Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Sorry but to me this reads that if you search long and hard enough you'll find some sort of article on this matter that will create the narrative of this story that suits more to your world view.
    More or less in agreement here. You could pick and choose articles from whatever narrow media source you use to form a narrative.

It is well know how the police acts in the US, how the police Union functions and how police are trained. There is actual training seminar footage out there that encourages aggressive behaviour. This modus operandi is clearly reflected in their actions reported on by the press.
    Not really in disagreement - in order to detain or engage with violent people, you will have to use "aggressive behaviour".

While we can question if the death of a black women was an accident or not, what we cannot question is how police officers, who's job is to maintain peace went in guns blazing i would argue that this behaviour, how they are trained to deal with situations is the root problem here not the media bias.
    This is obviously true as well. The problem was an innocent person got killed. The interpretation of why is related to media bias (as indicated by the comment I was replying to).

This is also a vicious circle the more the police acts as they do the more people tend to become increasingly distrusting and the more unsafe the US becomes for "peace keepers", what in their turn leads to using more violence on the public, especially a certain demographic of the public.
    If anything they do a better job to protect women a lot more than men. Being black as well as female would do virtually nothing to increase any real risk to an entire demographic. Women (black) just aren't receiving much violence from the police compared to men (black or white).

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another sad part about this is, i don't even have the click the article to know what skin complexion she had.
    Funny, when it's a victim that comment is allowed but if it was "man shoots store owner then robs the place because he looked at him the wrong way" and I said the same thing I'd be called racist and given an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Funny, when it's a victim that comment is allowed but if it was "man shoots store owner then robs the place because he looked at him the wrong way" and I said the same thing I'd be called racist and given an infraction.
    Well because that is racist... I guess you are incapable of telling malice in your comments, and the lack of it in Acid's.

One notes the problem with black Americans too often being victims of crimes while unarmed, the other perpetuates racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Because one is how people treat a person and the other is how that person behaves. Theres a stark difference. Though I suppose in your scenario the way people treat a person is also applicable to you.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Actually based on other articles, it seems their warrant was justified because the drug dealer they were after was having packages delivered to her house.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ot/5181690002/
    Turns out this was a lie, the Postal Inspector said there is no such record of this, so the police lied

On top of this, when they killed her they asked the mother and hid it asking if her daughter had any enemies, or if she was having issues with her boyfriend AFTER THEY KILLED HER

So it seems now the police lied in order to get a no knock warrant.

5+ Year Old Account
    execute them...

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    execute them...
    mmmmmmmmURICA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    With the no knock warrants how is it okay for the cops to shoot someone they think is a criminal but not okay for the home owner to shoot someone they think is a criminal?
    It is a logical fallacy in the law. Law allows you to defend with lethal force, even against cops if they fail to properly announce themselves, but it also allows for them to shoot you to defend themselves.
    Let's just say that cops get preference in the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    execute them...
    And here we see a part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There is nothing contradictory whatsoever in that post. I think you may have issues with assuming others' intent without basis in fact.
    Without basis? You can't accuse me of assuming things without basis after writing stuff such as "I wish he had" and "the end justifies the means". In fact, I'm pretty sure I was spot-on on my assumptions, but you're more than welcome to enlighten me about what you truly meant, if it wasn't what I had assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I didn't talk about you, but rather to you since you are one of the ones that seem to be reasonable in this situation.
    Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most damning thing is that the police didn't kill the person shooting at them, but someone else. So not only are they illegally in someone else's house, after having failed to identify themselves, they also suck at aiming so bad that none of them hit the only thing that kinda looks like a threat to them.

Police training in the US needs to be seriously rethought. A google says the average is 13-19 weeks.
    A quick google says it takes:
    3 years in Germany
    3+ years in the UK
    ~1.5 years in Australia

Even the Aus one seems short to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I think the most damning thing is that the police didn't kill the person shooting at them, but someone else. So not only are they illegally in someone else's house, after having failed to identify themselves, they also suck at aiming so bad that none of them hit the only thing that kinda looks like a threat to them.

Police training in the US needs to be seriously rethought. A google says the average is 13-19 weeks.
    3 years in Germany
    3+ years in the UK
    ~1.5 years in Australia

I doubt training will do much, its a systemic issue with how violence/police brutality is tolerated within the system. They know they can get away with murder, nothing is stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post

3 years in Germany
    3+ years in the UK
    ~1.5 years in Australia

That's damning, but what I think the most damning is the fact they lied in order to get a no knock warrant AND THEN raided a house after they already had the suspect they wanted custody.

then lied to the mother asking if the daughter had enemies or if she and her boyfriend were in fights. Literally seems as though they were preparing to frame the boyfriend as the killer

They are truly disgusting.

There is more to the story than meets the eye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    There is more to the story than meets the eye.
    What is it? Please provide the “more”.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    What is it? Please provide the “more”.
    The police immediately got shot as soon as they enter the house.
    Either this family prepares to shoot people all the time or they know the police is coming.
    Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Either this family prepares to shoot people all the time or they know the police is coming.
    Is that normal?
    If someone forcefully breaks down my door to enter my house and doesn't announce they are police, you can bet your ass I'll be justified in shooting first and asking questions later.

Is that what happened here? They apparently had enough time to call 911. I think they were in the house for some time.

Is that normal?
    If one keeps a gun for home defense, it makes sense to keep it loaded and at a hand's reach, don't you think?
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    If one keeps a gun for home defense, it makes sense to keep it loaded and at a hand's reach, don't you think?
    When is the last time people break into your home?

Non sequitur. I'll answer if you'll be able to prove that there's a connection between my point and your question - but you won't, because there isn't any.

Are you aware that this happened in USA, where it is legal to have the loaded gun at hand? It does not matter why you have a loaded gun, as long as it is legaly purchased the law allows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.