Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is the nightelf lore going to be adresses in Shadowlands? (not Tyrande)

I have been trying to keep up with all the interview but frankly there was so much stuff that I am not really interested in, that I kinda zoomed out sometimes.
    Now I saw a Bellular video on youtube where he dropped something like (not the exact quote) "Ion stated that the development of the new night elf and undead culture does not fit the storyline that shadowlands wants to tell".

Is that really a quote from Ion/some other relevant person? If you, could you link me to the specific interview / presentation, please?

Yes, it very explicitly will be. Tyrande is a main character, and has a major storyline with Shandris. Ion said that the development in regards to getting new capitols will not be in Shadowlands, Night elves are very much in Shadowlands.

Yeah, I only mentioned that in the title not in the post - I specifically mean the night elf storyline, not Tyrande. I know that her story is going to be continued but it seems really unimportant compared with the fate of the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have been trying to keep up with all the interview but frankly there was so much stuff that I am not really interested in, that I kinda zoomed out sometimes.
    Now I saw a Bellular video on youtube where he dropped something like (not the exact quote) "Ion stated that the development of the new night elf and undead culture does not fit the storyline that shadowlands wants to tell".

Is that really a quote from Ion/some other relevant person? If you, could you link me to the specific interview / presentation, please?
    Ion specifically mentioned that the Night Elves as a society will be addressed and they are not forgotten, just that Shadowlands might not be the right time for it. He did mention addressing that story point in 10.0 though. If you want exact quotes, you can check WoWChakra's interview with Ion and skip to the part with the Night Elf questions. It shouldn't be hard to find.

I don't see how they could meaningfully adress that without completely throwing us out of the ongoing story for the duration.

We're going to be literally worlds away from the bulk of the Night Elf population during SL.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't see how they could meaningfully adress that without completely throwing us out of the ongoing story for the duration.

We're going to be literally worlds away from the bulk of the Night Elf population during SL.
    Yeah, thats actually the interesting part. Why are we going to Shadowlands before those stories are finished in the first place? To ve honest, now that you said it, it makes Shadowlands feel really displaced at this point in time. Hm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Ion specifically mentioned that the Night Elves as a society will be addressed and they are not forgotten, just that Shadowlands might not be the right time for it. He did mention addressing that story point in 10.0 though. If you want exact quotes, you can check WoWChakra's interview with Ion and skip to the part with the Night Elf questions. It shouldn't be hard to find.
    Thank you very much, I am going to check that out again!

Hopefully not. The Night Elves are best when they're in the background, where they're not just glorified punching bags.

Well we're going to get at least some development as the undead are slowly being introduced to Calia and we'll see how that goes and when they'll pick up on that and this "scarlet brotherhood" plot hook.

Tyrande will be in one of the shadowlands zones, that's about all we know so far. She'll almost certainly be with us when we kill Sylvanas, gathering some nice heapin' spoonfuls of banshee blood for that "I will sign no treaty unless it's in the banshee's blood" promise. IDK if they'll call that even if the forsaken help her kill Sylvanas or whether the conflict between those groups will continue past that.

Part of me still hopes we come back from the shadowlands only to find that all of Durotar has been crushed underneath a giant grimacing Elune.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-05-21 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, I think that The Shadowlands will focus on Core characters and the realm of the dead, Most of the Story around the Races of Azeroth and the factions... will stay back at azeroth.

I makes sence and its best this way, in my eyes the expansion after Shadowlands will be an Azeroth revamp where we will get in deep what is going on witwh the Night elfs and the forsaken. (Their Capitols cities where burned for a reason... so I think we will see alot of them in 10.0)

Don't you worry, the Lore team of blizzard is at its best... have faith and it will be there in the future.

PS: to all of you few haters that will come down on me for saying that [Blizzards Lore team is at its best] BFA was really hurt by having many stories done at the same time... they have learned from this and told us many times that in the future they will focus on the core Lore and 1 simple big story...
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2020-05-21 at 08:01 AM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Yeah, thats actually the interesting part. Why are we going to Shadowlands before those stories are finished in the first place? To ve honest, now that you said it, it makes Shadowlands feel really displaced at this point in time. Hm.
    Part of it is, I'm guessing, that the Night Elf and Forsaken reconstruction efforts aren't of interest to the majority of the faction, so if we focused just on those stories, most people wouldn't care too much. Part of it is that new threats related to Shadowlands surface before reconstruction is complete, so we have to deal with that; otherwise we risk all of Azeroth being destroyed (more than likely). I'm sure the pre-launch event will shine a much bigger light on why Shadowlands is more pressing than finding a new home for Forsaken and Sentinels.

