Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Because he's already got a horned lover to smooch on, and he doesn't have the downside of naaru zealotry, just potential old god madness.
    About this theory. Don't get me wrong, but where is it originating from? Surely I've missed something, why are some people implying a lover connection between Anduin and Wrathion?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey you got a cool hammer, wanna marry?"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    About this theory. Don't get me wrong, but where is it originating from? Surely I've missed something, why are some people implying a lover connection between Anduin and Wrathion?
    They had friendly relationship in MoP and Warcrimes novel (until Wrathion pulled his whole freeing Garrosh stunt) so of course the ships sailed with booming sails.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They had friendly relationship in MoP and Warcrimes novel (until Wrathion pulled his whole freeing Garrosh stunt) so of course the ships sailed with booming sails.
    Exactly this, two guys being friendly automatically means they are gay lovers. At least in this day and age, sick desperate people want that to be the case, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperganator View Post
    Exactly this, two guys being friendly automatically means they are gay lovers. At least in this day and age, sick desperate people want that to be the case, anyway.
    Not saying the basis for romance between those two is not weak at best but using words like "sick" in this context makes you sound like a frightened little homophobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Also, the Light was previously shown as a force for good until the new writers came along, merrily bringing their agendas. Hmmm, if there's absolute right and wrong in this setting, we can't justify half the crap we want to claim is suddenly ok. Better make the Light evil sometimes!
    Uh, not sure if you've been aware of it, but the Light-blessed zealots of the Scarlet Crusade - who tortured and slaughtered anything left alive in their reach in Lorderon were evil, and existed since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Uh, not sure if you've been aware of it, but the Light-blessed zealots of the Scarlet Crusade - who tortured and slaughtered anything left alive in their reach in Lorderon were evil, and existed since Vanilla.
    Completely aware of it, and back then, it was glossed over because the purpose of the SC early on was to give Forsaken players an enemy that wasn't mindless Scourge. Metzen never developed it much beyond generic fanatics, and in many cases, including an in game memorial to another developer (lost to cancer, I think?) explicitly stated the Light was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The scarlet crusade we believed were abusing their faith, remember they were being controlled by a dread lord and the undead were in their midst too, so it wasn't genuinely the Light, they were compromised.

Xe'ra is when the Light stopped being this benevolent all good like force when she tries to force Illidan to embrace his destiny, which is very unlike what I had imagined the light to be. It is at this point I think blizzard alters what the light in Warcraft means, does and represents, making it now a subjective force and like the void just a different side of the same thing.

This is what I mean.
    Yes... We all know the scarlet crusade was under control of a dreadlord... That does not change the factthe light just went along with it and let these people commit genocide using its power. Cause they were faithful in it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes... We all know the scarlet crusade was under control of a dreadlord... That does not change the factthe light just went along with it and let these people commit genocide using its power. Cause they were faithful in it

I never felt the Light worked like that in warcraft.. I think of it more as an ultimately good guy, who's first priority is to bring out the good in everyone, starting with each individual themself.

Everyone can access Him too, because they are connectedd at their core to him.

Also every time you use his power you become adopt more his nature, and in order to use his power more effectively you have to be more into the light side of yourself - this genuinely leads to more good.

A person can be blinded in who they follow but still be good at heart, and the light would very much be interested in growing in that person regardless of what stage they are at.

Basically the light isn't going to abandon you because your theology is wrong. Or your leaders are eveil people. The light looks at your situation, so if you are genuinely trying to do what's good, protect your friends, heal the injured and your heart is pure, the light will answer your call. It's not that the light doesn't care about what else is going on, it prioritises you for you, and knows full well the more if it you have the better an individual towards good you become.

This is how I view it anyway. It's not like we completley unaware of periods in time when rleigious followers of Christ were good people but the leaders of the Church were corrupt and sinful and were only in those positions not because "God commanded" but because of politics and the rulers of the people at the time. Meanwhile your average normal friar or brother was actually a very good guy, people believed in God because of that friar and stayed a member of the church because of him, not because of the fat cats in the Vatican.

I mean similar situation, seeing what the light is modelled on in warcraft.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-05-19 at 11:05 PM.

Because Anduin likes big black dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

It would be good for AU Yrel to show up, because all we got was the Mag'har side of the story, and I doubt that's the totality of it.

I never felt the Light worked like that in warcraft.. I think of it more as an ultimately good guy, who's first priority is to bring out the good in everyone, starting with each individual themself.

Also every time you use his power you become adopt more his nature, and in order to use his power more effectively you have to be more into the light side of yourself - this genuinely leads to more good.

A person can be blinded in who they follow but still be good at heart, and the light would very much be interested in growing in that person regardless of what stage they are at.

Basically the light isn't going to abandon you because your theology is wrong. Or your leaders are eveil people. The light looks at your situation, so if you are genuinely trying to do what's good, protect your friends, heal the injured and your heart is pure, the light will answer your call. It's not that the light doesn't care about what else is going on, it prioritises you for you, and knows full well the more if it you have the better an individual towards good you become.

This is how I view it anyway. It's not like we completley unaware of periods in time when rleigious followers of Christ were good people but the leaders of the Church were corrupt and sinful and were only in those positions not because "God commanded" but because of politics and the rulers of the people at the time. Meanwhile your average normal friar or brother was actually a very good guy, people believed in God because of that friar and stayed a member of the church because of him, not because of the fat cats in the Vatican.

The Light is not a person, nor a God. Light is fundamental cosmic force. It is like gravity, something that shapes the universe but doesn't have any higher agenda. It doesn't care for good or bad. Only thing the Light represents is order, and you can achieve order through any possible means and that'll be a-ok for Light.

Naaru, the closest beings to the Light, don't fight Burning Legion and Old Gods because they're inherently good. They do it because Fel and Shadow represent chaos and destruction, something that goes against the order Light imposes on universe.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-05-19 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Light is not a person, nor a God. Light is fundamental cosmic force. It is like gravity, something that shapes the universe but doesn't have any higher agenda. It doesn't care for good or bad. Only thing the Light represents is order, and you can achieve order through any possible means and that'll be a-ok for Light.

Naaru, the closest beings to the Light, don't fight Burning Legion and Old Gods because they're inherently good. They do it because Fel and Shadow represent chaos and destruction, something that goes against the order Light imposes on universe.
    Yes Lahis, we know that, but the personification was necessary in response to Felplague's statement and to illustrate how I viewed it in line with that necessary adaptation.

However the full nature of the light seems to go well beyond an inamnimate force based on how I have observed they portray and use it in wow. Just saying

7+ Year Old Account

The light is/always has been a mix of IRL religions.
    it does not care if what you do is morally right or wrong, good or evil, as long as you follow its rules and have faith in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    I am still hopeful for a Vanessa / Anduin interaction within the WoW universe. I support Vanessa Vancleef in Stormwind Keep. We need another cunning lady to be inside Stormwind Keep like Katrana Prestor...preferably someone less...draconic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    preferably someone less...draconic.
    Well, Wrathion boi was visiting SW Keep not long ago, so there you go...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Because she’s a zealot going around wiping out all nonconverted “heathens,” similar to Hitler, in an alternate universe. Meanwhile, Anduin is someone who wants to preserve life and have everyone live peacefully. He is also a priest, so while using the light and trusting in it he, so far, is not a zealot that believes it is the only way and everyone that disagrees with it or him should die.
    Godwin'd by post 4.

Can Humans and Goat-Squid faced people have kids together? If not then their would be no heir to the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Can Humans and Goat-Squid faced people have kids together? If not then their would be no heir to the throne.
    They can't have kids anyway on account of physical distance issues, so the question is moot.

First he would have to pass a law to allow bestiality

Anduin is A sexual.