View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    But the standards were there. Two states decided decided to ignore them. The UK and Italy havent been ostracized for being sieves for chinese counterfeits. You just investigate and fix it. It was a massive fuck up by 2 states which doesnt warrant blaming all of the US for. We don't blame all of the UK for tower infernos.
    It took them years, years to do something, it was investigated but charges were dropped last year, no one went to jail for endangering thousands of people and possibly killing a few. Also that this even happened is because of a lack of investment, propper oversight, and well safety standards, because safety standards that can be ignored by officials aren't worth the paper they're written on. Generally speaking, their safety standards are shite and the ones they have don't get properly enforced. Look at fracking and the natural damage that's involved with it, their roads and bridges, their electricity network, their dams and dikes, and so on, the list is almost endless.

As for food borne illnesse on poultry i'll go read your articles.
    That country only works because they managed to indoctrinate themselves with one message: US #1. Oh, and of course because everyone has freedom, that includes dying to the most basic stuff that's practically outlawed in the western world. This shit wouldn't fly anywhere else that calls itself a representative democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the standards were there. Two states decided decided to ignore them. The UK and Italy havent been ostracized for being sieves for chinese counterfeits. You just investigate and fix it. It was a massive fuck up by 2 states which doesnt warrant blaming all of the US for. We don't blame all of the UK for tower infernos.

As for food borne illnesse on poultry i'll go read your articles.

- - - Updated - - -

We pump ours full of antibiotics too. Close quarters breeding makes it a necessity.
    It is more limited in their feed and i am not sure if we also treat the "end product" once more with another dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is more limited in their feed and i am not sure if we also treat the "end product" once more with another dose.
    Sure, but the more intensive the breeding is the more you need to medicate. We are not
    at US levels but the fundamental problem is to try to breed more animals in as little space as possible.

Edit: i didnt want to come across as trolling or defending the us practices. But there is a genuine argument and discussion that needs to happen for GMOs. I was wondering about chlorine as i hadnt read much into it.
    Let's get back on topic.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-05-20 at 09:53 PM.

Is Scotland still leaving the UK?

Government confirms that no-deal would "overwhelm" emergency services.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mergency-teams

Gove latest person to confirm that there WILL be a border in the Irish Sea.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sing-irish-sea

More of that "good news" about Brexit you keep shouting about @dribbles? Are you going to tell us that Gove is now lying about it as well? Or that the Government's own report is "fake news".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    A quick google brings an article about a 2018 vote to limit the use of antimicrobials as a preventative measure

https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles...n-farm-animals

Which hints at the EU actually being aware of the issues

Probably however countries will then grant special rights to ignore the rules in 2022 to their farmers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Is Scotland still leaving the UK?
    Not at present. Whether they'll still be in the UK 5-10 years from now is up in the air with Brexit looming, but as of right now there has been no new referendum on that matter.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not at present. Whether they'll still be in the UK 5-10 years from now is up in the air with Brexit looming, but as of right now there has been no new referendum on that matter.
    There wont be, England believes it is perfectly cool to keep millions stuck in unions they might want no part off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    There wont be, England believes it is perfectly cool to keep millions stuck in unions they might want no part off
    There will be more elections in the future. It's entirely plausible that another indyref will happen if Labour & co manages to regroup sufficiently within the next decade, as Brexit goes all pear-shaped.

There will be more elections in the future. It's entirely plausible that another indyref will happen if Labour & co manages to regroup sufficiently within the next decade, as Brexit goes all pear-shaped.
    The Labour party is essentially dead at this point-even with the conservatives causing the highest death toll in Europe Labour are 15% behind in the polls.

I'd also be surprised if any Labour government would have much interest in indyref since mostly that just causes people in England to vote Tory. They may be ideologically sympathetic to one but there are a lot of Labour people are sick of the SNP and their habit of letting the Tories in.

The Labour party is essentially dead at this point-even with the conservatives causing the highest death toll in Europe Labour are 15% behind in the polls. That's even before people starting bringing up disturbing legal record (and they will).

I'd also be surprised if any Labour government would have much interest in indyref since mostly that just causes people in England to vote Tory. They may be ideologically sympathetic to one but there are a lot of Labour people are sick of the SNP and their habit of letting the Tories in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Government confirms that no-deal would "overwhelm" emergency services.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mergency-teams

Gove latest person to confirm that there WILL be a border in the Irish Sea.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sing-irish-sea

More of that "good news" about Brexit you keep shouting about @dribbles? Are you going to tell us that Gove is now lying about it as well? Or that the Government's own report is "fake news".
    I don't know why remainers get so excited about the break up of the UK. Why do you find it something to celebrate? Brexiteers will stop that I promise you.

Anyhow as I was saying re the Irish border, no new infrastructure has been built yet, why is that? No new customs officers have been recruited to facilitate more checks, why is that? The clock is ticking we have until January, you think they might like to start sometime soon?

But, I will tell you why - no let the Irish deputy pm, I'm fed up with you, perhaps you will believe him:-

The British government say there will be no new physical infrastructure around customs in Northern Ireland or in Great Britain facing Northern Ireland.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN22W2TQ

Can we put your silliness to bed now please?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I don't know why remainers get so excited about the break up of the UK. Why do you find it something to celebrate? Brexiteers will stop that I promise you.

