Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And there it is. So because they are at high risk they get to infringe on others rights. Right there you are making my point. We are not asking them to do anything. Stay home or go out. This is my point. Because they are at risk and cant no ome else can because thats not fair. This is the classic idea that everyone gets a trophy.
    You understand that those at risk tend to live with others, right? That means those that do so would be putting those at risk. Seriously, do a little bit of critical thinking for once.

- - - Updated - - -

This is oppression.
    You have no idea what actual oppression is, stop playing the victim card.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    93,533 dead; 1,552 on the 19th (GMT). No significant change in rates of infection or increased ACTIVE cases.

Florida decided to let their public death total go to 55 for a day...probably due to the recent news that they're gagging medical staff. I'm sure it'll get back to the "47" that it's had more often than not recently. Seriously, fuck Florida's leadership and fuck Trump's admin for enabling and encouraging that shit.

New cases and deaths continues to fall in New York while Illinois and--unfortunately--California surge to the top. California is actually number one today with over 2k new cases. Maryland is at number 2 with nearly 1,800. Maryland had been in the top 10 quite a few times but never this close to number one. No real way of knowing if this is all due to increased testing or more outbreaks, but either is feasible. Texas also remains up there as outbreaks are reported.

Kind of disappointing news to me since I was hoping we'd be sub 1,500 indicating a steeper downward slope on cases and deaths, but it's definitely not looking likely for the week. I guess it's all we can expect in this TRUMP SHITSHOW.

Stay safe, folks.
    Just to add, while Illinois numbers are continuing to surge, mostly because massive increase in testing, our actual hospital cases are going drastically down. So the ones being positive tested seem to be more milder cases where hospitalization isn't required.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/05...tinue-to-drop/
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-05-20 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just to add, while Illinois numbers are continuing to surge, mostly because massive increase in testing, our actual hospital cases are going drastically down. So the ones being positive tested seem to be more milder cases where hospitalization isn't required.
    Also, they got under 10% of tests coming back positive which is what you want to see. When that percentage starts dropping, I think it's supposed to mean there isn't much in the way of undetected cases running around.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-05-20 at 04:24 AM.

There is no world plan.
    No, there are plans for other countries, it's the U.S. that has no plan right now, and you can blame that on the orange idiot you voted for.

Social distancing and masks are fine keep that in place, but this pussy footing phased openong with no rhyme or reason to whats more important than another. I mean come on.
    The reason is that if we fuck it up a second wave would come and it would easily be just as bad, if not worse, and we'd have to do all of this over again. For someone who wants to see this end you oddly like the idea of going through this one more time.

Closing was stupid because we did nothing with the time we bought by doing it.
    Your ignorance only shows more, if we didn't close more people would have died. We get you don't give a fuck about others, but at the very least you could just come out and say it.

Umm the idea was to prepare hospitals for when we reopen to deal with the surge. So no one who gets this and needs medical attention cant be given it. Now we are closing all these field hospitals and loaning out ventilators to other states. I thought this was about getting prepared for the surge when we reopen.

This is all about big PHARMA now. They have grabbed control of this. They want to make money off it. If less people contract it they make more money. Yall are being lied to by lobbyists and you dont even know it.
    Now we're in the big pharma conspiracy now. Exactly how would less people getting the disease mean more money for them?

No the people saying they are manipulating numbers
    In the beginning they labeled deaths as Covid because of the numbers early on, but now those have been changed and that's not the case currently.

So one death is what brings you to believe that all of them are being mislabeled? How do you even come to a conclusion like that?

Hydoxy is cheap to make and can be manufactured by many companies. Gilead owns remdesivir. Theres your big pharma money grab.
    It's also proven to not really do a damn thing about this virus.

Catching up on some news from the day and just read '"I didn’t know that he would be so sensitive, he’s always talking about other people’s weight,” she said, before adding, “I think he should recognize his words weigh a ton"' and now I am laughing so hard at how fucking savage Pelosi is it's actually aggravating a rib injury from last year.