I haven't heard of them focusing on Night elf story at all outside of Tyrande and Shadowlands - eg, what are they doing after winning Darkshore and so on.

Which is a shame, if what Ion said is true, RPers for example will be stuck in limbo hell for the duration of the expansion because there's nothing to go on from. Bet they're not even going to update a zone in SL or the expansion after to show current developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Part of it is, I'm guessing, that the Night Elf and Forsaken reconstruction efforts aren't of interest to the majority of the faction, so if we focused just on those stories, most people wouldn't care too much. Part of it is that new threats related to Shadowlands surface before reconstruction is complete, so we have to deal with that; otherwise we risk all of Azeroth being destroyed (more than likely). I'm sure the pre-launch event will shine a much bigger light on why Shadowlands is more pressing than finding a new home for Forsaken and Sentinels.
    I mean it's not only about reconstruction. For the night elves, the faction war never stopped (and rightfully so). Killing Sylvanas might be a first step to come to peace, but then again it was the horde who burned Teldrassil, not Sylvanas.
    So while I understand that the rebuilding part might not be of interest to the majority, the part where one faction is on its way to break away from the alliance and continues a war that the other alliance leaders have declared over, seems to be a topic that would be of interest to more people.

Because they really aren't all that important to our characters, just to you as a player. It's more of a political issue, and you're not playing a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because they really aren't all that important to our characters, just to you as a player. It's more of a political issue, and you're not playing a politician.
    Wait, as a nightelf from my characters point of view, there is literally nothing of lore importance. Same should go for all other alliance characters. To be honest I think it is exactly the othee way around: In theory our characters should care way more than we as players.

Wait, as a nightelf from my characters point of view, there is literally nothing of lore importance. Same should go for all other alliance characters. To be honest I think it is exactly the othee way around: In theory our characters should care way more than we as players.
    No, they shouldn't, because a) there's nothing they can really do about it and b) they currently have far more pressing issues on their mind. Like a horde of undead and a huge rift to the afterlife.

Tyrande is not the night elves, she is just one of them. Same for shandris, if she plays a role there. The Shadowlands will deal with Tyrande and maybe Shandris, which means their story, which at best includes the whole cringe-warrior stuff. Expecting them to adress anything in regards to the Nelf population in general seems more than just foolish and likely won't happen until we leave the Shadowlands again, be that 10.0 or >9.1.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I haven't heard of them focusing on Night elf story at all outside of Tyrande and Shadowlands - eg, what are they doing after winning Darkshore and so on.

Which is a shame, if what Ion said is true, RPers for example will be stuck in limbo hell for the duration of the expansion because there's nothing to go on from. Bet they're not even going to update a zone in SL or the expansion after to show current developments.
    Azeroth doesn't change when you're not on Azeroth. Simple as that. Same thing happened Warlords and the latter half of TBC (though they did add new races that significantly changed Azeroth at the beginning).

I understand if people are upset and wanted another Azeroth expansion on the tail end of BFA to see the changes that result from the war, but they likely feel a break from Azeroth is needed (or they need the time to do more model/texture updates inhouse before they reveal what the next Azeroth expansion looks like).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Part of me still hopes we come back from the shadowlands only to find that all of Durotar has been crushed underneath a giant grimacing Elune.
    I wouldn't even be mad, I hate orgrimmar as the faction hub with a passion. Worst city ingame.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I mean it's not only about reconstruction. For the night elves, the faction war never stopped (and rightfully so). Killing Sylvanas might be a first step to come to peace, but then again it was the horde who burned Teldrassil, not Sylvanas.
    So while I understand that the rebuilding part might not be of interest to the majority, the part where one faction is on its way to break away from the alliance and continues a war that the other alliance leaders have declared over, seems to be a topic that would be of interest to more people.
    Yeah, though I doubt they're ready to deal with more faction war right now. They might deal a bit with this during the night elf heritage armor questline, though, particularly if Sylvanas is defeated before that questline is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And part of me hopes we come back to a roasted Darnassus.

Oh wait