searing Gorge was a way more active zone for getting into BRM as well.

BC

Best: Nagrand, though it is a little overrated I think. Also really enjoy the vibe of Azuremyst Isle, the music is so tranquil.

Worst: I actually quite like Blade's Edge, though it's partly just that I think the Gronn are a really cool race. The worst for me is probably Shadowmoon Valley, it's got some great storylines but the environment is just "green Mordor". I guess it succeeds in being bleak and dead, but I seem to enjoy the "Legionfel-devastated" zones a lot less than the "plagued/cursed" zones.

WotLK

Best: A lot of good zones, but Storm Peaks probably has the best balance of good questlines and visuals/music. Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills have very nice music but the quests are so-so.

Worst: Probably a tie between Sholazar Basin and Borean Tundra. I actually quite like "Boring Tundra" - the Alliance intro questline is quite good and hte zone is varied visually, but it's got some strong competition. Scholazar Basin imo was needed to give WotLK some variation and not just cold zones, but the questing is a bit of a miss I feel...

Cataclysm

Best: Vash'jir, by far. The best quests, the best music and the best visuals. I was never bothered by the swimming at all, so this is one of the best zones they ever made imo. Just a shame it was not completed. Gilneas was quite good as well as a starter zone, it's a a shame they never let us go back for some patch content.

Worst: Uldum, like some others have said, I hate that this gorgeous zone was ruined for a way overextended Indiana Jones reference. This was an issue with a lot of Cataclysm zones that I hate to be honest, and most of the revamps were failures that have aged very poorly imo. Yes it's true that wow has always had a fair amount of pop culture references, but in Cata they drew it way too far and ruined zones like Westfall and Redridge because of it. I don't even like Badlands much. It says a lot that boring and mediocre zones like the Stonecore and Hyjal aren't at the bottom here.

Pandaria

Best: Kun-Lai. To be honest I haven't finished every quest here, but I like the vibe a lot, and most of the Pandaria zones were quite mediocre to me. Even though I'm not on eof those guys who hate the expansion for involving Pandas.

Worst: Krasarang Wilds. I barely remember what happened here, and the patch dailies were shit imo. Also the zone for that Tyrande focused scenario that just ruined her character (yeah the 10k year old night elf general really needs to learn patience from the 40 year old human berserker...)

WoD

Best: Spires of Arrak. Great questing, music and atmosphere. Surprised this is on anyone's worst pick. Shadowmoon Valley is great as well, but I didn't really like WoD's interpretation of Ner'zhul and Gul'dan that much.

Worst: Gorgrond probably, though I never did Tanaan. I actually like the Gronn and the "plant centaurs", but the questing was pretty poor overall.

Legion

Best: Suramar. Simply their best questing zone yet, though it got overpraised on release and Blizz storytelling is still far below other MMOs on the market. I also really like Azsuna - one of the few cool "tropical beach" zones they've made, and though the storylines were more disconnected than other zones, the Runas one made up for it by far.

Worst:

All the patch zones, and Highmountain. Just bland zones. I also didn't like Val'sharah much, more poor storytelling about Tyrande and Malfurion, and it felt extremely themeparky, with something interactable hidden behind every tree. No room to breathe.

BfA

Best: Drustvar. Again great questing, music and atmosphere. I also like Nazmir a lot for the same reasons.

Worst: Tiragarde Sound barely edges out Stormsong for me. Tiragarde was just another pretty bland zone with an uninteresting enemy in the Ashvane company and pirates. Stormsong had a decent intro questline, but then 60% of the zone was some pretty half-baked faction war and kill quillboar stuff that seems very outdated by now.

Vanilla: I loved original Loch Modan, made me feel like I was hiking up in the mountains. Hated Silithus, that zone was always pretty meh.

TBC: Nagrand was great, farming primal airs is still fun today. Blade's Edge was kinda lame though, with all those spikes pasted on everything instead of making the land itself jagged.

WotLK: Grizzly Hills is awesome, and it has great music and atmosphere. Icecrown was boring though, one big long glacier.

Cata: I loved Twilight Highlands for all the Wildhammer stuff. Uldum was cool but ultimately lacked a lot in the story department.

MoP: Kun Lai was great, especially with the Everest knockoff. Dread wastes was just a blue version of Townlong though.

WoD: I liked Frostfire ridge but didn't play Horde in WoD so never got sick of it. Gogrond was just a mess of a zone, chopped up and redesigned.

Legion: Suramar was amazing, best story of any zone in the game yet. Broken Shore was just bad though, shoulda saved all that for Argus.

BFA: Drustvar is cool, I love the whole zone and the Drust lore there. 8.3 rehashed zones were just lazy for an end of expansion patch, however.