Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I assumed they are going to give blue eyes options to Void Elves, and show for BE because of the model share.
    I've also thought this might be the case. We'll have to wait and see. I honestly don't mind any way they go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And how do Elves get ears that are this much smaller than their normal?
    Same way the new humans exist. Because video games.

Also expecting Void Elves to get a blue eye color option (1/2 High Elf) and then a fair skin color during a small round of updates for ARs post-launch (2/2 High Elf). They've been clear to avoid saying ARs won't be touched this entire expansion, just at launch.

The only people that would complain then are the ones who want a High Elf race and they would be a tiny minority. People just want white people lookin' elves running around Alliance, simple as.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-05-21 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    They're just showing what's there. They also showed purple and red which are likely NPC options. And according to Stiven, while purple and red are clearly labeled in the system as most likely npc, the blue eyes appear to be in the same category as other playable options. Yes Ion said what he said. People should make their own conclusions.
    Not on stream. Stiven was very firm on pushing "Well my database says they have class requirements so they're a player option." Thankfully, whoever wrote the article was a little more nuanced about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    where the hell you get that? nothing like this in their site. they also state

in news where they posted everything about BE female option. BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING DATAMINED, IT NOT MEAN "OFFICIAL"! I mean "found in files"
    You're talking about their site. I was talking about their stream.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Bit too early to call that, we've gotten builds on Thursdays (Torghast came on a Thursday for instance).
    Imma start saying no new build every week

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Imma start saying no new build every week
    Well, so far they've pushed one out every week, this one included.

7+ Year Old Account
    looks like they redid the mail ardenweld set?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Maybe, either way, it makes me happy to see that in this expansion we are getting many good looking mail gear.

Note: It still makes me sad that the gear is locked to certain covenants :S

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, either way, it makes me happy to see that in this expansion we are getting many good looking mail gear.
    same, i wanted to main a hunter in ardenweld for the aesthetic

It's possible. The reception to the original mail set was.. not that good. But then, I don't think they could've made a whole new set in such a short amount of time, so if it's a replacement set, probably more likely due to internal criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    same, i wanted to main a hunter in ardenweld for the aesthetic
    I also like the Aesthetic, but i also like the looks of the blood guys, also their ability... i love it.

Could also just be a quest / dungeon set. Definitely looks better than the bug set I agree. That one feels so underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    There is no reason to let it go when Blizzard has made it clear that High Elves are a distinct Alliance only group that pops up almost every expansion for the Alliance more than some of their playable races.
    This is why Blizzard really just need to kill off the high elves in their entirety

Transmogging each shoulder separately is a dream come true. Gonna have to start brainstorming new mogs around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    This is why Blizzard really just need to kill off the high elves in their entirety
    Well... we have some of them being trained in the VEs starting area, so i think that's their way of slowly but surely getting rid of them and give the VEs a bigger stand in their faction.

Well... we have some of them being trained in the VEs starting area, so i think that's their way of slowly but surely getting rid of them and give the VEs a bigger stand in their faction.
    Retrospective start to bfa, exchange teldressil for the silver convernant and the useless windrunner. No more high elves, the few survivors join the VE. Really hammer home the fact Slyvannas is so far gone shes sort of doing an arthas all over again. Lots of drama between the surviving windrunners, fuck it spilt rohins twins between the void Elves and blood Elves. That could be some interesting future tensions. This way night elves also dont get continually shat on and blizzard never need to come up with half arsed excuses for why the high elves can't be playable.

But yeah Blizzard should just fold the High Elves totally into void elves, make a big declarative statement there are no more high Elves and never use them again.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-22 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The one way they could just make high elf fans happy would be to give V-elves normal skin tones and blue eyes, maybe a bit more hair color options and then there you got it.

Blood elves should -not- get the blue eye color option simply because high elves are not affiliated with the horde whatsoever.

I think they will give Void Elves High Elf customization, but I don't think they will ever fully get rid of High Elves. It would be stupid to remove a faction like that from lore just because players cannot play them, it's the same thing with the Shendralar.

If the players can make a race that looks JUST like an unplayable "semi-race" (Night Elf Highborne/High Elves) does anyone REALLY give a shit that they're still around and can't play them? At that point it's just racials/a name on the creation screen that you can't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think they will give Void Elves High Elf customization, but I don't think they will ever fully get rid of High Elves. It would be stupid to remove a faction like that from lore just because players cannot play them, it's the same thing with the Shendralar.

If the players can make a race that looks JUST like an unplayable "semi-race" (Night Elf Highborne/High Elves) does anyone REALLY give a shit that they're still around and can't play them? At that point it's just racials/a name on the creation screen that you can't have.
    Its still in the vein of a Void Elf weather Blizzard wants to admit it or not. I'm not some rabid fan tahts gonna start insulting people cause...I don't wanna but really this argument is dumb. People have been wanting High Elves for a long time and Blizzard choses..not do it. You declaring "ITs JUST PEOPLE WANTING WHITE PEOPLE ELVES ON ALLIANCE" is such a dumb thing to say. This is the one time I think Blizzard is being dumb.

Its not a dealbreaker for Shadowlands though, far from it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its still in the vein of a Void Elf weather Blizzard wants to admit it or not. I'm not some rabid fan tahts gonna start insulting people cause...I don't wanna but really this argument is dumb. People have been wanting High Elves for a long time and Blizzard choses..not do it. You declaring "ITs JUST PEOPLE WANTING WHITE PEOPLE ELVES ON ALLIANCE" is such a dumb thing to say. This is the one time I think Blizzard is being dumb.

Its not a dealbreaker for Shadowlands though, far from it.
    Not going to start an argument on whether or not Alliance deserves the High Elves or whatever but I think it's just clear that they have an internal thing going where they really really really don't want another Pandaren and want races to be unique to each faction regardless of player desire. This will make a lot more sense if they go through with faction crossplay.

The factions are essentially brands, and the High Elf archetype has been on Horde for longer than it hasn't at this point. Muddle the brands and the Horde loses exclusive access to its most popular race (which wouldn't REALLY matter but I have a feeling a lot of the devs think it would).

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, it's not like this is some weird subgroup grasping at straws. Blizzard has been very clear that High elves are a distinct group from the Blood elves, and that they are firmly placed in the Alliance. Blizzard giving Belves the blue eyes would in effect be giving them an Alliance race for no reason other than to spite the loyal High elf fans.
    Eh, my take is that after getting pretty much dark latino or outright black belf options, drawing the line at eye color for the race that is extremely silly. Not to mention I still hold the opinion that the player characters are special. We barely spend any time in Silvermoon, letting me have blue or magenta eyes that fit the general "mana/arcane" vibe on my mage doesn't hut anyone and makes alot of sense, since I'm certainly not juicing sunwell or fel magic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.