Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    He very well could have been under the legal limit. The concern is if he gets some serious charge for handgun possession.

It's weird to me as an Idaho resident that it's actually a big deal to have a gun in your car in some states, especially Texas of all places. We have permitless concealed carry here. However, this is not the gun control thread so I'll stop now.

I do agree that the open container was bad judgement.
    Hopefully, it works out.

I'm just ready for football.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It all depends on how intoxicated he was, the posession of a handgun while drunk is a misdemeanour by itself, but if they combine that with a DUI, you're looking at a felony.

And even if he wasn't plastered, Goodell's probably going to have it on his desk for consideration at it as substance abuse just purely for the police getting involved.
    Both the things he was charged with were misdemeanors, including the DUI.

I should amend my statement, though. Him having an open container on him while driving won't go away, even if it ends up he was under the legal limit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the NFL has now adjusted the Rooney Farce to require 2 minority Coach interviews and 1 minority Coordinator interview. Still won't change anything because teams will just conduct more fake interviews because they already know the guy they want when they fire their current coach.

More interesting, though, they've now removed the ability for teams to block coordinators from interviewing for jobs with other teams. A rule which gets a lot of use these days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So the NFL has now adjusted the Rooney Farce to require 2 minority Coach interviews and 1 minority Coordinator interview. Still won't change anything because teams will just conduct more fake interviews because they already know the guy they want when they fire their current coach.

More interesting, though, they've now removed the ability for teams to block coordinators from interviewing for jobs with other teams. A rule which gets a lot of use these days.
    Did they pass the draft pick thing with this or did that get shelved?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Did they pass the draft pick thing with this or did that get shelved?
    Shelved for later discussion. Where it likely needs to stay.

Any word yet on the start of the NFL season if at all?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on how the C-19 situation develops. Wuhan is already seeing signs of what is perhaps a second wave of the virus going round and if that happens in the rest of the world and mainly the US too, then well, good luck with that cause it will at best mean a season with a HEAVY asterisk next to it due to many players missing time by being quarantined and/or affected by the virus. Even healthy people report to still have trouble with their lungs many weeks later. If that happens to a star player in the middle of the season, then that's a black mark.

Then again, you can argue that a season, even truncated, even marred by virus injuries is still better than no season at all. Personally I'd rather have no season than one where we have to hope and pray our guys don't catch anything. That'll just make the entire thing painful to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they will go and make it about 2 weeks before a player tests positive and everything gets shut down, like the NBA in March.

It's still valuable interview experience for the coaches, why do you think they agree to the interview in the first place if it's a sure bet they aren't gonna be the top choice? Eventually if you keep getting interviewed for coaching jobs you will wow someone, ace an interview and get the job. The incentive shit is stupid and I don't think that should happen but I don't have any problem when they requiring 2 more minority interviews and neither will the people that take those interviews no matter how "token" you think they are.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-05-20 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It all depends on how the C-19 situation develops. Wuhan is already seeing signs of what is perhaps a second wave of the virus going round and if that happens in the rest of the world and mainly the US too, then well, good luck with that cause it will at best mean a season with a HEAVY asterisk next to it due to many players missing time by being quarantined and/or affected by the virus. Even healthy people report to still have trouble with their lungs many weeks later. If that happens to a star player in the middle of the season, then that's a black mark.

Then again, you can argue that a season, even truncated, even marred by virus injuries is still better than no season at all. Personally I'd rather have no season than one where we have to hope and pray our guys don't catch anything. That'll just make the entire thing painful to watch.
    Well of course you would rather the season not be played. NE looks to be on the decline. Might as well call the whole thing off.

Likewise it's easy for me to want it to continue.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a $ for every time we heard NE was on the decline..

People forget this is a coach that got an 11 win season out of Matt Cassel.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

11 wins with a team that won 18 games the previous season. Don't pretend like they would have continued to be a powerhouse with Cassel every year after that.

Just because I think they are trending downward does not mean I dismiss them outright.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

15+ Year Old Account

This is the guy that missed the playoffs the only season he had without brady
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    This is the guy that missed the playoffs the only season he had without brady
    He is also the coach that gave the Browns their last playoff win.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some buzz that S Patrick Chung was on the way out for the Patriots, with a huge amount of safeties on the roster + a 2nd round draft pick coming in at his position.

So of course Belichick signs him to a contract extension. xD

That contract extension will also make it possible for the Patriots to sign said 2nd round pick, cause we didn't have the cap space for it up till now.

This should mean the Patriots have their whole draft class under contract soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There was some buzz that S Patrick Chung was on the way out for the Patriots, with a huge amount of safeties on the roster + a 2nd round draft pick coming in at his position.

So of course Belichick signs him to a contract extension. xD

That contract extension will also make it possible for the Patriots to sign said 2nd round pick, cause we didn't have the cap space for it up till now.

This should mean the Patriots have their whole draft class under contract soon.
    How the hell do you lose Tom Brady and Gronk and still not have the cash to sign a 2nd round pick? Where is your money tied up at?

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do you lose Tom Brady and Gronk and still not have the cash to sign a 2nd round pick? Where is your money tied up at?
    My same reaction, interesting to see a team with no QB still up against the cap.

They do have a OL on a franchise tag, so extending him would go a long way to reducing his 2020 cap hit.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    My same reaction, interesting to see a team with no QB still up against the cap.

They do have a OL on a franchise tag, so extending him would go a long way to reducing his 2020 cap hit.
    Took a peak at their contracts and surprise surprise the culprits are Gilmore, Hightower, and their tagged OL. So they have levers they can pull to deal with the cap, still nuts that they have 15 mil going to a CB this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be the same situation for the Saints when Brees retires, he has so much money pushed into future void years. If Drew retires after this season he will still have a $22.6 mil cap hit. If he sticks around another year, they'll push much of his 2021 base salary of $25 mil into the future and same problem.

The sensible thing would be to move on except that Brees is still so damn good. His ego got away from him in the playoff game though, which worries me - After Taysom made a big downfield throw, Drew felt like he had to match it and got picked off. Drew Brees is the best game manager in the NFL but he doesn't have the proper mindset, its why Bridgewater did so well, he has the right mentality for not trying to do too much and playing to team strengths, while Brees has spent most of his career carrying the team along.
    /s

Really strange take from someone who so clearly loves Tom Brady judging from his avatar. You'd imagine such a person would be a Bucs fan now and hate the Pats!