Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Sure. My question is why not post on their forums about it? Seems like you'd get a less hostile response.
    That's funny since you were the first person to come in here acting hostile toward OP. You don't know the guy, so you can either take his word for what it is; that he's here to see if anyone else has run into the same issue, or you should just leave him alone. It's a legitimate post. Maybe he's running something else in the background that caused him to get banned. Asking if anyone else has run into the issue with HotKeyNet is what anyone should do in order to isolate the cause, and he should be asking this question in every medium he can to have a better chance of finding someone else in the same boat. Why not keep your hostility and toxic remarks to yourself? Seems like you'd get a less hostile response.
    Last edited by Bootynuzzler; 2020-05-21 at 10:42 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    That's funny since you were the first person to come in here acting hostile toward OP. You don't know the guy, so you can either take his word for what it is; that he's here to see if anyone else has run into the same issue, or you should just leave him alone. It's a legitimate post. Maybe he's running something else in the background that caused him to get banned. Asking if anyone else has run into the issue with HotKeyNet is what anyone should do in order to isolate the cause, and he should be asking this question in every medium he can to have a better chance of finding someone else in the same boat. Why not keep your hostility and toxic remarks to yourself? Seems like you'd get a less hostile response.
    It's no big deal man, ignore him and he'll go away.

I'm still asking with genuine curiosity, is multiboxing a 'hotbutton topic' on MMO-C? Like seriously whoever gave a shit about multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm still asking with genuine curiosity, is multiboxing a 'hotbutton topic' on MMO-C? Like seriously whoever gave a shit about multiboxing.
    Only the people who got smashed by five other characters and think that's a multibox problem and not a 1v5 problem, or the people who still think that the monthly sub for this game is "expensive" and like to police how other people spend their money. No rational person gives a shit.

Yea I just got banned for the same thing... Literally just opened 4 new accounts yesterday and decided to try multiboxing. Here's the script I was using. I didn't break any Blizzard TOS as far as I can tell. All key presses were sending a single key press to the other WoW windows.

<Command LaunchAndRename>
    <SendPC %1%>
    <Run "E:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_classic_\WowClassic.exe">
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" Hidden%2%>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" %2%>
    <WaitForWin %2% 40000>
    <WaitForInputIdle 40000>
    <Text %3%>

<Command ResizeWindows>
    <TargetWin Wow1>
    <SetWinSize 1920 1080>
    <SetWinPos 0 0>
    <TargetWin Wow2>
    <SetWinSize 960 540>
    <SetWinPos 0 -1080>
    <TargetWin Wow3>
    <SetWinSize 960 540>
    <SetWinPos 960 -1080>
    <TargetWin Wow4>
    <SetWinSize 960 540>
    <SetWinPos 0 -540>
    <TargetWin Wow5>
    <SetWinSize 960 540>
    <SetWinPos 960 -540>

<Hotkey Ctrl Alt L>
    <LaunchAndRename local Wow1 myemail>
    <LaunchAndRename local Wow2 myemail>
    <LaunchAndRename local Wow3 myemail>
    <LaunchAndRename local Wow4 myemail>
    <LaunchAndRename local Wow5 myemail>

<Hotkey Ctrl Alt P>
    <ResizeWindows>

<Label 1 local SendWinM Wow1>
    <Label 2 local SendWinM Wow2>
    <Label 3 local SendWinM Wow3>
    <Label 4 local SendWinM Wow4>
    <Label 5 local SendWinM Wow5>
    <KeyList MyList q, e, r, f, t, y, x, g, z, 0-9, F1-F12, space, enter, x, i, t>
    <Hotkey MyList; Shift MyList; Alt MyList; Ctrl MyList>
    <SendLabel 1, 2, 3, 4, 5>
    <Key %Trigger%>

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meckinville View Post
    Yea I just got banned for the same thing... Literally just opened 4 new accounts yesterday and decided to try multiboxing. Here's the script I was using. I didn't break any Blizzard TOS as far as I can tell. All key presses were sending a single key press to the other WoW windows.
    Using HotKeyNet?

IMO, multi boxing itself should be against the ToS. Whatever you do on your "active" account is copied to your "inactive" by some automation mechanism.
    That to me is a violation of the ToS.

I mean, you're actively navigating 1 char only, why do 1-39 (yes, I've already seen ppl farming herbs with 20+ druids at once) other chars do the same? That not logical.

Also, multi boxing creates unfair advantages for the multi boxer. Farming 20 times the amount of herbs of what ppl gather, that are playing fair, 5 of the same class causing havoc in random bgs just to name a few examples.

I don't care if you pay for hundreds of accounts, you're only playing 1, even with multi boxing, so please, if anyone at Blizz reads this, ban all the multi boxers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    IMO, multi boxing itself should be against the ToS. Whatever you do on your "active" account is copied to your "inactive" by some automation mechanism.
    That to me is a violation of the ToS.

I mean, you're actively navigating 1 char only, why do 1-39 (yes, I've already seen ppl farming herbs with 20+ druids at once) other chars do the same? That not logical.

Also, multi boxing creates unfair advantages for the multi boxer. Farming 20 times the amount of herbs of what ppl gather, that are playing fair, 5 of the same class causing havoc in random bgs just to name a few examples.

I don't care if you pay for hundreds of accounts, you're only playing 1, even with multi boxing, so please, if anyone at Blizz reads this, ban all the multi boxers.
    Not really here to argue coulda shoulda wouldas, it's not currently against TOS, and it seems from what i'm seeing there may have been a ban wave that i got caught up in. Hopefully the appeal ETA is accurate and i only have to wait 24 hrs for this to get cleared up.

They mean 1 keypress = 1 frostbolt, not 1 keypress = 1 frostbolt with 5 chars.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    They mean 1 keypress = 1 frostbolt, not 1 keypress = 1 frostbolt with 5 chars.
    My understanding is 1 key press = 1 frostbolt x say 5 (5 accounts total) is totally safe.

In other words, hitting Frostbolt on your main mage, and having the other 4 also frostbolt is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    Using HotKeyNet?
    Yes I was using HotKeyNet and the Ebony Multiboxing Assistant addon in game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I was using HotKeyNet and the Ebony Multiboxing Assistant addon in game.
    From what I read, it's only HotKeyNet users that were banned... not ISBoxer users. I wonder why. Hopefully it's a quick fix -.-

There's a post about it in the blizzard support forums but apparently I can't post links here because my account is too new.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    that's where you and blizzard disagree, they do care that they pay for hundreds of accounts and want to keep it that way.

I was just banned for using HotKeyNet, which i believed was not against the ToS. Anyone have this happen?
    Hahahhahahhaa... see ya

I was dualboxing, calm down.
    Sorry to hear about the issue. I use to multiple box and never had an issue.

Multiple boxing takes skill and organization.

Keep being amazing. Don’t let blizzard get you down or these bitches on Mmo-fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    From what I read, it's only HotKeyNet users that were banned... not ISBoxer users. I wonder why. Hopefully it's a quick fix -.-
    I would highly include anything in the ticket because being a multiboxer - you're a higher paying person to bat as well - they need to probably figure out what actually happened vs just perma'ing a random person that DOESN't multibox for using a tool for multiboxing

Personally I dont see any issue with multiboxing, sure back on darkspear when that dood would come in and train wreck it was a little annoying but think about it: made my day getting hit like a train by a ton of people controlled by one guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This forum cannot help you with official actions by Blizzard or account disputes, and your claims can't really be verified in any actionable way here. Please use official support channels to address this such as the official forums or Blizzard's technical support line. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead