5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They did away with that lore with the explanations we have in the Mandalorian. If you don't follow the creed, or if you're shown without the helmet on, then you're not a Mandalorian, you're just a pretender.

In the case of Jango's apparant 'retcon' with this, we actually don't know if he was trained by Mandalorians any more or if he'll be rewritten as simply having killed one and took their armor and tools and potential identity. Boba's whole history hinges on whatever the Mandalorian decides to give us at this point, just like all of Mandalorian culture as we know it. It's unlikely that he would have gotten much training from Jango Fett, and we don't really know Boba's history after Jango's death. All of what we know of his history is considered legacy now.
    Actually, that "retcon" is post Purge of Mandalore Mandalorian Culture.
    Prior to the Night of a Thousand Tears, it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They did away with that lore with the explanations we have in the Mandalorian. If you don't follow the creed, or if you're shown without the helmet on, then you're not a Mandalorian, you're just a pretender.

In the case of Jango's apparant 'retcon' with this, we actually don't know if he was trained by Mandalorians any more or if he'll be rewritten as simply having killed one and took their armor and tools and potential identity. Boba's whole history hinges on whatever the Mandalorian decides to give us at this point, just like all of Mandalorian culture as we know it. It's unlikely that he would have gotten much training from Jango Fett, and we don't really know Boba's history after Jango's death. All of what we know of his history is considered legacy now.
    The part with the helmet never coming off seems to be unique to the clan that hid on Nevarro. In the latest part of the 'Gallery' one of the directors said it is part of the creed as far as our Mando is aware. She even corrected her words before that to say that, so I think it's significant. It's not part of the Mandalorian tradition and creed, it's part of their creed specifically.
    And if we go by the expanded universe, we have all kinds of Mandalorian clans that kept their very own traditions in addition to the creed. The Resol'nare does make you wear armor, but it doesn't say you have to cover your face always. In the context of the clan from The Mandalorian, it might make sense though, they are in hiding and only letting one person go out at a time. And if their faces are covered, noone can actually know how many of them there are or tell exactly who it is going out. So making the helmet part of 'always wear armor' is smart.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I find it real weird you're willing to die on the hill of "I don't want this one actor to play a dude in my made up space-wizard TV show"
    Where did I say I didn't want him to play it? Don't make up stuff thanks
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And what big roles has he gotten that classes him as a Hollywood actor? A small role as boba 15 years ago?
    First of all, he played Jango, not Boba, and the Clone Troopers in both Episode II and III; and they were somewhat important to the plot; and second, when you're acting in Hollywood productions you're a Hollywood actor. I really don't see what your problem with that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    So we know for certain Ashoka and Boba will be in season 2.

Is it possible we see Ezra and Sabine as well, seeing as Sabine's supposed to be helping Ashoka find Ezra?
    Technically we don't know for certain that Boba will be in it. Morrison could be playing someone else (Rex, etc), and apparently Tim Olyphant's character is wearing Boba Fett's armor, but he's playing someone else from one of the newer books. Not to say Morrison isn't playing Fett, just that it's not that clear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Technically we don't know for certain that Boba will be in it. Morrison could be playing someone else (Rex, etc), and apparently Tim Olyphant's character is wearing Boba Fett's armor, but he's playing someone else from one of the newer books. Not to say Morrison isn't playing Fett, just that it's not that clear yet.
    Didn't we have a little teaser that literally had a big fat "Boba Fett lives!" in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ok, then why is this simple gumshoe heralded as this huge fucking badass? Its a nothing character. Always has been.
    It's mostly because of the EU stuff. If Boba had just been as he is in the movies, he'd have a far smaller following. But they wrote more about him in the books, and that gave him the huge fan base he has now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's mostly because of the EU stuff. If Boba had just been as he is in the movies, he'd have a far smaller following. But they wrote more about him in the books, and that gave him the huge fan base he has now.
    But you can do that to any character. You could do it to Jar Jar. Hell, it has been done to Jar Jar. Look at Clone Wars. It managed to make Jar Jar look better! Seems impossible but it happened.

All that says is that a bunch of people wrote a bunch of crap about this dude that got owned by a blind dude. That seems like a lot of work for nothing.

PS I don't think its the EU stuff. Its the armour and nothing more ie his fanbase is entirely superficial.

Honestly, a Jar Jar cameo in this series would be hilarious.

Maybe someone has his head mounted on the wall, or something.

My point is he hasn't. That's how it works
    Stop embarassing yourself, please.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Technically we could get Rex AND Boba, and Cobb wearing Boba's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Didn't we have a little teaser that literally had a big fat "Boba Fett lives!" in it?
    Haven't seen that, looking at what I can find, just lots of reporting/"sources say."

- - - Updated - - -

Technically we could get Rex AND Boba, and Cobb wearing Boba's armor.
    Of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen that, looking at what I can find, just lots of reporting/"sources say."

- - - Updated - - -

Of course.
    It's easy enough to have all three alive since Rex fought in the Battle of Endor.

Boba might've had to pawn his armor for medical bills.

Cobb might've bought the pawned armor when Boba didn't pay the pawn loan on his armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Stop embarassing yourself, please.
    Yes one wouldn't want to embarrass themselves in a star wars thread rofl. You guys take this mediocre fantasy series way too seriously

Yes one wouldn't want to embarrass themselves in a star wars thread rofl. You guys take this mediocre fantasy series way too seriously
    Not the case, haven't even watched it. Just baffles me how some all knowing speck from a mmo-forum keeps arguing how hollywood actor with respectable enough CV somehow can't be called an hollywood actor. That's all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Not the case, haven't even watched it. Just baffles me how some all knowing speck from a mmo-forum keeps arguing how hollywood actor with respectable enough CV somehow can't be called an hollywood actor. That's all.
    All knowing? Nah not quite. I've actually seen the series though. You should check it out sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Honestly I think it varies by age of exposure, like many things. Fett in Empire was a good mysterious character with enough balls to deal with Vader. Then Return dropped him in a pit as part of a prat fall. Then the prequels added Jango and that whole mess. And of course, the EU. Hell, the Mandaloreans are practically reinvented every time they're brought into something.
    So you might be a fan of Boba from Empire, or think he's an idiot from Return, or base it off Jango/prequels or many things. Hell, some folks may just like him based on Robot Chicken...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

It's easy enough to have all three alive since Rex fought in the Battle of Endor.

Boba might've had to pawn his armor for medical bills.

Cobb might've bought the pawned armor when Boba didn't pay the pawn loan on his armor.
    Yeah there are a lot of potential storylines available. We don't know which it is yet, and I am curious how much these sources really know as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Honestly I think it varies by age of exposure, like many things. Fett in Empire was a good mysterious character with enough balls to deal with Vader. Then Return dropped him in a pit as part of a prat fall. Then the prequels added Jango and that whole mess. And of course, the EU. Hell, the Mandaloreans are practically reinvented every time they're brought into something.
    So you might be a fan of Boba from Empire, or think he's an idiot from Return, or base it off Jango/prequels or many things. Hell, some folks may just like him based on Robot Chicken...
    He had a trilogy of books in the EU that was pretty decent. That always formed my impression of the character as a badass, but there are a lot of potential directions they could go in.

Star Wars is for fucking nerds.

When does season 2 come out? Has a date been announced?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Star Wars is for fucking nerds.

When does season 2 come out? Has a date been announced?
    star wars is the most popular, and thus by extension, least niche scifi universe outside of the MCU.