Poll: Are you still mad with Sylvanas story?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Horde Sylvanas story (still angry?)

I think it's fair to say that Sylvanas has been a cool and interesting character since the start of World of Warcraft! Former high elven ranger-general, slain and raised as an undead(banshee) by the lich king, to later become leader of the forsaken aka The Banshee Queen! There always been some kind of mystique and shady side around her which has resulted in alot of players(Sylvanas fanboys) has taken a keen interest in her.

However... Since Legion more and more players(including me) has shown anger and concern about her character development, and where the story is actually leading.

To be honest I didn't like her becoming Warchief in the first place. I didn't think her character fitted as THE leader of the horde. She's gotten five cinematics and alot of attention the two latest expansions. Alot of players don't like the fact that she seems to go down the same route as Garrosh(eventually becoming a raid boss)

She killed Saurfang with ease, Beating up the Lich King, taking the helm and destryoing it.... Like... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

I guess you could say alot of players were really disappointed with how Blizzard was handling Sylvanas character and the story.

However! Blizzard has now explained alot more about the shadowlands and characters such as The Jailer and his pact with Sylvanas. And I must admit they got me intrigued once more! The qoute "This world is a prison" probably has alot more meaning than we realise! And at this point I don't think Sylvanas story might be as bad as I thought! I am genuinely interested with the plot of wow atm, and I REALLY hope they don't screw it up, as many of us thought they would!

So I want to know how you feel about the story of Sylvanas at the moment.

Leave a comment and explain your reasoning.

I do realize now that I should've added the option "was never angry/disappointed" To all those who wanted that alternative just take the "no" option(sorry for that)
    Last edited by The Saar; 2020-05-19 at 11:01 PM.

I think at the end of the say she suffered from the same fate Jaina did. Her character was constantly rewritten to push plots rather then sticking to the actual character. Its why she seems so two dimensional and pointless after wrath. Blizzard should of ended her story and the story of the forsaken with them simply destroying themselves after arthas.

After cata she just gained more and more mary sue powers till everyone got sick of her. The story would of been better if she stopped existing after wrath and bfa was a expansion based of off the old gods rather then another pointless faction war.

Sylvanas whored herself for power, without it she would have had a tough time with Saurfang, not to mention Bolvar.

I'm just happy we're about to get her head on a pike.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2020-05-19 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited to see her head nailed to the front gates of Orgrimmar, beyond that I'm ready to see as little of her as possible going forward.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I dislike her character, and I've hated the Forsaken story ever since Cataclysm, and have made no qualms about it. Their story ended with Arthas' death. That is what made them interesting and sympathetic creatures. Their continued existence beyond meat shields to get justice on their killer is selfish and unnatural, and further damning to their souls, figuratively and perhaps literally. I understand that Forsaken have to continue to exist because of game play reasons, Blizzard can't simply say "ok their story arc is done, let's delete all Forsaken characters", but like Pandaren who have largely been ignored and gotten no lore since Mists, the Forsaken should have also been neglected to supporting characters in every subsequent expansion thereafter, with their lack of story presence being "the remaining numbers exist solely to continue to serve the Horde out of loyalty and gratitude for helping them get justice against Arthas." From a common sense perspective, it would make sense eventually all Forsaken would be gone in years or decades, but in-game that wouldn't be apparent, of course.

Sylvanas could have gone on to have her villainous run, but without dragging The Forsaken and Horde name through the mud as she did.

Poll needs a "was never mad" option.

"You mad?" ... are you trying to provoke people?
    She's not interesting at all, she's the epitome of faulty storytelling filled with retcons, a garbage arc that wasted her potential.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will screw it up. Like, they have already done that, but they will do it more. They showed with Garrosh, that they really can't handle character development with someone like Sylvanas.

My bet at what will happen in Shadowlands with Sylvanas? She will be seen once or twice, be killed quite quickly like Garrosh in the end of a zone, or end as a dungeon end-boss/raid mid-boss.

Her story has ended, she is boring now and Blizzard does not know what to do with her.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

her "story" isn't even finished yet so how can you form an opinion on it's entirety? people like Arthas' story so much because it's played out from start to finish without year long breaks in between. we can see his character arc unfold in a few hours (like a book) instead of guessing what's going to happen next.

I'm not mad about her story I'm sick of it.

Sylvanas does not deserve to be the main character of three cinematics over the likes of Arthas, Illidan and Deathwing. No one believes this is organic storytelling and not selfinsertsaur pushing his fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by morrouac View Post
    Poll needs a "was never mad" option.
    Yeah I guess I could've added that! But If that's the case they can explain in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    You're not a fan of ''This undeath existance is a living hell, but let's inflict it upon others''?
    For Forsaken characters who happen to be villains? Hell yeah, but not the general Forsaken population and NPC's. Everything since Cataclysm cheapened the legacy of The Forsaken that started in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and ended in Wrath: Fall of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    her "story" isn't even finished yet so how can you form an opinion on it's entirety? people like Arthas' story so much because it's played out from start to finish without year long breaks in between. we can see his character arc unfold in a few hours (like a book) instead of guessing what's going to happen next.
    Yeah, people totally can't operate on comprehension of 16 years of history and very easy prediction based on the rough trajectory of how things have been handled before. Plus common sense based on the fact that there is no logical way this can end well.

I don't even mind the villain bat as long as it doesn't oversoften the Forsaken, which looks like the direction - I mind that the end result is a BAD and one dimensional villain, "Victim Becomes As Bad As Who Made Them One #872" which is overdone and robs prior actions of nuance.

If it's a "I'm actually a brilliant tactician operating to do some kind of plan to liberate everyone," it feels like a backpedal as it contradicts other prior actions and internal monologue (which they've done already!) and it falls into the common writing trap of "Why the flying fuck didn't they just tell someone besides drama?"
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-05-19 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Well It's just for fun! I never said "Do you know if her story is going to be great?" Only want to know if you're exited or atleast more optimistic now than before.

The poll options are rubbish. Besides that.. I couldn't care less, I'm certainly not "mad". I want the end of her story for good as I'm sick of her and her nonsensical rubbish story with gaping plotholes and retcons. Not only did Blizzard write a load of shite with her character, they bend the story and events over backwards to achieve these completely nonsensical plot points - no matter how contrieved - and dragged other characters and story lines down with it.

The sad part is, if we extrapolate her story by what Blizzard has done in the past I'm fairly certain her story won't end in the forseeable future.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-19 at 09:52 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Excited to not have to hear her nasally voice and victim complex again soon. Otherwise, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    She killed Saurfang with ease, Beating up the Lich King, taking the helm and destryoing it.... Like... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
    There's a term for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

(Needs a "Don't care anymore" option)

It was pretty obvious that they didn't want us to like her [over Saurfang] in BfA (like, they tried their damnedest), so I lost interest in whatever their plan for her is.

Yes you do sound like you are still mad.

I'm not mad with Sylvanas' story, I'm mad that she's still in the story.