Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Nothing them stopping them giving them the N'zoth treatment. All the build up for such an anticlimactic ending in a single patch and not an expansion.
    N'zoth was built up for the entire expansion though. Everything was pretty much his plan to escape from the start. Our very first interaction with the Heart Chamber has an old god minion attacking.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    N'zoth was built up for the entire expansion though. Everything was pretty much his plan to escape from the start. Our very first interaction with the Heart Chamber has an old god minion attacking.
    More than 10k years in the making...I'm not sure if how the dev't team rendered it in BfA gave it proper justice.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-02 at 12:41 AM.

All the wow expert on this forum will tell you that wow is dead and shadowland is the last xpac anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wouldn't mind a permanent cap, so long as there is some alternate form of meaningful character progression every expansion.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    All the wow expert on this forum will tell you that wow is dead and shadowland is the last xpac anyway
    Do you mind giving the names of these so called experts,hmm?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-02 at 02:35 PM.

I don't mind being perma 60. we already have some kind of paragon with AP. IMO we don't even need the 50-60 leveling phase every xpac, those 10lvls are just a bit of story and a whole lot of stupid quests you do once per chars and forget about.

they can tell the story via reputations and give new spells/talent through paragon systems.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what works and will work for the future... going abow level 60 is just pointless...

Each expansion just push the level down to 50 and then give us 10 level up to 60 for the new content.

numbers will be low and cool and understandable...

With over 120 levels... people in the industry started using wow as a joke for elveling and how bad games can get with no level squishs... so its a good thing and Blizzard will keep it this way.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Do you mind giving the names of these so called experts,hmm?
    Certainly not you captain Saronite xD

3+ Year Old Account
    I really do not get the 'outrage' of people finding it awful to level 50-60 over again every exp. Don't we get to be 10 levels short from top and level 10 more levels every new expansion anyway? How does it really matter what number it is?

I find that going with a 1-50 any exp and 50-60 current content bracket is a very elegant solution, which adds to the game's longevity in terms of replayability with alts. A new player will be able to enjoy every single exp if they want, one per each alt, rather than blaze through the leveling process as fast as possible without having a clue about the Lore.

Also, it will probably change how the leveling Dungeons are populated. We will have more people running them... and just as there are lower level tier twinks for pvp, we could see the birth of more lvl-50 pve guilds focused on clearing old raids from a specific exp.

I have always purchased the latest exp, but I have also had a number of guildmates (we are socials, clearly) only running a sub because the exp price is too high for their pockets at launch. This will greatly enhance their experience, too.
    Last edited by Astranea; 2020-05-21 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    You would still have to level every xpac. Just, EVERY xpac you'd be levelling from 50 to 60. End of xpac ---> Dropped to 50 and everything rescaled.
    Which would be idiotically stupid. Many people would quit the game because it would feel like you are running in place. You don't do that every expansion. You do that after every 3 or 4 expansions

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Certainly not you captain Saronite xD
    We'll see about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    I really do not get the 'outrage' of people finding it awful to level 50-60 over again every exp. Don't we get to be 10 levels short from top and level 10 more levels every new expansion anyway? How does it really matter what number it is?

I find that going with a 1-50 any exp and 50-60 current content bracket is a very elegant solution, which adds to the game's longevity in terms of replayability with alts. A new player will be able to enjoy every single exp if they want, one per each alt, rather than blaze through the leveling process as fast as possible without having a clue about the Lore.

Also, it will probably change how the leveling Dungeons are populated. We will have more people running them... and just as there are lower level tier twinks for pvp, we could see the birth of more lvl-50 pve guilds focused on clearing old raids from a specific exp.

I have always purchased the latest exp, but I have also had a number of guildmates (we are socials, clearly) only running a sub because the exp price is too high for their pockets at launch. This will greatly enhance their experience, too.
    Because two of their expac's storyline could've been told within 5 levels. Cata 81-85, MoP 86-90. And they might do it once again in SL and the next expac. From 61-65 10.0 and 66-70 by 11.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post

Because two of their expac's storyline could've been told within 5 levels. Cata 81-85, MoP 86-90. And they might do it once again in SL and the next expac. From 61-65 10.0 and 66-70 by 11.0

It's just numbers, it literally has no bearing on what's actually happening because it's purely a representation relative to a particular power curve. If you change that curve accordingly, you could easily reset back down each time and the actual EXPERIENCE would be the same as if you had increased the cap. The numbers are just in your head.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's just numbers, it literally has no bearing on what's actually happening because it's purely a representation relative to a particular power curve. If you change that curve accordingly, you could easily reset back down each time and the actual EXPERIENCE would be the same as if you had increased the cap. The numbers are just in your head.
    There is no point if they will do the reset each and everytime might as well make WoW into an action game if they will do the same repetitive thing in 10 years time.

There is a great implication not on gameplay alone but on the storyline and flow. Imagine leveling the whole time in Outlands then you will do Legion content then BFA or from MoP to WoDs and entirely skipping Legion content.

What does it imply? That timeline is non linear and would coincide with what Ion is hinting in 10.0 that there is time skip. Might as well implement this whole leveling thingy on 10.0 if that was their intention. If that is their intention perhaps this is not the time, sure after the whole Shadowlands fiasco when they intend to do time skip, this concept would fit thematically.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-21 at 04:56 PM.

There is no point if they will do the reset each and everytime might as well make WoW into an action game if they will do the same repetitive thing in 10 years time.

There is a great implication not on gameplay alone but on the storyline and flow. Imagine leveling the whole time in Outlands then you will do Legion content then BFA or from MoP to WoDs and entirely skipping Legion content.

