Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's not just "too late". It's still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Sorry, look at what exactly?
    NMS launched as a trainwreck, but is doing pretty good these days, after they patched it.

I'd consider buying it if they added a couple standard campaigns and a couple RPG (Rexxar style) campaigns. I don't get why folks would pay the asking price for just the graphics updates. /shrug.

Where is our ingame cinematics and dialog scenes you promised? That was the MAIN feature.

it's not that bad as people say on mmo-champion.com
    i played campaign /w korean graphics and had a blast, but while watching tournaments before bed i prefer old graphics

That's great Blizzard but no, thanks.
    I will still play non-battlenet version of the game hard-installed on my external drive.

Blizzard is simply not a AAA-quality games company nowadays. Ditto their games.

A few years ago I'd have pre-ordered anything they make. Not nowadays, however.

This reminds me of that roadmap Bioware released after Anthem launched.

How are the developers so tonedeaf?

These things aren't why people thought your game sucked.

Something tells me the team that was making this have either quit or moved on to a new project by this point anyway.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2020-05-20 at 09:51 AM.

If you have decided to just be angry and refuse to support Blizzard for WC3 Reforged, fine.

Personally, I enjoy doing Custom games and Reforged. Sure, they forced "reskinning" copyrighted maps, but other than that Reforged really revitalized custom games. I am enjoying playing this game several hours a week.

I suggest you don't block yourself from having fun just to prove a point.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are still working on ... that? Mind-blowing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It's never too late. Look at No mans sky
    No Man's Sky took a LOT of time to regain the trust of their players. Yeah, if Blizzard keeps putting out updates for RF then eventually maybe it'll become fine, but this is FAR too little, FAR too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    If you have decided to just be angry and refuse to support Blizzard for WC3 Reforged, fine.

Personally, I enjoy doing Custom games and Reforged. Sure, they forced "reskinning" copyrighted maps, but other than that Reforged really revitalized custom games. I am enjoying playing this game several hours a week.

I suggest you don't block yourself from having fun just to prove a point.
    Reforged abused the playerbase's goodwill to make easy money. If you wanna play WC3 without supporting that, play the original and don't pay for RF.

It boggles my mind that some consumers can have such low standards that they're willing to pay money for and be happy with a game that is objectively (as in by real measurable metrics) worse than the 18-year-old original version.

Actiblizzard is not a small indie company, they don't deserve 'a chance', they didn't shoot for the stars and land on the moon.

They made a cheap, lazy cash grab to shamelessly cash in on a nostalgia window that was so bad it went back and retroactively broke their good game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It boggles my mind that some consumers can have such low standards that they're willing to pay money for and be happy with a game that is objectively (as in by real measurable metrics) worse than the 18-year-old original version.

Actiblizzard is not a small indie company, they don't deserve 'a chance', they didn't shoot for the stars and land on the moon.

They made a cheap, lazy cash grab to shamelessly cash in on a nostalgia window that was so bad it went back and retroactively broke their good game.
    I mean, equally, it boggles my mind that people buy CoD or any of the 'new and improved' sports games that are churned out every single year as well.

I disagree completely with the notion that people don't deserve the chance to fix the game too. Would you rather they just sit on their hands and not do anything at all? It's because the game released in a fairly bad state that they should be doing damage control, and at least fixing issues that people have with the product. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't, but at least doing something is better than nothing, no?

I'm sure many people 'bought' the game because there's literally nothing else they can do with their "Blizzard bucks". If you play WoW in any capacity and have fairly geared characters, you can literally be subscribed to WoW forever and buy any Blizzard product even if it's substandard. If there was a way to cash out my BNET balance to real life currency sure, but there isn't (at least in a way that would't compromise your entire account).

All in all the advertising they did on this game was shoddy at best and the remake was pretty haphazard.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This is all I really wanted out of the game, but they're too much of a pansy to just put "we don't rate, control, etc, whatever happens in our custom games, so don't bother trying." They pandered to lawyers and risk-adverse people.
    It's not that, it's that - with the EULA and so forth that pops up on launching Reforged, they now own every custom game. This way, when "the next Dota" happens, they own it outright. They let Dota and the entire Moba genre slip through their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I mean, equally, it boggles my mind that people buy CoD or any of the 'new and improved' sports games that are churned out every single year as well.
    The key difference here is that EA's yearly slop (while much like reforged solely existing to leech money from people) doesn't retroactively go back and break their previous slop.

