Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Your ballot is sealed, and I don't think that Democrats are dropping their ballots off at the local Republican field office. You can drop you ballot off in the mail, at your city hall, at your voting location, or give it (in CA) to a family member or friend to drop off. I'm still not sure what you're worried about, can you be more specific?
    I think votes should not bear a mark of a party when dropped in the mail. I think they should have no discernible party affiliation to ensure that no one would be tempted to try and mess with votes. I think I was pretty clear about this, something you seem not at all bothered with. What if a Republican was handling mail and decided he did not want democrat affiliated votes to go through? I am not saying it would happen, not saying people would be that dishonest. I just think eliminating the chance is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I think votes should not bear a mark of a party when dropped in the mail.
    Have you voted by mail, ever? Because in CA, they don't. There's no outward indication of your party affiliation or how you voted.

I think they should have no discernible party affiliation to ensure that no one would be tempted to try and mess with votes.
    A hypothetical, and it's hard to note view it as projection given that Republicans functionally did this in NC.

What if a Republican was handling mail and decided he did not want democrat affiliated votes to go through?
    It would be a member of the postal service, with no way of knowing anything about the voter whose ballot they were handling. If they messed with it, that would be a felony.

I just think eliminating the chance is a good idea.
    There needs to be a reason to add an additional burden onto voters. Not baseless hypotheticals.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-05-20 at 09:57 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    This is how it is...

The last thing I may be under any level of scrutiny is a Trump supporter. But obviously, you think I am one. I might suspect you see me as the problem.
    You are both a Trump supporter (whether you know it or not) and definitely the problem. We shall see if you are intelligent enough to learn and grow.

And to the contrary, I see you see as the problem. But not because you support Trump, but because you blindly follow Team Blue regardless of how little they may actually do to serve your political interests.
    As usual, your initial premise is entirely unfounded. Do you lie on purpose or is it just because you're too lazy to read up on those people you're commenting on?

Never, not once, ever, have I blindly supported Team Blue. If you disagree, you go right ahead and link the quote, from me, that proves your point. Otherwise, we'll wait for your apology - because you're intellectually honest, right? I guess we'll find out.

What I do is support Team Blue, in this election, regardless of any other factors, because Trump is a plague on this country and the world at large. In every single category Trump and his Team Deplorable have made this country worse, proving over and over again that he and his Crime Family are only out to line their own pockets.

Trump must be stopped. Period. It's the only path to recovery for the United States. It's the only path to saving the larger world from what we would wrought on them in a country based on Trump's blight.

So my premise isn't Team Blue blindly, as you so ignorantly point out, but defeating Team Deplorable (and to a great extend Team Red), no matter what. To do that we must defeat Trump in November. To do that, we must vote Biden. Period.

To not vote Biden, or to attack him either personally or on policy, is to help Trump. I'm not suggesting we not criticize Team Blue in general, or Biden specifically; but not now - not in this election cycle. Why? Because there is no point in doing it. Debating policy or ideas, in this election cycle, is irrelevant. The entire election is a referendum on Trump - do you want someone like him at the leader? Period. Everything else is both secondary and irrelevant.

Now do you understand?

- - - Updated - - -

So the post office is now an affiliated branch of every election board in every state. I'd ask for a link or some citation, but we all know that is not going to happen. I never claimed there was voter fraud, something you seem to want to bring up. I simply stated that a vote should not be knowingly handled by someone of a possible(never know how people vote) opposition party. It should be anonymous. You can pretend that doesn't matter, you seem to be hand waving it off anyways..
    The mail in process is anonymous. No affiliation is listed on mail-in ballots, so postal workers handling the mail in ballots cannot know the affiliation of the ballots they are moving through the process.

Does that clear up the misunderstanding?

This is how they dismiss you outright(especially tds cubby), everyone who does not support Blue is a trumpster. You could be voting green party or anything else, but that means, to them, you are wasting a vote and helping Trump. It is a bit unhinged that they think your freedom to do what you want qualifies you as a"trumpster". They have no retort to you using your freedom in the way they do not see fit, so you're a trumpster.
    I see TexasLies is in full swing. Don't you ever get tired of being so dishonest, at almost every turn?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    To not vote Biden, or to attack him either personally or on policy, is to help Trump.
    So you are for Biden what a Trump zombie is for Trump.

