Poll: Which class are you most hoping to see in WoW?

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd kinda like a class centered around the void, with mail armor.

The good and bad of it would be that it's an entirely new concept.

Otherwise, I just want new specs, mostly for flavor. If we are going back to class over spec fantasy, seems doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    There won't be any new classes, period.
    This.... And the option in the poll is missing.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The "nothing" option is always built in to a poll. Don't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing how people feel like they need to chime in on threads they have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. The problem is that you're thinking of the abilities in a bubble, in a vacuum. You're not thinking how those abilities would affect other players playing WITH you, or AGAINST you, or even for a design perspective.
    This entire thing started because a poster asked about new mechanics. Unfortunately I forgot the anything suggested that is new is immediately shot down as unworkable around these parts.

It alleviates the problem, but it's still far from "solving it". Try to picture yourself fighting in PvP against a tinker while playing NOT as a tinker, yourself. Or as a healer in a dungeon/raid with a tinker character that just took what would normally be lethal damage.
    Yeah, yeah, like I said just forget about it. You once said that a movement buff was OP when Druids did the exact same thing, so there's no point discussing it any further.

Fel, void and necromancy are all "shadow magic" just like earth, wind and lightning are "nature magic".
    Earth, wind and lightning actually look different from each other, and can have different properties. There's only so many ways you can shoot a black blob at someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Except that "vote" never gets registered.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because you're not looking for a way for the mechanic to work, you're looking for every way to shoot it down.
    No. The problem is that you're thinking of the abilities in a bubble, in a vacuum. You're not thinking how those abilities would affect other players playing WITH you, or AGAINST you, or even for a design perspective.

Fine, then keep the tank spec in the mech at all times, and reserve the ability for the Tinker to eject from the mech, possibly survive, and resuming the mech for the DPS spec. Problem solved.
    It alleviates the problem, but it's still far from "solving it". Try to picture yourself fighting in PvP against a tinker while playing NOT as a tinker, yourself. Or as a healer in a dungeon/raid with a tinker character that just took what would normally be lethal damage.

It's a catch all term because it's catch-all gameplay wise as well.
    Fel, void and necromancy are all "shadow magic" just like earth, wind and lightning are "nature magic".

- - - Updated - - -

Except that "vote" never gets registered.
    Why should that be an option if it's an answer to a question that the poll never asked?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking of ways to make the mech feel more like a mech. Here's some of my results;

QOL:
    Park: While sitting and out of combat, the Tinker can exit the mech and walk around, and even sit or stand on the mech. If the Tinker activates mech form, the "parked" mech automatically disappears.
    Transformation: The mech can transform into Flight Form, Underwater form, and a Travel form. Very similar to Druids in that regard. However, instead of having a completely different form, wings or rockets would emerge from the back of the mech for flight form, or it would transform into a tank for travel form.
    Decals/Customization: The Tinker should have a "garage" ability that allows them to have some customizable options. Almost like a transmog for the form. New color options, maybe some decals, maybe even the ability to swap out different parts of the vehicle. Engineering could even help in this regard by having "Mech Kits" of varying rarities that they can craft and sell to Tinkers.

Abilities:
    Turbocharged: While out of combat, the Tinker in mech has increased movement speed.
    Boost: Quick burst in direction the Mech is currently traveling in (2 charges)
    Self Destruct!: Eject from your mech, causing it to explode dealing AoE damage. Immediately resummon a new mech with 20% health.
    Buster Cannon: Merge your active turrets into the Buster cannon. The Tinker attaches the cannon to their mech and can use the cannon for a set amount of time. Requires at least 2 turrets. Cannot summon new turrets while Buster Cannon is active.
    Eject! Eject 20 feet from your mech. Once activated, your mech taunts all nearby enemies. Cannot use activate mech for 15 seconds.
    Escape Pod: (Talent) When you use Eject or Self Destruct, you're instantly healed for 15% of your maximum health.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire thing started because a poster asked about new mechanics. Unfortunately I forgot the anything suggested that is new is immediately shot down as unworkable around these parts.
    You being unable to describe an ability without making it sound utterly pointless or completely OP does not mean "everything new is immediately shot down as unworkable". There are ways to make "mech eject" work in a balanced. I know of one, for example.