Catching up on some news from the day and just read '"I didn’t know that he would be so sensitive, he’s always talking about other people’s weight,” she said, before adding, “I think he should recognize his words weigh a ton"' and now I am laughing so hard at how fucking savage Pelosi is it's actually aggravating a rib injury from last year.
    No surprise Trump is acting the way he is, he can dish it out but can't take it. Still funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No surprise Trump is acting the way he is, he can dish it out but can't take it. Still funny though.
    He can't even really dish it out. All of his insults amount to "He/She's a big, dumb, poopyhead". He never rose above a gradeschool playground level of throwing shade.

He can't even really dish it out. All of his insults amount to "He/She's a big, dumb, poopyhead". He never rose above a gradeschool playground level of throwing shade.
    That's true enough, Trump has low energy. Sad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, Trump retweeted this;
    There is the morbidly obese irony of Trump lying about 20,000 times, then claiming someone else has broken the public's trust in government.

Does hydrochoroquine cure the cancer caused by windmills? Asking for a serial liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a low-priority story that's slipped through the cracks.

Judge allows fraud suit against Trump, family and company to proceed

A federal judge on Monday allowed a federal lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump, his three eldest children and his company of collaborating with a fraudulent marketing scheme to prey on investors to proceed.

The lawsuit, originally filed in October 2018 and amended a few months later, alleges that in exchange for "secret" payments, Trump and three of his adult children used his former reality TV show "The Celebrity Apprentice" and other promotional events as vehicles to boost ACN Opportunity, a telecommunications marketing company linked to a nonprofit that used Trump's brand to appeal to teens.

The lawsuit also accuses the Trumps of having profited off the poor and vulnerable, as people looking "to enrich themselves by systematically defrauding economically marginalized people looking to invest in their educations, start their own small business, and pursue the American dream."

"Weighing the two 'most critical' factors -- likelihood of success on the merits and irreparable harm -- against each other, any prejudice that Defendants and ACN may suffer from proceeding with the litigation during the pendency of the appeal does not outweigh the strong likelihood that Defendants and ACN will not succeed on appeal," US District Court Judge Lorna Schofield wrote in her opinion.
    "Wait, what does that even mean?"

Well, @cubby is the expert of course, but the way I read it, Trump tried to force the case into arbitration as detailed here, failed, then tried to have the whole thing thrown out because the case would ruin Trump's good name. In theory, the judge probably had to hold at least a 30-minute recess until she stopped laughing before making the decision that, no, if you want the case in arbitration you've accepted the damage to your reputation already so fuck you for hiding behind a paper-thin excuse.

"What's the lawsuit claiming, exactly?"

Multiple other sources on the story use the term "pyramid scheme" as in, Trump got people to invest and then gave them nothing in return.

"Okay, but it's not like they're being accused of racketeering or --"

The Trumps "deliberately misled" consumers about the likely success of their investments, the suit claims, and engaged in "a pattern of racketeering activity."
    Incidentally, by fighting the case in federal court, the racketeering charges were dismissed (not sure why, maybe because it all took place inside a single state). That was cited by the judge as well -- Trump already profited from having the case in federal court, then tried to go the route of arbitration, which is a lot like demanding the healing trinket go to you because you out-DPSed the other healer.

"Okay fine, fuck it, let them try. Trump has an infinite supply of lawyers -- when one fails, two more take his place. You'd have to be the Avengers or something to--"

The suit is being funded by the nonprofit Tesseract Research Center, which has ties to Democratic candidates, CNN has reported.
    "Oh, shit."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is the morbidly obese irony of Trump lying about 20,000 times, then claiming someone else has broken the public's trust in government.

Does hydrochoroquine cure the cancer caused by windmills? Asking for a serial liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a low-priority story that's slipped through the cracks.

Judge allows fraud suit against Trump, family and company to proceed

"Wait, what does that even mean?"