We shall have to agree to disagree, because your position is unmitigated sycophancy in the extreme.

All of this while still proclaiming that it's the Democrats that are anti-democracy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you are for Biden what a Trump zombie is for Trump.

We shall have to agree to disagree, because your position is unmitigated sycophancy in the extreme.
    And your position is an unmitigated, and now fully documented, willfully ignorant lie.

Thanks for making the world a worse place. Your rebuttal discourse is exactly what we expect from a closet Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I still don’t see him pitching organized intimidation squads to suppress voters, like the republicans here are.
    Yes, that's bad. At the same time, there's a long history on both sides of voter fuckery. In more recent times the Dems seem to follow the rules more honestly than does the GOP. I agree that the GOP is currently the least legitimate of either major party. I've said so. And FWIW, I think Greg Palast has uncovered a fuckton of interesting stuff over the many years, so be entertained: https://www.gregpalast.com/tag/vote-suppression/

But both major parties compete for corporate dollars, and in my view not just the ones you know about from places like Opensecrets.org. Given things like the Panama Papers, we know that there are many places around the world that are all tax avoidance and wealth havens for secret money being squirreled away from prying eyes. Either side will do anything, use any expediency, to shoulder out the opposition. The GOP has been at it longer and is better at it.

But once the Dems abandoned being the party of the working-class, they also acquired their own set of utter bullshit talking points and identity politics to keep people voting for them. Which is merely the playbook they got from the GOP.

And sure, every now and again, you get a reach-around with the lubeless assplay because both parties have to have those votes. I'd say it amounts to something like intermittent reward in Skinnerian terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that's bad. At the same time, there's a long history on both sides of voter fuckery.
    What a great excuse to never do anything about it. If you complain about everyone doing it, when it is actually happening, how exactly does that solve, instead of exacerbate the problem?

Is your argument that if Biden was president, there would be monitors as well, then we should bitch about Trump, because everyone does it?

Edit: I don’t think you are cognizant of it, but your argument is to normalize this sort of shit.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-21 at 01:04 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Edit: I don’t think you are cognizant of it, but your argument is to normalize this sort of shit.
    Yes, I am so daft I just don't get things. Help me, Felya...

I don't have to normalize it, it is normal. Bro, do you even read history?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am so daft I just don't get things. Help me, Felya...
    Did you notice that all, but one sentence, you replied to, ended with a question mark? Did I in my might, force you to respond to the edit and ignore the question?

I don't have to normalize it, it is normal. Bro, do you even read history?
    I don’t see it as normal, which is irrelevant to history. I don’t tend to normalize things that I disagree with, which has nothing to do with history.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    So the post office is now an affiliated branch of every election board in every state. I'd ask for a link or some citation, but we all know that is not going to happen. I never claimed there was voter fraud, something you seem to want to bring up. I simply stated that a vote should not be knowingly handled by someone of a possible(never know how people vote) opposition party. It should be anonymous. You can pretend that doesn't matter, you seem to be hand waving it off anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how they dismiss you outright(especially tds cubby), everyone who does not support Blue is a trumpster. You could be voting green party or anything else, but that means, to them, you are wasting a vote and helping Trump. It is a bit unhinged that they think your freedom to do what you want qualifies you as a"trumpster". They have no retort to you using your freedom in the way they do not see fit, so you're a trumpster.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like they didn't have black panthers do it for Obama, it's just Republicans....
    [Infraction]
    Are you suggesting that post office workers open every ballot and see what party they’re affiliated with?

Goddam that would be an incredible violation of law and privacy and an amazing news story. I’m waiting for your evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    All of this while still proclaiming that it's the Democrats that are anti-democracy.
    As I've said before, you always know what the Republicans are up to because it's whatever they're accusing the Democrats of.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    As I've said before, you always know what the Republicans are up to because it's whatever they're accusing the Democrats of.
    Yeah...it's like a husband that always suspects his wife is cheating on him because he's been cheating on her.