Yeah, yeah, like I said just forget about it. You once said that a movement buff was OP when Druids did the exact same thing, so there's no point discussing it any further.
    If I recall correctly, I conceded that particular point, did I not?

Earth, wind and lightning actually look different from each other, and can have different properties.
    No. They don't. Both deal the exact same type of damage: nature. Think about this for a moment: earth and lightning have the same kind of damage.

There's only so many ways you can shoot a black blob at someone.
    "There's only so many ways you can shoot burning fire at someone" and yet we have 2 & 1/2 specs out of it. And, again, you oversimplify things to the point of dishonesty, by calling void, fel and necromancy "black blob" magic.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    You being unable to describe an ability without making it sound utterly pointless or completely OP does not mean "everything new is immediately shot down as unworkable". There are ways to make "mech eject" work in a balanced. I know of one, for example.

If I recall correctly, I conceded that particular point, did I not?
    Which illustrates my point; You only accepted that ability because Druids had an even STRONGER version of the concept.

No. They don't. Both deal the exact same type of damage: nature. Think about this for a moment: earth and lightning have the same kind of damage.
    I never said they don't deal the same type of damage. I'm saying that you can show a boulder getting tossed, and a lightning bolt being shot, and that feels like two different abilities despite the similar damage type. However, a black blob is going to look he same visually regardless. It should also be noted that no one is proposing another nature-based class, for good reason. After Monks, Shaman, and Druids, we really don't need another Nature-based class. After Spriests, Death Knights, Warlocks, and Demon Hunters, we really don't need another Shadow-based class either.

Again, losing the mech doesn't equal death. It's more a critical situation, sort of like having low health. You don't want to be in pilot mode while you're tanking a raid.
    It means that one of your life bars depleted to zero. So it very well equals death, Tinkers are just so super special awesome that they have two lifebars. Which is just stupid design. Again, imagine whatever you want while robo-yifffing but this rp shit just doesn't works in a MMO. Hell, even a minion class is barely functional in a mmo, look at demonology warlock. Most people still hate the spec and want the old one back.

Considering that they're an armored vehicle, they should be more sturdy than a half naked elf who turns into a half naked demon. In other words, a Tinker in armored form should be just as sturdy as a Warrior or Paladin. A Tinker who has lost their mech is very squishy, but should still be able to hold threat, and have some form of mitigation to allow it to survive long enough to get their mech back, but losing the mech should be punishing enough that a Tinker never wants to get to that point and will use all of their skills to avoid it. It's simply a new way to tank. Don't worry, I know folks around here view anything "new" as either "OP" or unworkable.
    Not really. These half-naked elves are protected by powerful ancient magic which managed to conquer the world once. This vehicles on the other hand can't even compete against simple Troggs in the case of Gnome Tinkers. But yeah, once again, you want them to have two life bars and the Mech seemingly so good that it is just an additional line of defense while the Tinker can still tank while being in Pilot form? Yeah, this totally sounds like you want a class you can stop failing in LFR Content with.

You didn't explain anything. You pretty much pouted and put your fingers in your ears and said it won't work, completely ignoring the fact that what you deem as "unworkable" has already been done.
    I've already explained it, but you may lack the cognitive abilities to understand even the basics of class design. With, you know, you haven proven that you lack the cognitive abilities to correctly interpret a poll. And to understand numbers. But then again, Turrets don't work because they will end up a more restrictive version of Warlock Imps. Imps are effectively turrets, with turrets being effectively dots with a life bar in the game. Which makes them basically worse dots, because they can die through boss abilities or the boss can run out of range of them. Which is one problem, with Imps having the benefit of being able to follow you around outside of combat and run in range of the boss. Turrets on the other hand are by definition stationary. Then there is the problem that your vision of a Tinker Turret based DPS, being all about building and upgrading his robo-slaves, is yet again a class with a high ramp up time. So you have first to summon your turrets, than you have to slowly upgrade them to the point where they do full damage. Which sounds like a broken class. Like Shadow Priest, which is also inheritly broken because it is, like your tinker, a dot class with a high ramp up. I mean, I don't take you as the raiding kind of guy, so why do you even would want to have such a design, when it is really obnoxious in open world content and only fun in specific situation where groups of enemies live long enough for you to ramp up and shoot your load.