Well, @cubby is the expert of course, but the way I read it, Trump tried to force the case into arbitration as detailed here, failed, then tried to have the whole thing thrown out because the case would ruin Trump's good name. In theory, the judge probably had to hold at least a 30-minute recess until she stopped laughing before making the decision that, no, if you want the case in arbitration you've accepted the damage to your reputation already so fuck you for hiding behind a paper-thin excuse.

"What's the lawsuit claiming, exactly?"

Multiple other sources on the story use the term "pyramid scheme" as in, Trump got people to invest and then gave them nothing in return.

"Okay, but it's not like they're being accused of racketeering or --"

Incidentally, by fighting the case in federal court, the racketeering charges were dismissed (not sure why, maybe because it all took place inside a single state). That was cited by the judge as well -- Trump already profited from having the case in federal court, then tried to go the route of arbitration, which is a lot like demanding the healing trinket go to you because you out-DPSed the other healer.

"Okay fine, fuck it, let them try. Trump has an infinite supply of lawyers -- when one fails, two more take his place. You'd have to be the Avengers or something to--"

"Oh, shit."
    That's essentially it - tried to get into arbitration, when that didn't work, attempted to get it thrown out of court. Doesn't really matter though - Trump's entire business life is either failing and bankrupting the company (court/attorneys), succeeding marginally but on the backs of the poor which results in lawsuits (court/attorneys), or succeeding and then fucking up something at the end, which again results in law suits (court/attorneys). It's all Trump has ever done - win and steal people's money or lose and then sue to keep from paying.

It's a wonder he didn't just start his own law firm and bill himself....

...the case would ruin Trump's good name.
    this bit is especially hilarious. in what way exactly does he have a good name? reputation? has any US President ever had a worse reputation? I think even post-Watergate Nixon was more trusted. then there's just taking it literally, it's really not a name I'd wish on anyone (and apparently he chose it himself?!?) in the US I believe the word's strongly tied to the Top Trumps game idea of having a bigger number but even that just reeks of overcompensation... then there's the UK version where it means what the Americans tend to call a "fart"

I suspect future US generations will be using the word much more often as a negative as well...

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I suspect future US generations will be using the word much more often as a negative as well...
    He's basically single-handedly ruined the expression "trump card" for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He's basically single-handedly ruined the expression "trump card" for everyone.
    It still works fine.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The suit is being funded by the nonprofit Tesseract Research Center, which has ties to Democratic candidates, CNN has reported.

"Oh, shit."
    I really hope this line means what it sounds like. And I hope they have basically an infinite supply of lawyers to prosecute the case.

No, there are plans for other countries, it's the U.S. that has no plan right now, and you can blame that on the orange idiot you voted for.

The reason is that if we fuck it up a second wave would come and it would easily be just as bad, if not worse, and we'd have to do all of this over again. For someone who wants to see this end you oddly like the idea of going through this one more time.

Your ignorance only shows more, if we didn't close more people would have died. We get you don't give a fuck about others, but at the very least you could just come out and say it.

Now we're in the big pharma conspiracy now. Exactly how would less people getting the disease mean more money for them?

In the beginning they labeled deaths as Covid because of the numbers early on, but now those have been changed and that's not the case currently.

So one death is what brings you to believe that all of them are being mislabeled? How do you even come to a conclusion like that?

It's also proven to not really do a damn thing about this virus.
    This line of thinking is what i don't agree with. You act like I am the one who doesn't care yet you dont act like you care at all about the families and communities that this is going to effect long term. I honestly have not been effected financially yet. I have actually made more because I never stopped working. I have had 4 family members who contracted Covid 19. All of them recovered fine and are now donating plasma.

I have friends and family who are hurting worse financially than from the virus.

The government moving the goal posts is what has frustrated me in my state. Maybe its because we have so many other states around me who are all acting so different. Now I do not believe this should be a national policy. Different parts of the country need to be treated different.

When do we actually have any expert other than the infectious disease experts? I would love to hear from mental health experts, economics experts, or small business experts. Lets have some of them speak so we have all of the information. We can' t base all of our decisions on just what the disease is doing.

This line of thinking is what i don't agree with. You act like I am the one who doesn't care yet you dont act like you care at all about the families and communities that this is going to effect long term.
    FFS most people here already know how devastating the Corona is to the Economy.

When do we actually have any expert other than the infectious disease experts? I would love to hear from mental health experts, economics experts, or small business experts. Lets have some of them speak so we have all of the information. We can' t base all of our decisions on just what the disease is doing.
    We already have heard from Economics and Business Experts from Trump and his administration and most of it is Bullshit and Conspiracies like the ones you post all the time.

Now I do not believe this should be a national policy. Different parts of the country need to be treated different.
    What Policy?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-05-20 at 11:03 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

This line of thinking is what i don't agree with. You act like I am the one who doesn't care yet you dont act like you care at all about the families and communities that this is going to effect long term. I honestly have not been effected financially yet. I have actually made more because I never stopped working. I have had 4 family members who contracted Covid 19. All of them recovered fine and are now donating plasma.

I have friends and family who are hurting worse financially than from the virus.
    You clearly don't care, the the fact you think you have it figured out shows you are ignorant to the logistics of opening safely, it also shows you haven't paid attention whatsoever. Opening is important, but you care nothing for anything besides opening. You have shown that with your posts and the Trump rhetoric you spit.

You say you want this to stop and yet don't even think about what that would entail.

The government moving the goal posts is what has frustrated me in my state.
    Once again you spout this bit of idiocy. It's not moving goal posts when new information is gathered and a new decision is made. How you don't get that shows public schools are vastly underfunded.

What are you talking about? Economic and business experts have been talking constantly. Do you think they haven't been? Do you think I'm going to fall for this?

Mental health means nothing during this, you're not going to talk yourself out of depression. I would know. I deal with it all the time by just dealing with it and not giving a fuck about it.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2020-05-20 at 11:05 AM.

You clearly don't care, the the fact you think you have it figured out shows you are ignorant to the logistics of opening safely, it also shows you haven't paid attention whatsoever. Opening is important, but you care nothing for anything besides opening. You have shown that with your posts and the Trump rhetoric you spit.

You say you want this to stop and yet don't even think about what that would entail.

Once again you spout this bit of idiocy. It's not moving goal posts when new information is gathered and a new decision is made. How you don't get that shows public schools are vastly underfunded.

What are you talking about? Economic and business experts have been talking constantly. Do you think they haven't been? Do you think I'm going to fall for this?

Mental health means nothing during this, you're not going to talk yourself out of depression. I would know. I deal with it all the time by just dealing with it and not giving a fuck about it.
    So here is one for you. Rhode island has just introduced an app that is going to track you. Now i know the cel companies already do this, but the government needs a warrant to obtain it. Now the Governor has said if we want to reopen schools and other things we all need to download it. This is what i mean by us allowing government to much power. This is where my rant came from yesterday.

So here is one for you. Rhode island has just introduced an app that is going to track you. Now i know the cel companies already do this, but the government needs a warrant to obtain it. Now the Governor has said if we want to reopen schools and other things we all need to download it. This is what i mean by us allowing government to much power. This is where my rant came from yesterday.
    That has zero to do with the conversation of opening, not sure why you bring that up. Tracking is something that is definitely on the side of morally wrong, but again that has no bearing on opening.

Don't just go switching topics just because you are unable to articulate your position in a way past "we must open."

So here is one for you. Rhode island has just introduced an app that is going to track you.
    Your Governor is Educated, she understands how dangerous the Pandemic is.

Now the Governor has said if we want to reopen schools and other things we all need to download it.
    Governor is smart, she understands how dangerous the Pandemic is.

This is what i mean by us allowing government to much power. This is where my rant came from yesterday.
    Following Infected Individuals through an app is giving the Government Too much power?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.