I disagree completely with the notion that people don't deserve the chance to fix the game too. Would you rather they just sit on their hands and not do anything at all? It's because the game released in a fairly bad state that they should be doing damage control, and at least fixing issues that people have with the product. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't, but at least doing something is better than nothing, no?
    I'd rather they didn't break the 18-year-old version of the game that worked fine, with their 'remaster'.

As for fixing it, sure they should fix it. But fixing it should be seen as the bare minimum expected from a multibillion-dollar publisher fulfilling their contractual obligations. Not as poor indie blizzard just doing their gosh darn best to make a product as exceptional as possible and yes they should be damned for this, bringing a product to the bare minimum is not a gift to the players it's what it should have been the first time around.

I'm sure many people 'bought' the game because there's literally nothing else they can do with their "Blizzard bucks". If you play WoW in any capacity and have fairly geared characters, you can literally be subscribed to WoW forever and buy any Blizzard product even if it's substandard. If there was a way to cash out my BNET balance to real life currency sure, but there isn't (at least in a way that would't compromise your entire account).
    I'm not sure what this means, that blizzdrones were going to buy it no matter what? Yeah, that's the attitude that leads to reforged existing as it does.

Or are you saying that blizzard's wallet system is intentionally designed in such a way to manipulate more money out of you then is required so that a pot of unusable funds builds up over time to induce you to further spend money on products you don't want so you feel like you're getting 'value for money'. Yeah, that doesn't sound predatory at all...

I just can’t understand why their top priority hasn’t been giving people back the old client.
    What they did to a product people purchased nearly 2 decades ago, without the buyer’s consent, seems questionably illegal, yet they haven’t even mentioned it.
    What gives?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Highly unlikely. Blizzard dug heels in and basically blamed us, the players, that our expectations were different. Also, this is AAA developer and they were a smallish studio with a nerd for the leader with zero social skills. He did not exactly false advertise, at least not directly, while Blizzard certainly did, even month after the release failure.
    They didn't false advertise, they just assumed that their fans were smarter than they are. They delivered exactly what they said they would, WarCraft 3 with updated graphics. People claimed false advertising because they didn't like that the website said that there were hours of reforged cutscenes, but that was accurate. The in-game cutscenes used the new models. Anyone who thought they were going to get completely re-done prerendered Cinematics for a $30 HD re-release of a game was only fooling themselves.

It's inexcusable that it has taken them this long to get the ranked system out, and their communication has been complete and total shit since before the beta, but they didn't false advertise.

I hope they're able to get this game turned around, because the original was fantastic and Reforged has the potential to be, but knowing Blizzard's "fans" I wouldn't hold my breath.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all the advertising they did on this game was shoddy at best and the remake was pretty haphazard.
    Agree on the sports games. The idea that each year's COD is just the same game is a meme started by people who have never played COD. 3 different studios take turns developing COD games and each one is very much different from the others. The only thing they have in common is that they're FPS games. Black Ops 2 / 3 / 4 are nothing like each other, and even less similar to WW2 / MW.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Reforged...

You know what, I'm not going to sh*t on this game or people who made it any more. I'll let this video do the talking:

Don't mind the lack of talking animations, it's something broken within the game that the modder simply isn't able to fix. Anyway, I simply cannot understand how a single modder can do something that looks so much better and feels so much more Reforged than what a whole team of Blizzard devs has put out... It's just sad.

Anyway, if you want to check out this project - it's here:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...mpaign.323114/
    Wait, so If I were to buy WC3 Reforged now and play the campaign, the interludes and cutscenes would look like that? Yeeesh!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They didn't false advertise, they just assumed that their fans were smarter than they are. They delivered exactly what they said they would, WarCraft 3 with updated graphics. People claimed false advertising because they didn't like that the website said that there were hours of reforged cutscenes, but that was accurate. The in-game cutscenes used the new models. Anyone who thought they were going to get completely re-done prerendered Cinematics for a $30 HD re-release of a game was only fooling themselves.

It's inexcusable that it has taken them this long to get the ranked system out, and their communication has been complete and total shit since before the beta, but they didn't false advertise.

I hope they're able to get this game turned around, because the original was fantastic and Reforged has the potential to be, but knowing Blizzard's "fans" I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Ohh look guys it's and apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Ohh look guys it's and apologist.
    Oh, look a lazy response. Not every gets caught up in any of this BS. But it is true. They were going to do something different, fans bitched, so they said fuck it, we are just going to update the graphics and keep the old cinematics told everyone they changed their minds, then everyone went where the fuck are the new cinematics, FALSE ADVERTISING!!!