Anyhow as I was saying re the Irish border, no new infrastructure has been built yet, why is that? No new customs officers have been recruited to facilitate more checks, why is that? The clock is ticking we have until January, you think they might like to start sometime soon?

But, I will tell you why - no let the Irish deputy pm, I'm fed up with you, perhaps you will believe him:-

The British government say there will be no new physical infrastructure around customs in Northern Ireland or in Great Britain facing Northern Ireland.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN22W2TQ

Can we put your silliness to bed now please?
    Full quote:

“I think there will be a lot of sceptical people in the EU when they hear the British government say there will be no new physical infrastructure around customs in Northern Ireland or in Great Britain facing Northern Ireland,” he added, saying the proposal was nevertheless a step forward.

nobody with more brain activity than a dead amoeaba believes the brit gov and since this very gov now admits there have to be customs infrastructure, the "not going to happen" stance is out of the window.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Full quote:

“I think there will be a lot of sceptical people in the EU when they hear the British government say there will be no new physical infrastructure around customs in Northern Ireland or in Great Britain facing Northern Ireland,” he added, saying the proposal was nevertheless a step forward.

nobody with more brain activity than a dead amoeaba believes the brit gov and since this very gov now admits there have to be customs infrastructure, the "not going to happen" stance is out of the window.
    Ok so you don't believe the Simon Coveney/EU statement. From the horses mouth then...

No new customs infrastructure

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...eland-protocol

Case closed eurochums.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Ok so you don't believe the Simon Coveney/EU statement. From the horses mouth then...

No new customs infrastructure

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...eland-protocol

Case closed eurochums.
    Hmm. So the UK wants there to be no border in Ireland, allowing NI to trade freely with the EU. It also wants no border between NI and the UK, allowing NI to trade freely with the UK. It also wants to diverge from EU standards on goods and to no longer be under the oversight of the ECJ.

You can have two of those three; and as a sovereign nation we can pick which two we want. All three are literally impossible, but trust the Brexit crew to ask for unicorns. Again.

Our negotiations are either being led by morons, or people that want the negotiations to fail. Which would also make them morons. I despair.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Hmm. So the UK wants there to be no border in Ireland, allowing NI to trade freely with the EU. It also wants no border between NI and the UK, allowing NI to trade freely with the UK. It also wants to diverge from EU standards on goods and to no longer be under the oversight of the ECJ.

You can have two of those three; and as a sovereign nation we can pick which two we want. All three are literally impossible, but trust the Brexit crew to ask for unicorns. Again.

Our negotiations are either being led by morons, or people that want the negotiations to fail. Which would also make them morons. I despair.
    Dribbles belief is that the UK will not implement a border, violate the withdraw agreement and because the UK is now a free sovereign nation the EU will have completely no way of touching them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account

Finally the penny drops. The Brexit crew = our Boris and the British government.

With a massive 80 seat brexit mandate given to them democratically by the British Brexit people just a few months ago, yet again, it means exactly this...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Dribbles belief is that the UK will not implement a border, violate the withdraw agreement and because the UK is now a free sovereign nation the EU will have completely no way of touching them.
    ^^ Gz! you summed it up exactly. (except the EU broke the WA first so technically it's down to them, but let's not get all Pann about this!)

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been stated before in here, but it bears repetition for our local Brexit supporters, but the EU can sanction the UK if the UK decides to deliberately breach an international treaty it has signed with the EU.

Have fun with that, I guess.

Finally the penny drops. The Brexit crew = our Boris and the British government.

With a massive 80 seat brexit mandate given to them democratically by the British Brexit people just a few months ago, yet again, it means exactly this...
    Fine. So Boris and his crew of idiots use the democratic mandate they got from their 40% of the vote to push ahead with a stupid damaging course of action. As I said some time back, at least this way people like you will have no place to hide when Brexit fucks this country over utterly.

Of course you'll still try and blame it on something else, because you've never taken responsibility for anything.

I notice you've given up trying to sell the Brexit "benefits" to us. There you were saying there were a multitude you could use, and the only two you actually came up with were basically "Brexit might repair some of the damage that Brexit caused". Where's this long list you promised?

7+ Year Old Account
    Fine. So Boris and his crew of idiots use the democratic mandate they got from their 40% of the vote to push ahead with a stupid damaging course of action. As I said some time back, at least this way people like you will have no place to hide when Brexit fucks this country over utterly.

Of course you'll still try and blame it on something else, because you've never taken responsibility for anything.

I notice you've given up trying to sell the Brexit "benefits" to us. There you were saying there were a multitude you could use, and the only two you actually came up with were basically "Brexit might repair some of the damage that Brexit caused". Where's this long list you promised?
    Not just Boris is it though. No major UK party is saying they will take the UK back into the EU.

Labour leader Keir Starmer tells Remainers Brexit debate is ‘over’ as he vows not to rejoin EU if he becomes PM

Maybe only the monster raving loonies would do that?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/116936...s-brexit-over/

And it isn't for me to sell Brexit benefits, that's been done and we won. It's for the ever diminishing rejoiners to now make their case for EU benefits, in time for the next referendum in about hhhhmmmm let me see 40 years time would be fair no?