Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    What makes you think he's going to take off the mask? He's Boba freakin Fett. People wanna see the mask! They don't care about the dude underneath...
    Even if they take it off for a moment, Temuera Morrison looks fine, a small amount of makeup and good lighting is all they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Boba Fett was really active all the way into RotJ. Mandalorian takes place 5 years after that, do you think hes aged that much in 5 years? He's only 41.
    So active he had to get Darth Vader to come in to collect his bounty.

So active he got owned by a blind man. My mom would've put up more of a fight.

The only way to square Boba's "reputation" with what was seen on screen is that the real Boba died at some point during Empire. He had a stroke whilst taking a shit after the "No Disintegrations" scene and some random stormtrooper decided he needed a lifestyle change. He gets lucky seeing the original Boba already had Cloud City dialed into Slave One's autopilot and the rest is worststory.

Its right out of a Tag and Bink comic.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2020-05-19 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So active he had to get Darth Vader to come in to collect his bounty.

So active he got owned by a blind man. My mom would've put up more of a fight.

The only way to square Boba's "reputation" with what was seen on screen is that the real Boba died at some point during Empire. He had a stroke whilst taking a shit after the "No Disintegrations" scene and some random stormtrooper decided he needed a lifestyle change. He gets lucky seeing the original Boba already had Cloud City dialed into Slave One's autopilot and the rest is worststory.

Its right out of a Tag and Bink comic.
    Vader literally hired him to track the Falcon, of course he would bring him in. He was able to double dip there getting a bounty from the Empire and Jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You don't think a Hollywood actor with access to a personal chef and trainer, not to mention makeup on-set, can't pull off looking twenty years younger than he is?
    He's not American he's a Maori from new Zealand.

Vader literally hired him to track the Falcon, of course he would bring him in. He was able to double dip there getting a bounty from the Empire and Jabba.
    When you hunt bounties you're supposed to bring them in yourself. Mando does that! He freezes them right in his own spaceship. That's because Mando is actually good at his job.

Boba did not do that. He did not do that because he's an incompetent boob. He's lucky Vader needed a guinea pig for carbonite freezing. He's also extra lucky that Vader didn't give him the Sith Neck Massage for being a lazy, greedy, self-serving shit. Now that I think about Vader should've froze Han, Chewie and Leia as hostages. If Luke didn't come with him to meet Uncle Palp, he would thaw them out with his lightsabre. Meanwhile Boba gets to find out what Bespin's surface looks like the hard way.

When you hunt bounties you're supposed to bring them in yourself. Mando does that! He freezes them right in his own spaceship. That's because Mando is actually good at his job.

Boba did not do that. He did not do that because he's an incompetent boob. He's lucky Vader needed a guinea pig for carbonite freezing. He's also extra lucky that Vader didn't give him the Sith Neck Massage for being a lazy, greedy, self-serving shit. Now that I think about Vader should've froze Han, Chewie and Leia as hostages. If Luke didn't come with him to meet Uncle Palp, he would thaw them out with his lightsabre. Meanwhile Boba gets to find out what Bespin's surface looks like the hard way.
    He was hunting the bounty for Vader. Did you never watch Empire?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    So we know for certain Ashoka and Boba will be in season 2.

Is it possible we see Ezra and Sabine as well, seeing as Sabine's supposed to be helping Ashoka find Ezra?

He was hunting the bounty for Vader. Did you never watch Empire?
    Yes. In watching Empire I observed Boba doing fuck all besides finding Han through a plot hole.

If Boba did what he was supposed to he would’ve found Han, kicked the crap out of him whilst not getting his arms ripped off by Chewie and then brought him to Vader in chains. Bonus points for not awakening Leia’s latent Jedi or chain wielding abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    He's not American he's a Maori from new Zealand.
    At no point did I comment on his nationality, and indeed I am well aware he is Maori.

Hollywood being a shorthand for the American movie industry, Disney and thus The Mandalorian included.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Yes. In watching Empire I observed Boba doing fuck all besides finding Han through a plot hole.

If Boba did what he was supposed to he would’ve found Han, kicked the crap out of him whilst not getting his arms ripped off by Chewie and then brought him to Vader in chains. Bonus points for not awakening Leia’s latent Jedi or chain wielding abilities.
    He was hired to find the millenium falcon and to not disintegrate anyone. He did that. If he'd been the main character, I'm sure he would have had a big fight scene, but that didn't fit the plot. There were few enough big battles like that in the original trilogy, so you had to wait until the prequels for Jango to dance all around.