What does it imply? That timeline is non linear and would coincide with what Ion is hinting in 10.0 that there is time skip. Might as well implement this whole leveling thingy on 10.0 if that was their intention.
    I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say. When a new expansion starts, you'll have X levels of leveling, where X is a constant fraction of the whole, and a set time interval. That never changes. What the actual level numbers are is fairly irrelevant to that.

As for new characters, it also wouldn't change much if you keep on adding new possible expansions to choose from. You don't HAVE to choose the same ones over and over if you get a new one each time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say. When a new expansion starts, you'll have X levels of leveling, where X is a constant fraction of the whole, and a set time interval. That never changes. What the actual level numbers are is fairly irrelevant to that.

As for new characters, it also wouldn't change much if you keep on adding new possible expansions to choose from. You don't HAVE to choose the same ones over and over if you get a new one each time.
    There's a huge difference in leveling a level ,60,70,80,90100,110,120 character
    Leveling from 60 to 120 should've been 2x the leveling experience when leveling from 1-60.

Leveling an allied race which starts at level 20 is just leveling 100 levels in reality.
    Leveling DH in actuality is just 22 levels or 20 rounded off.
    Warlords Maghar is 20 levels too to max. Allow them to be unlockable after finishing WoD content for them to directly experience BfA.

This whole level crunch is such a waste of their effort and time trying to make it appear as they are "simplifying" things when what they're doing is just overcomplicating stuff instead.
    Exp readjustment, item level readjustment and power gain, and with all this scaling mechanics being implemented all across the board, you're telling me that a drop from SFK would be as strong as your artifact weapon due to level scaling and it would be the weapon I can use to kill Argus?!

Here's another thing I noticed why on Earth did they not include Zuldazar and Kul'tiras to be a part of the new lower leveling experience and must start at 50 when technically BfA allied race could be leveling and should be leveling in their own expac zone and be given the option to level on old expac or world instead.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-21 at 05:59 PM.

There's a huge difference in leveling a level ,60,70,80,90100,110,120 character
    Leveling from 60 to 120 should've been 2x the leveling experience when leveling from 1-60.

Leveling an allied race which starts at level 20 is just leveling 100 levels in reality.

This whole level crunch is such a waste of their effort and time trying to simply things when what they're doing is just complicating stuff.
    Exp readjustment, item level readjustment and power gain, and with all this scaling mechanics being implemented all across the board, you're telling me that a drop from SFK would be as strong as your artifact weapon due to level scaling and it would be the weapon I can use to kill Argus?!
    I think you're too hung up on thinking of things in terms of levels, when really you should think of it in terms of time it takes.

The time to level to the new cap on expansion release has been fairly consistent, within a margin of error (and with a few outliers here and there). What the actual level range is that covers that time doesn't really matter.

The same is true for leveling new characters. What matters is how much time you spend on it - not how many levels it's spread across.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're too hung up on thinking of things in terms of levels, when really you should think of it in terms of time it takes.

The time to level to the new cap on expansion release has been fairly consistent, within a margin of error (and with a few outliers here and there). What the actual level range is that covers that time doesn't really matter.

The same is true for leveling new characters. What matters is how much time you spend on it - not how many levels it's spread across.
    That is my point if they wanted to make leveling experience shorter they should be just readjusted the exp gained from each leveling bracket they did in Legion- BFA and move around zones to a more appropriate leveling bracket? This whole level crunch and level readjustment isn't a very wise and logical move just to address level up speed when they could have increased the experience gained in WOD,Legion and BFA instead creating a diversion and reason just for them to have an excuse to do a level crunch and they end up complicating things and instead of focusing on the actual content for DL, they are forced to deal with issues they have created with this illogical move they are currently doing. What for? Stalling the release of Shadowlands??? So what will be their new excuse if the whole death experience and the after life or a whole time skip experience happening they intend to implement in the fuether expac or storyline, what would be their excuse for world scaling if they are doing it now? This is really really an untimely move.

TLDR: make XP rate 1.X to xX% and voila!!

There is a saying DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-21 at 05:22 PM.

maybe a system like the new separation of crafting skills of each expansion ?
    new character, you just level to the first cap, then you only do the last Xpac. since the previous ones don't really add anything once they are done.
    vanilla to BfA => cap to 50,
    then you have 10 SL level, and 10 for next Xpac...

you don't want to do old content on that char, you don't have to visit/xp it's specific levels.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    maybe a system like the new separation of crafting skills of each expansion ?
    new character, you just level to the first cap, then you only do the last Xpac. since the previous ones don't really add anything once they are done.
    vanilla to BfA => cap to 50,
    then you have 10 SL level, and 10 for next Xpac...

you don't want to do old content on that char, you don't have to visit/xp it's specific levels.
    But the thing is there are still complications left with this level crunch. What about scaling levels in dungeons and items? Do they mean Wailing Caverns is as hard as Cathedral and the drops there are nothing but the same power level or TK is the same difficulty with Nyalotha?

They left so many issues still unaddressed with this kind of move because it didn't readily solved the issue but just further complicate everything and turned it to a mess. This is a dangerous move when they try to oversimplify stuff and reconstruct the existing structure just for the sake of catering this to the players as something new and a very ingenious solution in speeding up leveling. Removing the level brackets they introduced in Legion is a bullet shot to thei head , they're commiting massacre on their very own creation.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-21 at 06:08 PM.

I seriously doubt a perma lvl 60 cap, theyre just doing the squish because 120lvls is a bit daunting even to veteran players. Theyll probably go to 60 and go back up from there.