Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Thank you all for paying to Beta test our game for the last few months, you saved Bobby Kotik a lot of money!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It's not that, it's that - with the EULA and so forth that pops up on launching Reforged, they now own every custom game. This way, when "the next Dota" happens, they own it outright. They let Dota and the entire Moba genre slip through their fingers.
    I completely forgot about this part... and have revised my stance I think you're right that this is the number one biggest issue. I think mine is now the number two (still huge and glaring) issue. Either way, no one is making cool custom games when they can't use their favorite sources of inspiration and attempt to adapt them to the WC3RF game engine. No one is going to risk making their awesome idea in a custom game if they have even the slightest inclination to attempt doing it in the future for real as a stand alone thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Oh, look a lazy response. Not every gets caught up in any of this BS. But it is true. They were going to do something different, fans bitched, so they said fuck it, we are just going to update the graphics and keep the old cinematics told everyone they changed their minds, then everyone went where the fuck are the new cinematics, FALSE ADVERTISING!!!
    Are you paid by blizz or something?
    They literraly let things different in the game they released. And complaints were very very very very few.
    So that argument doesn't stand at all. That was just the excuse they came up with.

Look at comment on the vidéos. People were pretty happy about the cinematic changes. And the worst comments about changes on the story was "don't fuck it up". Nobody would have been against new scenarios or just a bunch of retard, their are always some. Most people just didn't want something retarded added.

They just made false advertisings and barely worked on it. And they still barely work on it.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-05-20 at 02:47 PM.

Fuck this game.

I have nothing more to add. They fucked up greatly and they'll never recover from this. (I mean Wc3)

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They didn't false advertise
    They totally did.

Ignoring the fact that they said they would update the cutscenes to make them all much more cinematic.
    Ignoring the fact that they never said they showed some off at Blizcon and said the rest would be done like that.
    Ignoring the fact that they never said they had decided to cancel and remove them.

The fact is they were still using the fancier, removed cutscenes that were shown at that Blizcon in their advertising on the Reforged website and Battlenet launcher up to a week after the game's release.

That is absolute blatant false advertising.
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2020-05-20 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Edited to fix up confusion on cinematic vs cutscene

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Ohh look guys it's and apologist.
    Realist. The word you're looking for is realist. Criticize them for their dogshit communication, criticize them for being hideously slow at fixing issues, criticize them for their joke of a beta, but they didn't do any false advertising, and the Blizzard community IS one of the most toxic that I'm aware of.

They actually did. Ignoring the fact that they said they would update the cinematics to make them all much more, er, cinematic, and ignoring the fact that they never said they were being cancelled/removed, the fact is they were still using the fancier, removed cinematics that were shown at that Blizcon in their advertising on the Reforged website and Battlenet launcher up to a week after the game's release. That is absolute blatant false advertising.
    You mean the footage that had a big watermark that said it was alpha footage and subject to change? The false advertising claim stemmed from Blizzard saying something in their marketing like 4+ hours of reforged cutscenes and the community not realizing that Blizzard defines all the NPC dialogue scenes as cutscenes and weren't talking about the cinematics which we knew several months prior weren't getting redone. Whether it's what you envisioned in your mind or not, all of the in-game cutscenes are all using the updated models.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2020-05-20 at 03:30 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

the cinematics which we knew several months prior weren't getting redone.
    Do you have a source for that? Was talking about this wiht someone earlier and we searched, trying to find any official word that they were no longer getting redone. Can you link it?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source for that? Was talking about this wiht someone earlier and we searched, trying to find any official word that they were no longer getting redone. Can you link it?
    From back in 2018 - 4 minutes and 30 seconds into this: https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...sic-cinematics

From back in 2018 - 4 minutes and 30 seconds into this: https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...sic-cinematics
    Ahh okay, my bad there. I was meaning cutscenes, not cinematics. I'll fix up my post there.

But the updated cutscenes were one of the big features, was used in advertising well after launch, despite being removed, and never having said they were being cancelled.

Still false advertising.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh okay, my bad there. I was meaning cutscenes, not cinematics. I'll fix up my post there.

But the updated cutscenes were one of the big features, was used in advertising well after launch, despite being removed, and never having said they were being cancelled.

Still false advertising.
    You're still being a little confusing here, because the in-game cutscenes all do use the updated models. It's only the pre-rendered cinematics that weren't updated and Blizzard acknowledged in 2018 that they weren't being updated.

You're still being a little confusing here, because the in-game cutscenes all do use the updated models.
    Yes, but that's not what they promised. They said they would update the cinematics, rerecord voices, new camera shots, ect. They gave an example of what it would be like with the Culling of Stratholm intro cut-scene.

Instead, they just did a model swap.

Again, they never said they were removed and continued to use the footage in their advertisements - despite removing it from the game - even after launch.

They didn't false advertise, they just assumed that their fans were smarter than they are. They delivered exactly what they said they would, WarCraft 3 with updated graphics. People claimed false advertising because they didn't like that the website said that there were hours of reforged cutscenes, but that was accurate. The in-game cutscenes used the new models. Anyone who thought they were going to get completely re-done prerendered Cinematics for a $30 HD re-release of a game was only fooling themselves.

