Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Children...despite the unlikelihood of them getting ill, I avoid them like the plague.
    Anyone can get severely ill and even die despite being perfectly healthy. I hope for your sake you won't have to find out the hard way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    And? It is true, whether you like that or not.
    According to the data, 60K die of flu in the US every year. Over the last 30 years, that's ~1.8M dead. Where was the outrage? Where were you caring?
    Right. You didn't. Because flu deaths are socially accepted as inevitable, almost no one gives them a second thought. Just as most people do not think about how many humans die to old age or heart attacks or car crashes or drug abuse, etc etc.

Yeah, people die all the time.
    Yet suddenly Corona comes around, everyone seemingly realizes that people die and it's ermagaaawd so horrrible... It's just all so fake.
    Yup suddenly, people like me, that see Corona deaths as detached as the above deaths is called a sociopath, horrible human being etc.

Do you get my actual point now? Again: I never said "don't do anything and let them die".
    I never said: "Corona isn't dangerous, just ignore it".

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if all these deaths could have been prevented, which is dishonest.
    Yes, some could have been averted, had they chosen to do so.
    Even in states such as mine, where every conceivable thing that can be done has been done, we have 4 figure death counts. Do keep that in mind.
    I mean, I sort of get where you are coming from. Not all the deaths can be prevented. Death is inevitable, but it's not some faux outrage. There are flu shots to help people from contracting and then dying from the flu. Not completely foolproof. There are preventative measures for many causes of death, such as medicine, surgery, etc. They are also not foolproof. There really isn't anything for Covid, which is why being reckless with people's lives(which I know you are not advocating) like some countries and some individuals approaches to this, is well, sad imo.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-05-22 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I think a lot of those posters being rather indifferent to Covid-19 are so because they see it merely as a virus getting rid of "useless old people" mostly.
    Actually my indifferent perspective sees it as not affecting many people on a personal level. Too few people are dying. And those are too distant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Anyone can get severely ill and even die despite being perfectly healthy. I hope for your sake you won't have to find out the hard way.
    And what "hard way" would that be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    But that is what Sweden said, right? They trusted their people to be responsible? But yeah, there's been plenty of bad behavior in the USA even with the lockdowns, but I think it's just that this was never pitched as months.
    By whom? It was absolutely pitched as months plenty of times by scientists and by anyone who employed some critical thinking to the subject. It wasn't, however, pitched as months by the current administration, no.

We don't really know what might have happened.
    Sure we do. People's attitudes on the subject have been made clear. There's zero chance that they would have acted in the literally opposite manner.

It does seem disingenuous to declare if we'd done what they've done it would have been much worse, while also dismissing what they've done.
    Not really. They just set different goals. We both succeeded in some ways and failed at others.

I don't think Sweden ever actually laid out the goals like that, but just said they were heading this path because they figured it would have the same or less overall death with less hindrance to society and economy. If they're no worse off than their neighbors, they're half right I guess, but not sure how much better their economy is doing.
    Which is also why, if you'll notice, I said that people outside Sweden have been describing the approach thusly. And yet it's impacting their economy just as harshly as their neighbors.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

And what "hard way" would that be?
    Losing a friend you've had ever since middle school for instance? Or a loved one, or getting it yourself even? Is resorting to such obviousness really necessary? Gods help us all.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This bullshit is hell for my mental health. I really can't stay inside doing fucking nothing all day for much longer anymore

Losing a friend you've had ever since middle school for instance? Or a loved one, or getting it yourself even? Is resorting to such obviousness really necessary? Gods help us all.
    Nah..the few are safe...tested positive back in January...with no effects. The one guy got it from his wife who's a nurse.
    The facility I work in are amused by the hubbub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah..the few are safe...tested positive back in January...with no effects. The one guy got it from his wife who's a nurse.
    The facility I work in are amused by the hubbub.
    There were a grand total of SEVEN cases confirmed in the US by the end of January. I'm smelling pants-on-fire, here.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There were a grand total of SEVEN cases confirmed in the US by the end of January. I'm smelling pants-on-fire, here.
    As if I care. But this was found out long after the fact...tracing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not only that, but he claimed he tested positive with no effect. At that time, the CDC restricted COVID-19 testing to individuals with coronavirus symptoms with known travel to China or exposure to someone who had traveled to China. So yeah, lies have short legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If everyone you knew caught it you’d likely know at least one person who either died or had someone close to them die. Your amusement is ignorance.
    I would have to give a shit to find out.
    And I don't.

As if I care. But this was found out long after the fact...tracing it out.
    So you had antibody testing or what? Where do you live btw?

Not only that, but he claimed he tested positive with no effect. At that time, the CDC restricted COVID-19 testing to individuals with coronavirus symptoms with known travel to China or exposure to someone who had traveled to China. So yeah, lies have short legs.
    This nurse had longer legs.
    But maybe I was lucky...not wearing masks, no social distancing...and no else either here doing any of that.

I guess we all should be playing the lottery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So you had antibody testing or what? Where do you live btw?
    South Jersey. Those tests are becoming more prevalent...

But maybe I was lucky...not wearing masks, no social distancing...and no else either here doing any of that.

- - - Updated - - -

South Jersey. Those tests are becoming more prevalent...
    So you don't give a shit, find the hubbub amusing, but were also so concerned that you went and got antibody tested? ok

Asymptomatic infections are a thing, that much is not being questioned. I'm just amused at your grasping at straws to try and untangle from your obvious lie. Antibody tests don't tell you when you had it, they only tell you that at some point you had it if positive. In order to know when you had it, you would've had to test positive to a viral test (RT-PCR for instance, which were not available to the general public at the time) when the infection was active. I really don't get what you think it is you're getting by lying. Internet points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Never said it protects you from getting it. Does it in fact help your immune system? Isn’t that the reason it’s prescribed for malaria and rheumatoid arthritis?
    and

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you understand how the medication would help against corona virus?
    Since you seem to be asking for legitimate, factual medical information, I believe this thread is the one you want. Not only are there nearly 800 pages, almost certainly containing the answer you were looking for several times over, but also you'll see other new information as it comes to light. I will, however, get you started with webmd and the NIH description on the topic. I'm a bit surprised you didn't start there, while looking for legitimate, factual medical information, to be honest. But feel free to browse this thread and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

I would have to give a shit to find out.
    And I don't.
    Oh, you're an edgelord. At your age? Embarrassing...

I'm just amused at your grasping at straws to try and untangle from your obvious lie.
    The nurse and her husband was tested.
    We all got symptoms that we all shook off...easy assumption.
    But embrace that amusement.
    Because I've always found amusement that anyone pretending to care about any stranger's death is truly lying to themselves. Because you really don't. There's no emotional bond, nothing invested. And nothing to care about

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you're an edgelord. At your age? Embarrassing...
    If you're embarrassed to hear truth, oh well.

The nurse and her husband was tested.
    We all got symptoms that we all shook off...easy assumption.
    But embrace that amusement.
    Because I've always found amusement that anyone pretending to care about any stranger's death is truly lying to themselves. Because you really don't. There's no emotional bond, nothing invested. And nothing to care about

- - - Updated - - -

If you're embarrassed to hear truth, oh well.
    No, it's embarrassing to see someone who pretends to be an older person act like a raging 16 yr old edgelord.

No, it's embarrassing to see someone who pretends to be an older person act like a raging 16 yr old edgelord.
    If that's what you want to call it.
    But as I've put it earlier, if there's no personal involvement why would you care?