Your class basically combines the worst aspects of the Shadow Priest and the Demonology Warlock, which is probably a compliment to your incompetence to have one single fun idea in your life.

And instead in BFA Shaman have the talent "Totem Mastery" which instantly drops 4 totems at their location.
    Totems are supportive buffs though. You are demanding that your Tinker basically can instantly summon all of his turrets he needs while the Warlock needs to slowly summon his imps. Which just doesn't work. I mean...if your playstyle doesn't even revolves around building and your turrets, why the fuck even have the turrets when they are just making gameplay objectively more obnoxious by making the Tinker the most stationary class in the game, probably even more than any single caster in the game and basically basing your entire playstyle around letting your turrets do damage for you. Because be realistic, if the turrets are in any shape or form significant as you want them to be, they will be a big portion of your damage. Which I mean...who the fuck wants that even?

Gift of the Ox and Afterlife Healing Spheres don't fly to you either. However, if that's such a big issue for you, the Tinker could simply have an ability that pulls the scrap to your location. Just call it Magnetron something or other. Bang, problem solved.

I'm sure you'll come up with some other silly reason to say none of this works though, so I'll be waiting.
    Yeah, because you obviously never even played content as high as lfr, you you don't know in the slightest how classes work and feel. You are basing your ideas around rp fanfiction, when many of them are the most obnoxious rp ideas that I wouldn't want in any class I play. And what do the scrapps even do? I mean, are they are mandatory ressource for you to build new turrets? Do they generate ressources? I mean, when it comes to Spheres on Monks, on Windwalker they are essentially a bonus, giving you a beat heal after you have defeated mobs and having a chance if you killed your target with blackout kick to generate one chi, so they are more of an afterthought. Demon Hunters are a bit more exiting in this regard, with Havoc being able to spec into turning soul shards into a ressource generator, though they are the most exciting with Vengeance where they are a ressource themselves that is fully integrated into your toolkit. So what would they do? Or do they work more like dead minions on the Demonology, giving you access to a more powerful ability, in their case demon bolt, which generates ressources?

But generally, I don't think your vision will work well in the game itself. It sounds like a minion class similar to demonology warlock with more stationary pets which is reliant on ramping them up, which makes the Tinker DPS extremely vulnerable to anything disrupting his ramp up. I mean, I don't think many people find this kind of high ramp up playstyle particularily fun, this is one of the reasons why Shadow Priests in their current design are incredibly unpopular.

And I mean, frankly, when I would play a tinker DPS, I would rather have a direct dps who rather uses cool gadgets themselves instead of being all around building turrets and letting them do the dps while you are basically just there to maintain them. I mean, if you want an example of a dps mech class I consider both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay more or less fun, look up the ff14 Machinist. You are a gunslinger who uses crazy gadgets, including in his core dps rotation where he basically shoots missile strikes and other crazy shit in his core rotation, has a flamethrower and a bio blaster where he can shoot chemicals, he can shoot a drill at targets and his gameplay is build around building heat for a short burst period as well as battery power to summon a mech to fight for you.

I mean, a rather restricted turret system in which they do some group support and minor dps could work, but I'd rather have a DPS Tinker using crazy tech and gadgets themselves instead of just being there for maintenance, while being incredibly stationary which currently doesn't works anymore. I mean, I would go as far as saying that even Totems themselves are a relic from a different time in the game, when fights were extremely stationay and most classes had barely a rotation at all. Fights are not stationary anymore though, they are incredibly movement heavy which would make a turret based class just not work in any competetive content.

And yeah, again to hammer home how your the Mech has its own life bar system wouldn't work, it can't be balanced. Like, in any shape or form. Either the class is just too tough in his mech form and can still tank while in pilot form, meaning he effectively has two life bars and is nearly unkillable and op beyond meassure or he is too squishy. We have this problem already with classes like Demon Hunter and Guardian Druid. They are too squishy and can be instantly killed. It will simply be impossible to balance, as no matter what they will be either too good or too bad. and I would lean more into the too bad direction, as how we know Blizzard I would strongly assume that due to them having effectively two life bars, they will be lacking in terms of mitigation compared to classes like Paladin and Warriors. Which, I mean, they have to. You can't give a class two life bars and make them mitigate just as good as tanks with just one life bar, especially considering that they get a build in brezz for one of their life bars on top of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which illustrates my point; You only accepted that ability because Druids had an even STRONGER version of the concept.
    No, they don't. Again it goes back to your inability to properly describe abilities you come up with. Because I distinctly remember commenting on how you don't properly describe your abilities, back then:
    Except the druid only gets increased movement speed, and it's a temporary buff, whereas you never stipulated a time limit, which implies it's a permanent buff.
    Alright. That's fair. But you should be less vague.

I never said they don't deal the same type of damage. I'm saying that you can show a boulder getting tossed, and a lightning bolt being shot, and that feels like two different abilities despite the similar damage type. However, a black blob is going to look he same visually regardless.
    Necromancy tends to be black and dark green. Void tends to be dark purple and dark blue. The death knight's Death Coil ability, for example, is a flying black skull with green trail. A void-based class would not have, for example, a "flying skull with green trail". It wouldn't even use skulls, since it's not a death-themed concept. To imply that void effects are nigh-indistinguishable from necromancy effects such that it is "so hard" to make them different is just dishonest.

It should also be noted that no one is proposing another nature-based class, for good reason.
    Once again, you attempt to speak for the majority when you don't even have an inkling what the majority thinks or what they want. Maybe people don't really enjoy "feel good" classes as well as they enjoy "dark, edgy" classes? I mean, monks were pretty much rejected and made fun of when they were introduced, while death knights and demon hunters were celebrated.

After Monks, Shaman, and Druids, we really don't need another Nature-based class. After Spriests, Death Knights, Warlocks, and Demon Hunters, we really don't need another Shadow-based class either.
    And I'll repeat what I've said multiple times: we don't need a new class. We don't need a new race. We don't "need" anything, so saying "we don't need X class or Y race" is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't. Again it goes back to your inability to properly describe abilities you come up with. Because I distinctly remember commenting on how you don't properly describe your abilities, back then:
    I simply said increased movement speed in a talent tier, and you started screeching about how that is too OP for a class with permanent forms.

Necromancy tends to be black and dark green. Void tends to be dark purple and dark blue. The death knight's Death Coil ability, for example, is a flying black skull with green trail. A void-based class would not have, for example, a "flying skull with green trail". It wouldn't even use skulls, since it's not a death-themed concept. To imply that void effects are nigh-indistinguishable from necromancy effects such that it is "so hard" to make them different is just dishonest.
    Clawing Shadows is purple, Deathbolt is purple, Shadowbolt is purple, Soul Reaper is Purple, Haunt is Purple, etc.

Once again, you attempt to speak for the majority when you don't even have an inkling what the majority thinks or what they want. Maybe people don't really enjoy "feel good" classes as well as they enjoy "dark, edgy" classes? I mean, monks were pretty much rejected and made fun of when they were introduced, while death knights and demon hunters were celebrated.
    Based on polling here, the majority don't want a dark edge class either. Also the most popular classes in the game aren't dark and edgy either.

But yeah I know, actual data means nothing to you....

And I'll repeat what I've said multiple times: we don't need a new class. We don't need a new race. We don't "need" anything, so saying "we don't need X class or Y race" is pointless.
    We definitely need a technology class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    /snip
    Protip: I don't respond to posts full of childish insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clawing Shadows is purple, Deathbolt is purple, Shadowbolt is purple, Soul Reaper is Purple, Haunt is Purple, etc.
    Again, you're grasping at straws. Just make a void elf and head into Telogrus Rift. THAT is the void motiff. Or go into the Horrific Visions of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. No one would think of those places as a "demon world" or "undead world".

Based on polling here, the majority don't want a dark edge class either. Also the most popular classes in the game aren't dark and edgy either.
    And I'm talking about overall public reaction, which are more accurate than polls in a fan website that are a sample of a sample.

But yeah I know, actual data means nothing to you....
    This is beyond ironic coming from you. And it's nothing more than projection on your part.

We definitely need a technology class.
    No. We don't. And that's a fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jumping in here late. I was looking to post a thread on Tinker's (with an entire talent tree/full spell book Google Sheet to match that I am unable to share due to being too inactive here) but it seems we've got enough mega-threads on this. Here's some thoughts:

Turrets on the other hand are by definition stationary. Then there is the problem that your vision of a Tinker Turret based DPS, being all about building and upgrading his robo-slaves, is yet again a class with a high ramp up time. So you have first to summon your turrets, than you have to slowly upgrade them to the point where they do full damage. Which sounds like a broken class.
    My thoughts mirror this exactly. It's WAY too unbalanced (in both ways) and in my eyes not exactly fun to have a behind-the-scenes general allowing an army of turrets/creations due your biding. That being said, there's room for a Turret in a class like this, especially if you're using Gazlowe as your inspiration for a toolkit. Turrets, however, can't just be a willy-nilly cast at your leisure thing that deals tremendous damage. I think, if you're really going for class fantasy here, a tinker on the battlefield is a bit of a wildcard. Usually they will be grabbing all sorts of random things, throwing them together in the best way they fit and the results are typically secondary. So in this case, a turret made by a Tinker could REALLY only be effective for so long if you think about the conditions in which they are operating (and this goes with ANYTHING they create save for things they might've made prior). My thought process is that a missile turret is more of a DPS cooldown than anything else. It aides your arsenal, rather than is centered around it.

And what do the scrapps even do? I mean, are they are mandatory ressource for you to build new turrets? Do they generate ressources? I mean, when it comes to Spheres on Monks, on Windwalker they are essentially a bonus, giving you a beat heal after you have defeated mobs and having a chance if you killed your target with blackout kick to generate one chi, so they are more of an afterthought. Demon Hunters are a bit more exiting in this regard, with Havoc being able to spec into turning soul shards into a ressource generator, though they are the most exciting with Vengeance where they are a ressource themselves that is fully integrated into your toolkit. So what would they do? Or do they work more like dead minions on the Demonology, giving you access to a more powerful ability, in their case demon bolt, which generates ressources?
    When I initially was designing my ideas, I had this wild idea that a "scrap" idea could be really out there and fun. I had an idea of a RNG mechanic that essentially limited your abilities effectiveness in turn for more resources dropped around you. Basically your abilities, at random, could hit for 25/50/75/100% of the damage, with each ability dropping scraps around you based on how terrible they were. It really fit a haphazard class fantasy that I thought would be interesting. This idea, however interesting as it may be at face value, is a HORRIBLE idea for effective gameplay. Yeah maybe you can talent your abilities to hit with full effectiveness more often and balance your bar resources to fill up just as much, but it's just...unnecessary.

So now my idea is, abilities will always hit with the full damage. No questions asked, however I do think scraps dropping on the ground could be a fun idea. A 5 yard radius, nothing too large so that high end mechanics aren't disrupted. Your resource bar still replenishes much like Energy would, but the scraps can cause you to replenish it quicker. For me the idea is, you don't NEED to master collecting scraps, but if you do? You might be able to cast maybe 1-3 more spells in your rotation.

