Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Immediately become deeply nostalgic.
    Then do something else. Possibly watch these forums turn into a torrent of melancholy positivity devoid of self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Haven’t played in a bit but was curious if wow ceased to exist today what would you do with that extra time?
    Do something else. I do not play WoW constantly so if it were to disappear, I would not miss it. It is just another video game. Plenty other games out there to take its place.

Well, I play TFT most of my free time since WoW is pretty much a dead game until the next expansion or prepatch so if hypothetically Blizzard went bankrupt and WoW was shutdown tomorrow I would play TFT until I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This could be somewhat weird to some to hear but there is actually other stuff in life to do than WoW.
    blasphemy! off with his head

Haven’t played in a bit but was curious if wow ceased to exist today what would you do with that extra time?

This in no way is meant to trash the game or criticize what you do with your free time.

I quit the game due to the covid-19 craziness and just having a massively increased workload.
    Id be happier, i stop playing the game because i cant find good ppl to play with and im socially retarded so my skill means nothing they end up not liking me anyway.

Still come back though! 10 years ive been playing hard for 4 months then my enthusiasm dies for the above reason and i have 6 months off, always come back its like an illness.

If wow ceased to exist i would legit be happier...get rid of that 4month period where i go from being happy to eventually grinding down to being an angry elitest obsessed with the game untill i quit when i realise the people im playing with are not good enough and the people i want to play with dont want to play with me due to no comms.

Rinse and repeat....DIE WOW PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Other games, books, music, television, movies... it's not like the entire world (or my life) centers on World of Warcraft.
    I have to agree what a silly ? here infact im playing alot of games lately but wow is still my main game handsdown and shadowlands looks so good it might take half my time if not all of it depending how good it is.

they would set us all... freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Sylvannas™

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'd never touch another mmo or mmo-like game again. Start clearing up my backlog of games on Steam,
    You know, this would likely be me too. If WoW was dead, I’d expect it was because the genre was dead, or worse, so my fallback of FFXIV likely couldn’t be trusted with the time investment to be “respectably knowledgeable” within the game, as the game would almost certainly be doomed if WoW somehow tanked badly enough to just not exist any more.

I suppose the extremity of my distancing from MMOs would depend on the nature of WoW going away, but if Blizzard’s reliability to maintain WoW was compromised, I can’t see me trusting any company again with the investment I gave WoW.

The infrastructure I see being erected by blizzard to support old games tells me that WoW will exist in some form for decades to come. If that somehow collapses, yeah, MMOs are dead to me.

This in no way is meant to trash the game or criticize what you do with your free time.

I quit the game due to the covid-19 craziness and just having a massively increased workload.
    Continue playing other games. Catch up on series and movies i've not seen.

Currently on a Xcom Long War play through in 'preparation' for Long War of the Chosen for Xcom 2 release (hopefully in a few weeks\months?).

Already have new playthroughs in mind for Divinity 1 and 2's Epic Encounters campaigns aswell.

That alone would keep me going well into 2021, and there's still Phoenix Point and The Outer Worlds i haven't had a chance to play yet, and Cyberpunk 2077 is a thing in the future...

Yea, wouldn't really miss WoW much, i'll be honest, but i'm keen on downing Kel'Thuzad on Classic, so that'd be a bummer.

I'd be bummed out, then I'd probably just find the next best MMO I could think of.

Or maybe just devote all my time to Total War: Warhammer 2 ( and 3 when it comes out eventually )

Outside of raid or begrudging M+ time I've already sunk all my free time into Warhammer 2 for the last like 4 months, so probably that. The next update will claim much more time from me, and then EU4 updates after what feels like 16 years so I'm pretty set for most of this year.

I would deeply miss the community I created, and I would waste a lot more money buying other games to get the same fix this single game gives me for only a dozen bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    most of wow players are gamers first of all, so they'd just switch to other game.
    Do you often make wild, baseless claims and just hope no one asks for something to back it up? Currently, most of the wow players i play with regularly are not "gamers" - they play wow and thats it. Obviously my small sample size is in no way indicative of the overall playerbase, but im wondering how you managed to gather the information required to make a statement like "MOST of wow players are gamers first of all"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Do you often make wild, baseless claims and just hope no one asks for something to back it up? Currently, most of the wow players i play with regularly are not "gamers" - they play wow and thats it. Obviously my small sample size is in no way indicative of the overall playerbase, but im wondering how you managed to gather the information required to make a statement like "MOST of wow players are gamers first of all"
    Ummm observation and experience, so pretty much same thing you did?

I never claimed it to be the ultimate truth, this is internet forum where people talk about their observations, experiences and feelings all the time, don't need to get so angry because someone else's experiences are different than yours.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW ended like 10 years ago and it just keeps rotting rotting rotting along.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Well WoW changed my life (for the better) so it will always have a special place in my heart but all things must end. Though it would be strange to have it just end today! Maybe I could use my time to be more creative but I would probably just end up wasting my time in heroes of the storm.

If WoW ended today, I would never do another MMO again. As much as I enjoyed the social aspect of the game, I have had many friends come and go, and in the end, I am no more or less than I was before I started. Hell, the only reason I started playing this game was to withdraw from an ice queen of a wife without fucking around on her. I no longer have that wife. I wouldn't feel the need to find a different game with a different community because I no longer have a need to find friends I would likely never interact with outside the game, and that's perfectly fine by me.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I wouldnt change anything, but many of my friends could finally play some good games after 10 years of this low effort milking machine.

I would have to find a new game I guess

And that means playing dozens of game, never finding that thing that makes me tick and finally decide to come back to WoW.. oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I doubt many people only play WoW in their free time. most of wow players are gamers first of all, so they'd just switch to other game. Others would just do whatever they do in their free time.

Those who only play WoW would probably need a week or two to adjust then just move on.
    I actually doubt this. In fact, I believe it's the complete opposite.

While the game have become 15 years old(er), so have the vast vast majority of the players.
    The players have jobs, families and possibly kids now, something few had 15 years ago.

People tend to cut down on gaming over the years, WoW is no exception, and thus is the last game they active play.

If WoW stops, so does their gaming.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/