It's inexcusable that it has taken them this long to get the ranked system out, and their communication has been complete and total shit since before the beta, but they didn't false advertise.

I hope they're able to get this game turned around, because the original was fantastic and Reforged has the potential to be, but knowing Blizzard's "fans" I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Of course they did. BlizzCon 2018 Stratholme mission with cinematic camera angles, lip sync and motion capture aka really redone cutscenes.
    People werent surprised about the CGI cinematics, we knew only the intro one was redone, they specifically said so right after Blizzcon, IIRC. We complained about the in-game ones, which were the same. Some were even atrocious, like when Tyrande falls into river - the bridge just dissapears. Took 2 months to fix that one...

Also, the Stratholme trailer was one the WC3 homepage had as the primary video, even for a month after release - clear false advertising, nothing of that was in-game. Blizzard was repeatedly called out about it on both official game forums and on Reddit. And when they finally removed it, it stayed for quite a bit in other languages than English, which made people rage even more.
    Gee, I wonder why Blizzard kept that trailer for so long xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Thought the official word is they haven't decided to cancel it but are taking guidelines under consideration. November is a long way off and things can change a lot by then. I fully suspect if this pandemic is still rampant prior to Blizzcon, it will be cancelled.
    Super high chance they'll do it online only, through VT with demo's pushed to VT holders like they did with classic. We're probably getting at least one launch date announcement this year, so I doubt they'd cancel it entirely, just have a scaled back version at the offices for announcements, who the hell needs all that big showy shit anyway.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh, look a lazy response. Not every gets caught up in any of this BS. But it is true. They were going to do something different, fans bitched, so they said fuck it, we are just going to update the graphics and keep the old cinematics told everyone they changed their minds, then everyone went where the fuck are the new cinematics, FALSE ADVERTISING!!!
    Both things happened actually. Yes, we were lied to, but yes they also decided to go back on some changes because of massive backlash.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You watched BlizzCon 2018 video, excited, and pre-order the game.
    End of the story.

Blizzard didn't expect people actually play a 18 year old game !

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Of course they did. BlizzCon 2018 Stratholme mission with cinematic camera angles, lip sync and motion capture aka really redone cutscenes.
    People werent surprised about the CGI cinematics, we knew only the intro one was redone, they specifically said so right after Blizzcon, IIRC. We complained about the in-game ones, which were the same. Some were even atrocious, like when Tyrande falls into river - the bridge just dissapears. Took 2 months to fix that one...

Also, the Stratholme trailer was one the WC3 homepage had as the primary video, even for a month after release - clear false advertising, nothing of that was in-game. Blizzard was repeatedly called out about it on both official game forums and on Reddit. And when they finally removed it, it stayed for quite a bit in other languages than English, which made people rage even more.
    Gee, I wonder why Blizzard kept that trailer for so long xD
    There is no winning for Blizzard with this community. Release an HD version of their game with all new models and people complain, promise to update the game to reflect the current lore and people complain. Forums, Twitter, Reddit, etc calling out Blizzard isn't proof of anything. The only thing this community loves more than Blizzard games is hating Blizzard as an entity and everything they do while reminiscing about the good old days which quite frankly were shit too. I'm guilty of this sometimes as well. We got an HD overhaul of a game we loved 20 years ago for $30. Yeah I'm still mad at them for being slow with patches, having zero communication, and taking this long to add features that should have been in at launch, but I can't accuse them of false advertisement, the footage you're talking about even had a warning that it was alpha footage and subject to change.

That said I like your sig a lot. lol.

There is no winning for Blizzard with this community. Release an HD version of their game with all new models and people complain, promise to update the game to reflect the current lore and people complain. Forums, Twitter, Reddit, etc calling out Blizzard isn't proof of anything. The only thing this community loves more than Blizzard games is hating Blizzard as an entity and everything they do while reminiscing about the good old days which quite frankly were shit too. I'm guilty of this sometimes as well. We got an HD overhaul of a game we loved 20 years ago for $30. Yeah I'm still mad at them for being slow with patches, having zero communication, and taking this long to add features that should have been in at launch, but I can't accuse them of false advertisement, the footage you're talking about even had a warning that it was alpha footage and subject to change.

That said I like your sig a lot. lol.
    How do people like you exist? You’re like a company’s wet dream. Don’t criticize, defend and consume.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giovaaa View Post
    How do people like you exist? You’re like a company’s wet dream. Don’t criticize, defend and consume.
    I, the person who just criticized the company for things they actually did, am their wet dream because I'm advocating not criticizing them for things they didn't actually do? What kind of logic is that? I'm super critical of Blizzard when they fuck up. I don't just wake up in the morning and say "Well what can I misinterpret today and then squawk at Blizzard about?" like some people seem to.

I absolutely love that the post you quoted to tell me that I advocate not criticizing Blizzard has me listing three things that Blizzard has done a horrendous job at and criticized them for it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too little, too late.

Nah fuck them, they don't deserve any money after butchering a classic like Warcraft III. Let's just hope they don't destroy the Diablo II Remaster when it gets released.