You are a gunslinger who uses crazy gadgets, including in his core dps rotation where he basically shoots missile strikes and other crazy shit in his core rotation
    This is EXACTLY what I have in mind for a Robotics spec. A melee DPS class with gadgets built into a claw-pack (I chose to rename that to mecha-pack, neither name is great in my opinion). You're casting abilities and dealing damage with your mecha-pack, however there are ways you can utilize Robotic Creations as a means to boost your overall damage. You WANT to create these aids because it will increase the damage YOU are doing. They add their own damage, but you're using them as a support rather than the focus of your build.

Mech has its own life bar system wouldn't work, it can't be balanced. Like, in any shape or form. Either the class is just too tough in his mech form and can still tank while in pilot form, meaning he effectively has two life bars and is nearly unkillable and op beyond meassure or he is too squishy.
    I agree that the Mech having it's own health just doesn't feel right. If your mech explodes, malfunctions, etc - you should die! If you leave the mech for any reason? You should be an immediate threat to die just like every other class. The Mech is your shield and it's mitigation is on par with other tanks, but it doesn't give you an extra life. I continue to be inspired by Rumble in League of Legends for something like this and it's resource bar being Power that causes you to overload/overheat/overpower could be an interesting tank mechanic. That paired with a mechanic that while you are generating power, there is a certain threshold (maybe during 50%-99% power) where your abilities are dealing more damage, you're gaining additional stat bonuses, etc.

Protip: I don't respond to posts full of childish insults.
    Where did I insult you? I mean, it is not my problem when you actually display the lack of the ability to actually read and interpret polls to the public. Thats like me being triggered because somebody mocks me not being able to drive a bicycle when in fact I am unable to ride bicycles. Or is it that I call you out as a bad player and lfr hero, because this is the message you are sending by your total lack of understanding how good class design and class balance work. I mean, I could let my mom design a class and the chances are that it could actually work better than what you are coming up with.

But more importantly, this is yet again you backing off of a conversation once you don't know how to reply to an argument your opponents make. I explained to you why your ideas and fanfiction is shit. If you can't handle it, its not on me but on you, to cope with your entitlement issues and delusions of grandeur. And yeah, don't blame me for you giving off the impression of some authoritarian entitled manchild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you're grasping at straws. Just make a void elf and head into Telogrus Rift. THAT is the void motiff. Or go into the Horrific Visions of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. No one would think of those places as a "demon world" or "undead world".
    I'm talking about purely in the gameplay sense. Again I ask; What would a Void Knight do that a DK, Demon Hunter, Spriest, or Warlock cannot do? What is it offering that existing classes currently are not offering.

And I'm talking about overall public reaction, which are more accurate than polls in a fan website that are a sample of a sample.
    And what about the top 5 classes in WoW not being dark or edgy?

Just a side note; The Tinker would combine elements of the top 2 classes; Druid shapeshifting, and Hunter physical ranged

No. We don't. And that's a fact.
    Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes remains the only races in the game that don't have a class that reflects their racial culture or lore. Also there's no class that represents the technological side of WoW.

I'm talking about purely in the gameplay sense. Again I ask; What would a Void Knight do that a DK, Demon Hunter, Spriest, or Warlock cannot do? What is it offering that existing classes currently are not offering.
    It offers a melee void based class, the same as Paladin offers a melee light-based class.

And what about the top 5 classes in WoW not being dark or edgy?

Just a side note; The Tinker would combine elements of the top 2 classes; Druid shapeshifting, and Hunter physical ranged
    Your vision on Tinker is restricted to the most unpopular races in the game though, so how would it be popular? Thats like saying Island Expeditions are unpopular, make a whole expansion around them to make them popular.

Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes remains the only races in the game that don't have a class that reflects their racial culture or lore. Also there's no class that represents the technological side of WoW.
    Void Elves would like to have a word with you. And they are more popular than Gnomes and Goblins combined. Why should Blizz design an entire class around races which are simply not popular with the community?