Either way, it'll be interesting how they use him in season 2, since I doubt it'll come down to a long drawn out fight.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm aware of that, difference is that our guy looks like someone who should be able to pull off that stuff, as for Boba...if u want superawesome stunts n then he takes mask off n its a 60 year old man...that won't seem believable..

Rex in Rebels many times shows n says he can't do the stuff he was able to do during clone wars, I don't see then why Boba wouldn't show his age in Mandalorian..
    a 40-45 year old man is fully capable of being active and fit, plus the guy (the actor) doesn't exactly look old to me IRL. older than 40-45, sure, but not out of the realm to think that make up or disneys cg team could make it happen. plus, in rex's case, his increased aging has him mid 50s or early 60s in rebels, of course he is showing his age.

tldr boba is happening, sry.

also, look at tom cruise. 57 years old currently, but was just doing his own stunts not even 5 years ago for mission impossible. you officially get a "wut" for your opinion.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2020-05-19 at 10:14 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    He was hired to find the millenium falcon and to not disintegrate anyone. He did that.
    Ok, then why is this simple gumshoe heralded as this huge fucking badass? Its a nothing character. Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He is but not part of the larger culture. Jango, who boba was cloned from, was raised and taught some traditions of Mandalorians. That training was obviously cut short. But to some degree he is still a mandalorian just not much of one.
    They did away with that lore with the explanations we have in the Mandalorian. If you don't follow the creed, or if you're shown without the helmet on, then you're not a Mandalorian, you're just a pretender.

In the case of Jango's apparant 'retcon' with this, we actually don't know if he was trained by Mandalorians any more or if he'll be rewritten as simply having killed one and took their armor and tools and potential identity. Boba's whole history hinges on whatever the Mandalorian decides to give us at this point, just like all of Mandalorian culture as we know it. It's unlikely that he would have gotten much training from Jango Fett, and we don't really know Boba's history after Jango's death. All of what we know of his history is considered legacy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    At no point did I comment on his nationality, and indeed I am well aware he is Maori.

Hollywood being a shorthand for the American movie industry, Disney and thus The Mandalorian included.
    And what big roles has he gotten that classes him as a Hollywood actor? A small role as boba 15 years ago?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They did away with that lore with the explanations we have in the Mandalorian. If you don't follow the creed, or if you're shown without the helmet on, then you're not a Mandalorian, you're just a pretender.
    That isn't true for all Mandalorians though. Because the clone wars, which is cannon, has shown some remove their helmets. That part is either unique to the clan or added at some point after past lore. The lore of the prequels is not going to be re-written by Disney. And we know from the movies that Jango was teaching his son some of the ways of his culture and "profession". He was a kid but we must remember he is a clone and likely had some accelerated training and stuff at the time.

Boba has lore established in the Disney era already. Also his armor is assumed to have been found and worn by Cobb Vanth which is a minor character in the Aftermath Trilogy. I don't think the armor is every stated to be from boba fett but I am going to guess that the Jawas don't scavenge much Madalorian armor on Tatooine.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ok, then why is this simple gumshoe heralded as this huge fucking badass? Its a nothing character. Always has been.
    The setting is full of nothing characters, so who cares? It depends on what they do with him in Mandalorian, which is what we're discussing, not whatever he did to scar you for life.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The setting is full of nothing characters, so who cares? It depends on what they do with him in Mandalorian, which is what we're discussing, not whatever he did to scar you for life.
    There are plenty of interesting characters in Star Wars. Boba isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

And what big roles has he gotten that classes him as a Hollywood actor? A small role as boba 15 years ago?
    The internet. How does it work?
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607325/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

There are plenty of interesting characters in Star Wars. Boba isn't one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

The internet. How does it work?
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607325/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    My point is he hasn't. That's how it works

My point is he hasn't. That's how it works
    So an actor that has worked consistently for the last 30 years in some very big productions is somehow insignificant?

Disney has spent a shit tonne of money buffing the shit out of actors with smaller careers. I'm sure they're willing to put some work into Morrison to make him look good for the camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it real weird you're willing to die on the hill of "I don't want this one actor to play a dude in my made up space-wizard TV show"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.