Hopefully the ripple effect has an effect on the gap between gear tiers. Mythic quality gear should definitely be stronger and superior, but by a reasonable amount so the trend of isolating new and returning players becomes less of an issue.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some WoW streamers are saying no build at all this week. Maybe tomorrow but don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Some WoW streamers are saying no build at all this week. Maybe tomorrow but don't hold your breath.
    Wasn't the plan to have Oribos this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wasn't the plan to have Oribos this week?
    Wasn't the original plan to have it at the end of april or at least beginning of the month according to the initial blue post? I don't think they adhere to a strict schedule here, also tbh, I'd rather see Ardeneweald. We already have the dungeon, the city is a 5 minute thing anyway and crafting will still be crafting at the end of the day. I doubt they will actually make it usefull, even if the new stat selection part is nice.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wasn't the original plan to have it at the end of april or at least beginning of the month according to the initial blue post? I don't think they adhere to a strict schedule here, also tbh, I'd rather see Ardeneweald. We already have the dungeon, the city is a 5 minute thing anyway and crafting will still be crafting at the end of the day. I doubt they will actually make it usefull, even if the new stat selection part is nice.
    Last week Ion said Oribos was coming this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It is not just the stat selection. There is a wealth of added items that can be added to crafted gear to make it better, or have different effects.
    What is more important than that though is getting it out at a reasonable time so the devs can get feedback on whether the crafting they are presenting is a good idea, otherwise we could in theory end up with things like the WoD crafting or worse.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I saw Towellie said there are 3 possible scenarios:

- best: today build will introduce Oribos and 3 last classes for Torghast
    - medium: they won't make all in time and there will be 3 or less classes for Torghast OR Oribos
    - worst: something will go wrong and they will go to short vacation (memorial day on Monday) without build.

TBH wednesday are one of the most exciting days because of an alpha build with new tidbits datamined... My week will feel empty without one.

I guess no new build this week, or at least not a build with anything exciting on it?

Random thought but with there being 4 distinct covenants and tensions rising between Humans/NEs and Orcs/Undead I feel like we may see a 4 kingdom scenario after Shadowlands. Races can still interact with members of their faction now even though they're in separate covenants. It would certainly feel different than the AvH crap we've been given. We would've gone full circle with the factions taking us back to Warcraft era splits. If a world revamp is in the cards that only adds to my speculation. Interesting times
    Last edited by Halfaheart; 2020-05-21 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Random thought but with there being 4 distinct covenants and tensions rising between Humans/NEs and Orcs/Undead I feel like we may see a 4 kingdom scenario after Shadowlands. Races can still interact with members of their faction now even though they're in separate covenants. It would certainly feel different than the AvH crap we've been given.
    They aren't going to do that, there's hardly any tension between Orcs and Undead, nor with Humans and Nelves, just two of their leaders being at odds(Sylvanas leaving and killed a big Orc Hero) Tyrande not trusting Horde at all right now which is fine). At most we'll get cross faction queues and what not............eventually when Blizzard stops teasing us >.>

They aren't going to splinter the fans of Warcraft even more with this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I guess no new build this week, or at least not a build with anything exciting on it?
    Bit too early to call that, we've gotten builds on Thursdays (Torghast came on a Thursday for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Random thought but with there being 4 distinct covenants and tensions rising between Humans/NEs and Orcs/Undead I feel like we may see a 4 kingdom scenario after Shadowlands. Races can still interact with members of their faction now even though they're in separate covenants. It would certainly feel different than the AvH crap we've been given. We would've gone full circle with the factions taking us back to Warcraft era splits. If a world revamp is in the cards that only adds to my speculation. Interesting times
    Civil War expansion pack here we come!

I doubt it'll actually happen but it would be interesting.

Alliance civil war expansion pack maybe? With the Horde as a volunteer force?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

- medium: they won't make all in time and there will be 3 or less classes for Torghast OR Oribos
    - worst: something will go wrong and they will go to short vacation (memorial day on Monday) without build.
    No offense but that's like saying that it might rain or it might not xD

Anyone knows if you can get alpha even if you don't have an active sub? I know most of the invites are for streamers, but I know two people with active subs that are in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

In other words, anything can happen.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What Sloot said is that there was an issue pushing the patch out yesterday and that the same thing might happen today. It's a long weekend here in the US so Blizzard will most likely be off Friday and won't be back until Tuesday. So it seems likely there won't be anything this week.

What Sloot said is that there was an issue pushing the patch out yesterday and that the same thing might happen today. It's a long weekend here in the US so Blizzard will most likely be off Friday and won't be back until Tuesday. So it seems likely there won't be anything this week.
    Even if they aren't off tomorrow, I doubt we would get a build on the Friday heading into a 3 day weekend as if they pushed it tomorrow and it caused any major issues they'd have to work the holiday weekend to fix it. Safer option is to push the build to the next week.
    Signature by Caerule

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Well, I don't follow news 24/7, but I thought that fact it will be Oribos/Torghast and not let's say new dungeon/Maldraxxus is pretty specific info. No one can tell when build will land, it's Alpha and stuff gets fucked up all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then.....it happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blizzard just released a blog post previewing Oribos. I really think a build will be today. :-)