10+ Year Old Account
    It offers a melee void based class, the same as Paladin offers a melee light-based class.
    Void is just shadow. Also we only have ONE light-based melee class. We have TWO Shadow-based melee classes. If you include Rogues, that's 3.

Your vision on Tinker is restricted to the most unpopular races in the game though, so how would it be popular? Thats like saying Island Expeditions are unpopular, make a whole expansion around them to make them popular.
    If the class is cool and fun to play, people will play it. Especially since the diminutive sizes of Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes works in the favor of the class.

Void Elves would like to have a word with you. And they are more popular than Gnomes and Goblins combined. Why should Blizz design an entire class around races which are simply not popular with the community?
    Shadow Priests and Affliction locks fits them like a glove. If they want something Melee, there's always Subtlety Rogues.

Void is just shadow. Also we only have ONE light-based melee class. We have TWO Shadow-based melee classes. If you include Rogues, that's 3.
    Which ones? Rogue has no void aspects in his class and there is no other void themed class. Thats like me saying Hunters use bombs and traps and Rogues use guns, so technology is well represented.

If the class is cool and fun to play, people will play it. Especially since the diminutive sizes of Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes works in the favor of the class.
    Do you have any data to back this up? Or any arguments outside of your personal bias which is that if a minority position? You are a Goblin Fan, which makes you one of the smallest minorities in the game and contra to the mainstream. I have estimated population numbers which show that Gnomes and Goblins are incredibly unpopular. You have yet to deliver any data or argument how a class restricted predominantly to them would work. So, I'm waiting. What is your argument? If we look at the estimated numbers, basing a class solely on Void Elves would be actually economically more sane choice than basing a class on Gnomes and Goblins.

Shadow Priests and Affliction locks fits them like a glove. If they want something Melee, there's always Subtlety Rogues.
    Affliction Warlocks utilize fel magic in combat, so they have nothing to do with Void Elves. Shadow Priests give in to the whispers of the old gods, which contradicts the core concepts of the Void Elves. The iconic Void Elves are Umbric, who is a void mage and Alleria, who is a void ranger. I can play neither of this classes.

That would be like me saying you can rp a tech class out of Goblin Shamans, because they use electricity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which ones? Rogue has no void aspects in his class and there is no other void themed class. Thats like me saying Hunters use bombs and traps and Rogues use guns, so technology is well represented.
    Seriously? Sublety Rogues are LOADED with Shadow abilities, and have multiple abilities that deal Shadow damage.

Do you have any data to back this up? Or any arguments outside of your personal bias which is that if a minority position? You are a Goblin Fan, which makes you one of the smallest minorities in the game and contra to the mainstream. I have estimated population numbers which show that Gnomes and Goblins are incredibly unpopular. You have yet to deliver any data or argument how a class restricted predominantly to them would work. So, I'm waiting. What is your argument? If we look at the estimated numbers, basing a class solely on Void Elves would be actually economically more sane choice than basing a class on Gnomes and Goblins.
    Look at the polling data on this site, the multiple threads about the Tinker here and on other web forums, and the videos about Tinkers on youtube from major YT personalities. The Tinker concept is very popular.

Affliction Warlocks utilize fel magic in combat, so they have nothing to do with Void Elves. Shadow Priests give in to the whispers of the old gods, which contradicts the core concepts of the Void Elves. The iconic Void Elves are Umbric, who is a void mage and Alleria, who is a void ranger. I can play neither of this classes.
    Read the descriptor of Affliction. It is Shadow magic. In terms of gameplay you have yet to provide a definitive difference between Void and Shadow. In fact, Shadow Priests use Void completely, yet are still called Shadow Priests, and still use Shadow magic. In fact, Shadow Mages have the same abilities as Shadow Priests.

That would be like me saying you can rp a tech class out of Goblin Shamans, because they use electricity.
    There's a difference between mecha totems and a handful of electric spells, and entire classes and specs dedicated to exactly the type of magic that Void Elves uses.